What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• JaeSky
    JaeSky Posts: 48 Member
    I actually completed the second run of week one 'couch to 5k' instead of putting it off 'til tomorrow...

I also stuck to my plan to start some simple yoga, and *almost* managed a push up :')
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited August 2015
    oosterman wrote: »
    Being able to lead by example for my kids instead of sitting on the sidelines..

Wish there was a like button for posts like this! :)
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Was feeling blah after work today and decided to go for a walk. Took the dog on a mile and a half walk in 93 degrees, got home, flopped in the couch and said, "That was fun!" And I meant it!

Couple of NSVs there. A month ago I would have used that blah feeling as an excuse to lie around after work and I never would have enjoyed a walk in the heat that much. Just in the past week I've started to understand just how good exercise makes me feel!
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Is it wrong that I love posting here to keep myself motivated?
  • tipti_mippy
    tipti_mippy Posts: 16 Member
    Way to go everybody! This topic is amazing and I love reading through all the great things we've accomplished!

I have a few of my own to add... :)

- kind of scale related... This is the least I've weighed since November 2012!!!

- someone noticed that I've lost today! I replied with "just a little bit!" (22 with 80 to go) and she said "not little, you more skinny!" (English is her third language :smile: )

- I went to a friend's wedding last week... In a form fitting dress and it looked good! My confidence is sky high! Even better... In my " what to wear" panic three weeks ago I bought three dresses.. Two of which I was more comfortable in than the one I ultimately wore... But they were at least two sizes too big by the night before the wedding!! The smile on my face when I returned them and had to tell the sales lady they were " much too big "... :blush:

Let's keep the NSVs coming! :smiley:
  • crystalcement
    crystalcement Posts: 9 Member
    I have lost 16lbs so I decided to treat myself to a new dress. I tried on my usual size 16 but it was WAY too big in the waist. I am used to having to tailor clothes for my small waist to large hip ratio but this was too much. I asked the sales person for a size 14 but they only had a size 12. I was super sad cause I knew I couldn't squeeze my large thighs in a size 12. But I thought I would try it anyway to see how much farther I have to go, and guess what....IT FIT PERFECTLY!!! I won't even have to tailor it and can wear it as is. Yay!!!

• MorbidCutie575
    MorbidCutie575 Posts: 24 Member
    It would have to be finally getting out of my pregnancy pants and being able to wear regular ones!
  • 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    @oosterman What a transformation. I had to sit on the sidelines when my children played on one if those gyms. So proud for you.
  • fitndfab
    fitndfab Posts: 24 Member
    -To feel more space around my waist when I move my arms.
    -To be able to sit more comfortably with my legs crossed.
  • carlyp79
    carlyp79 Posts: 95 Member
    There is an almost empty jar of Nutella in the pantry, and I have NOT ONCE sat down with it + a spoon. It has been used almost exclusively for sandwiches for the kids, and husband. I have licked a butterknife or 2, but it has lasted in the cupboard for aaaages!
  • AHatFullOfSky
    AHatFullOfSky Posts: 83 Member
    I hurt me ankles and heels a year ago and could hardly walk for half a year. But slowly ooooh so slowly they got better, the pain lessened and I was able to walk further and further. Then I got plantar facilitis (spelling?) on top of it all in my left foot, but with a cortison shot (don't know if it actually helped a lot..), it slowly got better too. From walking slooowly less than 2 km with pauses and stretching I now walk close to 9km with out pausing. Best of all I enjoy these walks, hardly think about the pain as it is minimal and I enjoy having sore legs after a particular brisk walk. I still have flareups, but they are rare and I'm much better at reading my body to prevent them. Patience is key and not pacing myself compared to everyone else but myself.
  • supersocks117
    supersocks117 Posts: 169 Member

I'm sure you love it, but I bet your kids love it just as much! Great job.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I misplaced my iPod at a conference and it took two days, multiple people to contact, causing a company wide disruption, to finally find it and it won't get to me until after I need it for a class I teach. And because of a situation out of my control, it's costing me $20 to send it to me instead of my being able to find it while I was still on site.

I didn't eat, I didn't go ballistic (well, maybe a little), I didn't lose two days of other activities.
  • catehealthyorbust
    catehealthyorbust Posts: 4 Member
    I normally work out when I wake up at 6. I was feeling particularly down today and just "didn't wanna" (excuse #1). It was raining (excuse #2). I couldn't get the TV to work properly to play my workout video (excuse #3). I found the workout on my phone, put on my big girl pants, and sweated it out. Months ago, I would have just gone back to bed. Go me! Unfortunately, I'm still feeling down though. Grrrr.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member

cujuhhkh78n1.jpeg

Best ever! Congratulations
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Umm... actually got up and did my 2 minute plank and most of my stretches this morning, despite getting up a little later than I intended, and even though various electronic gadgets did not work the way they are supposed to.
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Fitting into a size 18, when I stared 5 months ago I was a size 24/26
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    After 7 years of struggling with plantar fasciitis and recently a sprained ankle, made it through a whole dance weekend (hours of dancing plus a lot of walking), 48k steps over 2.5 days, and no pain at all!
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    A friend stopped by and said I looked great and that they noticed my loss. I visited an older relative (by marriage, I rent from her and she only accepts cash so I HAVE to visit once a month, lol) and for the 3rd time she's mentioned my loss and how she doesn't want me to get too skinny, look like a crack head, and "How much more weight are you going to lose?!" (because apparently being 5'7" and 248;bs, I'm rail thin to her) I smile exiting her house because I know I'm doing it right this time. All I could think was "Don't worry, I have a long way to go. Your comments are telling me I'm doing something right." I know that my weight reflects off of her own failures with being overweight as her tone is always laced with envy.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!