Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    @jthurman3 HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Happy birthday to you
    Happy birthday to you
    Happy birthday dear Jenni...
    Happy birthday tooooo yoooouuuu!
    (Sung in a tone deaf sopranos voice)

Have a great day!

*joins in with her tone deaf alto*

+1

I hope my card made it there in time. I gave it two weeks.

I only gave mine 4 days.... =/

Happy birthday. I'm horrible I didn't look at the birthday part at all.

Better late then never? I forgot so it was sent last night ooops

I haven't even gotten around to card shopping so I can write out birthday cards in advance! (Glinda has kindly offered to send them out for me if I send them to her in bulk so I can join in! :)) Jenni, would you mind getting your birthday card a month late or so? :D

Besides Jenni the rest are in October so you have some time. Mail to England for me takes a couple weeks so just keep that in mind.

No worries, I'll remember that. :) If they arrive to their destinations late, it will definitely be my fault! I'm hoping to be able to buy a nice collection of cards this weekend and start on the birthdays. :smiley:
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    @KylerJaye , I've been wondering if you'd been having any more dating adventures... appreciate the update.

Last dude sounds a little odd. Maybe he's just socially awkward? SO's son is like this... he's the stereotypical science nerd type, and we just cringe at some of the stuff that comes out of his mouth... he must be interesting on a date.

And I think I hold the record for the shortest date in history... the fellow who made a lame excuse to bolt in the middle of a freaking COFFEE date... it lasted maybe 10 minutes. Then, out of the blue, guess who texts me four months later... and never again after that? He also mentioned to me that women found him "intimidating" because he was "too fit" (he wasn't, really)... umm, no, try too FLAKEY.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    @KylerJaye - Good luck to you!! I admire your tenacity and keeping on with it. Hope you find a decent one soon!!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @KylerJaye I can TOTALLY relate! Had some crazy, weird, and even fun first dates until I came across SO (who happens to live across the pond haha) I know I've said it before but we have to kiss a lot of frogs to get to the prince! So happy you posted, we've missed you! <3

PS- I also couldn't understand why people put up pictures that don't look like them? Uhm, you're planning on meeting others outside of the internet right? C'mon we're not blind!!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    My 18 year old (Son 1) started college today with scholarships to cover it all. This is the one with autism. I am a proud mama today.
    How wonderful for the both of you! I hope he has a great time.
    99 degrees in Dallas. At least it doesn't feel too humid. Run tonight will be fun! I also forgot the black camisole to wear under my shirt so have to make the driver stop at a store to buy something. My shirt for tomorrow has a plunging neckline. Unless I want my coworkers to see my bra tomorrow need to stop!!!
    Be thankful you didn't have to come around July or August! I checked the Houston subreddit for specifics, and it was 104 degrees only 13 days ago.

Ick. Isn't it August? Or did I lose a month? :wink:
    :laugh: I'm so over the weather, I skipped this week!

Now that's funny!!! Can I skip this week too... jury duty on Wednesday.
    Ooh, I hope that's ok. I've only been called once and I was ineligible, but I dread being called to a nasty case. :/

I had Grand Jury duty last winter and it was pretty grim.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    My niece did something so hilarious today that made me think of this thread.

My youngest niece came over to her mom today & asked for Chocolate Milk. My sister went over & got the milk & the powder & my niece threw the hugest fit. What did she want? She just wanted the powder in the glass & then threw herself on the floor & had a huge fit. Needless to say she didn't get her own way.

I was happy that today I fit in Chipotle (steak burritos yum) & a whole pint of frozen yogurt.

Ha! That's awesome!!
    And I LOVE Chipotle!! I haven't had it in well over a year though! Not sure why...we just never think to go there when we get food. That should change soon!! Awesome job fitting that AND frozen yogurt!! Winnnn!!!!!!

I love Chipotle too. Mmmmm mmmmmm.

Chipotle is a huge reason I got fat buuuut I still eat it! Just not in such large quantities anymore! Haha <3

It really is so good. I wish there was one close to where I work, because I would go there at least once or twice a week.

I confess, I have no idea why people even like Chipotle, let alone lust after it. Just doesn't do it for me. ;)

Qdoba is my Mexican quick-serve of choice, but I also quite enjoy Moe's Southwest Grill. Really though, Mexican food is so easy, I'd rather just make it at home.

And use twice the amount of cheese. No judgment.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    @KylerJaye I can TOTALLY relate! Had some crazy, weird, and even fun first dates until I came across SO (who happens to live across the pond haha) I know I've said it before but we have to kiss a lot of frogs to get to the prince! So happy you posted, we've missed you! <3

PS- I also couldn't understand why people put up pictures that don't look like them? Uhm, you're planning on meeting others outside of the internet right? C'mon we're not blind!!

Most frogs would be insulted to be compared to some of the idiots I dated. Man, I was dumb. Ha.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

My youngest niece came over to her mom today & asked for Chocolate Milk. My sister went over & got the milk & the powder & my niece threw the hugest fit. What did she want? She just wanted the powder in the glass & then threw herself on the floor & had a huge fit. Needless to say she didn't get her own way.

I was happy that today I fit in Chipotle (steak burritos yum) & a whole pint of frozen yogurt.

Ha! That's awesome!!
    And I LOVE Chipotle!! I haven't had it in well over a year though! Not sure why...we just never think to go there when we get food. That should change soon!! Awesome job fitting that AND frozen yogurt!! Winnnn!!!!!!

Chipotle is a huge reason I got fat buuuut I still eat it! Just not in such large quantities anymore! Haha <3

It really is so good. I wish there was one close to where I work, because I would go there at least once or twice a week.

I confess, I have no idea why people even like Chipotle, let alone lust after it. Just doesn't do it for me. ;)

Qdoba is my Mexican quick-serve of choice, but I also quite enjoy Moe's Southwest Grill. Really though, Mexican food is so easy, I'd rather just make it at home.

Who could judge anyone about cheese?! Cheese is love, cheese is life, and there's NOTHING you can't make better by adding cheese to it, including desserts. (Hello, cream cheese frosting?!)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Ha! That's awesome!!

Who could judge anyone about cheese?! Cheese is love, cheese is life, and there's NOTHING you can't make better by adding cheese to it, including desserts. (Hello, cream cheese frosting?!)

PREACH!! <3
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

Ha! That's awesome!!

If cheese is wrong, I don't want to be right.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

Ha! That's awesome!!

I kinda don't get it. I can be convinced by a fancy cheese + charcuterie board at a restaurant sometimes, but I rarely eat it if left to my own devices (except goat cheese, which I love). It's okay but it doesn't excite me or anything ;) I like cream cheese frosting too but I don't think I've had any in like a year...I think it was when we had carrot cake at our engagement party last summer.

I'm getting kicked out of the thread for this, I think.

p1100274-w300-h300.jpg

I did eat one of these like twice a week when I was bartending, though, and that's pretty much just a wad of goat cheese on a plate. I used to get that and a 6oz sirloin and just pile the cheese and tomato mix on the steak and devour it.

That's when I really gained weight, between that and drinking discounted wine and a lot of warm well tequila out of the speedspout.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

Ha! That's awesome!!

I kinda don't get it. I can be convinced by a fancy cheese + charcuterie board at a restaurant sometimes, but I rarely eat it if left to my own devices (except goat cheese, which I love). It's okay but it doesn't excite me or anything ;) I like cream cheese frosting too but I don't think I've had any in like a year...I think it was when we had carrot cake at our engagement party last summer.

p1100274-w300-h300.jpg

I did eat one of these like twice a week when I was bartending, though, and that's pretty much just a wad of goat cheese on a plate. I used to get that and a 6oz sirloin and just pile the cheese and tomato mix on the steak and devour it.

That's when I really gained weight, between that and drinking discounted wine and a lot of warm well tequila out of the speedspout.

Blasphemy!! But we won't kick you out. We like you. ;)
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options

Ha! That's awesome!!

I love Moe's! And Chipotle too though. I want another trip to America! But, I don't like cheese that much and always asked them to put less, half the time they didn't understand and tried to put more. I think it just didn't make sense to them that anyone would want less cheese than they were entitled to!
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

Ha! That's awesome!!

I love Moe's! And Chipotle too though. I want another trip to America! But, I don't like cheese that much and always asked them to put less, half the time they didn't understand and tried to put more. I think it just didn't make sense to them that anyone would want less cheese than they were entitled to!

Haha, I was at happy hour last week with some work friends and we talked for like 20 minutes about how we all love cheese...I LOVE any kind of cheese...except cottage cheese. Yuck.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I think Chipotle is pretty decent but it's far from my favorite. I mainly go there if I don't want my usual stuff.

My free dessert coupon for Panera is almost expired! Looks like a good a reason as any to pick something up this weekend. :wink:
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I think Chipotle is pretty decent but it's far from my favorite. I mainly go there if I don't want my usual stuff.

My free dessert coupon for Panera is almost expired! Looks like a good a reason as any to pick something up this weekend. :wink:

Oooh used mine on a bear claw (my first time ever trying one) and it was good!! Enjoy...and let us know what you decide to get!!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

Ha! That's awesome!!

They haven't booted me out yet for being meh about peanut butter and total non-consumer of peanut butter flavoured anything, think you're safe ;)

Cheese, on the other hand... @Susieq_1994 is right, cheese IS love <3
  • ejb060793
    ejb060793 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I'm working to lose weight so I can get into medical school, but a big part of the reason that I haven't told anyone is that I'd like to have children some day. My husband and I haven't actively been trying, but we also haven't been trying not to, and that's for the last 5 years. I'm scared as hell that I will never be able to conceive, which I've also never told anyone (with the exception of my husband). We've bought our first car together, working on a first house, already have 2 dogs, but I still want more.. I want my own rugrats.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    i'm suddenly stupid busy at work and never get to go on here anymore. :(

just wanted to let you guys know how much i appreciate everyone's support. <3

and in my endless quest to keep on keepin on....

*post date update*

First date #10

i had previously posted about this creeper, but had a moment of embarrassment and shame so i deleted it. so here's the abridged version. met dude at a local bar, had fun, but totally not my type and i already knew there would be no second date, but i'm still all about being able to have a good time. and it was fun, just talking about random junk and whatnot...end of the evening rolls around i say goodnight to the dude and go home.

it's not until i pull into my driveway that i realize that he followed me home. he was not invited. i was super freaked out and he wouldn't leave. i should stood up for myself and told him to gtfo, but i didn't. such a strange situation. so i let things happen that i really had no interest in, in order to deescalate a potentially worse situation.

yes, he's been blocked.

First date #11

dude shows up in a grungy three stooges tshirt. really? really?? smh
    he was nice, kinda awkward and i had to basically hold up the entire conversation. he looked like his pictures, but kinda not like them as well? strange. but i'm still nice and try to have a good time. after a while the bar becomes swarmed with college kids. yeah not my scene. so i'm thinking well let's just call it a night, but then he suggests we go somewhere else. yeeeeeaaaaah, ok, suuuuuure. so we go over to one of my fav local places and i ran into one of my friends. my friend who also needed a ride home. so i take dude back to his motorcycle and because my friend was there, he totally wrecked it for any type of goodbye hug or kiss or anything for the dude. total c-block. i felt bad, but it still kinda makes me giggle. sorry dude.

First date #12

yesterday. this was originally supposed to be on sunday, but i hadn't heard from the dude and thought i was getting the blow off. ok, no biggie. turns out he thought i wasn't interested, yay confusion! so we rescheduled for yesterday. ok, go to a local place, and the dude is nice. literally looks nothing like his pics though. why do ppl do this? do ppl not realize that they look different with age? ok, so regardless, didn't look bad, just wasn't the person i was expecting to see, still alright though. ok, basic chit chat, what do you do etc. but didn't really get into much conversation because literally after two beverages dude's like ok, i'm gonna get going. umm...alright then! maybe the second shortest date i've ever had? but then i get home and i have a text from him telling me what a nice time he had and would really like to see me again. huh? ok?? then we text for a bit and he tells me how he was so nervous and usually likes to start off with just like a simple short meeting to get a feel for people etc. i can understand that.

i'm still kinda on the fence about a second date. prior to the first one, a few red flags popped up with things he said. like overly affectionate without ever meeting me stuff. but like, A LOT of it. soooo....i'm not sure.

well, i'm still trying to catch up, i miss you guys!!

Sorry you haven't had better luck with these guys. I can't get over how many weirdos there are out there!

As for that last guy, I haven't been on a lot of dates, but I've been on enough to realize that if I'm uncomfortable with a guy on a first date (aside from some normal nervousness about meeting someone new) it doesn't get better on a second date. If I were in your position, I probably wouldn't go out with him again.

BUT, that's just my opinion. Of course, you're the one who's actually gone out with him, so you should go with your gut on whether or not you go out with him again.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

I don't get it either. I'm hesitant to put up pictures of me really done up because I don't feel it's a true representation of myself lol.