Replies

• Beeky85
    Beeky85 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    But not billy!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    I have just been cleared to walk again after spending 10 weeks in a surgical boot and this challenge may be just what I need. Since I'm starting a week late I need to think of a realistic walking goal the month.
  • Beeky85
    Options
    I have just been cleared to walk again after spending 10 weeks in a surgical boot and this challenge may be just what I need. Since I'm starting a week late I need to think of a realistic walking goal the month.

Hey, welcome! I hope your foot is healing well? :( just set small goals and pace yourself. Please don't cause any damage to your limbs in the process :) X
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,909 Member
    Options
    From July I did around 145 miles, let's kick it up and see if I can get it to 200 miles. I did end July with 308,793 steps.

8/1/15: 21,775 steps - 10.52 miles. 3:00'52"
    8/2/15: Rest day
    8/3/15: 22,200 steps - 10.54 miles. 3:07'16" .
    8/4/15: 23,410 steps - 11.00 miles. 3:16'52" .
    8/5/15: 23,630- 11.11 miles. 3:20'54"
    8/6/15: 23,675 steps - 11.16 miles. 3:20'17"
    8/7/15: 4029 steps - 1.95 miles. 36'25" (waiting for oil change)
    8/7/15: 5400 steps - 2.59 miles. 48'19" (waitng for alignment)
  • Beeky85
    Options
    Wow- well done Alpha!!! #motivated #thisgirlcan :smiley:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,943 Member
    Options

:) what a challenge it must have been for you in that surgical boot....I'm sure you found ways to exercise without walking.

:) Just start off slowly and you'll gradually get back to your active self again.

• Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Aug 1 - 1.681 miles 40 minutes
    Aug 2 - 3.028 miles 65 minutes
    Aug 3 - 3.227 miles 64 minutes
    Aug 4 - 2.609 miles 54 minutes
    Aug 5 - 2.529 miles 54 minutes
    Aug 6 - 2.010 miles 39 minutes
    Aug 7 - 1.008 miles 23 minutes

Total = 16.092 miles & 339 minutes all on treadmill
    13.908 miles to go :smiley:
  • dwasson56
    dwasson56 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have 45.5 miles so far this month. Since I'm retired, I get up early six days a week and start my day walking 12000 steps outside. Some days it's hard to pull myself out of bed, but once I'm out there I'm so glad I did. It just seems like it makes my whole day better. My knees won't let me run so it usually takes about an hour and 40 minutes. When I'm through, I treat myself to a nice breakfast (usually an egg white spinach omelet, toast and turkey bacon). I can usually add up another 6 or 7 thousand steps just doing everyday things. I know a lot of people don't really think of walking as being real exercise but I feel that I am in so much better shape since I have been doing this and I hope I'm able to keep it up for many years.

• barbiecat
    Options
    I walk early every morning and often have 10,000 steps before I shower and dress for the day's activities. I listen to music or podcasts or audio books while I walk.
  • jcook197
    jcook197 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE. :)
  • kbshipp4225
    kbshipp4225 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Starting late, but this seems like a great way to get motivated. Just got a UP3, love watching the steps add up. I'm assuming for 10,000 steps a day.
  • kbshipp4225
    kbshipp4225 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Aiming, not assuming!
  • Beeky85
    Options
    :# You're all doing so well and we are only one week into the month!! :D

Keep it up! :p X x
  • Beeky85
    Options
    First 4 miles logged for this month. It was painful but bareable... Slow and steady until ankle heals some more. :)
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Beeky85 wrote: »
    First 4 miles logged for this month. It was painful but bareable... Slow and steady until ankle heals some more. :)
    congrats to you for walking even with pain :)

• Beeky85
    Options
    Thank you. X
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »

:) what a challenge it must have been for you in that surgical boot....I'm sure you found ways to exercise without walking.

:) Just start off slowly and you'll gradually get back to your active self again.

Barbie unfortunately I didn't exercise very much during my time in the boot and regained all the weight I lost back in May. I'm disappointed that I allowed it to happen but only thing I can forward is get moving again.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options

Hey, welcome! I hope your foot is healing well? :( just set small goals and pace yourself. Please don't cause any damage to your limbs in the process :) X

Thank you for the warm welcome Beeky and I'm using this weekend to get my food in order and to figure out my game plan. I should be in full operation by Monday.
  • priscillam31
    priscillam31 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    kgqlv8c54n65.jpg

I want my fat to be WEEPING!!!!
  • priscillam31
    priscillam31 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I have been going to the y and using the treadmill everyday. I have short term goals like mani/pedi if I make it for 2 whole weeks. Well I one week in. No stopping me now!! I use a FirBit I usually get about 4.5 miles in steps/day. About 2 miles from the treadmill the rest from my normal walking at work. My goal is at least 10,000 steps per day. The step trackers are very good motivators to keep you moving. Anyway feel free to add me!! Happy Saturday!!