Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    thank you all for the thoughts, it's appreciated :)

i realized after three days of heavy sobbing, much grief bacon, and large quantities of alcohol, that me "taking a break" was really just giving me more time to focus on him, and my misery and disappointment. so i figured might as well try to chat with some ppls, and find a little distraction.

*post date update*

ok, went out with a dude last night.
    full disclosure, i'd already had a few beverages, so i walked (trying to be a more responsible person, kinda) to a nearby bar to say hello. now dude was the one that suggested meeting up for beverages. ok, i have no problem with that (obviously). but then he didn't actually drink. was fine serving them to me, but stuck with soda for himself. even my lil drunken brain tabbed that as slightly strange.

spent about two hours chatting, dude seemed nice, but a large chunk of his conversation had all to do with his "nylons and high heels" fetish. and how he likes to be "teased." i would like to think i'm pretty open minded, but dude, this is the first time i'm meeting you, chill. but of course me being me, i was like dude, that's fine and all but i'm a total jeans and tshirt kinda girl, you're in for a world of disappointment.

he then went on to let me know that that's totally ok, but he would just expect a few little things here and there for his enjoyment. yeah...

left the bar and walked him out to his truck, where he then tried to have sex with me.
    yeah, not so much. disengaged from the situation and despite the offer for a ride (pun not intended but it does work so well!) and a request to come back to my place, i declined and walked home.

bleh.

What a douche canoe.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    My Friday includes hitting my son's first scrimmage of his senior year. Love to watch him play football. He has been a football (American) player since he was five years old. I hope I don't cry this year.

I totally would, and will, when Payton reaches his senior year...
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Oh no! Did I miss it?!? Happy birthday, sweet little Charlie!!!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Confession: I judge on people who use the Smith machine. For those of you using it, ignore me. Any workout is better than no workout. But the squat rack will give you better "bang for your buck" than the Smith machine. You use more stabilizing muscles when squatting in the squat rack (read 'stronger core' here, and who doesn't want that?).

Well, Miss Judgy Pants, there is only 1 squat rack in my gym and it was being used last night. I actually prefer the rack over the machine anyway, because I DO feel like I'm doing more of the work, instead of the machine.

I will wait for the squat rack, and even ask the user when they are going to be done. Get out of my squat rack!!! :p

What do you do while you're waiting?

Sit and stare at them, to make them uncomfortable. LOL, JK!

I will do the other lifts in my program, if I don't think they're going to be long. If I get done with those and they are still in the squat rack, I then ask them how much longer they are going to be. They have ALWAYS left when I asked that so far.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

i realized after three days of heavy sobbing, much grief bacon, and large quantities of alcohol, that me "taking a break" was really just giving me more time to focus on him, and my misery and disappointment. so i figured might as well try to chat with some ppls, and find a little distraction.

*post date update*

full disclosure, i'd already had a few beverages, so i walked (trying to be a more responsible person, kinda) to a nearby bar to say hello. now dude was the one that suggested meeting up for beverages. ok, i have no problem with that (obviously). but then he didn't actually drink. was fine serving them to me, but stuck with soda for himself. even my lil drunken brain tabbed that as slightly strange.

spent about two hours chatting, dude seemed nice, but a large chunk of his conversation had all to do with his "nylons and high heels" fetish. and how he likes to be "teased." i would like to think i'm pretty open minded, but dude, this is the first time i'm meeting you, chill. but of course me being me, i was like dude, that's fine and all but i'm a total jeans and tshirt kinda girl, you're in for a world of disappointment.

he then went on to let me know that that's totally ok, but he would just expect a few little things here and there for his enjoyment. yeah...

left the bar and walked him out to his truck, where he then tried to have sex with me.
    yeah, not so much. disengaged from the situation and despite the offer for a ride (pun not intended but it does work so well!) and a request to come back to my place, i declined and walked home.

bleh.
    Ugh, seriously??? Sounds like you're hanging in there. Good for you.
    Time for this again:
    hjaq7ys9lh2t.jpg

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    @KylerJaye I hope you seriously kicked that frog to the curb and down the storm drain. Dude has no couth or respect for anyone but himself. Sorry you had to come in contact with that person. I hope copious amounts of antibacterial were used after you talked to him. Possibly even a shower.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    So there is a pretty major wildfire near my house. Luckily we have the river between our house and the fire. A coworker, however, had to evacuate yesterday and may lose his home. I've been thinking of, and praying for, him all day. His name is Dave, if anyone wants to chip in.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Went to see sister. She was up and about and looking completely normal. I thought she'd have a patch or something, but even her bad eye looks ok. I made her sit down and she promised she wasn't going to do anything more than get up to the bathroom for the rest of the day. She still has to have 2 weeks of complete rest and 6 weeks off work, but doesn't have to do the head forward thing (because of having oil rather than gel bubble), so that makes it a lot easier to deal with. She will have to have another surgery down the line to remove the oil, but she already has a bit of vision back that she'd lost, so that's encouraging, although she said it's quite blurry. I guess time will tell, but right now it's looking more encouraging.

Thanks for your continued support. It means a lot. xxxxxx

(Also, fun fact: she had this surgery done with local anesthetics etc, and she said she wasn't freaked out about that as she had her recent plastic surgeries (arm lift & tummy tuck) done with twilight sleep/spinal blocks!! Major surgery! EEEEeeep! I had no idea they did that.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    So there is a pretty major wildfire near my house. Luckily we have the river between our house and the fire. A coworker, however, had to evacuate yesterday and may lose his home. I've been thinking of, and praying for, him all day. His name is Dave, if anyone wants to chip in.
    Oh, that's awful. I really hope the fire moves away from the houses. :/
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

*post date update*

bleh.

What a douche canoe yacht.
    There. I fixed that for you. Using the term "canoe" is an insult to canoes everywhere.

Sorry your date didn't go well. Hey, at least you got free drinks, right?! I'm assuming he paid.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Confession: I judge on people who use the Smith machine. For those of you using it, ignore me. Any workout is better than no workout. But the squat rack will give you better "bang for your buck" than the Smith machine. You use more stabilizing muscles when squatting in the squat rack (read 'stronger core' here, and who doesn't want that?).

Well, Miss Judgy Pants, there is only 1 squat rack in my gym and it was being used last night. I actually prefer the rack over the machine anyway, because I DO feel like I'm doing more of the work, instead of the machine.

I will wait for the squat rack, and even ask the user when they are going to be done. Get out of my squat rack!!! :p

I will do the other lifts in my program, if I don't think they're going to be long. If I get done with those and they are still in the squat rack, I then ask them how much longer they are going to be. They have ALWAYS left when I asked that so far.

Yeah, but you're a cop and quite intimidating. I mean, didn't a guy ask if you were a power lifter? No one would EVER ask that of me.

Also, doesn't he (the SL French(?) dude) say not to do the lifts out of order?

• WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

Ooh, I was thinking about you this morning when I saw that the fire had grown. Glad you're safe and I'll send positive vibes to your co-worker.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

Yeah, but you're a cop and quite intimidating. I mean, didn't a guy ask if you were a power lifter? No one would EVER ask that of me.

Also, doesn't he (the SL French(?) dude) say not to do the lifts out of order?

I think he only says that because he thinks you won't return to your squats if you don't do them first. I love squats, so no worries that I won't do them :)
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options

Oh man, that's so scary. I will send good thoughts his way! My parents live in an area where wildfires are a real threat and they have had to evacuate in the past, too. It's so scary not knowing what might happen and praying the wind will work in the favor of the firefighters. (My dad was a wildland firefighter for years). Please keep us updated and know we're thinking of your friend!!
  • jthurman3
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Went to see sister. She was up and about and looking completely normal. I thought she'd have a patch or something, but even her bad eye looks ok. I made her sit down and she promised she wasn't going to do anything more than get up to the bathroom for the rest of the day. She still has to have 2 weeks of complete rest and 6 weeks off work, but doesn't have to do the head forward thing (because of having oil rather than gel bubble), so that makes it a lot easier to deal with. She will have to have another surgery down the line to remove the oil, but she already has a bit of vision back that she'd lost, so that's encouraging, although she said it's quite blurry. I guess time will tell, but right now it's looking more encouraging.

Thanks for your continued support. It means a lot. xxxxxx

(Also, fun fact: she had this surgery done with local anesthetics etc, and she said she wasn't freaked out about that as she had her recent plastic surgeries (arm lift & tummy tuck) done with twilight sleep/spinal blocks!! Major surgery! EEEEeeep! I had no idea they did that.

Oh that's wonderful news! I'm hoping she rests and heals up very quickly. Thank you for the update!!!
  • jthurman3
    Options

*post date update*

bleh.

What a douche canoe yacht.
    There. I fixed that for you. Using the term "canoe" is an insult to canoes everywhere.

Sorry your date didn't go well. Hey, at least you got free drinks, right?! I'm assuming he paid.

@KylerJaye What Mo said. Good grief. Also, glad you are back! We missed you and were thinking of you!!
  • jthurman3
    Options
    @crosbylee Ohhhhh a scrimmage of football tonight!! How fabulous! I would cry. I think it's ok. :smile: I hope your son plays well and is feeling good about it tonight!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

*post date update*

bleh.

:angry: What a sleaze ball! And why do so many guys seem to think that that type of conversation is appropriate for a first date?!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    @KylerJaye, glad you're back and happy to see that you're doing better, meeting new people, and moving on. But what in the world...what a loser this new dude was! Jeesh! Glad to hear that your "lil drunken brain" wasn't too drunk to pick up on his creepiness! Good luck on your next one...and as always, I'm looking forward to the next post date update!!!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

*post date update*

bleh.

:angry: What a sleaze ball! And why do so many guys seem to think that that type of conversation is appropriate for a first date?!
    FTFY.