Week 1 - 30 Day Shred (June 1st Group)

Options

Replies

• kmcgrath1
    kmcgrath1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi All - Thanks for doing this...this is great. Forgot my measurements at home so I'll post them tomorrow.

I am doing the 30 Day Shred every other day...so yesterday was my Day 2...that B*tch!!! I wanted to kill her...LOL I hate those side lunges and lateral arm raises! That is the worst...the only thing that I am dreading more than that is the mountain climbers on level 2 or 3!

Well...I survived it and it was a little bit easier than the first time so it does get better. I actually rode the bike for 20 min afterwords just to cool down. LOL
  • angie_pangie
    angie_pangie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 2! Feels so good.

I am rotating level 2 and 3 every 5 days. I think I sweat more doing level 2 but level 3 feels more effective. (?!) lol I may even do some level 1 tonight to see how much easier it is now than when I first did the shred.
  • SandersWifey
    SandersWifey Posts: 387
    Options
    I did day 1 yesterday...and am I the only one who was absolutely starving during the evening?
    OMG I was too!! I thought it was weird because I don't usually get that hungry! But girl I was starving!!
  • SandersWifey
    Options
    How do we log 30 day shred in exercise????
    Log it as circuit training.
  • olso2255
    olso2255 Posts: 15
    Options
    I wanna play! Starting weight: 178!
  • lexiwho
    lexiwho Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 yesterday...and am I the only one who was absolutely starving during the evening?
    OMG I was too!! I thought it was weird because I don't usually get that hungry! But girl I was starving!!

I did day 2 yesterday and I felt like I hadn't eaten ALL day. I can't wait to get a HRM so I can see the proper amount of calories I'm burning.
  • LaurenLynnCarter
    LaurenLynnCarter Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Day 2 I'm felling a bit sore but it will hopefully be worth every minute !
  • lillianelise
    lillianelise Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Add me please! I started yesterday.
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options

I did day 2 yesterday and I felt like I hadn't eaten ALL day. I can't wait to get a HRM so I can see the proper amount of calories I'm burning.

I did day one yesterday evening, I woke up starving this morning, ate a huge breakfast AND a snack, a huge lunch, and now, it's 4pm and i'm crazy hungry again, i'm never like this, it has to be related! A friend of mine suggested that I may actually need water and that's why I feel hungry, so i'm chugging some back just incase.
  • misssimone08
    Options
    Can i join i started June 1st
    SW: 192
    Waist: 33
    Hips: 40
  • skyenewlin
    skyenewlin Posts: 11
    Options
    I didn't get to post my measurements or workout yesterday as I was having major family issues. So I started today, and it kicked my *kitten*, hahaha for someone who used to be so fit this almost discouraged me, but I pushed through and hope to finish this 30 days! Also because of the stress of these family issues, I found I broke diet a lot and when I went to the doctor today and got weighed, I found out I gained four pounds:(

Measurements:
    Week 1 measurements
    Left Thigh: 22"
    Right Thigh: 21.5"
    Left Arm: 11"
    Right Arm: 11"
    Waist: 34"
    Hips: 38"
    Chest: 38"
    CW: 154 lbs :(
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I managed to come down with a cold, so I am postponing my start for a bit :sad:

However, here are the numbers...

Neck 14.5"
    R Wrist 6.5"
    Chest 44.8"
    Waist 40.25"
    Abdomen 45.75"
    Hips 44.5"
    R Thigh 26.5"
    R Calf 16.5"
    Weight 198.0
    % Body Fat 40.9

It hurts to type numbers that big!

Best of luck to everyone!
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Day three done today, woohoo I cant wait to take measurements again next week.
  • lexiwho
    Options
    I did day one yesterday evening, I woke up starving this morning, ate a huge breakfast AND a snack, a huge lunch, and now, it's 4pm and i'm crazy hungry again, i'm never like this, it has to be related! A friend of mine suggested that I may actually need water and that's why I feel hungry, so i'm chugging some back just incase.

Oh yea, I make sure to keep myself well hydrated these days. I think I hit 14 cups today, haha.

I did day 3 today on level one and it's getting a smidge easier. Man, being at 257 makes it nearly impossible for me to do some of the exercises due to my belly but I do what I can. The main one that gives me trouble is the bicycle crunches.
  • meggyannpt
    meggyannpt Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I wasn't too sore far after Day 1, but after Day 2 level 1 this morning I'm sore! The arm stuff is brutal, but I need to get my scrawny arms in shape.

Looking forward to shopping for some new clothes July 1st :happy:
  • lexiwho
    Options
    I wasn't too sore far after Day 1, but after Day 2 level 1 this morning I'm sore! The arm stuff is brutal, but I need to get my scrawny arms in shape.

Looking forward to shopping for some new clothes July 1st :happy:

Oh man, the squat and lifts KILL me. It takes every ounce of my strength to finish them and my arms are quivering the whole time. Poor little (metaphorically) arms, never stood a chance.
  • barbiegirluk
    barbiegirluk Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Can I join too? I started in 28 May, did four days - couldn't do weds and thurs because of personal reasons. From today I will think I am on day 3.
  • bluespring
    bluespring Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm just following along with you all.
    I've been doing 30 DS since May 1...just going along at my own pace.
    I spent 3 weeks on level 1...and am on my second week of level 2. It's going to be more of a...60 day shred for me..:wink:
    She does say to go to the next level...when you're ready.
    I really like it.
    I'm getting stronger....and that's the best feeling.
    Good luck everyone!
    :bigsmile:
  • ShrinkingStephanie
    Options
    Day 4 yesterday for me. Amazingly the muscle pain is going away. I can walk down the stairs properly now! Only did about half the work out yesterday as my son decided he wanted to sit on my stomach every time we were on the floor! I finally had to just give it up when, out of no where my father in law showed up at the door! I hate unexpected guests! What am I supposed to do? Jump around huffing and puffing, sweating buckets while my FIL sits on the couch watching? I'm planning on getting a full work out today: 22 minutes of this and 55 min of Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. I was going to go buy it, but I found it free on Time Warner on demand!

Wish me luck!

Should have recorded my stats earlier as after 4 days I know I've changed but here we go:

Hips:46
    Bust:44.5
    Waist:40
    Left Arm:15
    Right Arm:15
    Left Thigh:28.5
    Right Thigh:28.5
    Left Calf:19.5
    Right Calf:18.75
    Neck:13.75

CW: 245
    Body Fat %: 41.2
  • SandersWifey
    Options
    Finished day 3 of level 1 this morning!!!! And I have to say it felt like it went by quiker and was easier!!!! I am still really sore, but it seems to be getting better!
    :bigsmile: