Replies

• mandync5497
    mandync5497 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    So- my program has races scheduled for me- apparently this weekend is a race weekend- I just found this

https://raceroster.com/events/2015/6107/tough-mother-5k-and-fun-walk

and it's free- they probably take donations- but still- I'll take that!!! it's pretty close to me to- Only 25 minutes away. Go me.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @ohhim glad the rash is getting better
    @_nikkiwolf_ and @shell1005 I'm torn between winter and summer running. I ran all last winter down to 5 degrees, but this Jersey Girl's blood has thinned in the 8 years I've lived in the South LOL I like being able to get up throw on minimal clothes and go.
    @mwyvr great pictures, awesome job on the Grind. Wow!
    @shanaber and all thanks Skip's eye is okay, by 5:00 Saturday night all the swelling was gone and she didn't mentioned it again
    @cancersurvivor2014 fantastic PR on the 5 miler
    @elise4270 slow is still out there go forward like you said. You amaze me that you get out there, awesome all the time.
    @juliet3455 Awesome on the Tri - ouch on the knee
    @ruqayyahsmum I have not advice on the migraines, sorry they sound so painful
    @7lenny7 great runs. Love the pictures, I need to find nicer places to run.
    @ctdebbie try a flipbelt for running. I use my Garmin 15 for tracking and uploading my runs so I don't really carry much, I just an iPod Nano for music when I run without Skip. I have a belt that I used during a HM I'd have to look at whose it is I like it and if you make it tight enough it works great, very comfortable. I only used it to take my iPod Touch with me but something ran amuck and my music died so it was a waste to have it with me.
    @stoshew71 thisclose to your 200. You are killing it this month

Took a rest day today since the last 2 days runs were horrible. Thought I'd break the cycle. I tried Saturday to set up and account for Skip on my Garmin Connect so she could download her runs, it put everything on my runs. So I deleted her runs and got an account under her email set up. It would download her runs, but downloaded mine, so I deleted mine only to find out it then deleted them off my account (WHAT?!). So both our runs are gone. I sync'd after yesterday's run and got that off the watch but that was it. I'm going to have to manually add them back in. UGH!

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Took a rest day today since the last 2 days runs were horrible. Thought I'd break the cycle. I tried Saturday to set up and account for Skip on my Garmin Connect so she could download her runs, it put everything on my runs. So I deleted her runs and got an account under her email set up. It would download her runs, but downloaded mine, so I deleted mine only to find out it then deleted them off my account (WHAT?!). So both our runs are gone. I sync'd after yesterday's run and got that off the watch but that was it. I'm going to have to manually add them back in. UGH!

When I've had problems like that (not on Garmin Connect, but on something unrelated), I used a different browser completely to set up the second account so the cookies wouldn't interfere with each other. I think some browsers will let you switch identities, but using a complete different browser was easier for me to keep straight.

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @stoshew71 thisclose to your 200. You are killing it this month

Thanks. I may need a cutback week this week. This morning's run was very sluggish and I feel very sore. I ran pretty hard on my 18 miler this past Saturday. I thought the rest day yesterday would do it, but apparently not good enough. This is how I hurt myself earlier this late spring by not listening to my body. All in good timing I guess since Jennifer is supposed to do the Running of the Bulls 5K this Saturday.

• 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    01-Aug: 6.48 miles; 3.21 miles (walk)
    02-Aug: 6.58 miles
    03-Aug: 6.56 miles; 2.55 miles (walk)
    04-Aug: 3.26 miles
    05-Aug: <Life Day>
    06-Aug: 3.18 miles
    07-Aug: 6.48 miles
    08-Aug: 6.51 miles
    09-Aug: 4.10 miles
    10-Aug: 4.12 miles
    11-Aug: 4.20 miles
    12-Aug: 1 mile (walk on dreadmill)
    13-Aug: 4.05 miles
    14-Aug: 4.02 miles
    15-Aug: 6.48 miles
    16-Aug: 4.16 miles
    17-Aug: 6.49 miles
    18-Aug: 4.13 miles
    19-Aug: <Life Day>
    20-Aug: 4.09 miles
    21-Aug: 4.14 miles
    22-Aug: 6.51 miles
    23-Aug: 4.46 miles
    24-Aug: 4.20 miles

BTW - be careful that your Life Day doesn't become LIFE DAY (a la Star Wars Holiday Special: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Holiday_Special)

FOOTBALL is coming....
    exercise.png
  • dstock80
    dstock80 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Aug 21: 3.13 miles
    Aug 22: 2 miles
    Aug 23: 6.14 miles

exercise.png
  • dennie24
    dennie24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Nothing exciting here. Just adding 3.02 miles. I am running for time again instead of miles since I cannot seem to make up my mind.
    exercise.png
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I did 36km this weekend for a total of 236km/146 miles. I've got 60km planned between Sat & Sun so I should be on track to reach my 350km goal this month.
  • briebee7
    briebee7 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    DATE ... MILES
    8/1 ... 16.5
    8/2 ... 10
    8/4 ... 5
    8/5 ... 8
    8/6 ... 5.25
    8/8 ... 17
    8/9 ... 6
    8/10 ... 4
    8/11 ... 5.5
    8/13 ... 5.5
    8/15 ... 13.1
    8/16 ... 10
    8/17 ... 6
    8/18 ... 5.5
    8/20 ... 9
    8/22 ... 22.5
    8/23 ... 5

153.85 done/200 goal

Rest day today but I needed to update my mileage from this weekend.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    I shared these 2 posts on my FB Running page this morning. Thought I share it with the group.

This is is all about cutback weeks and a prospective from a great marathon runner Ryan Hall:
    http://www.runnersworld.com/race-training/the-most-effective-way-to-use-down-weeks

And this one is abour runners over 40:
    http://athlinks.wpengine.com/over-40-or-new-to-running-you-still-have-hope/

My FB page:
    https://www.facebook.com/therunningstan
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    First two-a-day in the books. Feels good to have them done, but during that second run everything really sucked *kitten*.

8/1 - 10 miles
    8/2 - 12 miles (22 miles total)
    8/4 - 8 miles (30 total)
    8/5 - 12 miles (42 miles total)
    8/6 - 8 miles (50 miles total)
    8/9 - 20 miles (70 miles total)
    8/12 - 16 miles (86 miles total)
    8/19 - 12 miles (98 total)
    8/22 - 20 miles (118 total)
    8/24 - 4 tempo and 4 easy miles (126 total)

Goal 220 miles

exercise.png

• HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    HonuNui wrote: »
    ctdebbie wrote: »
    While there is one week left in this challenge, I am going to set a goal of 20 miles and creating a ticker.

I am very impressed by many of the distances logged here! 20 miles will be ambitious for me.

Can anyone recommend a way to carry my cellphone and keys with me when I run. I have an iPhone 6 with a Life Proof case and I bought an armband that the phone and case will not fit in. Any ideas?
    I bought a fabric/pull-on waistband thingy off Amazon: you stuff your phone inside, it has a ring to which I attached a caribiner for my key(s). Magic
    http://www.amazon.com/activities-Non-Bounce-experience-Traditional-reversible/dp/B00RYL0WTC/ref=pd_sim_200_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=06AYDPHK6FD594362PRS

how do you run with that not bouncing "up" because I'm pretty sure that would just start bouncing all over on me!!!

My solution prior to half training was stuff my phone in my bra. Now I have an armband and I put it in there- the key is on a carbiner and either goes in the pocket- or snaps to a bra strap and stuffed in the bra.

Actually it doesn't move at all: stays in place nicely. Skippygirlsmom mentioned the flipbelt: similar (but I'm cheap, so I bought the knockoff....). My phone is also dust/waterproof, so I have no fear of it getting wet from rain or sweat, but the belt itself is NOT waterproof, and one needs to take that into consideration.

• Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Got in a final 8 mile run with friends this morning as I'm returning to the hot south in an hour. Baseball team went 5-2 on this homestand, so happy I came north for it.

Looks like I'm only 21 miles short for hitting my target in my final week, so I'll see where I finish as I need to make up about 180 miles to hit my cycling challenge target and another 4 miles in the pool for the multi-sport challenge.

8/1 - 3 miles
    8/2 - 6 miles
    8/4 - 12 miles
    8/5 - 5.5 miles
    8/6 - 8 miles (w. 8x800s @ 6:22 pace)
    8/8 - 3 miles (sprint triathlon 5k @ 7:03 pace)
    8/10 - 9.5 miles
    8/11 - 3 mile
    8/13 - 1 mile
    8/16 - 5 mile
    8/17 - 7 mile
    8/18 - 8 mile
    8/19 - 8 mile
    8/20 - 8 mile
    8/21 - 8.5 mile
    8/22 - 3.5 mile
    8/23 - 12 miles
    8/24 - 8 miles

Total: 119 miles
    Goal: 140 miles
    Remaining: 21 miles
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    My July goal was 30 miles and I hit that. I think I will shoot for 35 for August.

8/2 - 3.5mi. PR for distance Woohoo! According to my GPS I went 3.5 but according to the trail map I did 3.7 miles. I am going with my GPS since I always use the same one when I run so any errors should be consistent. Walking up to get ice cream with son and dog later so that will be another 3 miles but I will not include it in my monthly total.
    8/4 - 3.6mi. Another PR! I went for a run on my break at work because I was falling asleep at my desk, don't tell the boss, and I ended up completing the run in 50 minutes which is what it took me to run 5k last month in the heat and humidity. I learned that my ideal pace right now is about a 13 minute pace so I was able to cut out most of the walk breaks except for walking up the big hill at the end of trail. (Why is there always a big hill at the end of a run?)
    8/6 - 3.5mi. Got up at 6:30am on my day off for a beautiful cool morning run with Neeko. Kept my average pace at 13:14 which seems to be ideal for me but I will admit my legs were tired when I was done. That hasn't happened in a while but it was a great feeling.
    8/8 - 2mi. Over did it on strength training yesterday and pushed myself to do 3 reps of 12 leg presses at 210 lbs so my legs were dead today. Even Neeko was confused when I turned around early LOL. I think I am going to try again tomorrow depending on how crazy work is and I am not sure if I want to push for 4 miles since I just stepped up to 3.5 last week. I guess I will see how I feel.
    8/10 - 1.5mi. Well yesterday didn't happen, work was insane and today it started raining and thundering when I started. Neeko and I kept going until we saw lighting but got in a fast comfortable mile and a half. No running tomorrow, I have a session with my trainer so I will try again on Wednesday for 4 miles.
    8/12 - 3.5 mi at the crack of dawn today.
    8/14 - 4.0 mi. Broke thru my glass ceiling this morning and finally made 4 miles! Woohoo! I can't believe how much my running has improved since the temperature and humidity have gone down. A few months ago I could barely make 3 miles in what it took me to run 4 today and I felt good at the end.
    8/17 - 3.0 mi Was going for 4 miles but the heat and humidity returned with a vengeance. My 3 included more walking then I wanted as it was.
    8/19 - 3.2 mi Today was the first day of school for JJ so Neeko and I were out the door at 5:15 to get our run in before I had to get him to school and me to work. At least it was nice and cool but never realized how many streets around us don't have lights.
    8/21 - 2 mi Couldn't sit still at work any longer so went for a short run. Muscle sore and tired but to much energy. Felt better when I was done.
    8/22 4.6 mi Was going to take an easy day but once I got moving I felt great. I think I could have kept going for an even 5 miles but I was in front of my house so I stopped. This has been a fabulous month for me, I am consistently adding distance to my runs. This is another PR for distance and the first one over an hour (barely at 1:01:36).
    8/24 3.1 mi Slow and sore today. Ready for a rest but I made my goal.

Completed : 37.5 mi
    To go : 0 miles
    Miles over goal : 2.5

• ctdebbie
    ctdebbie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice on what to get to carry my phone when I run.

I had to run 1 mile for crossfit this morning and shocked myself when I ran it in just over 9 minutes! Wish every mile went that fast.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    ctdebbie wrote: »
    While there is one week left in this challenge, I am going to set a goal of 20 miles and creating a ticker.

I am very impressed by many of the distances logged here! 20 miles will be ambitious for me.

Can anyone recommend a way to carry my cellphone and keys with me when I run. I have an iPhone 6 with a Life Proof case and I bought an armband that the phone and case will not fit in. Any ideas?
    I bought a fabric/pull-on waistband thingy off Amazon: you stuff your phone inside, it has a ring to which I attached a caribiner for my key(s). Magic
    http://www.amazon.com/activities-Non-Bounce-experience-Traditional-reversible/dp/B00RYL0WTC/ref=pd_sim_200_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=06AYDPHK6FD594362PRS

how do you run with that not bouncing "up" because I'm pretty sure that would just start bouncing all over on me!!!

My solution prior to half training was stuff my phone in my bra. Now I have an armband and I put it in there- the key is on a carbiner and either goes in the pocket- or snaps to a bra strap and stuffed in the bra.

Actually it doesn't move at all: stays in place nicely. Skippygirlsmom mentioned the flipbelt: similar (but I'm cheap, so I bought the knockoff....). My phone is also dust/waterproof, so I have no fear of it getting wet from rain or sweat, but the belt itself is NOT waterproof, and one needs to take that into consideration.

interesting- I'd be glad to have one- I have to take my phone out of my case and I'm sure it's wearing the case out faster than it should.
  • AlexPaige
    AlexPaige Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    8-1: 2.5 mi
    8-2: 2.62 mi
    8-5: 2.6 mi
    8-8: 2.77 mi
    8-9: 2.77
    8-12: 2.91 mi
    8-13: 2.49 mi
    8-16: 3.13 mi
    8-17: 1.15 mi
    8-18: 1.11 mi...got scary tinges of knee pain today, called it quits conveniently as my mother happened to be driving by.
    8-21: 2.53 mi...felt much better today after taking time off. My pacing was much quicker than it has been since I was about 6 weeks in c25k. Paired w/ endurance training I think this is a good sign for the future.
    8-22: 2.45 mi. Went back to W6D1 of c25k for some intervals...started out quick and burned out by the last 5 minutes. Lesson learned!
    8-23: 3.14 mi..started out pretty conservative because I was tired and realized I had way more gas than I thought...ended up negative splitting 2 minutes on my last 1k from my first. Very tired afterwards though.
    8-24: Just did a 1.75 mi recovery walk but I'm not including it in my cumulative total. Very sore yesterday after working a 9 hour shift after my run.

32.17 mi/month.

Just wanna say that I am so inspired by this group and even though I don't say much I love the energy. This is the most success I've had in a while with fitness and this group has contributed to that.
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    5km this morning for a total of 45 km this month so far.
  • CancerSurvivor2014
    CancerSurvivor2014 Posts: 111 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    MFP August 2015 Running Challenge:
    Thanks for the nice comments about my PR.
    Entering this challenge the last couple months has helped keep me motivated to keep running. I enjoy reading all your posts and progress. Although this thread is hard to " keep up with" at times (pun intended)
    I have got 1 more mile today and the finish line is in sight.

Goal:45miles
    Completed:44
    >>>>>>> 1 to go <<<<<<<<