Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I have a rant today:

I am having a "I hate diabetes' day.....not that I ever love it, but today it is really upsetting me.

This morning I slept in, it was the first day I did not have to get up and make lunch for my son. I came online for a bit and then noticed it was getting late and I had to get to my PT appt. So, I just had some toast for breakfast, LIKE A NORMAL PERSON MIGHT. I got into the shower,, and was so dizzy I nearly fell over. I felt sick for a long while. When I got to the office, I check my blood sugar and it is literally three times what it should be.

Why? Not because I did not take my shot or because I ate too much sugar....but because I did not have enough protein to slow the speed of the carbs in the rye toast (which has a lower GI level, which is why I eat it instead of my beloved "Italian" bread).

I have been sick all day because of that one mistake. It is after 6pm and I have not even been able to eat anything yet and I never made it to the gym. Even though my blood sugar is normal now, the rush high and crash low has made me tired and sick. I have a headache and just want to go to bed....

But, I must go put in the laundry now, and clean the kitchen, and deliver packages for our meeting next week.....UGH
    Does this happen often? I knew that diabetes could be tough to control, but I didn't realise how finicky it could be. I'm really sorry you have to deal with this.

It does not happen often because I am on top of it. I actually am amazed by diabetics that can just do whatever and not worry about it...I am super on top of crap. I have had it 27+ years though, some have it and are just feeling high and sick all the time so they do not know what it feels like to feel good.

It is finicky...I have to make sure I have a good protein carb ratio, I have to make sure that I take my shot within a certain period of time before eating, depending on the reading....I have to test ten times a day to make sure I know what I am at....I have to make sure I am at 8 before exercise so I do not bottom out, I have to make sure I stop eating four hours before bed so I can have my last shot or I wake up high....it never ends!

I have to make sure I do not get too hot because long term diabetics have an impaired ability to sweat and cool their own bodies, I am not allowed to cut my own toe nails, I have to get it done every four weeks because I -might- cause an infection cutting too far down, or slightly sideways.....I take three medications that cause weight gain, and one of them is weight based, so the more I gain, the more I need, the more I take, the easier to gain....

Like I said in a earlier post, I have long term anemia caused by (they are assuming at this point), long term diabetes...I do not produce enough red blood cells, and it makes me out of breath and tired all the time....and sometimes dizzy....

I have a million and one appts every month, needing to get my feet checked, my eyes checked, my kidney checked, my heart checked, because everything is affected.

To give a good idea....insurance rates for a type one diabetic are in the same class as a cancer survivor (in remission) and someone HIV positive (not full blown AIDS).......a lot of people think you take your shots and it is not a big deal, but it is attacking me from the inside out constantly.....I have a few friends that have had diabetes for about half the time I have, and three of them have had heart attacks, and one just lost two toes (and nearly her foot), and is now going blind.

Sorry for the downer rant....I am a bit pissy about having it today.....
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Flashback to the topic of little dresses (I'm packing and planning clothes for my trip). Here is the most recent dress I picked up (mother's day gift to myself) and it is fairly typical of my "style" at home and on weekends. Comfy!! I'm planning to travel in it tomorrow. So far I've got four dresses, one pair of jeans and one pair of shorts packed. (And a rain coat in case it rains at the baseball game on Monday.)

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/charter-club-petite-mirrored-print-shift-dress?ID=2119309&pla_country=US&CAGPSPN=pla&CAWELAID=120156340001875893&catargetid=120156340001235625&cadevice=c&cm_mmc=Google_Womens_PLA-_-RTW+Womens_Women's+Dresses_Charter+Club-_-66679803181_-_-_mkwid_rEXzSnVS|dc_66679803181|-|rEXzSnVS

I adore that dress! I may have to find it and buy it. You have great taste.

• Italian_Buju
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    My confession is I have stretch marks literally ALL over my body. I have them on my boobs, stomach, thighs, and all over my back. Never pregnant, just formerly morbidly obese. I know stretch marks are normal but when they cover the majority of your body, it's a little overwhelming to accept that. I never took care of myself/my body as a teenager and unfortunately I can't do anything about the damage that has been done. What a great wish it would be to be able to go back in time and have a second chance with your body. I wish I knew then what I know now...but what can ya do? I am only 22 and I feel as if my body is just ruined. I don't feel comfortable in my own skin, it's honestly a very sad situation. You only get one body, and I messed mine up, there's no turning back really. As you can tell I have a lot of regrets. I also deal with loose skin but that's a whole other story on it's own. Hopefully at some point in my life I will feel better about my body and learn to accept it as who I am, but that hasn't happened yet.

Unfortunately, this is me as well. I do have some hope that the stretch marks will fade away and the skin will tighten up, because I'm only twenty. Twenty two isn't much older, so why give up hope? :)

SusieQ, I had no idea you were only 20!!! (Sorry if the 'only' sounds condescending, not intended. I am literally twice your age ;) ) Have you been married very long?

I guess she was from the 1994 in her handle...are you turning the big 2-1 this year?!

That I am, in October. Although it's not really a big thing for me, since 21 is usually only a big date because people are legal drinkers then. :) Although I DO become eligible to apply for a free government-issued piece of land, the right of every Omani citizen, when I turn 21. ;)

I assumed it was your birthdate as well but never thought much about how old that made you. How long have you been married? And is it normal for a Muslim woman to be married that young? And to something you said a long time ago (before I got so behind) you are very mature for your age. :)

Not necessarily Muslim women, but Arab women, yes. Early marriage is encouraged in Islam, since extramarital relationships are forbidden and it's pretty hard for most people to remain celibate for so many years after puberty. But the average age of marriage is different in each culture, and not necessarily dictated by religion.

A sad fact: The age of marriage is getting higher in the Arab world only because most young men can no longer afford to get married. Fathers are demanding crazy-high dowries (a girl is eligible for a dowry in Islam, and she is the one who's supposed to pick it and the money/gift is supposed to be hers alone, but some selfish families demand high dowries and then the father keeps it, saying that it's his payback for all the years of taking care of his daughter. Yes, seriously. -_-), along with demands of gold jewellery, a huge wedding, a new wardrobe... And all of it is supposed to come out of the young man's pockets. This is very contrary to Islam's teachings and makes me quite angry; most men have to take a loan just to get married!

My father demanded a 6000 ($16000) Omani rial dowry (meant to be mine, he wouldn't touch the money), because he didn't want to look bad by "giving his daughter away cheaply" <--- Another stupid cultural thing. But since Islamically the dowry is my choice... I took the 6000 for the sake of appearance to appease my dad, then secretly returned every penny of it to my husband after the wedding was over. I also had a super tiny wedding and insisted on paying for it myself, with any money I had left from my years of working (I had to stop due to my FND, but I've worked since I was 15). I also refused new clothing/jewellery/etc. I find it so stupid and wasteful.

I've been married for 1.5 years, as you'll see as you get further back into the thread. ;)

You're so good about sharing your culture. I just want to say thanks for that.

I'm just happy that people don't find me boring for always talking about both my culture and religion! ;) You're very welcome. :)

I love hearing about your culture!!
    Me too! Don't stop talking about it!

Same here! I have learned SO much from @Susieq_1994! Now I'm waiting for some of these topics to come up in conversations in real life and I can be all smug about my new-found knowledge! Then if anyone asks me how I know I can be all vague and mysterious and say "I know someone online. It's a secret, though."

lol! It actually makes me really sad to see that some people who actually live among Muslims know nothing about them, just because everyone is afraid to offend by asking questions! :-/ So I spread my information far and wide! ;)

As an example, I know a young Muslim girl living in the U.S. who plays softball, and one day she was performing her prayer in a corner of the field and her coach was all confused and kept asking if she was okay. She's been playing softball for years, but nobody on her team knows that Muslims pray?

Not that I think they're bigots or anything! I just think that the fear of offending people has reached a point where it's ridiculous--everyone wants to be so politically correct and not offend anyone or ask any questions that we're actually getting more and more ignorant about each other, which is only going to cause MORE problems down the road because nobody understands anyone else!

As you can see, since I'm always harping on about it... This topic is pretty close to my heart. ;) My form of dawah (literally means invitation; it means teaching others about Islam) is to spread information about how we (Muslims) live so others won't fear us or feel afraid to ask us things in case they offend us. :)

In my city there are very few Muslims. I know NONE personally, which is why I'm completely clueless but fascinated. And you are completely right: it's the fear of offending that keeps us from asking questions causes confusion and misunderstandings.

My step-daughter is married to a Mormon and I have several questions I'd like to ask him, but I don't out of fear of offending him. Hmmm.... perhaps this is something I need to work on.

In my experience, Mormons love to talk about their faith, they even stop by your house to tell you about it when they don't know you! I think you have a good chance of him being very open to discussing it with you. No offense to any Mormons here - every Mormon I personally know is extremely kind and nice to be around.
    They love it until you ask awkward questions, then you won't see them for dust. There are a lot of awkward questions to ask.

That's so true. I try to always be the one to answer the door when they come, because even though I'm not interested, I am nice about it. I don't love it, but I understand that is what their religion tells them to do. My husband is not so nice in that situation. Luckily the ones I see usually come in the middle of the day. I wish the people leaving anonymous Chick tracts on my porch would knock though. I'd love to ask them a thing or two.
    What is this?
    Short Evangelical comics made by a guy named Jack Chick.

i-dd55f012113fb7c28a2312d25d277a8d-chick2.jpg
    Bigoted but also unintentionally hilarious.

Wow
    I have never seen that before....dumb
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    My confession is I have stretch marks literally ALL over my body. I have them on my boobs, stomach, thighs, and all over my back. Never pregnant, just formerly morbidly obese. I know stretch marks are normal but when they cover the majority of your body, it's a little overwhelming to accept that. I never took care of myself/my body as a teenager and unfortunately I can't do anything about the damage that has been done. What a great wish it would be to be able to go back in time and have a second chance with your body. I wish I knew then what I know now...but what can ya do? I am only 22 and I feel as if my body is just ruined. I don't feel comfortable in my own skin, it's honestly a very sad situation. You only get one body, and I messed mine up, there's no turning back really. As you can tell I have a lot of regrets. I also deal with loose skin but that's a whole other story on it's own. Hopefully at some point in my life I will feel better about my body and learn to accept it as who I am, but that hasn't happened yet.

Unfortunately, this is me as well. I do have some hope that the stretch marks will fade away and the skin will tighten up, because I'm only twenty. Twenty two isn't much older, so why give up hope? :)

SusieQ, I had no idea you were only 20!!! (Sorry if the 'only' sounds condescending, not intended. I am literally twice your age ;) ) Have you been married very long?

I guess she was from the 1994 in her handle...are you turning the big 2-1 this year?!

That I am, in October. Although it's not really a big thing for me, since 21 is usually only a big date because people are legal drinkers then. :) Although I DO become eligible to apply for a free government-issued piece of land, the right of every Omani citizen, when I turn 21. ;)

I assumed it was your birthdate as well but never thought much about how old that made you. How long have you been married? And is it normal for a Muslim woman to be married that young? And to something you said a long time ago (before I got so behind) you are very mature for your age. :)

Not necessarily Muslim women, but Arab women, yes. Early marriage is encouraged in Islam, since extramarital relationships are forbidden and it's pretty hard for most people to remain celibate for so many years after puberty. But the average age of marriage is different in each culture, and not necessarily dictated by religion.

A sad fact: The age of marriage is getting higher in the Arab world only because most young men can no longer afford to get married. Fathers are demanding crazy-high dowries (a girl is eligible for a dowry in Islam, and she is the one who's supposed to pick it and the money/gift is supposed to be hers alone, but some selfish families demand high dowries and then the father keeps it, saying that it's his payback for all the years of taking care of his daughter. Yes, seriously. -_-), along with demands of gold jewellery, a huge wedding, a new wardrobe... And all of it is supposed to come out of the young man's pockets. This is very contrary to Islam's teachings and makes me quite angry; most men have to take a loan just to get married!

My father demanded a 6000 ($16000) Omani rial dowry (meant to be mine, he wouldn't touch the money), because he didn't want to look bad by "giving his daughter away cheaply" <--- Another stupid cultural thing. But since Islamically the dowry is my choice... I took the 6000 for the sake of appearance to appease my dad, then secretly returned every penny of it to my husband after the wedding was over. I also had a super tiny wedding and insisted on paying for it myself, with any money I had left from my years of working (I had to stop due to my FND, but I've worked since I was 15). I also refused new clothing/jewellery/etc. I find it so stupid and wasteful.

I've been married for 1.5 years, as you'll see as you get further back into the thread. ;)

I'm just happy that people don't find me boring for always talking about both my culture and religion! ;) You're very welcome. :)

Same here! I have learned SO much from @Susieq_1994! Now I'm waiting for some of these topics to come up in conversations in real life and I can be all smug about my new-found knowledge! Then if anyone asks me how I know I can be all vague and mysterious and say "I know someone online. It's a secret, though."
    Oh, I will say "My friend Susie."

I start to talk about you guys in real life then stop as I realize people will think I am nuts. Especially my best friend. I think she thinks I am crazy how involved I am with a bunch of people I have never met.

This is me too, lol.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options

lol! It actually makes me really sad to see that some people who actually live among Muslims know nothing about them, just because everyone is afraid to offend by asking questions! :-/ So I spread my information far and wide! ;)

As an example, I know a young Muslim girl living in the U.S. who plays softball, and one day she was performing her prayer in a corner of the field and her coach was all confused and kept asking if she was okay. She's been playing softball for years, but nobody on her team knows that Muslims pray?

Not that I think they're bigots or anything! I just think that the fear of offending people has reached a point where it's ridiculous--everyone wants to be so politically correct and not offend anyone or ask any questions that we're actually getting more and more ignorant about each other, which is only going to cause MORE problems down the road because nobody understands anyone else!

As you can see, since I'm always harping on about it... This topic is pretty close to my heart. ;) My form of dawah (literally means invitation; it means teaching others about Islam) is to spread information about how we (Muslims) live so others won't fear us or feel afraid to ask us things in case they offend us. :)

In my city there are very few Muslims. I know NONE personally, which is why I'm completely clueless but fascinated. And you are completely right: it's the fear of offending that keeps us from asking questions causes confusion and misunderstandings.

My step-daughter is married to a Mormon and I have several questions I'd like to ask him, but I don't out of fear of offending him. Hmmm.... perhaps this is something I need to work on.

In my experience, Mormons love to talk about their faith, they even stop by your house to tell you about it when they don't know you! I think you have a good chance of him being very open to discussing it with you. No offense to any Mormons here - every Mormon I personally know is extremely kind and nice to be around.
    They love it until you ask awkward questions, then you won't see them for dust. There are a lot of awkward questions to ask.

That's so true. I try to always be the one to answer the door when they come, because even though I'm not interested, I am nice about it. I don't love it, but I understand that is what their religion tells them to do. My husband is not so nice in that situation. Luckily the ones I see usually come in the middle of the day. I wish the people leaving anonymous Chick tracts on my porch would knock though. I'd love to ask them a thing or two.
    What is this?
    Short Evangelical comics made by a guy named Jack Chick.

i-dd55f012113fb7c28a2312d25d277a8d-chick2.jpg
    Bigoted but also unintentionally hilarious.

Wow
    I have never seen that before....dumb

... kind of funny though. My sister was given some similar comics one Halloween saying that Halloween was evil because it was Satan's birthday. It was hysterical. "Happy birthday Satan" is now our holiday greeting.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    newfutures wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I like being friends with the people from this thread.

Because I know nobody will put their judgy pants on when they see my diary. ;)

Have you guys seriously had people judge you about your diaries?

I don't recall ever having anyone judge anything I ate but I think I had someone question me about my sodium intake a few times.

The only time I would judge someone about their food diary or delete them would be from them eating under 1,000 calories everyday.

I would only give constructive criticism if someone asked for it & usually only looked at food diaries to see if I could get any new food ideas. Personally I found looking at food diaries to be tedious.
    No, I haven't, and I'd probably un-friend anyone who did. I rarely have time (or interest, to be honest) to look at anyone else's diary, and I'd find it disconcerting if someone started giving me a hard time about my butter consumption.

Mmmm, butter.

I only look at my friend's food diaries if a) I have the time, b) there were a lot of comments made about it, c) to see if they had Dr. Pepper and still managed to stay under their goal, d) curiosity, e) new food ideas, or f) boredom and waiting for this thread to catch up. :smile:

I love dr. pepper. today I made my whole days plan around a bottle of dr. pepper. totally made it work! and had room for a monster pop :)

If I had a vice, Dr. Pepper would definitely be it. I've managed to go all week without it though so I'm pretty proud. Trying to prevent massive bloating before my vacation.
    Yah you! Way to go. (sending no bloat wishes your way)

No bloat wishes accepted. :smiley:

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Ok I caught up to what I missed when I was catching up. Not sure how long I can keep this up...I really need to focus on that darn dissertation!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Flashback to the topic of little dresses (I'm packing and planning clothes for my trip). Here is the most recent dress I picked up (mother's day gift to myself) and it is fairly typical of my "style" at home and on weekends. Comfy!! I'm planning to travel in it tomorrow. So far I've got four dresses, one pair of jeans and one pair of shorts packed. (And a rain coat in case it rains at the baseball game on Monday.)

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/charter-club-petite-mirrored-print-shift-dress?ID=2119309&amp;pla_country=US&amp;CAGPSPN=pla&amp;CAWELAID=120156340001875893&amp;catargetid=120156340001235625&amp;cadevice=c&amp;cm_mmc=Google_Womens_PLA-_-RTW+Womens_Women's+Dresses_Charter+Club-_-66679803181_-_-_mkwid_rEXzSnVS|dc_66679803181|-|rEXzSnVS

Well thank you and back at you. The dress you showed as getting I have a very similar one in black/white silk from WHBM but I can't find a picture of it to show. I usually get them on clearance for $8 - $15.
    ETA or I found and ebay store that has been good so far. (six dresses)

• MoHousdon
    Options

Oh, I will say "My friend Susie."

I start to talk about you guys in real life then stop as I realize people will think I am nuts. Especially my best friend. I think she thinks I am crazy how involved I am with a bunch of people I have never met.

This is me too, lol.

Me three. I often talk about you guys and just say people I know.

• nonoelmo
    Options
    I have a rant today:

I am having a "I hate diabetes' day.....not that I ever love it, but today it is really upsetting me.

This morning I slept in, it was the first day I did not have to get up and make lunch for my son. I came online for a bit and then noticed it was getting late and I had to get to my PT appt. So, I just had some toast for breakfast, LIKE A NORMAL PERSON MIGHT. I got into the shower,, and was so dizzy I nearly fell over. I felt sick for a long while. When I got to the office, I check my blood sugar and it is literally three times what it should be.

Why? Not because I did not take my shot or because I ate too much sugar....but because I did not have enough protein to slow the speed of the carbs in the rye toast (which has a lower GI level, which is why I eat it instead of my beloved "Italian" bread).

I have been sick all day because of that one mistake. It is after 6pm and I have not even been able to eat anything yet and I never made it to the gym. Even though my blood sugar is normal now, the rush high and crash low has made me tired and sick. I have a headache and just want to go to bed....

But, I must go put in the laundry now, and clean the kitchen, and deliver packages for our meeting next week.....UGH
    Does this happen often? I knew that diabetes could be tough to control, but I didn't realise how finicky it could be. I'm really sorry you have to deal with this.

It does not happen often because I am on top of it. I actually am amazed by diabetics that can just do whatever and not worry about it...I am super on top of crap. I have had it 27+ years though, some have it and are just feeling high and sick all the time so they do not know what it feels like to feel good.

It is finicky...I have to make sure I have a good protein carb ratio, I have to make sure that I take my shot within a certain period of time before eating, depending on the reading....I have to test ten times a day to make sure I know what I am at....I have to make sure I am at 8 before exercise so I do not bottom out, I have to make sure I stop eating four hours before bed so I can have my last shot or I wake up high....it never ends!

I have to make sure I do not get too hot because long term diabetics have an impaired ability to sweat and cool their own bodies, I am not allowed to cut my own toe nails, I have to get it done every four weeks because I -might- cause an infection cutting too far down, or slightly sideways.....I take three medications that cause weight gain, and one of them is weight based, so the more I gain, the more I need, the more I take, the easier to gain....

Like I said in a earlier post, I have long term anemia caused by (they are assuming at this point), long term diabetes...I do not produce enough red blood cells, and it makes me out of breath and tired all the time....and sometimes dizzy....

I have a million and one appts every month, needing to get my feet checked, my eyes checked, my kidney checked, my heart checked, because everything is affected.

To give a good idea....insurance rates for a type one diabetic are in the same class as a cancer survivor (in remission) and someone HIV positive (not full blown AIDS).......a lot of people think you take your shots and it is not a big deal, but it is attacking me from the inside out constantly.....I have a few friends that have had diabetes for about half the time I have, and three of them have had heart attacks, and one just lost two toes (and nearly her foot), and is now going blind.

Sorry for the downer rant....I am a bit pissy about having it today.....
    That is a lot to deal with and I wish you didn't have so much to keep track of daily. I hope you are feeling better very soon.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/charter-club-petite-mirrored-print-shift-dress?ID=2119309&amp;pla_country=US&amp;CAGPSPN=pla&amp;CAWELAID=120156340001875893&amp;catargetid=120156340001235625&amp;cadevice=c&amp;cm_mmc=Google_Womens_PLA-_-RTW+Womens_Women's+Dresses_Charter+Club-_-66679803181_-_-_mkwid_rEXzSnVS|dc_66679803181|-|rEXzSnVS

Well thank you and back at you. The dress you showed as getting I have a very similar one in black/white silk from WHBM but I can't find a picture of it to show. I usually get them on clearance for $8 - $15.

I LOVE the dresses at WHBM but I'm too cheap to buy them full-priced.

• RobertDupuy
    RobertDupuy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow, what happened to the juicy confessions? LOL....

I don't know what to confess. I'm pretty sure i only log weight losses not gains. So if there is a gap in my log, that's what happened....bumping up, going silent.

I mostly control my food nowadays, but I've had plenty of binges over the years.

In the past I would eat every snicker bar in the house, and then go to the store to get more to carefully replace the 'inventory' - I wasn't fooling anyone of course.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I totally ate 3 Chips Ahoy cookies while catching up on this thread. I made room for them today and was still almost 500 under my calorie goal for today. Yay me!

I appreciate all of you for the positive thoughts on my nasty bruise. I hope it is but a faint memory come next week. The doctor prescribed hydrocodone with acetaminophen for the pain and I admit, it does nothing but knock me out. I take it before I go to bed and have been sleeping like a tiny little baby.

I hope I'm present when we get to page 1000.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    mantium999 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Confession: I ate nearly 4000 calories yesterday. Mostly in bread and cookies. Ugh.

Anyhow, it's prayer time and the fast has started--I'm off to pray and then maybe get some sleep (I hope).

@ndj1979 True and true, but that's okay. We don't mind being wrong when it feels so right. :smiley: Although there are quite a lot of confessions in these 959 pages, if you care to browse for them.

eh - my confession - not sure how this would be helpful to newbies as it appears to be a collection of gifs, notes on tv series, and other things, while I am sure are fun to discuss, I fail to see their utility to someone new to weight loss.

I think it's here in the General section because a lot of people feel free to ask questions in here that often get blasted into dumpster fire threads under normal circumstances. A bit like the restaurant-related questions you mentioned in that post of yours... The forums are a scary place for newbies. The "No judgment" in the topic line seems to attract a lot of them, actually.

What you see right now isn't what the thread is like all the time--it's actually evolving constantly since it's so active. Since a lot of us have been here from the beginning, we do often just chit chat all together, but confessions and questions still pour in a lot.
    Agreed. And since this is a really supportive, safe zone, I honestly think a lot of people have been helped back from the verge of falling off the wagon by discussing their struggles here. Or had a helping hand back on when they have fallen. To be honest, I don't really care where this thread is, as long as it doesn't get nuked.

Same here, which is why I do kind of wonder why everyone jumps on the posters who dare to ask why it's in this particular section. Wouldn't it make more sense to explain all that before telling them to go away? :D

I don't understand why others are so offended by this thread? Apparently many more people than we knew or thought lurk and read every so often.

It's not that anyone is offended, the purpose of it is clear, and many like it. The issue many have is that it maintains a privileged status in a questionable location, when many more specific threads don't, and many posters who provide truly specific and valuable guidance receive "corrective action" because they are honest and don't sugar coat things. So, as much as "judgement free" can help some, many like myself, when starting, need a good kick in the *kitten*, but the "mean" threads that actually give sound advice get nuked, while the fluffy puppy thread that occasionally gets back to the discussion of General Diet and Weight Loss, ever so briefly, is given a superior ranking by those who get to make the decision.

Fluffy puppies are sacred to some of us! >:)

I'd add a cute gif if I wasn't using the touchpad on the laptop instead of the mouse... so I'm somewhat computer impaired atm.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Confession: I ate nearly 4000 calories yesterday. Mostly in bread and cookies. Ugh.

Anyhow, it's prayer time and the fast has started--I'm off to pray and then maybe get some sleep (I hope).

@ndj1979 True and true, but that's okay. We don't mind being wrong when it feels so right. :smiley: Although there are quite a lot of confessions in these 959 pages, if you care to browse for them.

eh - my confession - not sure how this would be helpful to newbies as it appears to be a collection of gifs, notes on tv series, and other things, while I am sure are fun to discuss, I fail to see their utility to someone new to weight loss.

I think it's here in the General section because a lot of people feel free to ask questions in here that often get blasted into dumpster fire threads under normal circumstances. A bit like the restaurant-related questions you mentioned in that post of yours... The forums are a scary place for newbies. The "No judgment" in the topic line seems to attract a lot of them, actually.

What you see right now isn't what the thread is like all the time--it's actually evolving constantly since it's so active. Since a lot of us have been here from the beginning, we do often just chit chat all together, but confessions and questions still pour in a lot.
    Agreed. And since this is a really supportive, safe zone, I honestly think a lot of people have been helped back from the verge of falling off the wagon by discussing their struggles here. Or had a helping hand back on when they have fallen. To be honest, I don't really care where this thread is, as long as it doesn't get nuked.

Same here, which is why I do kind of wonder why everyone jumps on the posters who dare to ask why it's in this particular section. Wouldn't it make more sense to explain all that before telling them to go away? :D

I don't understand why others are so offended by this thread? Apparently many more people than we knew or thought lurk and read every so often.

It's not that anyone is offended, the purpose of it is clear, and many like it. The issue many have is that it maintains a privileged status in a questionable location, when many more specific threads don't, and many posters who provide truly specific and valuable guidance receive "corrective action" because they are honest and don't sugar coat things. So, as much as "judgement free" can help some, many like myself, when starting, need a good kick in the *kitten*, but the "mean" threads that actually give sound advice get nuked, while the fluffy puppy thread that occasionally gets back to the discussion of General Diet and Weight Loss, ever so briefly, is given a superior ranking by those who get to make the decision.

I'd add a cute gif if I wasn't using the touchpad on the laptop instead of the mouse... so I'm somewhat computer impaired atm.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I can't see gifs or any image really on the Android app. :/
  • nonoelmo
    Options

I'm super cheap (or frugal) too!

I hope you get your ring!
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

I gotchu
    tumblr_m24lb9o0ag1r5g67po1_500.gif
    QJOvL3t.gif

• MoHousdon
    Options

I'm super cheap (or frugal) too!

I hope you get your ring!

Thanks! I'm not 100% that's what I want. I mean I DO want a new ring, I'm just not sure I do right now.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    I messaged her about making other arrangements for the cat if she's not going to be living with us. I'm not sure how she'll respond but it needed to be done. I'm going to take my meds and pass out now. Nighty night.