Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Had quite a down day yesterday, very negative. Realised I hadn't taken my medication for 5 days. Yes, naughty I know. I get so out of routine at home on weekends, and by the time the reminders go off on my phone, Charlie and I are already out for the day. I know its no excuse.

I am just generally fed up with looking in the mirror and seeing roll of fat stacked on top of roll of fat to make up my body (sorry @girldownsouth ). I know change doesn't happen over night, but this is week 5 damnit!

I did hit the gym yesterday, did 6k run, PT session (full body work out) and a spin class. That will hopefully mitigate some of the cake batter and biscuit dough.

I'm sorry some of you guys are struggling with motivation. Is there anything we can do to help? What motivates you? Challenges? Accountability? Work out buddy? Competition?
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    I think everyone must have a case of the August blahs.

Going to look hard for my motivation this morning as well, it's pouring here which means all my steps are going to have to be on the treadmill today. Plus the rain makes me more blah.

Sorry I wasn't around much the last little bit - had Monday off and spent it with my husband. Yesterday was busy at work and then I did a bunch of housework when I got home last night.

Hope everyone has a better day today!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Charlie. We've had a manic party afternoon and I've just left, as I have to make the drive back to London tonight. He's had a brilliant day and is busy telling everyone he's 3.

That is so cute!!! Nowadays when my daughter meets new people, the first thing she says is 'I am five.'

My friend Heather's daughter is 4 and introduces herself, "My name is Maggie Lucille and I am a leader."

When I was 3-4 I introduced myself, "My name is Sawsan. S-A-W-S-A-N." To everyone. :p I was absolutely obsessed with my name being spelled right, apparently...

That is do cute. Is it an unusual name in Oman? And how is your back? Did you ever make it to the movies?

Well, I lived in the United States at the time, so it was an extremely rare name. ;) It's actually an uncommon name in Oman as well, but it's extremely common in Sudan (I know like... Three Sudani ladies with my name, and that's with my very limited social circle!) and fairly common in Saudi Arabia.

My back is finally starting to improve, and we went to Bahrain today! We saw Inside Out, and I LOVED it. It was amazing and super great! I didn't even need painkillers today, and that's with 5 hours in the car and two hours of sitting in the movie theater. :)

YAY!!! I'm so glad to hear your back is getting better!! I want to see Inside Out, too. I rarely go to the movies as it's such an expensive date here and I nearly always leave the theatre with a headache. I think I'm easily over-stimulated by loud audio and whatnot and it gives me a splitting headache. The last movie I saw in the theatre was... ummm.... Les Miserables a couple years ago. Heh... I'm a weirdo.

The last film I saw in the cinema was Les Misérables too! We can be weirdos together.
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Charlie. We've had a manic party afternoon and I've just left, as I have to make the drive back to London tonight. He's had a brilliant day and is busy telling everyone he's 3.

That is so cute!!! Nowadays when my daughter meets new people, the first thing she says is 'I am five.'

My friend Heather's daughter is 4 and introduces herself, "My name is Maggie Lucille and I am a leader."

When I was 3-4 I introduced myself, "My name is Sawsan. S-A-W-S-A-N." To everyone. :p I was absolutely obsessed with my name being spelled right, apparently...

That is do cute. Is it an unusual name in Oman? And how is your back? Did you ever make it to the movies?

Well, I lived in the United States at the time, so it was an extremely rare name. ;) It's actually an uncommon name in Oman as well, but it's extremely common in Sudan (I know like... Three Sudani ladies with my name, and that's with my very limited social circle!) and fairly common in Saudi Arabia.

My back is finally starting to improve, and we went to Bahrain today! We saw Inside Out, and I LOVED it. It was amazing and super great! I didn't even need painkillers today, and that's with 5 hours in the car and two hours of sitting in the movie theater. :)

YAY!!! I'm so glad to hear your back is getting better!! I want to see Inside Out, too. I rarely go to the movies as it's such an expensive date here and I nearly always leave the theatre with a headache. I think I'm easily over-stimulated by loud audio and whatnot and it gives me a splitting headache. The last movie I saw in the theatre was... ummm.... Les Miserables a couple years ago. Heh... I'm a weirdo.

The last film I saw in the cinema was Les Misérables too! We can be weirdos together.

Last film I saw in a cinema was...The Other Boleyn Girl, about 10 years ago ! I hate going to the cinema. I'd rather sit in my pajamas, on my comfy sofa, with popcorn and drinks, with the ability to pause for wee breaks.

• spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I didn't pack a sensible lunch because I couldn't decide what I wanted. What a dumb excuse!

I have a bowl of melon chunks and some emergency quiche in the work fridge. I really don't fancy the emergency quiche (had it two days running) and I don't think I can live off melon alone. I might be making an emergency trip to the only local supermarket with its crap selection (bit of a food desert where I work). It's that or McDonalds. Wish me luck in making good choices!
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    I didn't pack a sensible lunch because I couldn't decide what I wanted. What a dumb excuse!

I have a bowl of melon chunks and some emergency quiche in the work fridge. I really don't fancy the emergency quiche (had it two days running) and I don't think I can live off melon alone. I might be making an emergency trip to the only local supermarket with its crap selection (bit of a food desert where I work). It's that or McDonalds. Wish me luck in making good choices!

houmous and carrot sticks, or falafel? a salad bowl, feta cheese and chicken breast? what do you fancy?
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

You can make some decent choices at McDonalds.... Not that I am advocating that, but you can...
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Had quite a down day yesterday, very negative. Realised I hadn't taken my medication for 5 days. Yes, naughty I know. I get so out of routine at home on weekends, and by the time the reminders go off on my phone, Charlie and I are already out for the day. I know its no excuse.

I am just generally fed up with looking in the mirror and seeing roll of fat stacked on top of roll of fat to make up my body (sorry @girldownsouth ). I know change doesn't happen over night, but this is week 5 damnit!

I did hit the gym yesterday, did 6k run, PT session (full body work out) and a spin class. That will hopefully mitigate some of the cake batter and biscuit dough.

I'm sorry some of you guys are struggling with motivation. Is there anything we can do to help? What motivates you? Challenges? Accountability? Work out buddy? Competition?

I think we all need some more positivity in here. Changes won't be instant so we need to find a bit more happiness in who we are right now. So I want everyone to share something that they like about themselves now, not something that could be good after losing some weight, or with a bit of toning, but something about you that is already great. Because other people don't look at you and only see the negative, especially if you are focusing on the positive yourself. And your much more likely to succeed in the long run if it's not all a means to an end.

So I want to hear all about your great long legs, pert bums (@MoHousdon, I'm looking at you), delicate wrists, emerging collarbones etc. Go and look in the mirror and find something that makes you smile, right now!

I'll go first and say that I like my waist. I appreciate that whatever size I have been I have distinct curves, and that makes me feel better about myself.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options

Last film I saw in a cinema was...The Other Boleyn Girl, about 10 years ago ! I hate going to the cinema. I'd rather sit in my pajamas, on my comfy sofa, with popcorn and drinks, with the ability to pause for wee breaks.

High five for You!! I can't remember the last time I was in a theatre for a film. That is strange. But I have a big screen (largish for the room) and a surround sound system. Even better, I can pause if I need a potty break. Jealous right? :#
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

I think we all need some more positivity in here. Changes won't be instant so we need to find a bit more happiness in who we are right now. So I want everyone to share something that they like about themselves now, not something that could be good after losing some weight, or with a bit of toning, but something about you that is already great. Because other people don't look at you and only see the negative, especially if you are focusing on the positive yourself. And your much more likely to succeed in the long run if it's not all a means to an end.

So I want to hear all about your great long legs, pert bums (@MoHousdon, I'm looking at you), delicate wrists, emerging collarbones etc. Go and look in the mirror and find something that makes you smile, right now!

I'll go first and say that I like my waist. I appreciate that whatever size I have been I have distinct curves, and that makes me feel better about myself.

I am ALSO in love with my waist. Now that I've lost weight my shirts(the slightly tighter ones) now have this horribly annoying habit of riding up and settling at my natural waist. :grin:

I would also like to point out that I am oddly happy about my pancake butt. I had a fatty round-ish booty and now it's like a test for me. I get to do a squat challenge and see how it improves my shape! :lol:

I want a booty like @MoHousdon :love:
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »

Soon it will be September, and we will have the September awesomes! Yes/yes/definitely yes?

(It will be spring in September, so my mood will take a definite upswing in conjunction with the increase in temperature.)
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options

I like my legs. They are strong and thinner than the rest of me. I have calves some men would kill for.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    I like my face now that it is looking like my face again and not the round circle it was.

I have great cheekbones. :smile:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

I love my curly black hair! And that I can change the water cooler bottle instead of having to ask someone to do it for me.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I haven't been very active recently, but I have been reading along. Am struggling a bit at the moment, for no particular reason. I really need to get back to exercising, but seem to have mislaid my motivation.

@Tubbs216

I think we all get like that from time to time. Maybe you just need to take a small mental break from dieting/exercise & eat at maintenance for a few days or weeks to give yourself a vacation from counting calories.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Tubbs216 How's your sister doing?
    peleroja I hope your trek goes so well! You have trained very well for it and I can't wait to see the pics!
    @ShibaEars How's Sadie? been thinking of you and your mom today. I hope she's feeling better.

Thanks for thinking of us! Sadie is at home, and last I heard she ate a bit this morning so that's a good sign, I think. She's on a few different medications and isn't completely out of the woods yet, but I'm hopeful she'll stay strong.

YAY! Fingers crossed that things keep getting better! :)

Welcome back, @riderfangal!

Yes to both
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Tubbs216 How's your sister doing?
    peleroja I hope your trek goes so well! You have trained very well for it and I can't wait to see the pics!
    @ShibaEars How's Sadie? been thinking of you and your mom today. I hope she's feeling better.

Thanks for thinking of us! Sadie is at home, and last I heard she ate a bit this morning so that's a good sign, I think. She's on a few different medications and isn't completely out of the woods yet, but I'm hopeful she'll stay strong.

YAY! Fingers crossed that things keep getting better! :)

Welcome back, @riderfangal!

Great to hear Sadie is doing better. Sorry to hear she's on a few medications; hopefully, she'll be back to her normal self soon.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

I've been told that I have a nice smile... And I've always been blessed in the eyebrow department. Nicely curved, no monobrow--I think they're super great. ;)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »

Soon it will be September, and we will have the September awesomes! Yes/yes/definitely yes?

(It will be spring in September, so my mood will take a definite upswing in conjunction with the increase in temperature.)

I hope so!! September should be a cooler month here, so that would be nice. Anything below 45 C would be nice at this point!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    I confess that complimenting myself makes me feel... Guilt. Like I shouldn't be saying such things or I'm telling a huge pack of lies. :/