Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Ugh I weighed myself this morning. Why did I do that? I knew I wasn't going to like what I saw.

I'm nearly 20 weeks pregnant with a fairly obvious bump now. I know logically I should be putting on weight. And I think most of the weight I've put on is bump- and boob-centric. I just worry I'm putting on too much, too fast. At this rate I will be enormous by the time I give birth. And I don't know how to slow it down since I've not been eating for two. Sure, my diet has relaxed from when I was losing weight before, but it's not terrible. It's all very well the midwife saying just don't put on weight too fast, but I have no idea how to actually apply that in real life.

I'm finding it hard to adjust to my body changing so fast since I didn't have a bump at all 4 weeks ago, and now none of my clothes fit. Takes me 4 attempts to get dressed every morning as even the stuff that fits just irritates me. I'm waiting for this supposed 2nd trimester bloom to start...

I'm having a woe-is-me day. I'm happy to be pregnant really. Thanks for putting up with my rant!

Not because you need it for the reason I did, but I was overweight when I got pregnant with my last child and had had gestational diabetes with #3. So from day one, I really watched my carbs and ate 2000 calories/day. I gained 20 lbs total, and he was 8 of them. That might help control the speed at which you put on weight. I do hope you start to feel better soon, with less wow is me days.

ETA: Why did my phone autocorrect w-o-e to w-o-w? Wow is me days would be good. Have lots of those!!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    OK so I am back from my mini Vacation (we didn't go anywhere; I just had doctor consults and didn't want to be at work for a few days). Trying to catch up with everyone but with 900 new posts...not sure how well I'll do.

Wed I had doctor consults for my surgeries all day and...discussed it with DH and I booked surgeries for 10/30! 2 surgeons estimated they'd remove about 8 lbs of skin, the 3rd and 4th ones said it'd be closer to 10 lb. Either way, in 10.5 weeks I'll be having surgery! Yippie! I'm a candidate for insurance covering some of it, but we're preparing like they won't cover anything, so we'll see... I'm getting a full abdominoplasty with an extended cut to grab skin from the sides and a fleur de lis (vertical) cut which grabs even more. Plus a breast reduction. I'll have extensive scarring but it'll fade and it's worth it.

All 4 docs said not to lose anymore weight, just maintain, because I'm actually on the "skinny side" underneath all the skin. That was weird but I guess it's to be expected. I see myself as lumpy and fat but it's almost all skin- I weighed in at 127 and 128 at 2 of the offices (the other 2 didn't weigh me). If they take 8 lb of skin that puts me at 119-120. I'm 5'4.5. So now I'm trying to figure out how to eat enough to maintain.

This is awesome. I hope everything goes well and that you are happy with how everything turns out.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    So, I am not sure this is an NSV. Decided to dig some pants to wear today out of the dry cleaner bags in my closet and I went through 3 pairs of pants before I found a pair that 'sort of' fit. Rest were ridiculously huge. I am starting to wear skirts EVERY day as nothing fits me anymore. And I haunt Marshalls for pants that fit me but they haven't had anything good. I am sad to lose all these really nice pants. But they were folded and put in the 'to be donated' pile.

That's an awesome NSV @pofoster21! I hate when I go to TJ's & Marshall's & cannot find anything I like or what I do like is ridiculously expensive.

A town close by is supposed to be opening a TJMaxx on Sunday.

Find out when their delivery day is for the new stuff and come then. You will have better stuff to choose from and it all hasnt' been picked over like crazy. A girlfriend of mine who is a pro at shopping there knows the day the trucks come with the new merch and that's when she shops.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I could use some positive thoughts today. My mom's 10 year old Shih Tzu, Sadie, had to go in to the emergency vet on Saturday morning. They found she had an obstruction in her intestines. Yesterday afternoon they were able to get it out, but there was a lot of bleeding because it has cut up her insides. And of course now there is the risk of infection. My mom would only be allowed to take her home today if Sadie would eat. My mom went at noon, it's now 2:00 and she's still there :disappointed: I'm hoping she will be able to come home today, I know my mom will be devastated if Sadie doesn't make it.

:( I really hope by the time I catch up that there is some good news. Holding positive thoughts for you all right now! HUGS
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    Ugh I weighed myself this morning. Why did I do that? I knew I wasn't going to like what I saw.

I'm nearly 20 weeks pregnant with a fairly obvious bump now. I know logically I should be putting on weight. And I think most of the weight I've put on is bump- and boob-centric. I just worry I'm putting on too much, too fast. At this rate I will be enormous by the time I give birth. And I don't know how to slow it down since I've not been eating for two. Sure, my diet has relaxed from when I was losing weight before, but it's not terrible. It's all very well the midwife saying just don't put on weight too fast, but I have no idea how to actually apply that in real life.

I'm finding it hard to adjust to my body changing so fast since I didn't have a bump at all 4 weeks ago, and now none of my clothes fit. Takes me 4 attempts to get dressed every morning as even the stuff that fits just irritates me. I'm waiting for this supposed 2nd trimester bloom to start...

I'm having a woe-is-me day. I'm happy to be pregnant really. Thanks for putting up with my rant!

Enjoy being pregnant, the good and the bad. You will look back and remember all of it. Find yourself some maternity pants, sounds like you need those now. They are not so irritating on the belly.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I consumed upwards of 5k calories in booze, BBQ, Pizza and more booze. And didn't log a thing. :drinker:

I had Fritos, bean dip, and beer for breakfast. Not one bite logged. But, I PR'ed my deadlift the next day, so I'm calling it a carb load and a WIN!
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    It's a rainy day here in SC and it's not helping my mood! I'm sleepy and crampy and really want to be at home on the couch right now!

Hoping I perk up though because I have to go to the gym after work. It's supposed to be leg day, but my hip has been bothering me for a few days so I'm switching to shoulders today and will do legs Friday.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

What's a 2nd trimester bloom? Could you find some sort of chart or information on roughly how much weight you should gain? I feel for you, I hate vague advice.

The advice for someone whose BMI is overweight is to gain 15-25 pounds at most. I'm already at 15 pounds gained and only halfway through the pregnancy, and you put on more towards the end, so I feel like I'll easily blow 25 pounds out of the park. In my defense, I've always felt like BMI as a measure of 'overweightness' is a bit rubbish. As a shorty my BMI always struck me as very high for my size. It was about 28 when I was a UK 12. I got down to a UK size 10 once and it was still about 26. Even so, if I put on another 15-20 pounds in the next 20 weeks, which I feel I could very easily do at my current rate, it will be 'too much' according to the NHS.

The advice seems to assume I am currently eating nothing but cake and chips and double portions at that. I'm not. I know not to eat for two, and I know what healthy eating looks like - I lost weight healthily before getting pregnant. Your hormones go crazy and your metabolism changes during pregnancy and what worked before does not work the same way now. I'm trying to not let it bother me and go with the flow but it's not easy.

I guess in summary, I just dislike feeling out of control and out of sync with my body. Better get used to it I guess!

Don't be so hard on yourself while you are pregnant!! Do not over do it, but you can get back to it after birth. Sometimes during pregnancy you cannot control what you gain, you have no idea how much of that is baby!!

When I was pregnant with my son, I was already heavy, around like 220lbs or so. I was gaining weight at a faster rate than my OBG wanted and he hassled me for it. I ate a DR prescribed diabetic diet to a tee because I was so scared of something bad happening to baby.

By the time I went to give birth, I had gained 72 pounds, and my DR accused me of lying and eating more than I should have etc. When they weighed me after birth, I lost 57 pounds giving birth. Mind you, I had a 12lbs baby and a 10lb placenta. I made sure when my OBG came in the next morning I let him know that I only actually gained 15lbs.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

What's a 2nd trimester bloom? Could you find some sort of chart or information on roughly how much weight you should gain? I feel for you, I hate vague advice.

The advice for someone whose BMI is overweight is to gain 15-25 pounds at most. I'm already at 15 pounds gained and only halfway through the pregnancy, and you put on more towards the end, so I feel like I'll easily blow 25 pounds out of the park. In my defense, I've always felt like BMI as a measure of 'overweightness' is a bit rubbish. As a shorty my BMI always struck me as very high for my size. It was about 28 when I was a UK 12. I got down to a UK size 10 once and it was still about 26. Even so, if I put on another 15-20 pounds in the next 20 weeks, which I feel I could very easily do at my current rate, it will be 'too much' according to the NHS.

The advice seems to assume I am currently eating nothing but cake and chips and double portions at that. I'm not. I know not to eat for two, and I know what healthy eating looks like - I lost weight healthily before getting pregnant. Your hormones go crazy and your metabolism changes during pregnancy and what worked before does not work the same way now. I'm trying to not let it bother me and go with the flow but it's not easy.

I guess in summary, I just dislike feeling out of control and out of sync with my body. Better get used to it I guess!

Don't be so hard on yourself while you are pregnant!! Do not over do it, but you can get back to it after birth. Sometimes during pregnancy you cannot control what you gain, you have no idea how much of that is baby!!

When I was pregnant with my son, I was already heavy, around like 220lbs or so. I was gaining weight at a faster rate than my OBG wanted and he hassled me for it. I ate a DR prescribed diabetic diet to a tee because I was so scared of something bad happening to baby.

By the time I went to give birth, I had gained 72 pounds, and my DR accused me of lying and eating more than I should have etc. When they weighed me after birth, I lost 57 pounds giving birth. Mind you, I had a 12lbs baby and a 10lb placenta. I made sure when my OBG came in the next morning I let him know that I only actually gained 15lbs.

I was ordered to gain 30 pounds minimum my first pregnancy (I was under 110 when I got preg -- but I'm also very short). I gained 35. All by five pounds came off within three months with no real effort. Second pregnancy I gained 57 lbs. I was on bed rest and was eating healthy but retaining water and had so much amniotic fluid the doctor was concerned. I had a five pound baby and lost 35+ pounds easily but took about two years to lose that last 20 lbs (I was too busy keeping my medically frail infant at doctors appointments, therapies, surgeries to worry about me so it came off slowly). I weight at or below what I weighed when I got preg with my second (he's 15) and probably a few pounds less than I weighed at age 15. You don't have a deadline for losing pregnancy (or any other weight). Make good choices over a long period of time and it all takes care of itself. <3
    Just relax. Do what you can but if you gain more you will be able to lose it. Your body is building a baby and has its own way of doing things.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    The Monday work day is almost done. Then the Monday gym time and football team mom time starts. I need a clone.

I'd settle for a robot to clean while I am not home. :)

OOOOHHHH, YES, THIS, SO MUCH THIS!!!! I need this in my life, how, and where can I find one of these, and what form of payment will they accept?!

• MoHousdon
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Charlie. We've had a manic party afternoon and I've just left, as I have to make the drive back to London tonight. He's had a brilliant day and is busy telling everyone he's 3.

That is so cute!!! Nowadays when my daughter meets new people, the first thing she says is 'I am five.'

My friend Heather's daughter is 4 and introduces herself, "My name is Maggie Lucille and I am a leader."

That's adorable. Hope that child becomes a CEO one day.

Thinking good-dog thoughts for Sadie, @ShibaEars, sending some relaxing post-party vives over to @orangesmartie, feeling proud of @pofoster21 for a major trouser victory, and hoping that @KylerJaye's bad-date luck turns around a bit.

I've read everything but I haven't been feeling super chatty lately, my apologies if I missed out replying to anyone else with a big victory or difficulty!

I'm still over here running up and down stairs and shrinking out of my darn clothes, but not much else is new in my world. We leave for Peru on September 5 and I think I'll be in good trekking shape as long as the altitude doesn't hit me too hard. I can manage up to 200 flights of stairs in one workout and I've done a few 5K runs at about 9:45 min/mile without really feeling winded, so I think 18 km days of hiking shouldn't be toooo challenging considering that I've done 14-15 km just with normal walking and the stair workout on a few different days.

It's good to hear from you! Sounds like you're going to do fine on your trek trip.

I think Maggie Lucille may run the country one day, if she wants to. It's a bit exhausting to get her to listen when your plan (say for Sunday School) isn't the same as her plan. "Maggie, I know you are *a* leader, but in this room, I am *the* leader and we follow *my* plan." She makes quite convincing arguments that one should do it her way. There's never a dull moment in Heather's house.

I know w girl like this, and sorry, but I think she's a brat. A spoiled little brat. I'm not saying Maggie Lucille IS, but this other little girl definitely IS!!! She's one of those kids that knows more than you do, always has the "right" answer, and is sure you're not doing things right. I can't stand that little twerp.

Sorry, I got carried away...
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    NSV...I recently started wearing two pairs of jeans that haven't fit in 3+ years! Yesterday the hubby and I were putting away clothes. He holds up a pair of the jeans by the waistband to fold them and asks if those were the jeans I mentioned the other day. I told him yes, he smiled, and said "Impressive"! I got this big cheesy grin on my face!

I think its really funny you and I posted this at the same time! And congratulations!

I forgot to say congrats to @pofoster21 and @kellienw335 on the NSV's today!! Outstanding! Yay!!!

I've recently been able to wear some jeans and work pants I'd put away about 4-5 years ago because I'd outgrown them. Yay for pants victories!! :smiley:

Those are the BEST! Congrats to all 3 of you!

• xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »

I was ordered to gain 30 pounds minimum my first pregnancy (I was under 110 when I got preg -- but I'm also very short). I gained 35. All by five pounds came off within three months with no real effort. Second pregnancy I gained 57 lbs. I was on bed rest and was eating healthy but retaining water and had so much amniotic fluid the doctor was concerned. I had a five pound baby and lost 35+ pounds easily but took about two years to lose that last 20 lbs (I was too busy keeping my medically frail infant at doctors appointments, therapies, surgeries to worry about me so it came off slowly). I weight at or below what I weighed when I got preg with my second (he's 15) and probably a few pounds less than I weighed at age 15. You don't have a deadline for losing pregnancy (or any other weight). Make good choices over a long period of time and it all takes care of itself. <3
    Just relax. Do what you can but if you gain more you will be able to lose it. Your body is building a baby and has its own way of doing things.

I gained ridiculous amounts of weight both times due to bed rest, hyperemesis/forced IV fluids (IV fluids make you swell)- like I'm talking 60-80 lbs both times.

I've lost it all and am now right about my pre-pg weight with #1, maybe a few pounds less. It helps that it was a lot of fluids both times, but sometimes your body does its own thing. I never ate junk (I couldn't- I was severely ill, so toast or mashed potatoes were HEAVEN if I kept them down. My "treat" if I could keep it down was a smoothie of greek yogurt, banana, and Splenda that I drank in sips). If you know you're not eating junk and honestly not pigging out, it's water/extra blood volume. Your body is just hoarding weight. You'll take it off again. If I could lose it both times, you'll be able to.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Charlie. We've had a manic party afternoon and I've just left, as I have to make the drive back to London tonight. He's had a brilliant day and is busy telling everyone he's 3.

That is so cute!!! Nowadays when my daughter meets new people, the first thing she says is 'I am five.'

My friend Heather's daughter is 4 and introduces herself, "My name is Maggie Lucille and I am a leader."

When I was 3-4 I introduced myself, "My name is Sawsan. S-A-W-S-A-N." To everyone. :p I was absolutely obsessed with my name being spelled right, apparently...

That is do cute. Is it an unusual name in Oman? And how is your back? Did you ever make it to the movies?

Well, I lived in the United States at the time, so it was an extremely rare name. ;) It's actually an uncommon name in Oman as well, but it's extremely common in Sudan (I know like... Three Sudani ladies with my name, and that's with my very limited social circle!) and fairly common in Saudi Arabia.

My back is finally starting to improve, and we went to Bahrain today! We saw Inside Out, and I LOVED it. It was amazing and super great! I didn't even need painkillers today, and that's with 5 hours in the car and two hours of sitting in the movie theater. :)

Yay!

• spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. I know I am partially just being overly hormonal about it and feeling a bit moany and I don't have anyone to moan at in real life. There is no deadline for losing weight once the baby is here and frankly I'm not going to worry about it until breastfeeding etc. is established.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. I know I am partially just being overly hormonal about it and feeling a bit moany and I don't have anyone to moan at in real life. There is no deadline for losing weight once the baby is here and frankly I'm not going to worry about it until breastfeeding etc. is established.

I know some people swear breastfeeding caused them to drop weight. I didn't finish losing weight until I weaned. I ate the right amount but my body held on tight to a bit of padding until I weaned then it came off easily. (About 5 - 8 lbs)
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Like some of you, I have not felt especially chatty recently, feeling like I don't really have anything of value to share.

I will say this though, I think I might have some sort of anxiety disorder. I hadn't been to church for about 4 or 5 weeks, but finally went Sunday and I felt very nervous and uneasy the whole time. I purposely went late so I wouldn't have to talk to anyone and I sat by myself, as Mr. Mo and Rachael were teaching in the back. I've known most of these people for close to 5 years. Why do I still not feel comfortable around them?!

NSV:
    I dead lifted 105 lbs. last night, squatted 65 lbs. (didn't feel like hunting for the weights to do the suggested 60 lbs.), and OHP was 50. I still hate OHP and feel so incredibly weak barely being able to lift that stupid bar and 2.5 lb. weights on each side above my head.

I was really irritated at the gym last night because some jerk was hogging the power rack for like 25 minutes and everything else was being used too. I had to do my warm up squats on the stupid Smith machine. I told Mr. Mo last night, I can't sit in the gym waiting for people all the time. Something's going to have to change. I fear we may have to start lifting in the mornings, which means less sleep for me.

I was also irritated with Mr. Mo because he took some Aftershock last night after working out and was still wide awake at midnight eating pretzels in bed. I accused him of finding the loudest possible thing he could find to eat. I'm not nice when I'm tired.

• jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I could use some positive thoughts today. My mom's 10 year old Shih Tzu, Sadie, had to go in to the emergency vet on Saturday morning. They found she had an obstruction in her intestines. Yesterday afternoon they were able to get it out, but there was a lot of bleeding because it has cut up her insides. And of course now there is the risk of infection. My mom would only be allowed to take her home today if Sadie would eat. My mom went at noon, it's now 2:00 and she's still there :disappointed: I'm hoping she will be able to come home today, I know my mom will be devastated if Sadie doesn't make it.

Oh no! I'm so sorry. I'm sending good thoughts your way and Sadie's way. Your poor mom! I lost my sweet 1 1/2 year old cat earlier this year to an emergency type situation and I'm still mourning him. I hope Sadie gets well and is able to come home soon. Hugs!

May I ask what happened? That is so young!

He had a fully obstructed urethra and an ultrasound showed several other stones in his bladder (that were not the cause of the that specific blockage, but would definitely cause future painful, emergent blockages). The surgery to relieve the blockage wasn't actually sure to work....some cats reblock immediately. He was in such pain and would've had a life of frequent trips to the emergency vet for ICU treatment and multiple surgeries. So I made the heartbreaking decision to euthanize him. I still feel so bad for the whole thing... I loved him so, so much.

ETA: Ooops - I think @Italian_Buju was asking what happened with Sadie. Sorry for jumping in with my sad story!
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options

When I was 3-4 I introduced myself, "My name is Sawsan. S-A-W-S-A-N." To everyone. :p I was absolutely obsessed with my name being spelled right, apparently...

That is do cute. Is it an unusual name in Oman? And how is your back? Did you ever make it to the movies?

Well, I lived in the United States at the time, so it was an extremely rare name. ;) It's actually an uncommon name in Oman as well, but it's extremely common in Sudan (I know like... Three Sudani ladies with my name, and that's with my very limited social circle!) and fairly common in Saudi Arabia.

My back is finally starting to improve, and we went to Bahrain today! We saw Inside Out, and I LOVED it. It was amazing and super great! I didn't even need painkillers today, and that's with 5 hours in the car and two hours of sitting in the movie theater. :)

YAY!!! I'm so glad to hear your back is getting better!! I want to see Inside Out, too. I rarely go to the movies as it's such an expensive date here and I nearly always leave the theatre with a headache. I think I'm easily over-stimulated by loud audio and whatnot and it gives me a splitting headache. The last movie I saw in the theatre was... ummm.... Les Miserables a couple years ago. Heh... I'm a weirdo.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I consumed upwards of 5k calories in booze, BBQ, Pizza and more booze. And didn't log a thing. :drinker:

I had Fritos, bean dip, and beer for breakfast. Not one bite logged. But, I PR'ed my deadlift the next day, so I'm calling it a carb load and a WIN!

Nice!