Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    ********************ETA: POSSIBLE TMI POST! BEWARE!*************************************************

My relief for tonight has called in sick. He's supposed to be here at 7am and he called in at 4am.

Apparently, he's claimed he got a bacterial infection from me.

Most of the day shift knows I have been taking an antibiotic for a bacterial infection but no one knows exactly what for. I only told them because the medication makes me nauseous, sometimes dizzy, etc and everyone was informed that the infection is NOT contagious. No one knows what the antibiotic is for except for the one other night shift person and of course SSP. The on staff nurse, Kim, also knows, but she saw me for my dizziness at work and answered my questions/concerns regarding side effects.

So, someone gets to tell "Mr. I-got-sick-from-PSO-968" that he somehow got Bacterial Vaginosis! :lol:

Bacterial Vaginosis:
    An inflammation of the vagina due to bacterial overgrowth.

HAHAHAHAHA! :lol:
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Well, RaelynnsDaddy is getting some extra brownie points this weekend! First he took me shopping for a new computer, and then surprised me with a night out including dinner at Longhorn (one of my FAVORITE places) and more shopping! This guy, I think I'm gonna keep him. Hell, I've had him for nearly 5 years now, I don't guess he's going anywhere anytime soon haha!

But, my tummy hates me now. I stuffed myself on half (ish) of a 10oz New York strip steak, grilled corn on the cob, a loaded baked potato, and half of an ultimate brownie sundae. I had to force myself to eat, but it was worth it!

And.....

I bought a hoodie yesterday at the bookstore, and bought a medium because I wanted a gray and pink, not gray and lime green one, and the biggest size in the gray/pink was a medium. I figured I'd lose enough to be able to squeeze into it once it starts getting colder, but I tried it on this morning, and IT FIT PERFECTLY! There was quite a lot of happy dancing in the mirror, not only for that, but because that means I'm going to have to do some more shopping soon! ;)

Yay!! For good shopping, good food and medium tops!!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @lilaclovebird That's hilarious!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @lilaclovebird That's hilarious!!

I agree that's hilarious!

One of the funniest call off stories I've read.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I confess I've been a bad auntie this weekend. Imstead of taking Charlie to the zoo or the farm or the park, outdoor places he can play, yesterday I took him to the soft play centre so he could run around, club and jump and slide, while I read my book and drank coffee. Today I've brought him to the leisure centre, so he can play in the play centre while I drink Starbucks and read my book. I'm telling myself he's having a brilliant time playing so assuage the guilt.

(I am watching him and checking on him, I'm not completely ignoring him!)

And we're going to have a nice lunch.

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I confess I've been a bad auntie this weekend. Imstead of taking Charlie to the zoo or the farm or the park, outdoor places he can play, yesterday I took him to the soft play centre so he could run around, club and jump and slide, while I read my book and drank coffee. Today I've brought him to the leisure centre, so he can play in the play centre while I drink Starbucks and read my book. I'm telling myself he's having a brilliant time playing so assuage the guilt.

If it SEEMS like he's having fun, he probably is. Kids don't really learn to fake stuff like that well until they are much older. Enjoy your bits of 'me time' while you can take 'em!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

You are not a bad Auntie at all!! He is just fine playing alone or with other kids at the center...it teaches him independence! I loved when we reached the stage where I didn't have to hover over my son or be with him every second and he could just play on his own...of course, like you said, watching and checking on him. Also, you spent A LOT of time preparing some super cool treats and whatnot for his party! That's a GREAT Auntie!! Do not for even a second think that you are being a bad Auntie or neglecting him!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    @pofoster21, your comment about the name Dave cracked me up! :) Too funny!

Well we have clearly identified that there are issues with (most) men named Dave, so....

In my family it was the name Timothy we had to avoid like the plague. Had a run of three of them. Two were awful and one not so bad.

My husband's name is Tim and he is a GREAT guy!! :)

But, my former room mate (before meeting my husband) was named Tim and let's just say he was an ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE human being. It's a very long story but our friendship/living together ended with a camera hidden in the bathroom, a gun, and a phone call to 911. Yup... :(

ETA: I can't believe I just shared that..

If it's any consolation, my marriage ended rather the same way, minus the hidden camera aspect. At least you didn't marry Roommate Tim.

And, for the record, my ex-husband was neither a Dave nor a Tim :p

Is there another name we need to avoid? Must be multiple incidents to count. A single incident could be an anomoly.

ETA sorry that happened to you...

David / Dave seem pretty well covered but if you care to keep track I can add another "avoid" to your list.

Well we have dave and Tim now...but it's important to be fully informed and knowledgeable.

I really do hate to add Tim to the list because, like I said, that is my husband's name too...and he most certainly is not a bad guy! :(

I guess I should stop talking about the ex-roommate because as I just typed that out, I remembered my dream from last night!! I was at a mall with friends and I looked over and saw him walking by. He was wearing a big sombrero, fake mustache, and outfit to match. I guess he worked at the Mexican restaurant in the mall and was out on his break. WTH? My brain is crazy!
    It definitely wasn't fun seeing him in my dream(nightmare?) ...but at least it wasn't too bad...other than just seeing his gross stupid face.

Oh dear. Ok well in spirit of your Tim and so you don't think of him we'll stick to the original theme of Dave. Tim shall be he who should not be named in the 'males to potentially be avoided' category.

Thanks! :)

And @ythannah, I'm sorry that you had to go through whatever it was exactly that happened! I know how hard it was for me with just a "friend/roommate" so I can imagine it was much harder to have it happen with someone you trust so much to be your husband! :( Hugs to you!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    ********************ETA: POSSIBLE TMI POST! BEWARE!*************************************************

My relief for tonight has called in sick. He's supposed to be here at 7am and he called in at 4am.

Most of the day shift knows I have been taking an antibiotic for a bacterial infection but no one knows exactly what for. I only told them because the medication makes me nauseous, sometimes dizzy, etc and everyone was informed that the infection is NOT contagious. No one knows what the antibiotic is for except for the one other night shift person and of course SSP. The on staff nurse, Kim, also knows, but she saw me for my dizziness at work and answered my questions/concerns regarding side effects.

So, someone gets to tell "Mr. I-got-sick-from-PSO-968" that he somehow got Bacterial Vaginosis! :lol:

Bacterial Vaginosis:

That is pretty great.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Well, RaelynnsDaddy is getting some extra brownie points this weekend! First he took me shopping for a new computer, and then surprised me with a night out including dinner at Longhorn (one of my FAVORITE places) and more shopping! This guy, I think I'm gonna keep him. Hell, I've had him for nearly 5 years now, I don't guess he's going anywhere anytime soon haha!

But, my tummy hates me now. I stuffed myself on half (ish) of a 10oz New York strip steak, grilled corn on the cob, a loaded baked potato, and half of an ultimate brownie sundae. I had to force myself to eat, but it was worth it!

And.....

I bought a hoodie yesterday at the bookstore, and bought a medium because I wanted a gray and pink, not gray and lime green one, and the biggest size in the gray/pink was a medium. I figured I'd lose enough to be able to squeeze into it once it starts getting colder, but I tried it on this morning, and IT FIT PERFECTLY! There was quite a lot of happy dancing in the mirror, not only for that, but because that means I'm going to have to do some more shopping soon! ;)

Yay!! For good shopping, good food and medium tops!!

This!
  • nonoelmo
    Options

You are not a bad Auntie at all!! He is just fine playing alone or with other kids at the center...it teaches him independence! I loved when we reached the stage where I didn't have to hover over my son or be with him every second and he could just play on his own...of course, like you said, watching and checking on him. Also, you spent A LOT of time preparing some super cool treats and whatnot for his party! That's a GREAT Auntie!! Do not for even a second think that you are being a bad Auntie or neglecting him!

I Second all of this.
  • kelly_c_77
    edited August 2015
    Options
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

He is probably having a blast and is grateful to have someone his own age to play with. ;)
  • Oberon21
    Options

Bacterial Vaginosis:

So who is going to call him out on it? :) I totally would.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

And.....

So you were the winner all around yesterday.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited August 2015
    Options

Bacterial Vaginosis:

This magenme laugh and think of my out on FMLA Fridays coworker. (and yes she was put again this past Friday; inwonder who will do her work when I am on jury duty starting the 26th.)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

This. Because if that makes a bad aunt, then I am the world's worst mom. I fully intended to take my family to Son #2's picnic tomorrow and leave them to eat and socialize while I walk in the woods.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I am going to runny 5k called the Rucksack Rush on October 10. It benefits families of deployed military, including a Christmas party for the kids. There's an option to run it carrying a 30lb Rucksack -- I may try it, I can hike 15 with that much. @pofoster - I blame you for running all over, every chance you get and making it sound fun.
  • Oberon21
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I am going to runny 5k called the Rucksack Rush on October 10. It benefits families of deployed military, including a Christmas party for the kids. There's an option to run it carrying a 30lb Rucksack -- I may try it, I can hike 15 with that much. @pofoster - I blame you for running all over, every chance you get and making it sound fun.

Well I don't run carrying 30 lbs so that is all on you. But good for you!