What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could try with carrageenan. It's another algua used fort its gellyfying properties, and food become almost soft and pliable when you use it.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could try with carrageenan. It's another algua used fort its gellyfying properties, and food become almost soft and pliable when you use it.

DaivaSimone.... I love to read your posts and pictures of your food. Your knowledge is incredible..
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    r7d4P6m.jpg?1

Burgers, aspargus, bell peppers, and zuccuhni on the grill

bVbB17X.jpg?1

Apple overnight oats

5IWYrlk.jpg?1

Strawberry overnight oats

Nmqh0a2.jpg?1

Chicken Enchiladas Suiza

FgVrztt.jpg?2

Deviled eggs

zzKUA7K.jpg?1

Grams Brownies

oiYgIBN.jpg?2

Unbaked cheesecake.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

I have iota and kappa in the cabinet, but the recipes called for gelatin + agar. Difference in a few of them was ratio of cream to gelling agents, the Alinea cookbook called for 3x as much cream as other recipes, used the one with less cream
  • anewstart1011
    anewstart1011 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I whipped up some pretty awesome tasting roast carrot "steak fries" last night! Dipped them in some hummus and they were amazing! Every bit as good as french fries, for sure.
    Recipe: http://livingdomesticallyimpaired.blogspot.com/2014/06/rosemary-parmesan-roast-carrot-steak.html

NJLfv9m.jpg?1

Nutrition Facts (per 2 slice serving):
    Calories- 65
    Fat- 2.4g
    Carbs- 7.5g
    Fiber- 1.7g
    Sugar- 5.2g
    Protein- 1.7g

Please make for me!!!!!
  • mercina22
    mercina22 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Tonight's dinner:

Slow cooker beef stew

2cijuqq.jpg

Breakfast was a fried duck egg in duck fat and bacon.

2udvol4.jpg
  • DaivaSimone
    Options

DaivaSimone.... I love to read your posts and pictures of your food. Your knowledge is incredible..

Thank you!! :blushing:
  • DaivaSimone
    Options

I have iota and kappa in the cabinet, but the recipes called for gelatin + agar. Difference in a few of them was ratio of cream to gelling agents, the Alinea cookbook called for 3x as much cream as other recipes, used the one with less cream

You should try to make deconstructed lemon pie with the same technique. I would be a buyer! ;)
  • johannacorrea3079
    Options
    Hos can i Add a tracking bar to my profile please :smile:
  • kaika_dragon
    kaika_dragon Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc377/kaikadragon/20140714_135223.jpg

I have no idea how to post photos, so hopefully this link works.
    I had a chicken artichoke sandwich today for lunch, made with leftover chicken breast, artichoke hearts (well drained), a tiny bit of lettuce, neufchatel cheese, and garlic powder. And bread, of course.
    Accompanying it are 12 fresh sweet cherries, and a caramel rice cake. The meal is about 620 calories, total. Sorry for the half eaten sandwich. I was very hungry.
  • TheNoLeafClover
    TheNoLeafClover Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc377/kaikadragon/20140714_135223.jpg

I have no idea how to post photos, so hopefully this link works.
    I had a chicken artichoke sandwich today for lunch, made with leftover chicken breast, artichoke hearts (well drained), a tiny bit of lettuce, neufchatel cheese, and garlic powder. And bread, of course.
    Accompanying it are 12 fresh sweet cherries, and a caramel rice cake. The meal is about 620 calories, total. Sorry for the half eaten sandwich. I was very hungry.

Use this format (without the spaces): [ img ] image link [ /img ]

i7DM.jpg
  • Princess71117
    Princess71117 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hardcore BUMP! Everything looks delish!
  • DaivaSimone
    Options
    Homemade greek salad and grilled chicken in souvlaki marinade. And, because I felt sad and depress, BF added some carbs in my plate, in the form of those two pieces of bread to dip in our most luxuous olive oil.

134053IMG20140714210346.jpg
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    peri peri chicken and rice
    IMG_20140713_192322.jpg

satay chicken and veg
    IMG_20140714_201830.jpg
  • pennyjwills
    pennyjwills Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    www.instagram.com/fatfashionablefoodie :)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    tex mex sriracha chicken and satay peanut cauli rice with enoki mushrooms
    IMG_20140715_150420.jpg
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Holy cow Acg67 - if you start getting into dessert making then I WILL have to come and kidnap you.....lol
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Not quite as I had planned but,

Garlic parm gougeres, chicken cutlet, burrata, prosciutto chip

IMG_20140715_184522.jpg
  • DaivaSimone
    Options
    Burrata is clearly one of my favorite thing in the world! Never tought of putting it in a sandwich, though.
  • DaivaSimone
    Options
    Lamb moussaka with greek yogourt sauce and kefalotyri cheese.

963817IMG20140715210453.jpg