Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I am going to my high school reunion next month. We are weird and we are having a 33rd reunion because do not want to wait for 35. Anyway, our class president is a billionaire and he has hired Eddie Money to come play for us at our party! I am kinda excited about this.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    OMG @BKHamill she is gorgeous!!!! I just want to snuggle her!!
  • riderfangal
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I am going to my high school reunion next month. We are weird and we are having a 33rd reunion because do not want to wait for 35. Anyway, our class president is a billionaire and he has hired Eddie Money to come play for us at our party! I am kinda excited about this.

That is super cool!!!
  • bkhamill
    Options

I will snuggle her for you!
  • bkhamill
    Options

That is super cool!!!

He hired Loverboy to play for our 25th reunion.
  • riderfangal
    Options

That is super cool!!!

He hired Loverboy to play for our 25th reunion.

OMG (again) I was a huge Loverboy fan when I was teenager..off to download some now :)
  • Em_in_Training
    Em_in_Training Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The last two weeks I've visited Arby's every single day and ordered TWO chocolate turnovers. I only stopped because I finally plugged the numbers into the MFP and audibly GASPED at the results.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    For @KylerJaye and anyone else who could use a list of breakup songs:

Breakup Songs (My ipod play list)

I put these songs together for a friend. I think they cover a lot of the emotions of a breakup.

Jar of Hearts – Christina Perri

Don’t Know Why – Norah Jones

Nothing Compares 2 U – Sinead O’Connor

Landslide – Fleetwood Mac

Without You – Harry Nilsson

Hallelujah – Rufus Wainwright

The Tracks of my Tears – Smokey Robinson & The Miracles

I Try – Macy Gray

I’d Rather Go Blind – Rachel Crow

Since U Been Gone – Kelly Clarkson

Cry me a River – Justin Timberlake

Rumour Has It – Adele

Broken Promises For Broken Hearts – She Wants Revenge

Can Die No More – Lake of Tears

Never Gonna Happen – Lily Allen

Ever Fallen In Love – Buzzcocks

Tainted Love – Soft Cell

Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around – Stevie Nicks & Tom Petty

Harden My Heart – Quarterflash

I Will Survive - Cake

ETA - My personal favorites of this list I've bolded. I love She Wants Revenge (and have seen them). Lily Allen makes me smile. Hallelujah by Rufus Wainwright is achingly beautiful.

Have you heard Marilyn Manson's version of Tainted Love?! It is better than the original IMHO. If you haven't heard it, check it out.

<3 Hell to the yes! Love a bit of Manson <3

I also like his cover of Sweet Dreams. Not a huge fan, but I dig these two covers WAY more than the originals. Also, I like his cover of Personal Jesus.

Congratulations, you and @Lois_1989 have just become my two best friends! I love Marilyn Manson!

Ha ha WOO! I never had so many best friends, this place is amazing!

Loving all the songs!
  • riderfangal
    Options
    The last two weeks I've visited Arby's every single day and ordered TWO chocolate turnovers. I only stopped because I finally plugged the numbers into the MFP and audibly GASPED at the results.

Welcome and I hate when that happens!! :)
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    After posting my recipes, it appears I like Onions - A LOT! lol

They all sound amazing.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    Fun!
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    Yes to this.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I am going to one of those Japanese hibachi places where they cook in front of you for dinner. I'm sure I will be WAY over my calories for the day, but whatever. I will get double veggies and no rice, however, so I shouldn't be too much over my carb goal. I know I'll have wine though, but it's my cousin's birthday and there's 10 of us going so it should be fun! I've been killing myself in the gym lately, so I don't feel bad about it!

P.S....I deadlifted 115 pounds last night!! Only 20 more pounds to get to my body weight! I'm still at 85 on squats though...can't seem to increase those as quickly and it's pissing me off...

Edited because typing ain't easy...lol.

Wahoo!!! That is awesome. My squats are slower than my deadlifts too - but still way better than my overhead press :)
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    I am going to one of those Japanese hibachi places where they cook in front of you for dinner. I'm sure I will be WAY over my calories for the day, but whatever. I will get double veggies and no rice, however, so I shouldn't be too much over my carb goal. I know I'll have wine though, but it's my cousin's birthday and there's 10 of us going so it should be fun! I've been killing myself in the gym lately, so I don't feel bad about it!

P.S....I deadlifted 115 pounds last night!! Only 20 more pounds to get to my body weight! I'm still at 85 on squats though...can't seem to increase those as quickly and it's pissing me off...

I've always wanted to go to one of those places. Have you been before? How do you order the food? Do they just ask you right there what you want and then make it for you? Sorry for all the questions. :)

Good job on the lifting!
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    After posting my recipes, it appears I like Onions - A LOT! lol

Everything savory is better with onions (and garlic).
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    saraherren wrote: »
    Okay so for anyone who hasn't read my earlier posts, I haven't had a period in almost a year (September last year was my last one) and I have had a severe loss of appetite and literally never get hungry. I lost 80 pounds and reached my goal weight in January. But since then, it's been hard to increase my calorie intake (especially carbs) because I'm afraid of gaining all the weight back. I know I lost my menstrual cycle because I exercised a lot and didn't compensate with enough calories, but I slowed down on the exercise in November while keeping my calories the same with hopes that my period would return (obviously didn't).
    Anyway, for the past month I've been eating under 300 calories a day and I actually have to force myself to eat even that little. Yes, I know it's not healthy to be eating under 300 calories, but at least it's SOMETHING and not anything at all (even though I could easily go without eating for 1-2 days and still not get hungry). I went to my OB at the end of May and she tested my thyroid, sex hormones, etc. and everything came back normal except for my LH level, which was really low.
    I still didn't have an answer on what to do to get my period back, so I went to my family doctor last Monday and she took another blood sample to test my insulin, DHEA, estrogen, progesterone, and thyroid levels and ordered a pelvic ultrasound. The pelvis US showed a benign (thank God) subserosal uterine fibroid which she said is nothing to worry about. **UPDATE** I just got my blood test results for the hormones and they were all normal (thank God). I'm honestly shocked that my thyroid is normal. I have to go back on September 25 for a follow-up, but I asked her what I can do between now and then that could get me to start having a regular menstrual cycle again. She said to cut down my water intake (I drink 5 L a day) and increase my calorie intake to a healthy level again to around 1,500-1,800 a day. I feel like that's going to be hard because I don't eat fast food or drink Starbucks (which I did multiple times daily my entire life up until I graduated college in May of last year). I also only eat foods that are in the perimeter of the grocery store (so obviously no processed foods).

Milk and cottage cheese (full fat) are on the perimeter. Buy a protein shake mix - EAS Complete Nutrition is good and at Target - and drink that in your milk. Eat the cottage cheese with fruits and veggies. I have been where you are. I know you don't want to, but do it anyway. 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and one shake a day for a week or so and then two of each. As your appetite comes back, you can sub in chicken or whatever meat you like for a shake. Good luck. It is hard work.

I don't eat dairy products since they make me break out. Eating more is so much easier said than done. I eat 8 oz of meat every day (4 oz chicken and 4 oz extra lean ground turkey) and plenty of veggies of mainly leafy greens.

I don't eat dairy either. I sadly can't have eggs either. Can you have eggs and is there a form you like them?

My daughter and I found a vegan shake mix we like - Naturade All-In-One Nutritional shake. I have lots of food issues and this works for me (non GMO, Non Dairy, Gluten free, soy free and so on). If there is a food you have an intolerance, allergy, or aversion to but are interested in this let me know and I will read the label for you.

Hugs and I'm rooting for you.

I do like eggs, but I stopped since they made me super bloated :/. One protein powder that I like is the vegan Garden of Life raw protein powder, chocolate version. Have you ever tried that? I went through a vegan phase 2 years ago and really enjoyed that one. No allergies, but there are some foods that I don't eat since they don't agree with me or I just don't have a craving for them anymore (i.e. dairy and eggs).

Hugs!

Thank you. I don't crave a lot of foods anymore but I chime in the those who are concerned about your calorie intake. I'm not a vegetarian (was for a long time) but daughter just decided she wanted to be so for her sake I'm keeping our house veg for now. If son has serious complaints about it I'll work with it.

How about a homemade chicken tortilla soup? I start with a carcass and cook it with veggies to make a stock. (Sometimes I repeat to make a very rich stock, then I cook a chicken in the stock (throw a beef bone in too for extra richness). Strain the stock, shred the chicken and put the chicken and stock in a pot (I'll have to look it up to remember) add chopped bell pepper, chopped sweet pepper (anaheim?) and chop carrots, celery, onion, & garlic, add drained hominy (1 - 2 cans), salt, pepper to taste. Use homemade or premade (I live where I can get really good corn tortilla shells) and slice then spray with olive oil and toast. Serve the soup with a sprinkle of tortillas on top. Oh, I also chop up a bunch of cilantro right before serving. (Optional but I love it). I may have forgotten something but this will get you a rich, tasty, homemade soup.

@nonoelmo I'm stealing this... I LOVE soup. Especially homemade because I don't typically have to watch the sodium content as much as with prepackaged/processed stuff. :smiley:

@saraherren We are all rooting for you here. You've got this. 5 liters of water a day is pretty intense and probably why you definitely don't feel hungry. Maybe switch it out with something that has calories? Like a shake or some natural juice?

I eat some kind of soup every week day for lunch. I love soups/chili, I have 4 recipes I especially like and rotate through them and have the same soup all week usually then cook another and have it the next week.

Please share the soups!

Here is one: I will add the others when I have time to type them up

Chicken and Tortellini Soup

Ingredients:
    1 – 48 ounce carton of Low sodium chicken broth
    8 oz raw trimmed boneless chicken breast cut into small pieces
    1 – 9 oz (2 ½ cups) package of Buitoni Spinach Cheese Tortellini (from the fresh deli foods section)
    1 cup of diced carrots (or use the matchstick carrots you can get at the store)
    ¼ cup chopped onion
    2 cloves chopped garlic
    3 cups raw baby spinach ( I usually just add the whole small bag you can get at HEB)
    ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning ( I have also been adding some fresh basil from my garden this summer)
    1 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
    1 tsp cracked black pepper (or to taste)
    1 cup of water
    To Prepare: Pour broth and water in soup pot. Turn burner on high. Add in the chicken, onion, garlic, and carrots. Let boil for about 8 minutes, and then add the pasta and the spinach. Add in seasonings and boil about 8 more minutes and turn down to simmer for 10 minutes and it is ready to serve.

Recipe 2:

TURKEY CHILI

INGREDIENTS
    •1 lb. 85% lean ground turkey
    • 2- 14 oz. cans diced tomatoes (I prefer the fire roasted ones)
    • 14 oz. can kidney beans, rinsed, drained (I prefer pinto beans instead of these)
    • Jalapeño pepper, minced (if you like spicier food, add 2 or 3 of these)
    • ½ onion, finely chopped
    • 1 tsp garlic powder
    • ¼ tsp white pepper
    • 1 tbsp. chili powder
    • ½ tsp cumin
    • Non-stick cooking spray

DIRECTIONS
    Spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Over medium heat, brown turkey until done. Set aside. Spray a soup pot with nonstick spray. Add onion and sauté until transparent. Add cooked turkey and remaining ingredients. Simmer for 15 - 20 minutes

I love chili!

Recipe 3:

TACO SOUP

INGREDIENTS
    • 1 yellow onion, diced
    • 1 red bell pepper, diced
    • 1 lb. lean (97/3) ground beef (or a combination of ground beef and ground turkey breast)
    • 15 oz. can low sodium pinto beans, undrained
    • 15 oz. can low sodium corn, undrained
    • 15 oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes
    • 15 oz. can low sodium chicken broth
    • 1 pkg. reduced sodium taco seasoning
    • 1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing mix

Optional: Cilantro 1 or 2 tablespoons chopped.
    Garnish with Tortilla strips if desired.

Directions:
    Sauté yellow onion and red bell pepper in soup pot sprayed with pan spray. Set aside. Cook ground beef & drain. Add vegetables & meat into the soup pot. Add beans, corn, tomatoes, and chicken broth . Stir in taco seasoning and ranch mix.

I want to try this...
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »

I've always wanted to go to one of those places. Have you been before? How do you order the food? Do they just ask you right there what you want and then make it for you? Sorry for all the questions. :)

Good job on the lifting!

Yes, I've been a lot! You sit at the table and they take your orders and they cook on a big hibachi grill right in front of you. There's usually like 8 people at one table, so it's best with a bigger party. It's SO good, probably one of my most favorite things to eat!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    She's beautiful @bkhamill !
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    She really is precious @bkhamill !
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Same!!! <3