What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Had some zucchini to use so I decided to see what this zoodle craze is all about... I made a 50/50 mix of Angel hair, along with shrimp sautéed in garlic oil with red pepper etc (aglio olio). Glass of Pinot Grigio and some garlic toast...
    And? Thoughts on them zoodles?!

I just always think they look so watery, but awesome idea on doing a 50/50 split.

• ashorey87
    ashorey87 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Here are a few from the last couple of weeks.

Mushroom chicken with rice & beans
    ru1uzh02ft04.jpg

Chicken wrap & salad
    2ii2yrwkz426.jpg

Egg white scramble with avocado
    bjhund4icxsa.jpg

Fresh Seafood from my east coast trip to Nova Scotia
    bawjg7n72mzx.jpg

Tomato pork, beans, rice & corn
    rlueigl9u32r.jpg

Mushroom chicken, broccoli & rice
    0vzwdixya80j.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Had some zucchini to use so I decided to see what this zoodle craze is all about... I made a 50/50 mix of Angel hair, along with shrimp sautéed in garlic oil with red pepper etc (aglio olio). Glass of Pinot Grigio and some garlic toast...

I just always think they look so watery, but awesome idea on doing a 50/50 split.

So the tip I found online was to either roast them or dry sear them in a pan, then pat them dry before you use them. I liked the 50/50 blend but might do less pasta more zoodles next time, now that I know it works. I would probably never go all zoodles. I have a julienne peeler, not a spiralizer, but it worked pretty well.

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options

So the tip I found online was to either roast them or dry sear them in a pan, then pat them dry before you use them. I liked the 50/50 blend but might do less pasta more zoodles next time, now that I know it works. I would probably never go all zoodles. I have a julienne peeler, not a spiralizer, but it worked pretty well.

I zoodle with the hand held spiralizer all the time. Yellow summer squash or zucchini are my favorites to use. I just add the zoodles to the pan to warm them up a bit, but not really cook them through, so they are al-dente. Never thought I would like them, but I do, as long as they aren't overcooked and mushy.

• DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    @DaivaSimone congrats on the wedding and your trip (at least the food part) looks amazing!

Thanks!

Wedding was 10 months ago now, but with husband teaching all year, honeymooning was only doable in the summer. We had a blast, though! :)

@DaivaSimone Congratulations on the wedding!! Enjoy the honeymoon, it all looks fantastic!! I am drooling at the meats, cheese, and bread! And that chicken waffle eggs benedict - my God - GET IN MY BELLY!!!!!!!

On Friday, I'm heading to Savannah, GA for a weekend getaway. I will be indulging in craft beers and unholy amounts of southern foods! I can't wait! I will be sure to annoy my husband with all the food pix I will be taking and posting them. ^_^

Thanks!! :) You'll probably have the chance to eat some chicken waffle in Savannah, hope you'll enjoy.

@DaivaSimone congrats on the wedding and your trip (at least the food part) looks amazing!
    SO agree! I have been waiting on this post for awhile
    Epic :love:

Epic indeed. Drinking wine every night was amazing. (Well, actually, it was drinking beer every night while we were in Prague, then drinking wine every night. And eating cheese. And saucisson. Miam.)

• DeadsAndDoritos
    DeadsAndDoritos Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    His and her's packed lunches. Chicken and feta salad with pumpkin seeds, avocado, grapes and homemade chili-lime dressing. 510 calories.

20150816_223744_zpspsyw5rj7.jpg
  • DeadsAndDoritos
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Turkey and veg stirfry with ketjap manis and gochujang because I like to mix cuisines. 405 calories. 20150818_212613_zpsedcpu9hv.jpg
  • DeadsAndDoritos
    Options
    Falafel, feta and avocado salad with pumpkin seeds. 376 calories. 067c8b8a-3251-49e8-90c3-91a78f04ec62_zpsfuolcxb7.jpg
  • DeadsAndDoritos
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Cheddar, spinach and tomato omelette with wholemeal ciabatta and tabasco. 397 calories. 20150820_195220_zpsshpppg7v.jpg
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    4mj4thctv5v7.jpg

zucchini zoodle baked ziti
  • hazelwhirl
    hazelwhirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My first post! Low carb, high protein and very green plus tasty. I know it looks a bit weird though. Chicken, mushrooms, garlic and parsley with chickpea and spinach sauce on raw courgette noodles and only 380cal

vjb1wxr0m0vw.jpg

• MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Nothing special but Nummy work lunches all this week. Low sodium Roast Beef wrapped around cheese (1/2 slice each roll) with veggies and strawberries for dessert. Delicious! The tomatoes and strawberries were from work, someone had a bumper crop and handed them out.
    or5ym2qhibp0.jpg
  • runwithtoppa
    runwithtoppa Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    h906d9hp13kr.jpg

Very simple Tuna pasta salad.
    wholewheat pasta, tuna flakes, diced cucumber and red pepper, mixed crunchy salad. All topped off with a sprinkling of ground flaxseed.
    nom nom nom, I couldn't eat it fast enough!
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    bean%20soup_zpsd3nm9iy3.jpg
    I am simple soup QUEEN.. :-)
  • Annr
    Options
    100_2801_zpsyvhysu83.jpg

I am Kashi Waffle master!
  • Annr
    Options
    002%203_zpszltdg9c3.jpg

I can hide an over easy egg in ANYTHING....Popeye's Egg Special!!
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Mac and cheese croquettes.
    zd9nx57j5dhd.jpg
    thge0e3yytwq.jpg
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    85dlsmhdzxic.jpg
    Quinoa with spinach, cilantro lemon garlic shrimp skewers, grilled fish with fresh peach salsa, cottage cheese and butter brown sugar carrots
  • thin2win777
    thin2win777 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Pulled pork poutine topped with a poached egg. This was so delicious!
    njdlw0dlgxfy.jpg