Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Greetings from work on this lovely Saturday morning, peeps! (I'm on call from 8am today until 8am tomorrow, and we're supposed to be in the office from 8-noon).

Interview with lab administration went alright. I knew going in that I was not the absolute ideal candidate for the job, so nothing surprising came up. The interview with HR was spectacular, but I don't think that's going to help too much. Ha! ;)

They have another candidate interview yesterday and one on Tuesday. After that, it should at the very least be narrowed down to two for background/resource checks. So, if I don't hear anything by next Friday, I can safely assume that I didn't make the cut. And while it was only 30 minutes, I didn't get a great vibe from the woman who would essentially be my boss, so I don't think I'll be too disappointed to not be chosen. We shall see!

Confession: I logged two slices of pizza for dinner last night, intending to have the other two for lunch today. I then ate a third because I have no self control around pizza. Now I only get one today, but those second slice calories are still going into today's budget. :(

Any interview is great practice. This way you'll be prepared for the interview for the job you really want!

Did you talk to your old supervisor about using her as a reference? Sorry if I missed it, but what did she say?
  • kellienw335
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I am on p 992. Here is my most embarrasing (or perhaps a tie) moment.

My most embarrassing moment.

Too funny! Breastfeeding, for me, was always uncomfortable. My son, the first kiddo, never took to it which was probably in part due to the fact that I wasn't that excited about it. I joked at the time that he was the first male to ever refuse...my chest area. LOL! I did BF, mostly pumped because I'm OCD, my daughter, the second and last kiddo, for about six months. I justified BF'd her because she had to go to daycare at six weeks while I was able to stay home with my son for the first eight months.
  • kellienw335
    Options
    Charlie and I have had a lovely day at the zoo, and according to my Fitbit, we've walked over 8 miles! Not bad for a two year old! If I knew how to post pics, I'd post a selfie we took.
    Would love to see a pic of Charlie!
  • kellienw335
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Stopping by briefly to post my own bicep pic! I wanted in on the action. :)

Wow! That's impressive!!!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    God I might finally give in after having read every single post in this thread so far. I'm 40 pages behind and really struggling to keep up. *sadface*
    Keep going! You can do it!

Omg I did it... one more page to go LOL

Where have you been? Glad you're back!

Was just busy enough to miss the craziest days ever of this thread lol :wink:
  • kellienw335
    Options
    mziegler01 wrote: »
    I confess that I lost about twelve pounds here a few months ago and then started a new job, got busy and stressed, and gave up for a while. I'm back now and I confess that I gained seven pounds of the weight back and though that is disheartening, I'm super excited to be back and making a new commitment. I missed this thread and all of you guys. <3 ^_^

Welcome back! It's a new day and you can do it!!!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    EDC was amazing!!

Here's some pictures

6CsT7Aq.jpg

RUJnyHP.jpg

ipGKLTp.jpg

wEhIvWG.jpg

bRv41rp.jpg

7i12oIJ.jpg

uU0idFg.jpg

This looks like amazing as does your top!
  • kellienw335
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    Day three of my birthday weekend. I want to thank everyone for the kind wishes and sound advice. I did eat cake and fried chicken. I did have a great time with my family. If I count ALL of my exercise calories, I did stay in the green.

I confess that I have a perceptional problem. I feel that if I don't stay in the green I will suddenly gain back all of the weight that I have loss. I know that isn't true. I even understand that that there is a buffer space between weight loss and weigh gain that means any loss will be lower than my target goal but not an actual gain. What I know and how I feel are not in sync.

I had an eating disorder 15 years ago. I see the pictures, 5'7" and 103 lbs. and even I am appalled. I don't want to go there again. I don't know what else to say. :(

Glad you had a great birthday weekend! You can do this!
  • MitsuShai
    MitsuShai Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Confession: I feel like stress-eating a batch of brownies I made.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    MitsuShai wrote: »

Try just having one and tell yourself you can have another tomorrow!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I am on p 992. Here is my most embarrasing (or perhaps a tie) moment.

My most embarrassing moment.

Too funny! Breastfeeding, for me, was always uncomfortable. My son, the first kiddo, never took to it which was probably in part due to the fact that I wasn't that excited about it. I joked at the time that he was the first male to ever refuse...my chest area. LOL! I did BF, mostly pumped because I'm OCD, my daughter, the second and last kiddo, for about six months. I justified BF'd her because she had to go to daycare at six weeks while I was able to stay home with my son for the first eight months.

I didn't breast feed my son and sometimes I feel guilty about that especially because he was premature.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »
    I know you hate people apologising for asking you questions, @Susieq_1994, but I only do because I feel like that stereotypical ignorant privileged white girl, and I don't want to offend.

So...there is that - robe, I'm sorry, I don't know the word for it - the long black one with the head and face covering. But it gets to 60C in Oman, right? So, um...how do the women not die of heatstroke?

That's alright, it doesn't offend me! :)

It's called an abaya, and most of them don't cover the head or face--They're basically just black dresses. I wear one myself. The headscarf and niqab (face covering) are all separate pieces. There is one that has a head covering attached as well, but these are mostly worn by older ladies, as it's just an older style.

That said, I wear the abaya and headscarf. I don't find it hot, personally--I actually find it cooler than when I wear "regular" clothing like skirts and blouses because the abaya tends to be very lightweight. It's also because I've been covering for a very long time--If I didn't cover, I'd probably feel hotter due to the sun burning my skin!

My sister wears a niqab, and according to her, it did feel very hot in the first week, but she says it doesn't feel like that anymore now that she's used to it.

Just an add-on: The abaya isn't a must, Islamically. Women are encouraged not to wear very bright colors for the purpose of attracting men (yes, men have a rule that involves not attracting women--it isn't a sexist rule), but you're allowed to wear whatever color you like, as long as you're covered properly.

I prefer the abaya in Saudi Arabia because everyone wears it (I've seen like... two people so far that didn't... Even the non-Muslims wear it!) and I just don't want to stand out. In Oman, I often wear regular colored dresses, skirts, blouses, etc. Unless I'm lazy. Because the abaya is really easy to just throw on and be done. ;)

Can I ask some follow ups? You say your sister wears a niqab; was that something she decided to do as an adult? And how did she come to that decision? And are you wearing your regular clothes under the abaya? Or is it like a "dress".

Thanks for educating me! :)

Yes, she decided to start wearing it two years ago. Nobody else in our family wears it and she's unmarried, so nobody influenced her in that decision--in Islam there are some scholars (I refuse to count the Sheikh Google people...) who believe the niqab is obligatory, and others who believe it is simply recommended based on evidence from the Qur'an and hadith. After doing some studying, my sister chose to go with the scholars who believe it's obligatory, and began covering her face from then on.

You do have to wear clothing under an abaya--it's basically a cover, but the material is too thin to wear with nothing but underwear underneath, for example. I usually wear jeans and a tank top underneath it--since we have to remain covered, it's best to have your legs covered in case the wind blows it up, for example. :) But I would wear the same under a dress, actually, although I would probably wear cotton pants underneath in that case.

Oh, can I ask if you have one of these? I've always wondered if it was hard to swim in the modest suits, because of the extra fabric:

8r71esdpgap0.jpg

Nope, I don't own one--those suits actually don't meet the fardh (obligatory) requirements for modest clothing for women, especially because they cling when they're wet, and the shape of the body is revealed, which is the major requirement of covering.

If I'm going to swim, I swim in an all-women's facility with a modest swimsuit (even women aren't supposed to reveal nakedness to other women) or just jump into the ocean fully clothed because that's fun. ;)

Am I the only one who loves being naked? I don't know why but I do! Could be because ( I know I say this a lot but it's true) I really have no shame...haters going to hate!

I hate being naked. I hate skin touching skin. And I totally hate when running any part of my body touching any other part. I tried running in a sports bra ONCE. Never again. Yes I am a prude (I believe I have said this before).

I hate being naked too. Even in the shower. I get dressed as soon as humanly possible. I put on undies right after a shower.
    mrsd4gbfjfo3.jpg

Too funny. Especially the 'there are literally dozens of us'. :)
    Glad someone got it! Love Arrested Development.

Hello all - hope everyone's had a great weekend. I took my dad to the dinosaur museum today for our Father's Day treat. My husband's working away this week, so we'll have his Father's Day when he gets back. I also worked on a cover solution for our west-facing back deck, which is unusable in the summer because it gets so hot. Maybe I'll post a picture of the final result when it's complete.

Eating wasn't bad - didn't go over cals despite a burger & fries lunch today, plus a fair amount of chocolate. I can't seem to understand why I'm always under for protein and over for fat! ;) I'm SO close to a 'healthy' weight, it's tempting to crash diet for a week to get under 150, but I won't. Am determined to go slow and steady this time. Only 1.5lbs to go, then another 5 after that to get to my first goal. ALL of my 'thin' clothes fit now, which is awesome. I've decided to get rid of big stuff that I don't like much anyway, but certain things I'm going to pack away out of sight, just in case. I regained everything I lost before and felt sick having to buy new everything, so I'm not doing that again. If I can keep the weight off for a while, then I'll consider letting it all go. Unfortunately I don't have a good record in that department. :/
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Have one and freeze the rest in individual baggies.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    EDC was amazing!!

Here's some pictures

6CsT7Aq.jpg

RUJnyHP.jpg

ipGKLTp.jpg

wEhIvWG.jpg

bRv41rp.jpg

7i12oIJ.jpg

uU0idFg.jpg

This looks like amazing as does your top!

Thanks!! So happy with how cute it looked in real life :heart:
  • MitsuShai
    MitsuShai Posts: 151 Member
    Options

I heard frozen brownies are good :blush:
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there...

pops.jpg
    Haha, that's excellent!

• Tubbs216
    Options
    I have ordered enough takeaway for 2 people, just for myself and run the shower before so when the delivery person turns up they think there is someone in the shower. Hahahaha.
    Genius! and Welcome!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Father's Day was a bust for us. Ended up in the ER with my daughter. Sick with fever for over a week and a rash came on and looks awful. No definite diagnosis, but possibly a reaction to an antibiotic. Had Chipotle for lunch and just had some homemade banana pudding for dinner. We were supposed to take it to my FIL's house for a gathering today, but it never made it. That was the best one I made yet.
    Oh, so sorry to hear that. I really hope she feels better soon.
  • Tubbs216
    Options

I heard frozen brownies are good :blush:
    No, it's a filthy lie promoted by the frozen brownie purveyors. Don't believe a word of it.
  • rachael00679
    rachael00679 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday too me.
    I had a great weekend. I think my food intake was pretty good but wow I drank a lot. I had planned to take the entire weekend off and not log at all.
    Back on the MFP bandwagon today after having a fab time with friends.
    Off the drinkies again now until December 3rd... this has all been preplanned. Cant wait to see what the next few months bring and if I can get the rest of the weight off.
    All the best.