Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,085 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Micmaust wrote: »
    Hi Vicky,

My name is Michelle, and I would like to join your group. One day at a time is a brilliant way to deal with with weight management. I have a brain injury, and holding things like goals and plans in my mind is difficult. When I read your beginning posts on this thread, I realized I can do that! I do not have to think about next year or next week, just the present moment.
    My biggest challenge is being consistent with exercise. I am 57 years old and I can practically see and feel my muscles turning to fat. Okay, I exaggerated. But you get the picture. I should be doing the recommended amount of exercise for health at a minimum. One of the problems is me. I must have Lead in my *kitten*! :/
    Today I did not eat anything but coffee and water until 5:00 pm. I decided to go shopping early this afternoon, and it turned into a quest. I got some new bras that fit right. I was surprised at how hard it is to find 34DD. The last time I was measured that is what it was. I have been squishing them into a C cup for a long time. No wonder I hurt where the wires are. I found some very good deals. I saved more than I spent! I think shopping should be on the list of activities. Maybe I just haven't found it yet.
    I am sorry for your loss. I know who hard it is. When both my parents died of cancer within a year of each other, I was really a mess. But that waster thirty years ago, I think I am at peace. I hope you are too. My goal for today was to get some exercise and go shopping at the Kohl's sale. I achieved my goal for today. B)

Good news @micmaust. It is on the list of activities. Just select 'Walking, at a leisurely pace' and put in the time in minutes that you were shopping. (Hoping you are walking and not wheelchair bound). Good luck! :)

• TerriRichardson112
    edited August 2015
    Options
    JFT Tuesday 11/08
    1. Wash glass globes and polish. Prep Ribbons. :smiley: Did this, sorted them into colour themed boxes, and have covered with a dust sheet. All ready for next Monday am.
    2. Pre-plan today's menus; stick to plan; close the kitchen at 8pm :neutral: A forgotten supper invitation last night. We ate just before 8pm and I didn't nibble after 9pm. Too busy chatting.
    3. 30+ Cardio/Strength/Flexibility :) Exceeded goals. Trying to offset supper.
    4. Sew up hem on new trousers. :) Ready to wear. I bought these in June lol so about time.
    5. Meditate :) I did meditation during my Tai chi session for Flexiblity

JFT Wednesday 12/08
    1. Shop for groceries
    2. Pre-plan menus; stick to plan
    3. 10,000+ steps; Arms workout; Yoga
    4. Still looking for that elusive dress for next week :relaxed:

:star: Be gentle, kind and patient, to yourself as well as to others. :star:

• michelle1173
    michelle1173 Posts: 158 Member
    Options

1. Log calories
    2. Alternate working on computer and working away from the computer (no more than an 1 hour straight on the computer)
    3. Drink 8 classes of water
    4. Do some form of exercise
    5. Try to sleep by midnight

8/12
    6. Wake up in time for my appointment
    7. Post goals.

I completed all of my goals.
    8/12
    1. Log my calories
    2. Drink at least 8 glasses of water
    3. Not use computer too much (possible tendinitis)
    4. Try to sleep by 11 pm

8/13
    5. Get out of bed by 7 am
    6. Post goals in the am
  • jenean52
    jenean52 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day everyone.
    JFT
    the usual 1. Stay within my alloted calories
    2. Ride bike for 20 min
    3. Drink my water
    I need to be more mindful of each bite, not just eat the whole sandwich because that's what's on my plate. If I am not hungry anymore stop eating.
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

For today I will work out for 80 minutes
    For today I will stay under my calorie goal and won't over indulge in any single food
    For today I will remind myself of the reasons I want to be healthy and why I'm in this for the long haul
    For today I will reach out to my sister and insure she knows how much her love and support mean to me[/quote]

Great day yesterday. Well under calorie goal, passed up enchiladas at work for substantial salad and soup. Worked out for 81 minutes. 2.5M walk at a bit slower pace of 17:44 / mile but went with my lovely bride and enjoyed the time together.

Went through my 11 benefits of being healthy out loud, twice. Didn't connect with my sister, we'll roll that back into today.

For today, I will work out for 80 minutes.
    For today, will stay under my calorie goal and won't over indulge in any single food.
    For today, I will remind myself o the reasons I'm getting healthier.
    For today, I will reach out to my sister and insure she knows how much she means to me
  • BeccaKay96
    BeccaKay96 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday 8/12
    Eat a healthy dinner!
    I will eat only at or under my calorie goal!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    cupc8k2 wrote: »
    I just had a follow-up appointment with my Oncologist and got the "all clear". They changed my schedule to only coming every six months now, so that's exciting and scary at the same time!

So....JFT, I will:
    • Be grateful for another day, for still being in remission, and not sweat the small stuff
    • Log my food faithfully
    • Make healthy choices
    • Get in some sort of activity

Have a fantastic day everyone! :smiley:

Congratulations! {{{hugs}}}

Thank you! :smiley:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Thank you 68myra! It is HUGE! We are all so happy! I just wish I would have learned not to sweat the small stuff at a much younger age. :wink:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Happy Hump Day everyone! I sure do love this thread...even though most days I fail at my JFT goals. So....because of that, I'm going to make today's list shorter:

For today, I will log every bite
    For today, I will pack tomorrow's lunch, tonight
    For today, I will stop and smell the flowers...
  • Micmaust
    Micmaust Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I value my health and my body

Just for today I will grocery shop, buying whole foods as much as they are available and sticking to my list.

I eat healthy food only when I am hungry and stop when I am not.
    Take small bites and chew slowly to savor the flavor.

Just for today I will get on the elliptical machine for 30 minutes doing HIIT for at least 15 of those minutes.
    Just for today I will swim for 30 minutes doing HIIT for at least 10 of those minutes.
  • julialynnt
    julialynnt Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was good--I drank my 8 glasses of water. Success!

Today I want to commit to planning out my meals for next week! I might start Whole30 on Saturday, but I'm not sure... anyway, the thing I'm committing to is planning out my meals for next week.
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Wednesday's goals:
    - resolve stressful work issue
    - meditate
    - choose a positive mood and stay there with the help of music/meditation or whatever it takes so I can get through my work list and choose healthy food and portions

These will be major achievements. And I need some success right now!

I put forward a proposal to resolve work issue. Waiting to hear back so not done yet.
    Did meditate but a little half hearted.
    Did ok on positive mood and work. Ate healthy meals but binge on nutella so massively over on calories.
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Thursday's goals:
    - avoid any sugar/ chocolate/ ice cream/ cake etc
    - meditate and choose my mood
    - be brave for my root canal surgery at dentist tomorrow. Hopefully that will be an end to the recurring tooth infections and pain. Yuck!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    I just had a follow-up appointment with my Oncologist and got the "all clear". They changed my schedule to only coming every six months now, so that's exciting and scary at the same time!

So....JFT, I will:
    • Be grateful for another day, for still being in remission, and not sweat the small stuff
    • Log my food faithfully
    • Make healthy choices
    • Get in some sort of activity

Have a fantastic day everyone! :smiley:

SO HAPPY FOR YOU!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    So sorry that once again, I have been MIA! Summers are always so busy for me. Grandson and DIL were here to visit, then I went there to babysit the kids while my son and DIL went on a anniversary trip -- to the Bahamas! But I had such a wonderful time with those sweet little boys, and proud to say that I could keep up with them! Playing baseball, walking, playing tag, hide and seek, you name it, we did it. Yes, I was exhausted in the evenings, and I think I went to bed before 10 every nite! (I am usually a very late person!). But when little ones come to your room at 6:30 am, need to be awake!
    I had hoped I would lose weight, and I think I did lose a couple of pounds, but my weight was up when I went, so hard to say.
    But I need to get back to doing this one day at a time again!
    Its the end of the day almost today, so for the rest of the day, I will make healthy choices, and will try and get out for a walk or bike ride tonite.

Why is is SO easy for old habits to come back! But like so many, we just keep on trying, and try not to look at what the scale says! The fact that I can keep up with a 9 and 6 year old, and I am 64 -- I know I am doing some things right!
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    So sorry that once again, I have been MIA! Summers are always so busy for me. Grandson and DIL were here to visit, then I went there to babysit the kids while my son and DIL went on a anniversary trip -- to the Bahamas! But I had such a wonderful time with those sweet little boys, and proud to say that I could keep up with them! Playing baseball, walking, playing tag, hide and seek, you name it, we did it. Yes, I was exhausted in the evenings, and I think I went to bed before 10 every nite! (I am usually a very late person!). But when little ones come to your room at 6:30 am, need to be awake!
    I had hoped I would lose weight, and I think I did lose a couple of pounds, but my weight was up when I went, so hard to say.
    But I need to get back to doing this one day at a time again!
    Its the end of the day almost today, so for the rest of the day, I will make healthy choices, and will try and get out for a walk or bike ride tonite.

Why is is SO easy for old habits to come back! But like so many, we just keep on trying, and try not to look at what the scale says! The fact that I can keep up with a 9 and 6 year old, and I am 64 -- I know I am doing some things right!

<3
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options

JFT Wednesday 12/08
    1. Shop for groceries :)
    2. Pre-plan menus; stick to plan :)
    3. 10,000+ steps; Arms workout; Yoga :)
    4. Still looking for that elusive dress for next week :grin: I am wasting no more time on this as I already have the perfect outfit. Now I just need the accessories.

:star: Be gentle, kind and patient, to yourself as well as to others. :star:
    @joan6630 Lovely to have you back. Sounds like you had a great time with the youngsters. Old habits die hard, but we are strong and resilient, and will not give up our quest to create new healthy habits. Hang in there, my dear.

It is so uplifting to read all the posts and see how well everyone is doing. I sometimes think that we are too hard on ourselves. So,

JFT Thursday 13/08
    1. Celebrate how far I have come since the beginning of 2015.
    2. Focus on the positives in life.
    3. Pre-plan today's menus; stick to the plan.
    4. Continue with my exercise plan.
    5. Shop for hat and shoes.

Have a great day :heart:
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    WellingTX wrote: »

For today, I will work out for 80 minutes.
    For today, will stay under my calorie goal and won't over indulge in any single food.
    For today, I will remind myself o the reasons I'm getting healthier.
    For today, I will reach out to my sister and insure she knows how much she means to me
    [/quote]

Great day. Worked out for 83 minutes including a 2.5 mile walk at 17:07/mile pace. Have moved to pod casts during my walk versus music. Self improvement and business topics. Enjoying making the time even more productive.

Well under my calorie goal for the day. Went through my mantra on why I'm becoming healthier. Connected with my sister and thoroughly enjoyed the time together.

For today, I will stay under my calorie goal for the fourth day in a row and won't over indulge in any single food.
    For today, I will remind myself of the reasons I'm getting healthier. Have my annual physical today.
    For today, I will complete my beginning of the day work to - do list
    For today, I will start a list of things I'm grateful for in my life
  • K2KRAKY
    K2KRAKY Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new to this site. I really like the way it logs food and was able to connect with the Fitbit app. Everyone says My Fitness Pal is better to log my food so I thought I'd give it a try and I'm finding leaving it running in the background while at work helps to make me enter my foods. I like this page because you have very small daily goals rather than the big one I used to make and then fall off the wagon because getting there was very daunting. One question though - where do I find the yellow star to click on?
  • K2KRAKY
    K2KRAKY Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ok here goes. Starting out really slow until pain subsides a bit.
    1 - drink 6 glasses of water today
    1 - log all my food today
    1 - get Fitbit recharged for a fresh start with it tomorrow
    1 - take the dogs around an extra block tonight after golf :#