Small But Super Helpful Habits

Options

Replies

• mommyvudu
    mommyvudu Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Cutting out alcohol completely. Not keeping high temptation foods in the house. And subbing peanut butter with peanut powder (PB2 brand) for less fat and way less calories!!!
  • uandmepal
    uandmepal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Logging everything

That really does make a difference!
  • hugheseva
    hugheseva Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I found taking my weight (say 160) and dividing by two (80) and drinking at least that many ounces of water a day helped tremendously.

I am not getting excessive water drinking. Water in this quantity will flush out a huge amount of water-soluble nutrients, which, of course can be countered by popping supplements. Anything in exaggeration is somewhat bad for your body. Even the widely suggested 8 cups of water may be much as fruits and vegis contain lost of water.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Water water water... 9 out of every 10 times I think I'm hungry.... I'm actually thirsty.

Oh and it doesn't matter when you eat as long as you're in a deficit.
  • hugheseva
    hugheseva Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    hugheseva wrote: »
    I found taking my weight (say 160) and dividing by two (80) and drinking at least that many ounces of water a day helped tremendously.

I am not getting excessive water drinking. Water in this quantity will flush out a huge amount of water-soluble nutrients, which, of course can be countered by popping supplements. Anything in exaggeration is somewhat bad for your body. Even the widely suggested 8 cups of water may be much as fruits and vegis contain lost of water.

Meant lots of water...not "lost"
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I have a ways to go but a few things that feel like they help with health:
    1. eat veggies first at every meal
    2. add veggies to breakfast sometimes
    3. I started riding my bike for most destinations within 5ish miles of home. It is like free exercise!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Ridiculous thread keeps on going
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Pre logging helps me a lot.

Oddly, also I'm one of those people for whom the whole "you might be confusing hunger for thirst" is actually true.

On the days I remember to drink my 8glasses of water and other liquids I'm way less hungry and likelier to hit my cal and macro goals. When I find myself overeating and recall my hydration, I've usually been pretty lax that day about the water, tea, and juices that usually make up part of my day.
  • amoynoodle
    amoynoodle Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Always always have snacks and water with me when I'm out and about. Buy yourself a nice, pretty refillable water bottle and keep that thing next to you at all times. I make sure to have some "emergency" snacks with me all the time too. I like stuff with a long shelf life so i dont have to worry about it rotting in my bag! haha. So i usually have stuff like nuts (pre-portioned in a little pot), beef biltong (jerkey), quest bars, raw health bars (like Nakd or rude health ones), etc etc. I love knowing i have my snacks if needs be! :)
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Tea and water instead of Pepsi. More exercise etc
  • Giolis
    Giolis Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Sugar free gum. I use it to get over cravings. I have packets of it everywhere, in the car, office and home. It really helps. For me it also needs to be mint flavored, fruit or other flavors make the cravings worse. I buy in bulk.
  • VoyToy318
    VoyToy318 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have found myself going over my cals for the day a couple times a week...nothing drastic (65 cals the highest), but over just the same. I am fairly lucky that I move quite a bit during my workday (on my feet 40+ hours a week), and have unlimited access to healthy fare. I have several loose/missing/sensitive teeth so many raw, cold, chewy or crunchy food items get passed over on my daily log. I'm good to go UNTIL I GET HOME. I'm not the one that does the cooking there, so you might be able to imagine what goes on at dinnertime. It can get pretty stressful at times, and sometimes I don't even eat, at which point I get the MFP nasty-gram about not eating enough calories. I usually reserve workouts for days that I don't work because I'm dead-tired on days that I do.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I just got this stand for my laptop so whan I am at the computer, I am not sittling for long periods of time. Now I have to figure out what to do with my chair. :):s
    zs6zmwfag2ur.jpg
  • jarrahm133
    jarrahm133 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yes I agree with most of these
    Also:
    Find healthy foods that are still delicious and feel like a treat eg- strawberries are my favourite snack now and they are really low in calories.
    Sign up for exercise classes, don't leave it up to you to exercise because you know you won't want to. If you have made a commitment to fitness classes you are more likely to go even if you aren't in the mood.
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    MrsMizart wrote: »
    Don't buy elasticated trousers even if they are a smaller size- they will fool you!

Clean your teeth straight after dinner, then you won't want any more food (doesn't go well with the mintiness of toothpaste!).

Chew your food properly. Makes it last longer, tastes better, and makes you feel full sooner and longer.

As well as weighing all foods that aren't pre-weighed, buy smaller dinner plates - works wonders for portion control :smiley:

I allow myself enough calories for a prime time snack

• christine82728
    christine82728 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    One Thing I try to do is log my food for the whole day when in the morning. I plan out what I want and stick to it. Obviously this can't be done every day, but I try to plan out as much as I can before I eat it!
  • dansing83
    dansing83 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Move more! I go for a walk during my 15 min break at work and when I use the restroom I go to the farthest one from my office. Walk my dogs every day after work. Take weight lifting class on weekends. Switched from low fat to regular foods like yogurt. When I crave chocolate have one piece of dark. Very satisfying. Watch what foods I bring into my house. If I buy cookies and eat a few but don't really crave the whole box I throw them away. Better the garbage than my body.
  • laydaoliva
    laydaoliva Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    epf82061 wrote: »
    I have a problem with drive thrus, especially if I'm on a trip. Now, I put my purse in the trunk. Problem solved.
    So smart!
  • lady6starlight
    lady6starlight Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I've found that washing my plate or bowl immediately after eating keeps me from grabbing a second helping :)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    MrsMizart wrote: »
    Don't buy elasticated trousers even if they are a smaller size- they will fool you!

I just about only wear spandex. Maybe they give, but you would definitely know if your size changed. B):#<3;):o