Off day fo me today, 263 burned.
  • MaddameKat
    MaddameKat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Ok so yesterday was 1008 for me :) yay
  • hyper588
    hyper588 Posts: 28
    Options
    1025 for me (two new classes--body step and body pump--and a nice outside walk).

Today I'm planning a two-a-day...100 minutes water this morning and 120 minutes of line dance lessons in the evening, plus an ab and leg weight workout...should be good for 1300 calories. GOOD LUCK everyone!!!
  • purple_punk
    purple_punk Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    888/2500 at the moment going to the the same today maybe more if i can push myself!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I started out with 767 burned yesterday at Zumba & an hour of walking. 24,233 to go! :bigsmile:
  • fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Options
    I'm in!! :)

Start Weight: 177.5

Calories Burned: 448/25,000
  • wannabahotmom
    Options
    From yesterday and today so far I've got 1013. I'm hoping to get another 4 or 5 hundred in this afternoon!
  • bmramsey0614
    bmramsey0614 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    June 1st--1026 Cals Burned
  • karlz87
    karlz87 Posts: 37
    Options
    SW 145lbs
    Calories burned today 535.. not a great start :(
    Good luck everyone :)
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    SW 145lbs
    Calories burned today 535.. not a great start :(
    Good luck everyone :)

Um, ANY amount burned is a GREAT start!! Don't be down on yourself!! Keep at it, you're doing fantastic!
  • Pixie182
    Pixie182 Posts: 1
    Options
    This sounds like fun motivation that I could definitely use!

SW 139
    GW 125
  • kevandkeira
    kevandkeira Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    1240 calories burned today.
    This was my 1st day using a polar HRM, I did the same routine I usually do at the gym which according to the machines I usually burn between 500-600, but my HRM put it at 1000 (burnt the other 240 doing 30 day shred).
  • MaddameKat
    MaddameKat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone so far! i'm 50 cal short for today, but just happy that i moved my bum off the sofa :D

I only get a hour or two once i get home to workout.. anyone found anything fun that gives them a great burn?
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone so far! i'm 50 cal short for today, but just happy that i moved my bum off the sofa :D

I only get a hour or two once i get home to workout.. anyone found anything fun that gives them a great burn?

ZUMBA!!! :bigsmile:
  • swimstacy
    swimstacy Posts: 9
    Options
    I am willing to give it a shot. I don't count my everyday calories. I am a swim instructor for a living and live an active life. I recently had surgery and gained a ton of weight. Sitting around and eating pie did it. Lol. Anyway, I am motivated to lose it now. Don't think I can do the full 25,000 but willing to give it a shot to see what I can do in a month.

So far...
    Biking and swimming on Tuesday May 31st I burned 411.
    Wednesdays bike ride burned 376. I worked a 12 hour day and was spend after just that.

Unfortunately at this rate I will barely do half the challenge but I got to start somewhere. My new goal is 120 by next August but I would like to see 140 by this one.
  • jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I,M yet to start but will be.
  • hyper588
    hyper588 Posts: 28
    Options
    I,M yet to start but will be.

Girl you better get moving! :tongue:

I've got 3,200 burned already!
  • junemary_s
    junemary_s Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me the best way to count your exercise calories? I figured that I'd have to expend over 800 calories daily to make the goal and I'm worried about the days I can't meet that daily goal. I plan to have a long running session with a friend on the next two days but I'm already short starting. Do we count working or only the time used to exercise?
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me the best way to count your exercise calories? I figured that I'd have to expend over 800 calories daily to make the goal and I'm worried about the days I can't meet that daily goal. I plan to have a long running session with a friend on the next two days but I'm already short starting. Do we count working or only the time used to exercise?

A HRM is the best way. If you can not afford one then I would take MFP measurement and reduce it by about 10-15% it tends to run a little high
  • wannabahotmom
    Options
    Just ordered my Polar FT4 HRM! So excited :bigsmile: