Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - June Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    OMG Best afternoon ever!!!!!!

I slept in this morning because I was feeling really tired and decided to workout after work instead of before work. I was a little nervous that it would be a half *kitten* workout but I pushed myself. And what do you know- 3.62 miles in 41:52 seconds. I did the 5k in 36:01 which is at least 12 minutes faster than my 5k that I ran in September. I am soo excited I really feel like I can accomplish my 5k that is on June 25th with some solid results. Just so excited and had to share!!!
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Happy June Lovelies!! :flowerforyou:

Well, I never set goals for May!! :ohwell: Was too afraid to disappoint myself but also didn't have anything to hold myself accountable. However, I will be setting goals for June!! And I am fully prepared to blow them out of the water!! :bigsmile:

June goals...no scale!! Focus on the lifestyle, the routine, and meal planning. Work out 3x per week. Drink 8 glasses of water per day. Eat more fruits and veggies.

Angela4Health -run 60 miles in June and eat clean for 29 of the next 30 days
    CCSunlight- Drink at least 8c of water a day, lose 8 pounds, and make sure to stay on track as I move and settle in
    Ashleypeterson37:: Finish the last 10 days of 30DS, finally hit ONEDERLAND (8lbs away), run at least 50 miles and start Ripped in 30!
    ashleyk_xox- Lose 10 pounds to make it to my 100 pounds total lost, bring ALL my meals to work, complete entire 30 DS video, NO sweat tea, go to the gym at least 4 times every week, and tone my legs enough to wear shorts!
    Anitanz - loose 2kg to get down to 63kg / 139lb. Drink less alcohol and look and feel great at my 30th!
    ~KanCrav~..... Reach 135. ~ Drink at least 80oz of water a day. ~ Work out 6 days a week, even if its just Shred. ~ Finish Shred! ~Run at least 4 miles a week.
    milieitner-Get into the 8-stone-something category, Finish shred and start NMTZ, and Eat 100% clean 5 days a week
    emmaldownie (Emma)- cycle 100k, drink at least 8 glasses of water a day
    mkingraham (Megan)- Strength train at least 2 times a week, DON'T Weigh-in until July 1, run at least 2 miles 3 times a week, believe in myself, lose 8 lbs (ambitious I know)
    erinnmcpherson- Goals: Drink 6-8 cups of water a day, lose at least three pounds, run/walk a 5k scheduled for June 18, run 3x a week, cook/eat more fruits and veggies again (and less processed foods) and start 30DS again.
    Crystalfaith: workout at least 4x a week, solidify my spot in the 140s (shooting for 145), containing my eating on the weekends, drink lots of water!
    Finncmh (Cait)- Continue with crossfit schedule of 3 days a week (MWF) get back in to a better running schedule (TR, Sat or Sun), compete in Father's Day 5k (hoping for a solid PR!) work on letting myself just get outside and relax a little bit on my day off, complete my Whole 30 challenge (check out my blog to see what it is), continue to blog everyday about my experience with the Whole30 challenge.
    shannonaufman: hit 168 pounds. Drink 32oz of H2O before any other beverage. Stick with 30DS and OHR. One cheat meal a week, log everything else.
    jyopchick: stay on Turbo Fire schedule as much as possible (even through a 10-day beach vacation), make FUN not FOOD the FOCUS of the summer!! :)
    smapl001-work out 3x a week and lose 8lbs :)
    lostalykat- No weighing in until a month from my last WI day, June 26th. Focus on fueling for my workouts and staying in a good calorie range. Relax and stretch more, worry less. Check in on how I am feeling emotionally and mentally once a week.
    Allie7383- stay in the 140's.. WI once a week.. continue with the 30 Day Shred, focus on changing my eating, continue feeling better about myself, no matter the number on the scale!!
    Mariababe81 (Mariam): I want to keep up with c25k and get to week 8 by the end of june, to continue zumba once a week and shred on days i cant run, get back to my clean eating!!! I am going to try to not weigh in every day and stick to once a month or fortnightly as i dont want the scale to rule my life! get the hang of maintainance!
    kafoteh (Kristin): *Lose 2-5 lbs *Workout at least 4x a week and at least 45 mins each session *Go to the golf driving range at least 3 times this month
    guamgrly (Bethany) - no scale!! Focus on the lifestyle, the routine, and meal planning. Work out 3x per week. Drink 8 glasses of water per day. Eat more fruits and veggies
  • shelsab
    shelsab Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    shelsab-keep up my 10k running schedule, lose 5lbs, strength training 2x week, 3 yoga classes.

AFM: Here was my May goals. I didn't get to keep up on my 10k training due to my pulled muscle. I will continue it this month. I lost 2 lbs this month. Strength training was good, but zero classes for yoga. Overall it was a good month, would have been better if I had not pulled a muscle, but it was a good lesson. Now I will post my june goals!!
    -Alexis
  • shelsab
    shelsab Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    OK June goals: lose 5 lbs. Strength 3 x week. More veggies. Read more. Find some new healthy meals to make. I think these look good for the beginning of my summer. Only one trip planned in the month, so I should be able to stay on track.

CCSunlight- Drink at least 8c of water a day, lose 8 pounds, and make sure to stay on track as I move and settle in
    Ashleypeterson37:: Finish the last 10 days of 30DS, finally hit ONEDERLAND (8lbs away), run at least 50 miles and start Ripped in 30!
    ashleyk_xox- Lose 10 pounds to make it to my 100 pounds total lost, bring ALL my meals to work, complete entire 30 DS video, NO sweat tea, go to the gym at least 4 times every week, and tone my legs enough to wear shorts!
    Anitanz - loose 2kg to get down to 63kg / 139lb. Drink less alcohol and look and feel great at my 30th!
    ~KanCrav~..... Reach 135. ~ Drink at least 80oz of water a day. ~ Work out 6 days a week, even if its just Shred. ~ Finish Shred! ~Run at least 4 miles a week.
    milieitner-Get into the 8-stone-something category, Finish shred and start NMTZ, and Eat 100% clean 5 days a week
    mkingraham (Megan)- Strength train at least 2 times a week, DON'T Weigh-in until July 1, run at least 2 miles 3 times a week, believe in myself, lose 8 lbs (ambitious I know)
    erinnmcpherson- Goals: Drink 6-8 cups of water a day, lose at least three pounds, run/walk a 5k scheduled for June 18, run 3x a week, cook/eat more fruits and veggies again (and less processed foods) and start 30DS again.
    Crystalfaith: workout at least 4x a week, solidify my spot in the 140s (shooting for 145), containing my eating on the weekends, drink lots of water!
    Finncmh (Cait)- Continue with crossfit schedule of 3 days a week (MWF) get back in to a better running schedule (TR, Sat or Sun), compete in Father's Day 5k (hoping for a solid PR!) work on letting myself just get outside and relax a little bit on my day off, complete my Whole 30 challenge (check out my blog to see what it is), continue to blog everyday about my experience with the Whole30 challenge.
    shannonaufman: hit 168 pounds. Drink 32oz of H2O before any other beverage. Stick with 30DS and OHR. One cheat meal a week, log everything else.
    jyopchick: stay on Turbo Fire schedule as much as possible (even through a 10-day beach vacation), make FUN not FOOD the FOCUS of the summer!! :)
    lostalykat- No weighing in until a month from my last WI day, June 26th. Focus on fueling for my workouts and staying in a good calorie range. Relax and stretch more, worry less. Check in on how I am feeling emotionally and mentally once a week.
    Allie7383- stay in the 140's.. WI once a week.. continue with the 30 Day Shred, focus on changing my eating, continue feeling better about myself, no matter the number on the scale!!
    Mariababe81 (Mariam): I want to keep up with c25k and get to week 8 by the end of june, to continue zumba once a week and shred on days i cant run, get back to my clean eating!!! I am going to try to not weigh in every day and stick to once a month or fortnightly as i dont want the scale to rule my life! get the hang of maintainance!
    kafoteh (Kristin): *Lose 2-5 lbs *Workout at least 4x a week and at least 45 mins each session *Go to the golf driving range at least 3 times this month
    guamgrly (Bethany) - no scale!! Focus on the lifestyle, the routine, and meal planning. Work out 3x per week. Drink 8 glasses of water per day. Eat more fruits and veggies
    shelsab (alexis)- lose 5 lbs. Strength 3 x week. More veggies. Read more. Find some new healthy meals to make.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    MY MAY GOALS AND HOW I DID

tjradd73(Tara)- to lose -5.4lbs to put me at 100lbs lost total (LOST -4.4 putting me at 99lbs total), 8 cups H20/day (CHECK!), 3 days of my strength plan(CHECK!), 3 days of cardio(CHECK!), no more than 4 days over on my cals(CHECK!), and >20 under on my sodium(CHECK-23 UNDER!)

I also had a side challenge not posted: it was to keep my average GROSS cals under 1300/week....my actual weeks were (1642,1613,1263, 1260) henceforth only -4.4lbs loss!!

I am still pretty happy with all of these goals and it helps me realize what I truly need to do to get this done! I will be posting my June goals shortly!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Welcome newbs!!! :flowerforyou:

Meag-thanks girly! and remember......just breathe......:wink:

Megan-very respectable way to finish May out! I love your goals for June and I know that you will kick it! feel free to use me as a little extra support during your NON-scale challenge to make it through (doubts, concerns, checking in, or whatever)! You've got this! And congrats on smashing your 5K PR...that is phenominal! :drinker:

Crystal-glad to see ya back!

Shannon-way to stick to it girly!! 3/5 ain't bad at all!! Love the June goals for you as well!

Jennelle-sounds like you have a super exciting June!! You will do great!

Aly-great goals for you too!!

Allie-you bet girl!! If you ever need a "check-in" buddy in the future...I've got your back! Awesome job on getting in the 140's! What did that put your total loss at for the month btw? :heart:

AFM-already posted my May goals and how I did...but grand finale.....-4.4lbs for the month putting my exactly 1lb away from 100lbs lost!! I know that I will hit it this month no probs!! I also lost 4.25" from my hips, arms, thighs, and waist...so WOOT WOOT!! :bigsmile:
  • tjradd73
    Options
    OK....with exactly 10weeks until I want to reach my FINAL goal weight (15 more lbs), here are my June goals: lose -6.0llbs, follow my new workout plan every day, try 2 new recipes, <1400 cal avg/week, and <4 days over cals total.

shelsab (alexis)- lose 5 lbs. Strength 3 x week. More veggies. Read more. Find some new healthy meals to make.
    tjradd73(Tara)- lose -6.0llbs, follow my new workout plan every day, try 2 new recipes, <1400 cal avg/week, and <4 days over cals total.

• meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Ok well here's my "official" update... Time's still tight tonight but I'll see what I can fit in. Your goals are so inspiring! Welcome to all the new ladies and welcome back to all the returning challengers :bigsmile: So happy to see you all here ready to kick *kitten*! I'm definitely going to need all your help to keep this thread going this month, since I am totally swamped with life. So please keep it up! I know we can keep this thing moving - It's really worth it! :glasses:

Here are my May goals...
    meagalayne - get back into my maintenance range and stay there, log food no more than 5 days/week, complete weeks 2 and 3 of the push-up challenge, make it to 4 spin classes, increase H2O consumption, and find ways make each day great!

I weighed-in in last Friday 1.1lbs under my maintenance range, which is a success in my opinion since I had been down about 2.5lbs from my range the week before. I am definitely struggling with body image, and feeling really conflicted about weight vs. appearance, and how it's possible to look emaciated and flabby at the same time (yea, I know, I'm hard on myself - live with it!) but overall I think my weight is pretty stable - so NO weight goals this month!

I definitely logged a LOT less than anticipated. I even took a full week off. It resulted in a slight gain but I needed it. I'll continue to take my weekends off, and just "list" the foods I eat.

The push-up challenge sucks. I must have forgotten how much it sucks. I bailed on it - totally not a quitter but I definitely quit that garbage after week 2. Just not for me.

I think I made 3 spin classes, but with all the work nonsense, I'm calling that a win. I'm going to try and maintain a spin-class-schedule with work but we'll see how I can manage. Next week I've got a race mid-week so it could be tight. Only time will tell!

WTR water, see my push-up comments. I despise forced h20 consumption. Eff that. Never making it a goal again - I just can't do it! Summer will be much better - as the weather heats up I'll be drinking a LOT more. My new job should help too.

And lastly - Trying to make every day great and put myself first. That, unfortunately, includes cutting out my MFP time some days. I hope you ladies understand :flowerforyou: It's not personal! :tongue:

June goals:
    tjradd73(Tara)- lose -6.0llbs, follow my new workout plan every day, try 2 new recipes, <1400 cal avg/week, and <4 days over cals total.
    meagalayne- get settled into a fitness schedule that works with my new job and stay accountable, continue logging only 5 days/week, drink at least one cup of your coffee black every day (trying to cut back), make 3 spin classes, and make fitness social at least once a week (cycling, running, walking, something - not including baseball games on Wed night)

My biggest struggle is balancing my desire to train HARD and still spend time with my family/friends. I'm hoping that I can settle on some social fitness vs. hard training without feeling like I am really letting myself down. Once a week seems like a reasonable accommodation.
    Some of you who have been around for months and months may remember that I cut out sweetener entirely in March - Still haven't had a single instance of relapse (woot woot!) and now I am tackling the soy milk in my coffee too. Trying to get to a point where I can drink it black 100% of the time. We'll see how it goes - I still LOVE my soy! :heart:
    Lastly, I am going to try my best to continue experimenting with food when I can but this will have to be mostly on the weekends because I just don't have the time during the week... I really need to figure out some good, healthy, low-GI and unprocessed/clean lunch options OTHER than salad for work. Making my lunch at night is becoming a HUGE hassle because everything is a) the same and b) very labour intensive to make. If you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

OK I better get going. I hope you all are having a great start to June. I'll try to keep up, but I really won't be posting as many direct responses as I used to. Please know that I AM reading all your posts :flowerforyou: Keep it going, ladies!!
    :heart:
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Great goals for June Meag!! Us vets are trying to keep the list up to date as possible...so far so good!! Keep on kickin it girly!
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    just a quick post to say welcome to all the new members, and i'm looking forward to seeing how everyone does this month.. i know we'll all rock it!!
    Tara- i was at 149.0, which gave me a loss of 3.5 since my last WI... just hoping i can keep it below that number this time!

ugh i was so stressed out today between work nonsense and now dealing with grad school admissions BS that instead of emotionally eating, i emotionally struggled TO eat lol.. was a bit low in the cals today, but oh well.. just gotta get through my shift tonight and then hello vacay!!
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone! Welcome to all the newbies!

I weighed myself as a starting point for June and I was the same as last week ,thank god. Now if only I can get it lower by july haha.

Woke up this morning and did a 45 minute jog, only burned about 300 calories but since I am training in a zone 2 right now it is good for my endurance. It will be nice when I have much longer distances.

Have a great day peeps!
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    Good morning! And welcome, everyone -- new and returning!

June started off not-so-swell yesterday. I got up early in hopes of getting my run in before the heat, and it was miserable. I just simply couldn't run past 25 minutes. It was so hot (90 degrees at 9 am!) and humid and my route had absolutely no shade. So I need to figure something out in terms of how to get runs in when it's sweltering hot out there. No treadmills, though. My eating has been really good this week, though! I went to Atlanta with husband this past weekend and there was no stopping me... I ate anything and everything and didn't think twice about it. Luckily though, my weigh-ins haven't shown a gain this week.

I'm loving everyone's goals this month. They definitely give me some good ideas for coming months!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    June goals:
    meagalayne- get settled into a fitness schedule that works with my new job and stay accountable, continue logging only 5 days/week, drink at least one cup of your coffee black every day (trying to cut back), make 3 spin classes, and make fitness social at least once a week (cycling, running, walking, something - not including baseball games on Wed night)
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!!

Shannon- the heat can be a total killer on the workout. I'm sure it was just an off day and that you'll figure it out and be back to your 30+ min runs in no time!!

Aly- I can't remember if you decided to do the no scale challenge as well. Either way, now that your celebrations from getting engaged (YEAH!) have slowed down I am sure you will get everything worked out to perfection and drop some l-b's in no time!

Allie- I am glad you were able to avoid the stress eating. I have found myself having to give myself a little reminder that stress does not equal stuff your face. In fact I now would much rather go for a jog on the treadmill!!

AFM- did bootcamp this morning which was kind of tough seeing as how I really pushed my legs yesterday with the 3.62 miles. I am trying to remember if I ever ran that far when I was in high school and I don't think I did. Either way I am so proud of myself and can't wait to run again tomorrow. I'm not sure if it will be 3.62 again, but I feel a full on 5k coming :)
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hey everyone!

rest day today! had to improvise yesterday with my run as hubby was at a work meeting and i wasnt able to run outside! instead i jogged on the spot for 36 mins whilst catching up on telly! lol! was also using 3lbs weights! worked up a sweat and i have horrendous DOMS today! lol! but i was sooooo pleased! i jogged for 35 mins flat! no stopping! yay! will have to see if i can do that on the ground now! im going to do week 4 tomorrow. atm i can just about manage 2 days running, work is sooo busy as we have a project finally coming to an end. so life should get easier! being a full time working mummy is hard work at times! lack of sleep doesnt help when my little monster wakes up in the night lol! so having a much need rest day today!

oh small nsv- my pair of size 8 and 10 shorts (us 4 and 6) arrived today! so pleased with them as they fit! the 10s are a bit loose! lol! but im such a prude, ive not worn shorts before so feel a bit self conscious and not sure if i can carry them off!

oh and day 2 of no scale challenge done! yay!

hope everyone else is ok.
  • finncmh
    finncmh Posts: 290
    Options
    SUPER excited about everyones great attitudes for June! You ladies are all kicking major *kitten* already in my book :bigsmile:

keep up the great work!!!!

-Cait
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Mking- Sorry I am really bad at remembering names. At first I wasn't going to check the scale at all until the end of June. But since I feel like I can really get a hold of it this month I think I am going to keep checking weekly. It is only about 8 weeks until my race and then I can get into real weight loss mode, it is just tough with all the training I am doing.

I am starving today! It is the fiance's birthday today so we are going to go to a german restaurant. I think I am going to stick to the saurkraut dishes and only have 2 beers at dinner. I am glad i ran this morning so I can enjoy it. I also have a long swim tomorrow 1750 yards, so it should be ok. I hope everyone is having a good June so far!
  • kafoteh
    kafoteh Posts: 18
    Options
    Ladies!

I have a feeling June is going to be a good month! Looks like everyone is excited to jumpstart the summer. Since I've gotten my gym membership, I've gone ever day except for 2 days! Today, I went to the gym for my lunch break and I plan on returning after work since I'll be at a birthday celebration dinner and going away party. I'm also going to Bourbon St. this weekend, but vowing not to drink a Hand Grenade (the number 1 ingredient is High Fructose Corn Syrup...GROSS)

Have a great Thursday!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Hope you're all having a wonderful day! I've gotten 4.1 miles in so far for June (running) and I'm on track with eating clean. I feel confident that this will be a great month for ALL of us! :) Keep on rockin it! I'm here if anyone needs me!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Oh my word - Today has been CRAZY! Love to see all the action here but I just can't comment today. Hopefully Ill be able to sneak on tonight before bed, but I will definitely be posting tomorrow. Weigh-in tomorrow AM should be interesting. I've been feeling so down and out on myself regarding my body lately, I'm curious to see how much I've gained/maintained/lost.

Got in a run this AM bright and early before work. and it was pretty miserable. I used to love running in the mornings and I think I can get back into it, I just need to start getting a better night's sleep...

That's all for now. Heading out for the night to run errands, return a few items, and start to enjoy my summer hopefully. Talk to you ladies soon!