Fast food?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    karyabc wrote: »
    Snack wrap grilled chicken ranch or no ranch, double cheese burger, cheese burger, oatmeal, egg white delight, chilli from wendy's love itttt, it is just one day, fast food ain't evil and one day don't think it would hurt your diet/health

Eat, enjoy, log, move on.

I might be wrong, but I think it's part of the issue here, lol.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    Wow. I'm shocked at how many people can't get anything from McDonald's. Nothing. Not a single thing on the menu can fit into your calorie goals.

Or is it just that you can't get what you used to get, before you became conscious of your calorie intake, and have therefore decided, "Well, I can't get a Big Mac and supersize fries, so I guess I can't get anything"?

Maybe really take a look at the nutrition info before you decide that there's NOTHING that you can have.

I am on 1430 calories a day and I have very little trouble fitting something from most fast food places into my calorie goal. I get fast food once a week and I'm doing just fine.

I can make it fit my calories. I just think it's a waste of taste and calories. And it doesn't get me far toward meeting my nutritional goals.

Yup, my grilled chicken blows McDonald's away. And costs less.

But if I were on a road trip with literally no options, I could make do.

• karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Snack wrap grilled chicken ranch or no ranch, double cheese burger, cheese burger, oatmeal, egg white delight, chilli from wendy's love itttt, it is just one day, fast food ain't evil and one day don't think it would hurt your diet/health

I got from op "everything looks so unhealthy" and "is anything good from mcdonalds?" , those are my options for her but hey just in case then just eat, log and move on ;)
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I just get the burger and remove the bun.
    I normally remove just the top bun when i have McDonalds Burgers (or any other Burger) as i think the Bread can be a bit "too much".
    I think the Quarterpounder w/cheese is their most decent Burger actually and it is pretty filling. I normally do have fries with it though.

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options

Totally agree. It so is.

Why eat McDonald's when you could eat better tasting food? Food made at home isn't just lower-cal and healthier. It tastes better, too.

I'm all for people eating at McDonald's if they want to, but enjoyment is, for many, a big part of the reason they don't eat McDonald's food.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »

Totally agree. It so is.

Why eat McDonald's when you could eat better tasting food? Food made at home isn't just lower-cal and healthier. It tastes better, too.

I'm all for people eating at McDonald's if they want to, but enjoyment is, for many, a big part of the reason they don't eat McDonald's food.

But as the OP said, she doesn't have many options except for fast food because of the trip she will be on. McDonalds isn't an issue for her any other time because she chooses to not go.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    because I like the way mcdonalds tastes. and Wendy's and popeyes and taco bell and dominos and qdoba
    I do plenty of cooking on my own but I like the taste of fast food too

and mcgriddles: happy syrupy bacon goodness
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    For me, the biggest issue with McD's & company isn't so much the calories as the salt - lots and lots of sodium in many of their choices (and really: Why?). Bloodwork-wise, sodium isn't my friend, so I have to be careful there. If it matters to the OP, check that sort of thing as well as the calorie count.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    because I like the way mcdonalds tastes. and Wendy's and popeyes and taco bell and dominos and qdoba

Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich w/ Cheese is amazing. I'll work that into my budget any time I have the chance!
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I'm a diabetic so when the train broke down so I ordered a double cheese burger, no bun. They served it in a salad bowl with knife and fork. But the food I eat at home is so much better that I always bring nuts, an orange or purchase a hard boiled egg instead and wait for my own YUMMY food. It costs half as many calories and dollars, and doesn't have "polysorbate 27" in it.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    A lot of fast food places now post their nutrition info either at the restaurant or online. So if you know you're going out to one, check it out first and plan your meal. It's pretty easy now to get your meal within your calorie limit for that meal. Granted, you don't want to do it all the time as it's not exactly healthy calories, but there's nothing wrong with it from time to time.

I don't do McDs because they don't have stuff I like anymore, but I do Whataburger from time to time and can fit their jr. burger meal into my calories for lunch without issue. Granted, when I did that all the time, my cholesterol was a bit too high, but calorie-wise I was fine.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    4 Meals.

It sounds like you have 3 options:
    1. Don't worry about it - it's only 4 meals.
    2. Eat at McDonald's or nearby fast food and choose lower cal items.
    3. Bring 4 meals worth of non-perishable foods (you mentioned Clif bars, but there are other options for diversity).

**You could choose more than 1 option - example: option 1 for 2 meals, option 2 for 1 meal, and option 3 for 1 meal; or any combination.
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I find it easier to fit in chain fast food because they tend to be much more standard in what they serve, compared to a diner, and they post their calories. While I agree that I wouldn't generally choose it because it's not something I crave, if I'm there because it's the only choice or other people want it, McDonald's has a lot of options that easily fit into any calorie goals.

I know some folks have had issues with the salads, but personally, the ones I've had were fresh and tasty (I also like the southwest salad with grilled chicken). Also, their ice cream cones are delicious and very "affordable" (both money and calories) when you have an ice cream craving, less than 200 calories!
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options

Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich w/ Cheese is amazing. I'll work that into my budget any time I have the chance!

Oh dear and sweet popeyes :'( I.effing. <3 . U
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options

Ditto!!!! That's one place I have to save up to go to, but it's so worth it!!!! Mmmmmm....
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    McDonald's is probably the easiest fast food establishment for me to work with, tbh. They're very clear with thier calories and nutritional information.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

Also, for what it's worth, since we're talking about nutrition, it's not like my chicken sandwich from Wendy's has no nutritional value. The way I get it (no mayo, add cheese), it has 550 calories with 35g of protein, 21g of fat, and 58g of carbs. The calories are high, but that's why I eat them on days when I've worked hard. To say you don't get any nutrients from fast food is to show a clear misunderstanding of how this all works.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Wow. I'm shocked at how many people can't get anything from McDonald's. Nothing. Not a single thing on the menu can fit into your calorie goals.

Or is it just that you can't get what you used to get, before you became conscious of your calorie intake, and have therefore decided, "Well, I can't get a Big Mac and supersize fries, so I guess I can't get anything"?

Maybe really take a look at the nutrition info before you decide that there's NOTHING that you can have.

I am on 1430 calories a day and I have very little trouble fitting something from most fast food places into my calorie goal. I get fast food once a week and I'm doing just fine.

I can make it fit my calories. I just think it's a waste of taste and calories. And it doesn't get me far toward meeting my nutritional goals.

Yup, my grilled chicken blows McDonald's away. And costs less.

But if I were on a road trip with literally no options, I could make do.
    Yup. I could make a steak burger from a quarter pounder.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Kalikel wrote: »

Totally agree. It so is.

But as the OP said, she doesn't have many options except for fast food because of the trip she will be on. McDonalds isn't an issue for her any other time because she chooses to not go.

True that.

Pack some food for the first day and the second if you can. Then, eat the McDonald's. If it's your only option, it's your only option! Review the nutrient info online, pick something and log it. :)