Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I could use some positive thoughts today. My mom's 10 year old Shih Tzu, Sadie, had to go in to the emergency vet on Saturday morning. They found she had an obstruction in her intestines. Yesterday afternoon they were able to get it out, but there was a lot of bleeding because it has cut up her insides. And of course now there is the risk of infection. My mom would only be allowed to take her home today if Sadie would eat. My mom went at noon, it's now 2:00 and she's still there :disappointed: I'm hoping she will be able to come home today, I know my mom will be devastated if Sadie doesn't make it.

Oh no! I'm so sorry. I'm sending good thoughts your way and Sadie's way. Your poor mom! I lost my sweet 1 1/2 year old cat earlier this year to an emergency type situation and I'm still mourning him. I hope Sadie gets well and is able to come home soon. Hugs!

May I ask what happened? That is so young!

He had a fully obstructed urethra and an ultrasound showed several other stones in his bladder (that were not the cause of the that specific blockage, but would definitely cause future painful, emergent blockages). The surgery to relieve the blockage wasn't actually sure to work....some cats reblock immediately. He was in such pain and would've had a life of frequent trips to the emergency vet for ICU treatment and multiple surgeries. So I made the heartbreaking decision to euthanize him. I still feel so bad for the whole thing... I loved him so, so much.

ETA: Ooops - I think @Italian_Buju was asking what happened with Sadie. Sorry for jumping in with my sad story!

Oh, no she probably meant you! I was reading quickly before the gym last night and just replied, but I was thinking "10's not really that young for a dog" lol.

Sorry about your kitty, it's never easy to lose them, especially when they're that young and it's unexpected.
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Like some of you, I have not felt especially chatty recently, feeling like I don't really have anything of value to share.

I will say this though, I think I might have some sort of anxiety disorder. I hadn't been to church for about 4 or 5 weeks, but finally went Sunday and I felt very nervous and uneasy the whole time. I purposely went late so I wouldn't have to talk to anyone and I sat by myself, as Mr. Mo and Rachael were teaching in the back. I've known most of these people for close to 5 years. Why do I still not feel comfortable around them?!

NSV:
    I dead lifted 105 lbs. last night, squatted 65 lbs. (didn't feel like hunting for the weights to do the suggested 60 lbs.), and OHP was 50. I still hate OHP and feel so incredibly weak barely being able to lift that stupid bar and 2.5 lb. weights on each side above my head.

I was really irritated at the gym last night because some jerk was hogging the power rack for like 25 minutes and everything else was being used too. I had to do my warm up squats on the stupid Smith machine. I told Mr. Mo last night, I can't sit in the gym waiting for people all the time. Something's going to have to change. I fear we may have to start lifting in the mornings, which means less sleep for me.

I was also irritated with Mr. Mo because he took some Aftershock last night after working out and was still wide awake at midnight eating pretzels in bed. I accused him of finding the loudest possible thing he could find to eat. I'm not nice when I'm tired.

I'm a complete jerk when I'm tired. We affectionately call my mood swing the "left turn to cranky."

I completely understand the anxiety thing, too. If I'm feeling guilty about something (like not attending a class or something I feel I should go to) I get super anxious about returning to the class or whatever. I'd rather hide away from other people's perceived or possible judgment about my absence, if that makes sense. I'm an introvert and if given a choice will most likely avoid large social gatherings, much preferring to read a book at home or whatever. When I indulge that inclination, though, and skip out on social things, I feel guilty. The guilt gives me anxiety. The anxiety makes me want to avoid social interaction with the people I skipped out on before. It's a vicious cycle that leads to me holing up at home. Heh

Hopefully, you and Mr. Mo can get a power rack for your home...then no more gym!

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Like some of you, I have not felt especially chatty recently, feeling like I don't really have anything of value to share.

I will say this though, I think I might have some sort of anxiety disorder. I hadn't been to church for about 4 or 5 weeks, but finally went Sunday and I felt very nervous and uneasy the whole time. I purposely went late so I wouldn't have to talk to anyone and I sat by myself, as Mr. Mo and Rachael were teaching in the back. I've known most of these people for close to 5 years. Why do I still not feel comfortable around them?!

NSV:
    I dead lifted 105 lbs. last night, squatted 65 lbs. (didn't feel like hunting for the weights to do the suggested 60 lbs.), and OHP was 50. I still hate OHP and feel so incredibly weak barely being able to lift that stupid bar and 2.5 lb. weights on each side above my head.

I was really irritated at the gym last night because some jerk was hogging the power rack for like 25 minutes and everything else was being used too. I had to do my warm up squats on the stupid Smith machine. I told Mr. Mo last night, I can't sit in the gym waiting for people all the time. Something's going to have to change. I fear we may have to start lifting in the mornings, which means less sleep for me.

I was also irritated with Mr. Mo because he took some Aftershock last night after working out and was still wide awake at midnight eating pretzels in bed. I accused him of finding the loudest possible thing he could find to eat. I'm not nice when I'm tired.

I think I do understand the social anxiety to a degree. I used to have a lot of girlfriends but lately, it seems like I have forgotten the lost art of girl talk. I blame my husband for that. (I have to blame someone >:) ) I have tried going to several churches in my area but never found one that felt like a good fit. I did find one I liked a lot but some of the office folk and the pastor, after talking to him personally, seems we had some personal differences, so that one was gone. I have a hard time feeling comfortable in a crowd like that.

On the weights we are very similar. Do not feel bad about the OHP. I failed on 50 this time. Our other weights are similar too. I just plan to do what I can do for now. Still waiting for the power rack delivery and I have to clear out the space for it. We have a dual stack machine thing now that we quit using. I like the free weights a lot more that the machine.

Tell Mr Mo, no after work out caffiene!!!! That would be good after a morning work out, but not at night!!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

NSV:

I'm a complete jerk when I'm tired. We affectionately call my mood swing the "left turn to cranky."

I completely understand the anxiety thing, too. If I'm feeling guilty about something (like not attending a class or something I feel I should go to) I get super anxious about returning to the class or whatever. I'd rather hide away from other people's perceived or possible judgment about my absence, if that makes sense. I'm an introvert and if given a choice will most likely avoid large social gatherings, much preferring to read a book at home or whatever. When I indulge that inclination, though, and skip out on social things, I feel guilty. The guilt gives me anxiety. The anxiety makes me want to avoid social interaction with the people I skipped out on before. It's a vicious cycle that leads to me holing up at home. Heh

Hopefully, you and Mr. Mo can get a power rack for your home...then no more gym!

I do exactly this as well - I skip going somewhere once and then I'm a complete weirdo about it after and will avoid returning.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

NSV:

I do exactly this as well - I skip going somewhere once and then I'm a complete weirdo about it after and will avoid returning.

I wonder why we're that way?!

I need this shirt.
    http://www.24tee.com/image/cache/data/images/Sorry. I'm Awkward. Sorry - Tee Shirt Anvil Softstyle-5-650x650.jpg

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

NSV:

I'm a complete jerk when I'm tired. We affectionately call my mood swing the "left turn to cranky." I completely understand the anxiety thing, too. If I'm feeling guilty about something (like not attending a class or something I feel I should go to) I get super anxious about returning to the class or whatever. I'd rather hide away from other people's perceived or possible judgment about my absence, if that makes sense. I'm an introvert and if given a choice will most likely avoid large social gatherings, much preferring to read a book at home or whatever. When I indulge that inclination, though, and skip out on social things, I feel guilty. The guilt gives me anxiety. The anxiety makes me want to avoid social interaction with the people I skipped out on before. It's a vicious cycle that leads to me holing up at home. Heh

I'm a jerk, too. That's kind of where my username comes from. LOL
  • jthurman3
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

NSV:

I wonder why we're that way?!

I need this shirt.
    http://www.24tee.com/image/cache/data/images/Sorry. I'm Awkward. Sorry - Tee Shirt Anvil Softstyle-5-650x650.jpg

I SO want that shirt!! It's totally me. Also Mr. Jenni would love it, too.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Ugh I weighed myself this morning. Why did I do that? I knew I wasn't going to like what I saw.

I'm nearly 20 weeks pregnant with a fairly obvious bump now. I know logically I should be putting on weight. And I think most of the weight I've put on is bump- and boob-centric. I just worry I'm putting on too much, too fast. At this rate I will be enormous by the time I give birth. And I don't know how to slow it down since I've not been eating for two. Sure, my diet has relaxed from when I was losing weight before, but it's not terrible. It's all very well the midwife saying just don't put on weight too fast, but I have no idea how to actually apply that in real life.

I'm finding it hard to adjust to my body changing so fast since I didn't have a bump at all 4 weeks ago, and now none of my clothes fit. Takes me 4 attempts to get dressed every morning as even the stuff that fits just irritates me. I'm waiting for this supposed 2nd trimester bloom to start...

I'm having a woe-is-me day. I'm happy to be pregnant really. Thanks for putting up with my rant!

It is frustrating and wonderful all at the same time. Hugs! There's a great site that I used for everything baby/kid related, babycenter, and pretty sure they have a uk version too.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    firstly, congrats to the NSV ladies!!! keep kickin butt!

and of course...

*post date update*

saturday evening.
    ok, so dude says he'll meet me at a local establishment (i'm going strong in keeping it in walking distance!), and it'll take him about 45 minutes to get there. ok, seeya soon!
    45 minutes comes and goes and dude is no where to be found.
    now he says his gps got him lost, making him almost a full half hour late. i'm thinking he just left his house later than he said and ended up late. six of one, half dozen of another....

dude says he's finally arrived, i walk over to the establishment, he's no where to be found. swell. send me a msg that he's at a different location and can't i just meet him there? umm...no. i gave him the directions to get from the place he's at to the originally agreed upon locale.

we go in, sit at the bar,i have a redds while he's sippin vodka crans after his original sweet tea vodka with iced tea order was denied (completely pointless detail, but i found it really amusing at the time).

so, sitting at the bar, the dude has basically no conversation skills. mind you i'm not the greatest conversationalist, but at least i try. so we're getting no where fast so i suggest we go play pool. and he says naw, i'm not really very good at it. seriously? so i say, well i'm not either, so we'll really get our monies worth with the length of the game. so at least at this point the random awkward silences are disguised.

dude was nice enough, but literally there was no chemistry what so ever. play two games of pool, have a few drinks, minor chit chat, it's gettin kinda late and he says he should probably get going so he doesn't fall asleep behind the wheel.

OK! BYE!

sigh...this blows...

Sorry it didn't go well! Are there better sites you could try? IDK, I'm just trying to be helpful! Don't give up! Hugs!

i don't really know?
    i'm currently on plenty of fish and okcupid.
    tinder terrifies me and i'd prefer not to be on a site that i have to pay for.

anyone? suggestions?
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

and of course...

*post date update*

saturday evening.
    ok, so dude says he'll meet me at a local establishment (i'm going strong in keeping it in walking distance!), and it'll take him about 45 minutes to get there. ok, seeya soon!
    now he says his gps got him lost, making him almost a full half hour late. i'm thinking he just left his house later than he said and ended up late. six of one, half dozen of another....

dude says he's finally arrived, i walk over to the establishment, he's no where to be found. swell. send me a msg that he's at a different location and can't i just meet him there? umm...no. i gave him the directions to get from the place he's at to the originally agreed upon locale.

we go in, sit at the bar,i have a redds while he's sippin vodka crans after his original sweet tea vodka with iced tea order was denied (completely pointless detail, but i found it really amusing at the time).

so, sitting at the bar, the dude has basically no conversation skills. mind you i'm not the greatest conversationalist, but at least i try. so we're getting no where fast so i suggest we go play pool. and he says naw, i'm not really very good at it. seriously? so i say, well i'm not either, so we'll really get our monies worth with the length of the game. so at least at this point the random awkward silences are disguised.

dude was nice enough, but literally there was no chemistry what so ever. play two games of pool, have a few drinks, minor chit chat, it's gettin kinda late and he says he should probably get going so he doesn't fall asleep behind the wheel.

OK! BYE!

sigh...this blows...

Sorry it didn't go well! Are there better sites you could try? IDK, I'm just trying to be helpful! Don't give up! Hugs!

i don't really know?

anyone? suggestions?

I'd stay clear of tinder if I were you. I think that's mainly for "hooking up" and one night stands, IIRC. Have you tried match.com? (I'm not sure if you have to pay to use that or not.)
  • crosbylee
    Options

and of course...

*post date update*

saturday evening.

OK! BYE!

sigh...this blows...

i don't really know?

anyone? suggestions?

I met my husband through Match. I paid for like a six month thing to see if it would even be worth it. Some toads there too, but some good ones too.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

and of course...

*post date update*

saturday evening.

OK! BYE!

sigh...this blows...

i don't really know?

anyone? suggestions?

I don't have personal experience but I do have several friends who've done quite a bit of online dating. In our area, Plenty of Fish has a...rougher...reputation, with a larger proportion of, um....less-educated types, to put it politely. Most people I know are less polite about it and call it pretty trashy, the place to meet guys with three baby-mamas who drive huge pickups they can't really afford and put half their paycheques up their noses, if I'm being blunt and uncharitable. Okcupid, from what I understand, tends to have a different demographic and is overall a lot better but can skew a little geeky, lol. Here, it seems to have quite a few smart but socially awkward and/or unstable people.

And Tinder seems to be pretty much for hookups, even if you're well past your early twenties.

I know one person who did the paid thing and tried EHarmony and Match. She said that EHarmony wasn't really what she was looking for (not a lot of younger men and those that were tended towards the conservative/religious, which she is not) but did okay with Match. I remember her saying that she didn't think it was worth the money and that a lot of the same guys were on Okcupid anyway, though.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    I could use some positive thoughts today. My mom's 10 year old Shih Tzu, Sadie, had to go in to the emergency vet on Saturday morning. They found she had an obstruction in her intestines. Yesterday afternoon they were able to get it out, but there was a lot of bleeding because it has cut up her insides. And of course now there is the risk of infection. My mom would only be allowed to take her home today if Sadie would eat. My mom went at noon, it's now 2:00 and she's still there :disappointed: I'm hoping she will be able to come home today, I know my mom will be devastated if Sadie doesn't make it.

Oh no! I'm so sorry. I'm sending good thoughts your way and Sadie's way. Your poor mom! I lost my sweet 1 1/2 year old cat earlier this year to an emergency type situation and I'm still mourning him. I hope Sadie gets well and is able to come home soon. Hugs!

May I ask what happened? That is so young!

He had a fully obstructed urethra and an ultrasound showed several other stones in his bladder (that were not the cause of the that specific blockage, but would definitely cause future painful, emergent blockages). The surgery to relieve the blockage wasn't actually sure to work....some cats reblock immediately. He was in such pain and would've had a life of frequent trips to the emergency vet for ICU treatment and multiple surgeries. So I made the heartbreaking decision to euthanize him. I still feel so bad for the whole thing... I loved him so, so much.

ETA: Ooops - I think @Italian_Buju was asking what happened with Sadie. Sorry for jumping in with my sad story!

YIKES> Hugs to you both!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

and of course...

*post date update*

saturday evening.

OK! BYE!

sigh...this blows...

i don't really know?

anyone? suggestions?

I'd stay clear of tinder if I were you. I think that's mainly for "hooking up" and one night stands, IIRC. Have you tried match.com? (I'm not sure if you have to pay to use that or not.)

Someone may have answered. You have to pay for Match. They usually offer a free week trial (read the fine print carefully). I have already described that I screen very carefully before each and every step but I met some wonderful, quality men on there who just were not the right ones for me. The ones I actually went out with were actually and actively looking for a relationship. These were established men with good solid careers who met me either for lunch or coffee (the only options I gave for a first date). There were also many other men who I simply just screened on past. I put my age group as 36-49 (pretty broad in my mind). I was contacted by age 18-86. Most of the men I went out were 38-46 years old (I was 42-43 at the time.)

That said, I at the same time was on OK Cupid for 10 days and that is where I met SO. He was also on EHarmony.
  • jthurman3
    Options
    @Tubbs216 How's your sister doing?
    @peleroja I hope your trek goes so well! You have trained very well for it and I can't wait to see the pics!
    @ShibaEars How's Sadie? been thinking of you and your mom today. I hope she's feeling better.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to pop on and say a quick hello. The wedding was beautiful and I had lots of fun. My SIL is a bit of a drama queen so she had to pull at least one stunt the day after but was to be expected. Crazy busy here at work so I haven't had a chance to read or respond but I am hoping to get around to it tonight.

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 How's your sister doing?
    peleroja I hope your trek goes so well! You have trained very well for it and I can't wait to see the pics!
    @ShibaEars How's Sadie? been thinking of you and your mom today. I hope she's feeling better.

Thanks for thinking of us! Sadie is at home, and last I heard she ate a bit this morning so that's a good sign, I think. She's on a few different medications and isn't completely out of the woods yet, but I'm hopeful she'll stay strong.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 How's your sister doing?
    peleroja I hope your trek goes so well! You have trained very well for it and I can't wait to see the pics!

Thanks for thinking of us! Sadie is at home, and last I heard she ate a bit this morning so that's a good sign, I think. She's on a few different medications and isn't completely out of the woods yet, but I'm hopeful she'll stay strong.

YAY! Fingers crossed that things keep getting better! :)

Welcome back, @riderfangal!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    So, I am not sure this is an NSV. Decided to dig some pants to wear today out of the dry cleaner bags in my closet and I went through 3 pairs of pants before I found a pair that 'sort of' fit. Rest were ridiculously huge. I am starting to wear skirts EVERY day as nothing fits me anymore. And I haunt Marshalls for pants that fit me but they haven't had anything good. I am sad to lose all these really nice pants. But they were folded and put in the 'to be donated' pile.

That's an awesome NSV @pofoster21! I hate when I go to TJ's & Marshall's & cannot find anything I like or what I do like is ridiculously expensive.

A town close by is supposed to be opening a TJMaxx on Sunday.

Find out when their delivery day is for the new stuff and come then. You will have better stuff to choose from and it all hasnt' been picked over like crazy. A girlfriend of mine who is a pro at shopping there knows the day the trucks come with the new merch and that's when she shops.

Now that is a savvy shopper.

The one thing I always look at first at those stores is their jeans. Sometimes I can find designer jeans relatively cheap. I was so mad the last time I went because they had a pair of J. Brand jeans for $15.00, & usually they can retail for around $200.00+ & they were too big.
  • crosbylee
    Options
    I didn't get to do SL tonight, but we unloaded the first of the new weights. All the plates, some dumbells, olympic dumbell bars, curl bar and stuff. It was heavy enough, plus we moved the other machine out of the garage. That had two 250lb weight stacks we had to move. Enough heavy stuff for me!! That counts.