Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    JFT Saturday 8/08
    1. Stay under basic calories: Tai Chi; Strength; 10,000+ steps :)
    2. No late night snacking :)
    3. Sort out vases and ribbons for wedding flowers. :)
    4. Continue the quest for a dress :p
    5. Go with the flow :)

JFT Sunday 9/08
    1. Stay under basic calories :)
    2. Enjoy some family time with my daughters :sunglasses: my youngest called round mid morning and we went for a walk in the town park. After lunch I visited my elder daughter and grandsons. :sunglasses: I made my 10,000 steps today
    3. No late night snacking. :grin: [/quote]

Yesterday was a rest day. I have so much wedding stuff to do for my younger daughter this week. So,
    JFT Monday 10/08
    1. Stay focused, start working through To Do list
    2. Pre-plan menus; stick to plan; 30+ each Strength/Flexibility; 10,000+ steps
    3. No late night snacking
    4. Take Time-out to relax

It's great to see all the positive intentions, and new posters. I love this thread. It inspires me to stay focused.
    Choose your state of mind, then own it.

@feistyjojo Don't lose heart. Remember that this is a lifestyle change. You can do this. I believe in you. New day, new start.
    @vicky1947mfp How's it going, Vicky. Hope all is well.

• eileenmprice193
    eileenmprice193 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Walk on the treadmill for 40 min.
    Stay under calorie limit.
    No late night snacking.
  • cupc8k2
    cupc8k2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Such a nice surprised feeling to see that I actually DID the things on my list! I'm not really in the habit yet of writing down goals like this, and then being accountable for them. I know that checking in here, and knowing that I made this commitment, will become more automatic after a few weeks...in the meantime,
    just for today...
    I will do something kind for my body
    I will stay at my calorie limit
    I will do one thing good for my spirit
    I'll use the supports at hand
    And I will do 15 min of exercise
    And...I will do something of service for someone else,
    Namaste.
  • jenean52
    jenean52 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Monday, Monday
    JFT
    1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Drink 10 pints of water
    3. Ride bike for 20 min
    4. Work to enjoy by job
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 - thanks!! Things are going really well. We are cleaning out dads house that he lived in for 60 years. Big job to say the least.

I am keeping busy and staying within my calorie goal.

When is your daughters wedding? I know you are crazy busy too. But looks like you are sticking to your goals really well.
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    cupc8k2 wrote: »
    Such a nice surprised feeling to see that I actually DID the things on my list! I'm not really in the habit yet of writing down goals like this, and then being accountable for them. I know that checking in here, and knowing that I made this commitment, will become more automatic after a few weeks...in the meantime,
    just for today...
    I will do something kind for my body
    I will stay at my calorie limit
    I will do one thing good for my spirit
    I'll use the supports at hand
    And I will do 15 min of exercise
    And...I will do something of service for someone else,
    Namaste.

Such honorable goals. I need to think more along those lines too.

I guess right now my goal for others is to finish cleaning out my dads house that he was in for 60 years. The last 4 months have been consumed with caring for dad before his passing in July.

I will get there eventually.

Good luck with goals.
  • rockinrhonda11
    rockinrhonda11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Need the accountability!
    For today:
    tracking all food
    staying away from chocolate
    lots of little walks
    lots of herbal tea
    If I can do those things, it will have been a great day! going out of my mind with cravings...
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    Need the accountability!
    For today:
    tracking all food
    staying away from chocolate
    lots of little walks
    lots of herbal tea
    If I can do those things, it will have been a great day! going out of my mind with cravings...

Understand about the cravings. I am at maintenance but have not been satisfied with what I am eating. Right now I am craving sweets and just trying to conquer that craving. Any helpful suggestions?
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    For today, I will work out this morning for 40 minutes and walk for 45 later in the day.
    For today, I will stay under my calorie goal and won't indulge in any single food.
    For today, I will spend time getting organized so I can hit the ground running Monday morning

Worked out for 83 minutes including a 2.5 mile walk at for me, a new fast pace of 16:48 a mile.
    Was on track the majority of the day, fell off the wagon after dinner. 605 over my calorie goal.
    Walked into the office this morning with a solid to - do list and a head start on several projects.

For today I will work out for 45 minutes.
    For today I will stay under my calorie goal and won't over indulge in any single food (mean it this time.)
    For today I will remind myself of the reasons I want to be healthy and why I'm in this for the long haul.

• pkdel
    pkdel Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Today, I'm showing up. I haven't logged in to MFP since I don't know when. I have gained 10 MORE lbs since the last time. Lurking and logging.
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Like many of us, I seem to be struggling with motivation as well, and it's showing in lack of weight loss. So keeping it small JFT Monday
    1. Brush/floss after dinner
    2. 10,000 steps
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    pkdel wrote: »
    Today, I'm showing up. I haven't logged in to MFP since I don't know when. I have gained 10 MORE lbs since the last time. Lurking and logging.

You are back and that is the first step. Sending good vibes for success this time.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I just had a follow-up appointment with my Oncologist and got the "all clear". They changed my schedule to only coming every six months now, so that's exciting and scary at the same time!

So....JFT, I will:
    • Be grateful for another day, for still being in remission, and not sweat the small stuff
    • Log my food faithfully
    • Make healthy choices
    • Get in some sort of activity

Have a fantastic day everyone! :smiley:
  • lauraeedwards534
    lauraeedwards534 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi what a great thread . I'm Laura doing a low carb diet. Will post tomorrow with my JFT! Xx
  • michelle1173
    michelle1173 Posts: 158 Member
    Options

8/9
    1. Log calories (not completely)
    2. Be patient (somewhat... Pretty good)
    3. Drink a lot of water (yes)
    4. Try to accomplish one thing (need to think about this one since I ended up being out all day)

8/10
    1. Out of bed by 7:30 am (not quite)
    2. Post by 8:30 am (no)

8/10
    1. Log food
    2. According tasks I planned (food shopping and anything else I come up with)
    3. Try to sleep at midnight

8/11
    4. Out of bed by 8 am
    5. Post goals (no specific time today)
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »

So Monday's goal is:
    - choose to avoid binge/comfort eating even if I feel unwell/headachy/grumpy. It doesn't make me feel any better and quite frankly putting all that junk into my body isn't going to help me get well!

Achieved tho did eat some biscuits. Was within net calorie goal. Just.
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Tuesday's goals:
    - make good choices for lunch out with client
    - chose to eat healthily whatever mood I'm in
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

Sunday:
    1. 12,000 steps :smiley: 15,127
    2. finish housecleaning :)
    3. dance! :smiley: got in almost 5 hours of salsa and bachata!

Monday:
    1. 12,000 steps
    2. walk all the way to garden and back
    2. lift heavy things
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    just for today,
    i'm gonna put my bike carrier hitch on my truck, and get a good night's sleep. oh, and do my physical therapy stretches. i'm sooooooo tired of doing my physical therapy stretches.
  • cupc8k2
    cupc8k2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just had a follow-up appointment with my Oncologist and got the "all clear". They changed my schedule to only coming every six months now, so that's exciting and scary at the same time!

So....JFT, I will:
    • Be grateful for another day, for still being in remission, and not sweat the small stuff
    • Log my food faithfully
    • Make healthy choices
    • Get in some sort of activity

Have a fantastic day everyone! :smiley:

Congratulations! {{{hugs}}}