Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Can I just say how awesome this thread has become?

Yes, it started out about trash bags, peanut butter, and hot chocolate powder, but it has evolved into a community within the MFP community where people actually CARE and SUPPORT one another through stupid decisions, horrible situations, and hilarious escapades.

You all rock. And if I wasn't super lazy, I would finally get around to friend requesting the rest of the regular posters.
    Super great.

You're all super great!

Agreed! You're all so incredibly wonderful. And now a certain poster who shall not be named, ( @quiksylver296 did you ever find out who this was) has stopped posting here, it truly IS a safe place.

I didn't, PM me please!

If I have this figured out... I would hint that she "danced" right out of here.

DING DING DING!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!! Your prize is free non-judged confessions for life...or as long as this thread is still alive. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Ok, now I'm confused. I totally thought it was bun lady. Help me out, @MoHousdon.

I am pretty sure it's the same one you are thinking of.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    And whichever one of you mentioned 6pm.com the other day is in trouble... I can't stop putting things in my online shopping cart!!

I can't remember who did originally because they said they by jeans there..maybe westcoastj? LOVE 6pm.com
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Geographical stereotype: All people who live in Connecticut are rich, go to private schools, and spend their summers hanging with Muffy and Biff down at the yacht club.

Nope. Not even close.

The part of CT where I'm from isn't Martha Stewart's CT. There's not much around here but rundown neighborhoods, bitter angry people, and liquor stores. But hey, it's home

BAHAHAHA I <3 this so much...because you're right and I feel bad but that's exactly what I think about when people say they're from Conneticut one word comes to mind: WASPS :p

What do people think when they hear Kansas? Wheat fields, flat land, and Dorothy? Maybe some parts of Kansas, but surely not mine.

Here's a view of my city.
    9g6ddyen73kp.jpg

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

Yes, it started out about trash bags, peanut butter, and hot chocolate powder, but it has evolved into a community within the MFP community where people actually CARE and SUPPORT one another through stupid decisions, horrible situations, and hilarious escapades.

You all rock. And if I wasn't super lazy, I would finally get around to friend requesting the rest of the regular posters.
    Super great.

You're all super great!

Agreed! You're all so incredibly wonderful. And now a certain poster who shall not be named, ( @quiksylver296 did you ever find out who this was) has stopped posting here, it truly IS a safe place.

I didn't, PM me please!

DING DING DING!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!! Your prize is free non-judged confessions for life...or as long as this thread is still alive. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Ok, now I'm confused. I totally thought it was bun lady. Help me out, @MoHousdon.

Definitely. One was profile picture. The other was occupation (hobby?).

I'd like to think we didn't have two memorable hostile people in here.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Confession: I ordered an awesome pair of purple sunglasses from Versace. They were back ordered and I was impatient and grumpy yesterday so I skipped the gym and went to Sunglass Hut and bought a pair of rose / wine colored Burberry's. Just got notice today the Versace's will be here tomorrow. Whoops. Total impulse buy, but I'm already feeling fabulous in the Burberry's. Can hardly wait to get the Versaces!

I just discovered how much I adore Burberry perfume. I'd love to see your sunglasses. Post a picture?

I don't know how! But, I think I can find a link. Let me look. Ah, these ones in this same color: http://us.burberry.com/oversize-square-frame-sunglasses-p39736581?search=true

But, they were on sale AND I had a $40 off coupon.

EEE I love them!!! You have great taste!

Thank you! I love them, too. These are the Versace that should be delivered today: http://www.smartbuyglasses.com/designer-sunglasses/Versace/Versace-VE4260-50648H-199004.html

SO cute! Seriously want these!
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    And whichever one of you mentioned 6pm.com the other day is in trouble... I can't stop putting things in my online shopping cart!!

I can't remember who did originally because they said they by jeans there..maybe westcoastj? LOVE 6pm.com

I have like $130 in there now (eek!), so I gotta whittle it down.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Confession: I ordered an awesome pair of purple sunglasses from Versace. They were back ordered and I was impatient and grumpy yesterday so I skipped the gym and went to Sunglass Hut and bought a pair of rose / wine colored Burberry's. Just got notice today the Versace's will be here tomorrow. Whoops. Total impulse buy, but I'm already feeling fabulous in the Burberry's. Can hardly wait to get the Versaces!

I just discovered how much I adore Burberry perfume. I'd love to see your sunglasses. Post a picture?

I don't know how! But, I think I can find a link. Let me look. Ah, these ones in this same color: http://us.burberry.com/oversize-square-frame-sunglasses-p39736581?search=true

But, they were on sale AND I had a $40 off coupon.

EEE I love them!!! You have great taste!

Thank you! I love them, too. These are the Versace that should be delivered today: http://www.smartbuyglasses.com/designer-sunglasses/Versace/Versace-VE4260-50648H-199004.html

Yep, love those too. I'd LOVE to see your collection!

• MoHousdon
    Options
    I have a big project I need to do today, but I'm so worried I'm going to miss page 1000, that I CAN'T STAY AWAY!!! I'm pathetic, I know, but I feel like I've missed all the other milestones, so I don't want to miss this huge one!

I think we're all waiting around for page 1000! That's why I'm here this morning! I don't even want to go to lunch! Pathetic right along with you!

Glad it's not just me.

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

Super great.

You're all super great!

I didn't, PM me please!

Ok! Thanks! Someone came into the thread later on with a Spanish version of the same profile name and I was more than a little worried.
  • CPickMuscles
    CPickMuscles Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't log the greens, tomatoes, cukes or carrots in my salads because it's healthy and shouldn't count against me, lol. I only log the high calorie items like avocado, nuts, hummus, tofu etc.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Geographical stereotype: All people who live in Connecticut are rich, go to private schools, and spend their summers hanging with Muffy and Biff down at the yacht club.

Nope. Not even close.

The part of CT where I'm from isn't Martha Stewart's CT. There's not much around here but rundown neighborhoods, bitter angry people, and liquor stores. But hey, it's home

BAHAHAHA I <3 this so much...because you're right and I feel bad but that's exactly what I think about when people say they're from Conneticut one word comes to mind: WASPS :p

What do people think when they hear Kansas? Wheat fields, flat land, and Dorothy? Maybe some parts of Kansas, but surely not mine.

Here's a view of my city.
    9g6ddyen73kp.jpg

Sam and Dean Winchester

• MoHousdon
    Options

Super great.

You're all super great!

I didn't, PM me please!

Ok! Thanks! Someone came into the thread later on with a Spanish version of the same profile name and I was more than a little worried.

Wasn't it always the same name?! Now I'm confused... :/

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    My confession is I have stretch marks literally ALL over my body. I have them on my boobs, stomach, thighs, and all over my back. Never pregnant, just formerly morbidly obese. I know stretch marks are normal but when they cover the majority of your body, it's a little overwhelming to accept that. I never took care of myself/my body as a teenager and unfortunately I can't do anything about the damage that has been done. What a great wish it would be to be able to go back in time and have a second chance with your body. I wish I knew then what I know now...but what can ya do? I am only 22 and I feel as if my body is just ruined. I don't feel comfortable in my own skin, it's honestly a very sad situation. You only get one body, and I messed mine up, there's no turning back really. As you can tell I have a lot of regrets. I also deal with loose skin but that's a whole other story on it's own. Hopefully at some point in my life I will feel better about my body and learn to accept it as who I am, but that hasn't happened yet.

Unfortunately, this is me as well. I do have some hope that the stretch marks will fade away and the skin will tighten up, because I'm only twenty. Twenty two isn't much older, so why give up hope? :)

SusieQ, I had no idea you were only 20!!! (Sorry if the 'only' sounds condescending, not intended. I am literally twice your age ;) ) Have you been married very long?

I guess she was from the 1994 in her handle...are you turning the big 2-1 this year?!

That I am, in October. Although it's not really a big thing for me, since 21 is usually only a big date because people are legal drinkers then. :) Although I DO become eligible to apply for a free government-issued piece of land, the right of every Omani citizen, when I turn 21. ;)

I assumed it was your birthdate as well but never thought much about how old that made you. How long have you been married? And is it normal for a Muslim woman to be married that young? And to something you said a long time ago (before I got so behind) you are very mature for your age. :)

Not necessarily Muslim women, but Arab women, yes. Early marriage is encouraged in Islam, since extramarital relationships are forbidden and it's pretty hard for most people to remain celibate for so many years after puberty. But the average age of marriage is different in each culture, and not necessarily dictated by religion.

A sad fact: The age of marriage is getting higher in the Arab world only because most young men can no longer afford to get married. Fathers are demanding crazy-high dowries (a girl is eligible for a dowry in Islam, and she is the one who's supposed to pick it and the money/gift is supposed to be hers alone, but some selfish families demand high dowries and then the father keeps it, saying that it's his payback for all the years of taking care of his daughter. Yes, seriously. -_-), along with demands of gold jewellery, a huge wedding, a new wardrobe... And all of it is supposed to come out of the young man's pockets. This is very contrary to Islam's teachings and makes me quite angry; most men have to take a loan just to get married!

My father demanded a 6000 ($16000) Omani rial dowry (meant to be mine, he wouldn't touch the money), because he didn't want to look bad by "giving his daughter away cheaply" <--- Another stupid cultural thing. But since Islamically the dowry is my choice... I took the 6000 for the sake of appearance to appease my dad, then secretly returned every penny of it to my husband after the wedding was over. I also had a super tiny wedding and insisted on paying for it myself, with any money I had left from my years of working (I had to stop due to my FND, but I've worked since I was 15). I also refused new clothing/jewellery/etc. I find it so stupid and wasteful.

I've been married for 1.5 years, as you'll see as you get further back into the thread. ;)

You're so good about sharing your culture. I just want to say thanks for that.

I'm just happy that people don't find me boring for always talking about both my culture and religion! ;) You're very welcome. :)

I love hearing about your culture!!
    Me too! Don't stop talking about it!

Same here! I have learned SO much from @Susieq_1994! Now I'm waiting for some of these topics to come up in conversations in real life and I can be all smug about my new-found knowledge! Then if anyone asks me how I know I can be all vague and mysterious and say "I know someone online. It's a secret, though."
    Oh, I will say "My friend Susie."

I start to talk about you guys in real life then stop as I realize people will think I am nuts. Especially my best friend. I think she thinks I am crazy how involved I am with a bunch of people I have never met.

This is me too, lol.

Me three. I often talk about you guys and just say people I know.

:) Add me to the list.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    festerw wrote: »
    Confession: If I sit down for a meal I will drink whatever is in front of me non stop until I get up. Doesn't matter what it is, coffee, water, iced tea, beer..... That was part of the reason I started losing weight fairly quickly when I stopped ordering calorie laden drinks when we went out, it was not uncommon for me to have 4+ of whatever drink in the hour or so we'd be at a restaurant. Now I usually stick with coffee or unsweetened iced tea.

Me too. When I was heavy, it would be beer, diet soda, Long Islands, coffee, Beam & diet...4 or 5 at a sitting.

Now I order the same thing at every restaurant - water with lime. No problem drinking 4 or 5 of those!

Were you able to walk out of the restaurant after?!? I love me a good Long Island, but after 2, I'm toast. :D

I'm 3+ years sober now, so I can joke about it...but in my prime, my booze tolerance was pretty ridiculous!

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I don't log the greens, tomatoes, cukes or carrots in my salads because it's healthy and shouldn't count against me, lol. I only log the high calorie items like avocado, nuts, hummus, tofu etc.

I'm not sure that would derail you much, if at all. Here's my salad from lunch yesterday. The veggies were 87 calories. Unless you are not losing weight...then it might be time to track them.

c7sdfkkd7o3s.png
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I had a big lunch yesterday. Too big. I actually skipped dinner to stay under, and just ate a popsicle and drank water. I didn't even feel hungry because of how much lunch I had. I am taking my youngest to a bday party this evening, so I'm going to be more careful today so I can have cake. Woo. Cake.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    When it finally comes time for a cheat meal... It some how magically turns into a cheat day... Then cheat week... And it only gets worse from there :/ Then after those awful cheat days, I decide I'll start again Monday. EVERY. DANG. TIME. Lol

I don't know if this is helpful or not (I'm still relatively new to this whole thing), but I don't do "cheat meals". If I am craving something, I just make sure it fits into my daily calorie allowance or I work out extra to make it fit. I don't view food as "good" or "bad" I just view as "good" or "gross". I hope you can get back on track. Good luck.

+1..me too! Definitely helped my "relationship" with food. If I want it, I make room for it, or balance out my calories the rest of the week!

I agree with this as well. A while back we got on the topic of Poptarts to the point that I had to go out and get some. I had one to get it out of my system. A month later i still have a few left.

I did that. i had to buy poptarts when i saw them because of this thread. I inhaled way too many and then threw the rest in a bin, just so I wouldn't eat them

I bought fudge ones, but I bought the cheap market basket brand. To my surprise they tasted a lot better. They were moist and chewy and yum. I am now afraid to buy anymore because they are the same amount of calories. :)

MARKET BASKET!! Where are you from? MA or NH? Or ME?
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    I messaged her about making other arrangements for the cat if she's not going to be living with us. I'm not sure how she'll respond but it needed to be done. I'm going to take my meds and pass out now. Nighty night.

Good for you!!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options

Super great.

You're all super great!

I didn't, PM me please!

Yep, that pretty much describes it.