Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    firstly, congrats to the NSV ladies!!! keep kickin butt!

and of course...

*post date update*

saturday evening.
    ok, so dude says he'll meet me at a local establishment (i'm going strong in keeping it in walking distance!), and it'll take him about 45 minutes to get there. ok, seeya soon!
    45 minutes comes and goes and dude is no where to be found.
    now he says his gps got him lost, making him almost a full half hour late. i'm thinking he just left his house later than he said and ended up late. six of one, half dozen of another....

dude says he's finally arrived, i walk over to the establishment, he's no where to be found. swell. send me a msg that he's at a different location and can't i just meet him there? umm...no. i gave him the directions to get from the place he's at to the originally agreed upon locale.

we go in, sit at the bar,i have a redds while he's sippin vodka crans after his original sweet tea vodka with iced tea order was denied (completely pointless detail, but i found it really amusing at the time).

so, sitting at the bar, the dude has basically no conversation skills. mind you i'm not the greatest conversationalist, but at least i try. so we're getting no where fast so i suggest we go play pool. and he says naw, i'm not really very good at it. seriously? so i say, well i'm not either, so we'll really get our monies worth with the length of the game. so at least at this point the random awkward silences are disguised.

dude was nice enough, but literally there was no chemistry what so ever. play two games of pool, have a few drinks, minor chit chat, it's gettin kinda late and he says he should probably get going so he doesn't fall asleep behind the wheel.

OK! BYE!

sigh...this blows...

Sorry it didn't go well! Are there better sites you could try? IDK, I'm just trying to be helpful! Don't give up! Hugs!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Charlie. We've had a manic party afternoon and I've just left, as I have to make the drive back to London tonight. He's had a brilliant day and is busy telling everyone he's 3.

That is so cute!!! Nowadays when my daughter meets new people, the first thing she says is 'I am five.'

My friend Heather's daughter is 4 and introduces herself, "My name is Maggie Lucille and I am a leader."

When I was 3-4 I introduced myself, "My name is Sawsan. S-A-W-S-A-N." To everyone. :p I was absolutely obsessed with my name being spelled right, apparently...
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. Sadie wouldn't eat, so my mom is going to go back later today to try again.

Positive thoughts coming your way! I hope she makes it through. <3
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    NSV...I recently started wearing two pairs of jeans that haven't fit in 3+ years! Yesterday the hubby and I were putting away clothes. He holds up a pair of the jeans by the waistband to fold them and asks if those were the jeans I mentioned the other day. I told him yes, he smiled, and said "Impressive"! I got this big cheesy grin on my face!

I think its really funny you and I posted this at the same time! And congratulations!

I forgot to say congrats to @pofoster21 and @kellienw335 on the NSV's today!! Outstanding! Yay!!!

I've recently been able to wear some jeans and work pants I'd put away about 4-5 years ago because I'd outgrown them. Yay for pants victories!! :smiley:
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    NSV...I recently started wearing two pairs of jeans that haven't fit in 3+ years! Yesterday the hubby and I were putting away clothes. He holds up a pair of the jeans by the waistband to fold them and asks if those were the jeans I mentioned the other day. I told him yes, he smiled, and said "Impressive"! I got this big cheesy grin on my face!

I think its really funny you and I posted this at the same time! And congratulations!

Congratulations to you too! Good luck on finding some pants you like!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    OK so I am back from my mini Vacation (we didn't go anywhere; I just had doctor consults and didn't want to be at work for a few days). Trying to catch up with everyone but with 900 new posts...not sure how well I'll do.

Wed I had doctor consults for my surgeries all day and...discussed it with DH and I booked surgeries for 10/30! 2 surgeons estimated they'd remove about 8 lbs of skin, the 3rd and 4th ones said it'd be closer to 10 lb. Either way, in 10.5 weeks I'll be having surgery! Yippie! I'm a candidate for insurance covering some of it, but we're preparing like they won't cover anything, so we'll see... I'm getting a full abdominoplasty with an extended cut to grab skin from the sides and a fleur de lis (vertical) cut which grabs even more. Plus a breast reduction. I'll have extensive scarring but it'll fade and it's worth it.

All 4 docs said not to lose anymore weight, just maintain, because I'm actually on the "skinny side" underneath all the skin. That was weird but I guess it's to be expected. I see myself as lumpy and fat but it's almost all skin- I weighed in at 127 and 128 at 2 of the offices (the other 2 didn't weigh me). If they take 8 lb of skin that puts me at 119-120. I'm 5'4.5. So now I'm trying to figure out how to eat enough to maintain.

Awesome, and exciting, and a little terrifying! Congrats to you!

Ditto.

@xLoveLikeWinterx

I forget do you have a Fitbit or a Jawbone? If you do you could set your account to be sedentary & enable negative calories & then eat back the extra calories the device gives you.

If you don't then I would recommend Scooby's Workshop & playing around with their accurate online calorie calculator.

I want to lose a little bit more (around 161-163 & would love to get back down to around 145-150). I would also love to have my arms done & legs.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Our fire (Soda fire, southwest Idaho) is 70% contained, with no major losses. Outbuildings and livestock, but no human lives or residences. Thanks for the well-wishes and prayers, everyone.

Thank God! <3

Agreed. Glad to hear it has missed your friend's residence.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

@kellienw335 great NSV! Shopping spree B)
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I could use some positive thoughts today. My mom's 10 year old Shih Tzu, Sadie, had to go in to the emergency vet on Saturday morning. They found she had an obstruction in her intestines. Yesterday afternoon they were able to get it out, but there was a lot of bleeding because it has cut up her insides. And of course now there is the risk of infection. My mom would only be allowed to take her home today if Sadie would eat. My mom went at noon, it's now 2:00 and she's still there :disappointed: I'm hoping she will be able to come home today, I know my mom will be devastated if Sadie doesn't make it.

I am so sorry to hear that! Positive thoughts coming your way!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    I could use some positive thoughts today. My mom's 10 year old Shih Tzu, Sadie, had to go in to the emergency vet on Saturday morning. They found she had an obstruction in her intestines. Yesterday afternoon they were able to get it out, but there was a lot of bleeding because it has cut up her insides. And of course now there is the risk of infection. My mom would only be allowed to take her home today if Sadie would eat. My mom went at noon, it's now 2:00 and she's still there :disappointed: I'm hoping she will be able to come home today, I know my mom will be devastated if Sadie doesn't make it.

Oh no! I'm so sorry. I'm sending good thoughts your way and Sadie's way. Your poor mom! I lost my sweet 1 1/2 year old cat earlier this year to an emergency type situation and I'm still mourning him. I hope Sadie gets well and is able to come home soon. Hugs!

May I ask what happened? That is so young!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Charlie. We've had a manic party afternoon and I've just left, as I have to make the drive back to London tonight. He's had a brilliant day and is busy telling everyone he's 3.

That is so cute!!! Nowadays when my daughter meets new people, the first thing she says is 'I am five.'

My friend Heather's daughter is 4 and introduces herself, "My name is Maggie Lucille and I am a leader."

I'm still over here running up and down stairs and shrinking out of my darn clothes, but not much else is new in my world. We leave for Peru on September 5 and I think I'll be in good trekking shape as long as the altitude doesn't hit me too hard. I can manage up to 200 flights of stairs in one workout and I've done a few 5K runs at about 9:45 min/mile without really feeling winded, so I think 18 km days of hiking shouldn't be toooo challenging considering that I've done 14-15 km just with normal walking and the stair workout on a few different days.
    You rock!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

When I was 3-4 I introduced myself, "My name is Sawsan. S-A-W-S-A-N." To everyone. :p I was absolutely obsessed with my name being spelled right, apparently...

That is do cute. Is it an unusual name in Oman? And how is your back? Did you ever make it to the movies?
  • Hea1thyGam3r
    Hea1thyGam3r Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I consumed upwards of 5k calories in booze, BBQ, Pizza and more booze. And didn't log a thing. :drinker:
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

Congratulations to you too! Good luck on finding some pants you like!
    Congrats to the both of you on conquering those pants. ;)

One of my biggest regrets was giving my friend back a shirt he gave me a year before I started trying to lose because it was too small.

I'm sorry about to hear about your mom's Sadie @ShibaEars

@xLoveLikeWinterx It's great to hear that insurance will cover something! I just switched my Fitbit to maintain, but if you want to go at it more slowly, you can bump your calories by 100 or so a week until you stop losing.

@lilaclovebird I really hate what some coworkers can get away with. I hope you're able to sort everything out and give more time for yourself. Family is obviously important, but they need to understand that you also have your own life to live.

@KylerJaye I hope the next one turns out better.

@peleroja I feel ya on the not being too chatty. Things haven't been getting worse, but I've just been feeling kinda blech and would rather read or watch tv than be social. It definitely sounds like you'll do fine on your trip.

@raelynnsmama52512 Oh god, that is a lot on your plate. I hope it all goes well.

Ever since my sister became a teacher, I've tried to be a little more aware about those who serve the public, like folks in service, police, and paramedics. It's crazy how much some people are able do.
    Yesterday I consumed upwards of 5k calories in booze, BBQ, Pizza and more booze. And didn't log a thing. :drinker:
    Nice. :wink: I like to log days like these just so I can look back at what all I crammed in to my food hole.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

Oh no! I'm so sorry. I'm sending good thoughts your way and Sadie's way. Your poor mom! I lost my sweet 1 1/2 year old cat earlier this year to an emergency type situation and I'm still mourning him. I hope Sadie gets well and is able to come home soon. Hugs!

We feed our dogs a raw diet, and haven't had an incident in the 7 years since we switched. My mom bought a new brand though , and it has a lot larger chunks of bone so it ended obstructing her colon.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    @orangesmartie I hope Charlie has had a wonderful birthday today!! ❤️
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

We feed our dogs a raw diet, and haven't had an incident in the 7 years since we switched. My mom bought a new brand though , and it has a lot larger chunks of bone so it ended obstructing her colon.
    Which brand is it? I really wanted to switch my cat to a raw diet after all my research but my parents wouldn't allow me to keep the meats in the house. :/

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    So, I am not sure this is an NSV. Decided to dig some pants to wear today out of the dry cleaner bags in my closet and I went through 3 pairs of pants before I found a pair that 'sort of' fit. Rest were ridiculously huge. I am starting to wear skirts EVERY day as nothing fits me anymore. And I haunt Marshalls for pants that fit me but they haven't had anything good. I am sad to lose all these really nice pants. But they were folded and put in the 'to be donated' pile.

That's an awesome NSV @pofoster21! I hate when I go to TJ's & Marshall's & cannot find anything I like or what I do like is ridiculously expensive.

A town close by is supposed to be opening a TJMaxx on Sunday.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

That is do cute. Is it an unusual name in Oman? And how is your back? Did you ever make it to the movies?

Well, I lived in the United States at the time, so it was an extremely rare name. ;) It's actually an uncommon name in Oman as well, but it's extremely common in Sudan (I know like... Three Sudani ladies with my name, and that's with my very limited social circle!) and fairly common in Saudi Arabia.

My back is finally starting to improve, and we went to Bahrain today! We saw Inside Out, and I LOVED it. It was amazing and super great! I didn't even need painkillers today, and that's with 5 hours in the car and two hours of sitting in the movie theater. :)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

Aww I am hoping Sadie is either at home now or will be able to come home soon. Positive thoughts coming your way.