Mom's and Dad's looking for support

Options

Replies

• MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ron. I know the feeling. My wife uses the coupons too, so t results in pizzas or other not so healthy choices. I have been eating those to much lately and it is starting to show. Sure my weight is still the same and my shirts are tighter in the shoulders and chest, but the buddah belly is starting to come back. Tine to regroup!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    How was your weekend?
    bvgoilu3oloq.jpg
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    What book are you reading right now?

WHAT? Why is Mike asking us about books?

Is your brain not a muscle? We get so focused on working our legs, arms, back, belly, and chest, that some times we forget the most important muscle of all. it is just as important to build and expand your mind as it is the rest of your body.

Personally, I don't read many books about sci fi or mysteries anymore. While I do enjoy them, they are not enhancing me right now, so I choose to read books that enlighten me. Right now, I am reading The Obstacle is the Way by Ryan Holiday. The last book I read was the Slight Edge by Jeff Olsen. Both great books and gives you a new perception on the way you tackle things in your daily life.

So again I ask, what are you reading right now?
  • granturismo
    granturismo Posts: 232 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    What book are you reading right now?

I'm just about to finish rereading the Game of Thrones series. I'm not sure what to read next, I bought some graphic novels for my son since Christmas - Charley's War - not reading as such but a blast from my past, some UK or Irish based older males might be familiar with it.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    @granturismo Right on. I hear the Mazerunners series is a good one. Just a suggestion. :smile:
  • MikePXstream
    edited August 2015
    Options
    6dmsgviju8j3.jpg
    The Perales Family did awesome this morning at the Peachy Cheeks 5k. All of us placed in the top three for our age groups. Johnny took 1st, Tasha and Kim took 2nd, and Tori and I took 3rd. So awesome!
  • ronronronj
    ronronronj Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Great run!

I have a couple of books to read, one a novel from the trip we took to France over a month ago that I still haven't finished, and some other book I got as a gift. Sometimes I think I read more effectively when I get books from the library, as I have a deadline to return it. Recently, I read a bio of Alexander Hamilton (by Ron Chernow) that was pretty good.

And yes, I have gone through the five novels in the Game of Thrones series. Haven't seen the TV series, though.
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Married...5 kids......life is a hoot!
    t1fm8wu7l6gs.jpg
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Married...5 kids......life is a hoot!
    t1fm8wu7l6gs.jpg
    Good looking family you got there!

• MikePXstream
    Options
    A little food prep. My lunch and dinner for the next couple of days. ;)

icvi527l50o8.jpg
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Well, after focusing on portion control for the past 3 days, I am down a pound already. :) And, I don't feel like I am starving or going to die from not enough food.
  • singingmommy25
    singingmommy25 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    3 kid of my own, 2 boys and a girl, ages 13, 9, and 6. I also have 650 other kids that I love dearly, because I'm a teacher in a parochial school. Before I started teaching full time, I was a private instructor, with plenty of time for exercise and healthy cooking. Now I feel like I have no time to think! We just started or new school year, and I'm determined to make this one a healthy one for me and the rest of my family!
  • healthyrachel1979
    healthyrachel1979 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Stay at home mom (also goes to school part time) of 2 boys. I love being home but struggle sometimes because I always worked, sometimes 2 jobs, and finding being home I just wanna snack and its hurt my confidence and motivation. Always looking for new fitness buddies!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    3 kid of my own, 2 boys and a girl, ages 13, 9, and 6. I also have 650 other kids that I love dearly, because I'm a teacher in a parochial school. Before I started teaching full time, I was a private instructor, with plenty of time for exercise and healthy cooking. Now I feel like I have no time to think! We just started or new school year, and I'm determined to make this one a healthy one for me and the rest of my family!
    Are kids are close in age. 2 girls and a boy, 13, 11, & 7. My wife is a school psychologist, so she gets to spend a lot of time with kids too!
    Stay at home mom (also goes to school part time) of 2 boys. I love being home but struggle sometimes because I always worked, sometimes 2 jobs, and finding being home I just wanna snack and its hurt my confidence and motivation. Always looking for new fitness buddies!

it's hard to be home at times when your used to working. I have mornings off now, and with the kids back in school, I have the entire house to myself. However, I still don't feel like I have enough time to get anything done. How is that? lol
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Tonights dinner. Spicy mango chicken, asparagus, and jasmine rice. Much better than the chinese and pizza that is staring me down at work this evening.

yi7vrlaxmssc.jpg
  • ronronronj
    ronronronj Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Our kids are 14 and 10. My wife is also musical (soprano). She has a few part time jobs but finds time to sing. She also has more will-power (a lot more than I do), but is supportive of me in my MFP goals.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Beautiful weather for a run this morning!

5fyzvn88hl3k.jpg
  • Sudbrook70
    Sudbrook70 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am a dad of 4 boys, 23, 19, 15 & 6 I don't get much free time and work shifts so find it hard to fit in exercise and eat healthy any advice would be grateful, need to shred a few stone and get myself fit again.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    I'm so glad it is Friday. This has been a long week. At least it feels like it anyway. I think all we have scheduled this weekend is running club, so it will be nice to relax. What do you have planned for the weekend?
This discussion has been closed.