Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I could use some positive thoughts today. My mom's 10 year old Shih Tzu, Sadie, had to go in to the emergency vet on Saturday morning. They found she had an obstruction in her intestines. Yesterday afternoon they were able to get it out, but there was a lot of bleeding because it has cut up her insides. And of course now there is the risk of infection. My mom would only be allowed to take her home today if Sadie would eat. My mom went at noon, it's now 2:00 and she's still there :disappointed: I'm hoping she will be able to come home today, I know my mom will be devastated if Sadie doesn't make it.

Praying for little Sadie, and Mrs. Shibaears. Please keep us updated.

• jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I could use some positive thoughts today. My mom's 10 year old Shih Tzu, Sadie, had to go in to the emergency vet on Saturday morning. They found she had an obstruction in her intestines. Yesterday afternoon they were able to get it out, but there was a lot of bleeding because it has cut up her insides. And of course now there is the risk of infection. My mom would only be allowed to take her home today if Sadie would eat. My mom went at noon, it's now 2:00 and she's still there :disappointed: I'm hoping she will be able to come home today, I know my mom will be devastated if Sadie doesn't make it.

Oh no! I'm so sorry. I'm sending good thoughts your way and Sadie's way. Your poor mom! I lost my sweet 1 1/2 year old cat earlier this year to an emergency type situation and I'm still mourning him. I hope Sadie gets well and is able to come home soon. Hugs!
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options

many hugs and positive thoughts!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

Prayers and positive thoughts.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

Sending positive thoughts!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    So there is a pretty major wildfire near my house. Luckily we have the river between our house and the fire. A coworker, however, had to evacuate yesterday and may lose his home. I've been thinking of, and praying for, him all day. His name is Dave, if anyone wants to chip in.

You got it, Dave is on the list. Fire is my fear. My neighbors' house burned in 30 minutes when I was 10 and years later my friend Teresa died in a house fire because the landlord (also a candidate for *kitten* of the year) had painted the windows shut.

W.o.w. How awful terrifying that must have been for her :cry:

I think it would have been, but she went back into the house for her son. She managed to throw her son over the beam that had fallen from the ceiling blocking the front door and I've always thought of her dying thinking what she always said. "I'd die for that kid." Timothy goes to school with my son and is doing very well after a couple of years of therapy.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Charlie. We've had a manic party afternoon and I've just left, as I have to make the drive back to London tonight. He's had a brilliant day and is busy telling everyone he's 3.

That is so cute!!! Nowadays when my daughter meets new people, the first thing she says is 'I am five.'

My friend Heather's daughter is 4 and introduces herself, "My name is Maggie Lucille and I am a leader."

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Charlie. We've had a manic party afternoon and I've just left, as I have to make the drive back to London tonight. He's had a brilliant day and is busy telling everyone he's 3.

That is so cute!!! Nowadays when my daughter meets new people, the first thing she says is 'I am five.'

My friend Heather's daughter is 4 and introduces herself, "My name is Maggie Lucille and I am a leader."

Love the positive attitude!!!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Tons and tons of prayers for Sadie and your mom, @ShibaEars!!!! Please keep us updated!!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    So there is a pretty major wildfire near my house. Luckily we have the river between our house and the fire. A coworker, however, had to evacuate yesterday and may lose his home. I've been thinking of, and praying for, him all day. His name is Dave, if anyone wants to chip in.

You got it, Dave is on the list. Fire is my fear. My neighbors' house burned in 30 minutes when I was 10 and years later my friend Teresa died in a house fire because the landlord (also a candidate for *kitten* of the year) had painted the windows shut.

I think it would have been, but she went back into the house for her son. She managed to throw her son over the beam that had fallen from the ceiling blocking the front door and I've always thought of her dying thinking what she always said. "I'd die for that kid." Timothy goes to school with my son and is doing very well after a couple of years of therapy.

What an incredible act of bravery!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Sadie wouldn't eat, so my mom is going to go back later today to try again.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options

I'm scared to death of fire and things like that keep me up at night.

I was never a "kid person" when I was younger and still don't enjoy all kids (but I love my own and a few others, obviously lol), and I never got it when I heard stories of parents doing that but I do now. I in no way have a death wish but if it comes down to me or my boys, I'm making sure they'll survive. It's primal.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »

Sending positive thoughts!

Poor puppy :( Fingers crossed!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    The Monday work day is almost done. Then the Monday gym time and football team mom time starts. I need a clone.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Made it back to London waiting for a Chinese (oops). I'm always so gutted to leave Charlie, even though he exhausts me
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    So, I am not sure this is an NSV. Decided to dig some pants to wear today out of the dry cleaner bags in my closet and I went through 3 pairs of pants before I found a pair that 'sort of' fit. Rest were ridiculously huge. I am starting to wear skirts EVERY day as nothing fits me anymore. And I haunt Marshalls for pants that fit me but they haven't had anything good. I am sad to lose all these really nice pants. But they were folded and put in the 'to be donated' pile.

That's wonderful.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

That's adorable. Hope that child becomes a CEO one day.

Thinking good-dog thoughts for Sadie, @ShibaEars, sending some relaxing post-party vives over to @orangesmartie, feeling proud of @pofoster21 for a major trouser victory, and hoping that @KylerJaye's bad-date luck turns around a bit.

I've read everything but I haven't been feeling super chatty lately, my apologies if I missed out replying to anyone else with a big victory or difficulty!

I'm still over here running up and down stairs and shrinking out of my darn clothes, but not much else is new in my world. We leave for Peru on September 5 and I think I'll be in good trekking shape as long as the altitude doesn't hit me too hard. I can manage up to 200 flights of stairs in one workout and I've done a few 5K runs at about 9:45 min/mile without really feeling winded, so I think 18 km days of hiking shouldn't be toooo challenging considering that I've done 14-15 km just with normal walking and the stair workout on a few different days.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »

Oh no! I'm so sorry. I'm sending good thoughts your way and Sadie's way. Your poor mom! I lost my sweet 1 1/2 year old cat earlier this year to an emergency type situation and I'm still mourning him. I hope Sadie gets well and is able to come home soon. Hugs!

This.
  • nonoelmo
    Options

What an incredible act of bravery!
    And love
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    firstly, congrats to the NSV ladies!!! keep kickin butt!

and of course...

*post date update*

saturday evening.
    ok, so dude says he'll meet me at a local establishment (i'm going strong in keeping it in walking distance!), and it'll take him about 45 minutes to get there. ok, seeya soon!
    45 minutes comes and goes and dude is no where to be found.
    now he says his gps got him lost, making him almost a full half hour late. i'm thinking he just left his house later than he said and ended up late. six of one, half dozen of another....

dude says he's finally arrived, i walk over to the establishment, he's no where to be found. swell. send me a msg that he's at a different location and can't i just meet him there? umm...no. i gave him the directions to get from the place he's at to the originally agreed upon locale.

we go in, sit at the bar,i have a redds while he's sippin vodka crans after his original sweet tea vodka with iced tea order was denied (completely pointless detail, but i found it really amusing at the time).

so, sitting at the bar, the dude has basically no conversation skills. mind you i'm not the greatest conversationalist, but at least i try. so we're getting no where fast so i suggest we go play pool. and he says naw, i'm not really very good at it. seriously? so i say, well i'm not either, so we'll really get our monies worth with the length of the game. so at least at this point the random awkward silences are disguised.

dude was nice enough, but literally there was no chemistry what so ever. play two games of pool, have a few drinks, minor chit chat, it's gettin kinda late and he says he should probably get going so he doesn't fall asleep behind the wheel.

OK! BYE!

sigh...this blows...
    He was nice enough that you didn't run out of the bar but you won't see him again. Not awful. Keep on remembering it is a numbers game. Each wrong guy gets you closer to your guy. Take breaks as needed