Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Ugg, actual pants. I've gotten away with avoiding them for most of the year thanks to the Texas heat. What I have doesn't fit and I definitely prefer wearing dresses for more formal occasions. Not having to think about pants is the best thing about them. :wink:

Despite a lot of the clientele, I've really come to love Fallas Paredes for cheap clothing. My favorite buys from there have been some really cute boots I picked up for 12 or 15 dollars and a fox tee that was on clearance for 1.50.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I didn't get to do SL tonight, but we unloaded the first of the new weights. All the plates, some dumbells, olympic dumbell bars, curl bar and stuff. It was heavy enough, plus we moved the other machine out of the garage. That had two 250lb weight stacks we had to move. Enough heavy stuff for me!! That counts.

I'd say so! Enjoy all of your new equipment.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Ugg, actual pants. I've gotten away with avoiding them for most of the year thanks to the Texas heat. What I have doesn't fit and I definitely prefer wearing dresses for more formal occasions. Not having to think about pants is the best thing about them. :wink:

Despite a lot of the clientele, I've really come to love Fallas Paredes for cheap clothing. My favorite buys from there have been some really cute boots I picked up for 12 or 15 dollars and a fox tee that was on clearance for 1.50.

Is that a thrift store or a regular department store?
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 How's your sister doing?
    peleroja I hope your trek goes so well! You have trained very well for it and I can't wait to see the pics!
    @ShibaEars How's Sadie? been thinking of you and your mom today. I hope she's feeling better.

Thanks for thinking of us! Sadie is at home, and last I heard she ate a bit this morning so that's a good sign, I think. She's on a few different medications and isn't completely out of the woods yet, but I'm hopeful she'll stay strong.
    Good news about Sadie - I hope she continues to improve.

Thanks for your thoughts Jenni. My sister is doing pretty well. She looks and feels fine, which of course can be dangerous when you have to rest. She's trying to make sure she does that. Unfortunately the oil in her eye is making things very blurry, and that's not likely to resolve until the oil is removed (6 weeks - ish) so I don't know whether she'll be allowed to drive.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I haven't been very active recently, but I have been reading along. Am struggling a bit at the moment, for no particular reason. I really need to get back to exercising, but seem to have mislaid my motivation.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I haven't been very active recently, but I have been reading along. Am struggling a bit at the moment, for no particular reason. I really need to get back to exercising, but seem to have mislaid my motivation.

Me too! Hopefully now that stitches are out and I am green lighted to exercise again I'll get my mojo back. Anything I can do to help?
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Charlie. We've had a manic party afternoon and I've just left, as I have to make the drive back to London tonight. He's had a brilliant day and is busy telling everyone he's 3.

That is so cute!!! Nowadays when my daughter meets new people, the first thing she says is 'I am five.'

My friend Heather's daughter is 4 and introduces herself, "My name is Maggie Lucille and I am a leader."

That's adorable. Hope that child becomes a CEO one day.

Thinking good-dog thoughts for Sadie, @ShibaEars, sending some relaxing post-party vives over to @orangesmartie, feeling proud of @pofoster21 for a major trouser victory, and hoping that @KylerJaye's bad-date luck turns around a bit.

I've read everything but I haven't been feeling super chatty lately, my apologies if I missed out replying to anyone else with a big victory or difficulty!

I'm still over here running up and down stairs and shrinking out of my darn clothes, but not much else is new in my world. We leave for Peru on September 5 and I think I'll be in good trekking shape as long as the altitude doesn't hit me too hard. I can manage up to 200 flights of stairs in one workout and I've done a few 5K runs at about 9:45 min/mile without really feeling winded, so I think 18 km days of hiking shouldn't be toooo challenging considering that I've done 14-15 km just with normal walking and the stair workout on a few different days.

It's good to hear from you! Sounds like you're going to do fine on your trek trip.

I think Maggie Lucille may run the country one day, if she wants to. It's a bit exhausting to get her to listen when your plan (say for Sunday School) isn't the same as her plan. "Maggie, I know you are *a* leader, but in this room, I am *the* leader and we follow *my* plan." She makes quite convincing arguments that one should do it her way. There's never a dull moment in Heather's house.

I know w girl like this, and sorry, but I think she's a brat. A spoiled little brat. I'm not saying Maggie Lucille IS, but this other little girl definitely IS!!! She's one of those kids that knows more than you do, always has the "right" answer, and is sure you're not doing things right. I can't stand that little twerp.

Sorry, I got carried away...

Maggie is not a brat; she's just very smart and wants to know.why. The second class, I told her that we have to follow my plan so that we can finish our lesson in an hour and be ready when parents come back. She's been fine since then. Like most kids, she needs a routine, she just doesn't know it.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    peleroja I hope your trek goes so well! You have trained very well for it and I can't wait to see the pics!
    @ShibaEars How's Sadie? been thinking of you and your mom today. I hope she's feeling better.

Thanks for thinking of us! Sadie is at home, and last I heard she ate a bit this morning so that's a good sign, I think. She's on a few different medications and isn't completely out of the woods yet, but I'm hopeful she'll stay strong.
    Good news about Sadie - I hope she continues to improve.

Thanks for your thoughts Jenni. My sister is doing pretty well. She looks and feels fine, which of course can be dangerous when you have to rest. She's trying to make sure she does that. Unfortunately the oil in her eye is making things very blurry, and that's not likely to resolve until the oil is removed (6 weeks - ish) so I don't know whether she'll be allowed to drive.

Glad to hear your sis is doing better. She actually crossed my mind more than once this weekend
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

Me too! Hopefully now that stitches are out and I am green lighted to exercise again I'll get my mojo back. Anything I can do to help?

Yay! Glad the stitches are out!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

Great to hear your stitches our out! Any big races coming up?
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    NSV: I know it's not totally accurate, but when I tested my body fat% at the Y in February, it was 26.3. Tonight it was 25.3% Recomp.is happening!!!!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

*raises hand* Me three. :-/
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Like some of you, I have not felt especially chatty recently, feeling like I don't really have anything of value to share.

I will say this though, I think I might have some sort of anxiety disorder. I hadn't been to church for about 4 or 5 weeks, but finally went Sunday and I felt very nervous and uneasy the whole time. I purposely went late so I wouldn't have to talk to anyone and I sat by myself, as Mr. Mo and Rachael were teaching in the back. I've known most of these people for close to 5 years. Why do I still not feel comfortable around them?!

NSV:
    I dead lifted 105 lbs. last night, squatted 65 lbs. (didn't feel like hunting for the weights to do the suggested 60 lbs.), and OHP was 50. I still hate OHP and feel so incredibly weak barely being able to lift that stupid bar and 2.5 lb. weights on each side above my head.

I was really irritated at the gym last night because some jerk was hogging the power rack for like 25 minutes and everything else was being used too. I had to do my warm up squats on the stupid Smith machine. I told Mr. Mo last night, I can't sit in the gym waiting for people all the time. Something's going to have to change. I fear we may have to start lifting in the mornings, which means less sleep for me.

I was also irritated with Mr. Mo because he took some Aftershock last night after working out and was still wide awake at midnight eating pretzels in bed. I accused him of finding the loudest possible thing he could find to eat. I'm not nice when I'm tired.

|Sorry you are feeling this way!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I could use some positive thoughts today. My mom's 10 year old Shih Tzu, Sadie, had to go in to the emergency vet on Saturday morning. They found she had an obstruction in her intestines. Yesterday afternoon they were able to get it out, but there was a lot of bleeding because it has cut up her insides. And of course now there is the risk of infection. My mom would only be allowed to take her home today if Sadie would eat. My mom went at noon, it's now 2:00 and she's still there :disappointed: I'm hoping she will be able to come home today, I know my mom will be devastated if Sadie doesn't make it.

Oh no! I'm so sorry. I'm sending good thoughts your way and Sadie's way. Your poor mom! I lost my sweet 1 1/2 year old cat earlier this year to an emergency type situation and I'm still mourning him. I hope Sadie gets well and is able to come home soon. Hugs!

May I ask what happened? That is so young!

He had a fully obstructed urethra and an ultrasound showed several other stones in his bladder (that were not the cause of the that specific blockage, but would definitely cause future painful, emergent blockages). The surgery to relieve the blockage wasn't actually sure to work....some cats reblock immediately. He was in such pain and would've had a life of frequent trips to the emergency vet for ICU treatment and multiple surgeries. So I made the heartbreaking decision to euthanize him. I still feel so bad for the whole thing... I loved him so, so much.

ETA: Ooops - I think @Italian_Buju was asking what happened with Sadie. Sorry for jumping in with my sad story!

I did mean you, but was interested in hearing about Sadie as well!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

I will keep sending positive vibes!!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Is that a thrift store or a regular department store?
    It's called a discount store online. I've never had any luck with thrift stores.

Is it just the time of year? :/ It seems like everyone's feeling down or at least not 100%.

Glad to see you're cleared for exercise @pofoster21

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I didn't get to do SL tonight, but we unloaded the first of the new weights. All the plates, some dumbells, olympic dumbell bars, curl bar and stuff. It was heavy enough, plus we moved the other machine out of the garage. That had two 250lb weight stacks we had to move. Enough heavy stuff for me!! That counts.

It most certainly does!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    NSV: I know it's not totally accurate, but when I tested my body fat% at the Y in February, it was 26.3. Tonight it was 25.3% Recomp.is happening!!!!

Nice!

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Like some of you, I have not felt especially chatty recently, feeling like I don't really have anything of value to share.

I will say this though, I think I might have some sort of anxiety disorder. I hadn't been to church for about 4 or 5 weeks, but finally went Sunday and I felt very nervous and uneasy the whole time. I purposely went late so I wouldn't have to talk to anyone and I sat by myself, as Mr. Mo and Rachael were teaching in the back. I've known most of these people for close to 5 years. Why do I still not feel comfortable around them?!

NSV:
    I dead lifted 105 lbs. last night, squatted 65 lbs. (didn't feel like hunting for the weights to do the suggested 60 lbs.), and OHP was 50. I still hate OHP and feel so incredibly weak barely being able to lift that stupid bar and 2.5 lb. weights on each side above my head.

I was really irritated at the gym last night because some jerk was hogging the power rack for like 25 minutes and everything else was being used too. I had to do my warm up squats on the stupid Smith machine. I told Mr. Mo last night, I can't sit in the gym waiting for people all the time. Something's going to have to change. I fear we may have to start lifting in the mornings, which means less sleep for me.

I was also irritated with Mr. Mo because he took some Aftershock last night after working out and was still wide awake at midnight eating pretzels in bed. I accused him of finding the loudest possible thing he could find to eat. I'm not nice when I'm tired.

1. You will always hate OHP. I still do and I have 5kg both sides. Until I have 10's I feel like a weakling
    2. I know how you feel about the waiting. I go on my lunch break and I have a strict hour to fit it all in, if someone is taking their time with something I get REALLY pissy.
    3. I'm not nice when I'm tiered or hungry. SO knows this but still likes to push the boundaries. I think that's what they do.

Today is a new day right?

P.S. I can't help you with the anxiety thing, bit out of my depth there. :#
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options

gq8qbs2xfkcf.jpg