The New "No more late night snacks challenge"

Options
zaza54
zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
Dewpearl originally started this great challenge, but it seems to have died off. Since we just started a new year, made new (or old) resolutions and have members who have just joined mfp, I thought I'd renew her challenge.
First, determine what time works best for you as a cut-off time after which NO MORE SNACKS.
Then, count each day that you stick with it, and we'll see who gets the most consecutive days for the month of January. If you go past your cut-off time, you have to go back to Day 1 and start all over again.
To illustrate, my cut-off time is 9:30 pm since I usually got to bed between 11:30 pm and midnight. On special occasions, when I plan to be out past 11:30 pm, I postpone my cut-off time to 11:30 p.m.
Anyone up to the challenge?

Replies

• zaza54
    Options
    Dewpearl originally started this great challenge, but it seems to have died off. Since we just started a new year, made new (or old) resolutions and have members who have just joined mfp, I thought I'd renew her challenge.
    First, determine what time works best for you as a cut-off time after which NO MORE SNACKS.
    Then, count each day that you stick with it, and we'll see who gets the most consecutive days for the month of January. If you go past your cut-off time, you have to go back to Day 1 and start all over again.
    To illustrate, my cut-off time is 9:30 pm since I usually got to bed between 11:30 pm and midnight. On special occasions, when I plan to be out past 11:30 pm, I postpone my cut-off time to 11:30 p.m.
    Anyone up to the challenge?
  • ticky
    ticky Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great idea!
    I was just thinking about this earlier today. My cut off time will be 7:00. I did this once before and was pretty sucessful.
    Thanks for the challenge
  • zaza54
    Options
    Glad to have some company.:smile: Good luck.
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I'm on board!

My cut off time is going to be 7pm as well.
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    ok My cutoff time will be 7 pm also which will start tomorrow because I had some nuts earlier tonight.

Connie
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    my cut off time will be after 8 as well
  • zaza54
    Options
    Good morning-
    Thanks for joining me in this challenge. :happy:
    I'm not going to count last night since I didn't post til late - this way we can all start together. So tonight will be Day 1 for all of us. No snacking past our stated times! I'll check later to see how everyone is doing. Have a great day.:flowerforyou:
    Zaza
  • fitnessisfun
    Options
    Hi I am new here, it's been about a week. I love the whole program. Is it too late for me to get in on this ? I need the accoutability and would love the support. If it's not too late for me to join I'll say my cut off wil also be 7pm. I hope to hear from someone soon!!
  • zaza54
    Options
    It's never too late. The more the merrier. Looking forward to touching base later. Zaza
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a good challenge for me. My cutoff time will be 7:00 p.m.
    Thanks.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Say I would like to try this. I am a diabetic . But will make that a healty snack.at 7 and therefore my cut off time is 7:30.This is a good idea. thanks
  • Renea101
    Options
    I am game too...my cut off time needs to be 9:30. I also don't get bedtime until almost midnight. Thanks for the challenge.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Okay.... I get to bed around 11:30 - midnight so my cutoff time is 9:30. :bigsmile: UNLESS I haven't had dinner yet (entirely possible at this house because sometimes I get home late) in which case I will have dinner but no snacking...
  • Julie1984
    Options
    Ok, I'll join this challenge. Late evening snacking is my biggest problem, lately. My cutoff time is 9:30pm, since I sometimes go to bed pretty late. Good luck everyone.
  • gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Count me in!

My cut off time nees to be 8, since I'm prone to very late nights!
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Now since I made this commitment I have someone who just called and wants to drop by to visit for a few minutes but sometimes that ends up to be an hour or so - now my cut off time might be my dinner time:happy: If so that's okay I'll just not snack after that anyway.
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Day 1 for me and it is after 9 pm here. As of right now I dont want a snack and I am pretty tired so hopefully I will go to bed before I do. I had an early dinner though because we had cubscouts at 6 and then my son had basketball practice at 7:30 so I just got home. I think I had 2 little cubes of cheese at scouts but that was before 7. So far so good for me.

Connie
  • zaza54
    Options
    Good job Connie. Hope everyone else can count today as Day 1.
    I've been watching TV in my bedroom - as far as I can get from the kitchen. Just got on here now to see how everyone was doing. I'm calling it a night and going to bed, happy to count today as Day 1 and to be heading in the right direction for the new year.:happy:
    Please let me know tomorrow if everyone made it to Day 1. Don't worry if you didn't; you can always try again. Good night.
    Zaza
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I did make it yesterday, but I missed my Hot latte before bed time. I may have to change my cut off till 9;00 PM for that help me have a oood night. can I change it? Also it stableizze my blood sugar and don't have to worry about a low blood sugar during t he night.
    Marie:drinker:
  • zaza54
    Options
    Absolutely you can change your cut-off time. It's very individual - we all have different schedules, habits and medical needs. The point is not to add on unnecessary calories because we're....bored, tired, etc. and our willpower is fading.