Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @KylerJaye I can TOTALLY relate! Had some crazy, weird, and even fun first dates until I came across SO (who happens to live across the pond haha) I know I've said it before but we have to kiss a lot of frogs to get to the prince! So happy you posted, we've missed you! <3

PS- I also couldn't understand why people put up pictures that don't look like them? Uhm, you're planning on meeting others outside of the internet right? C'mon we're not blind!!

I don't get it either. I'm hesitant to put up pictures of me really done up because I don't feel it's a true representation of myself lol.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    My niece did something so hilarious today that made me think of this thread.

My youngest niece came over to her mom today & asked for Chocolate Milk. My sister went over & got the milk & the powder & my niece threw the hugest fit. What did she want? She just wanted the powder in the glass & then threw herself on the floor & had a huge fit. Needless to say she didn't get her own way.

I was happy that today I fit in Chipotle (steak burritos yum) & a whole pint of frozen yogurt.

Ha! That's awesome!!
    And I LOVE Chipotle!! I haven't had it in well over a year though! Not sure why...we just never think to go there when we get food. That should change soon!! Awesome job fitting that AND frozen yogurt!! Winnnn!!!!!!

I love Chipotle too. Mmmmm mmmmmm.

Chipotle is a huge reason I got fat buuuut I still eat it! Just not in such large quantities anymore! Haha <3

It really is so good. I wish there was one close to where I work, because I would go there at least once or twice a week.

I confess, I have no idea why people even like Chipotle, let alone lust after it. Just doesn't do it for me. ;)

Qdoba is my Mexican quick-serve of choice, but I also quite enjoy Moe's Southwest Grill. Really though, Mexican food is so easy, I'd rather just make it at home.

And use twice the amount of cheese. No judgment.

Who could judge anyone about cheese?! Cheese is love, cheese is life, and there's NOTHING you can't make better by adding cheese to it, including desserts. (Hello, cream cheese frosting?!)

Amen, Sister!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    ejb060793 wrote: »
    I'm working to lose weight so I can get into medical school, but a big part of the reason that I haven't told anyone is that I'd like to have children some day. My husband and I haven't actively been trying, but we also haven't been trying not to, and that's for the last 5 years. I'm scared as hell that I will never be able to conceive, which I've also never told anyone (with the exception of my husband). We've bought our first car together, working on a first house, already have 2 dogs, but I still want more.. I want my own rugrats.

I'm not sure why you have to lose weight to go to med school. I know LOTS of overweight doctors. However, I wish you luck with the weight loss and the baby. I love my kids, although they are well past the baby stage.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

My youngest niece came over to her mom today & asked for Chocolate Milk. My sister went over & got the milk & the powder & my niece threw the hugest fit. What did she want? She just wanted the powder in the glass & then threw herself on the floor & had a huge fit. Needless to say she didn't get her own way.

I was happy that today I fit in Chipotle (steak burritos yum) & a whole pint of frozen yogurt.

Ha! That's awesome!!
    And I LOVE Chipotle!! I haven't had it in well over a year though! Not sure why...we just never think to go there when we get food. That should change soon!! Awesome job fitting that AND frozen yogurt!! Winnnn!!!!!!

Chipotle is a huge reason I got fat buuuut I still eat it! Just not in such large quantities anymore! Haha <3

It really is so good. I wish there was one close to where I work, because I would go there at least once or twice a week.

I confess, I have no idea why people even like Chipotle, let alone lust after it. Just doesn't do it for me. ;)

Qdoba is my Mexican quick-serve of choice, but I also quite enjoy Moe's Southwest Grill. Really though, Mexican food is so easy, I'd rather just make it at home.

I love Moe's! And Chipotle too though. I want another trip to America! But, I don't like cheese that much and always asked them to put less, half the time they didn't understand and tried to put more. I think it just didn't make sense to them that anyone would want less cheese than they were entitled to!

I have one thing to say to this... Country music marathon
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Ha! That's awesome!!

Who could judge anyone about cheese?! Cheese is love, cheese is life, and there's NOTHING you can't make better by adding cheese to it, including desserts. (Hello, cream cheese frosting?!)

I used to love to take medium salsa (probably almost the whole jar) & then put a ton of cheese on top, & put it in the microwave until the cheese crisped;

The local bargain outlet seems to have a lot of different cheeses cheap, but the only bad thing is they're close to expiration.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

Ha! That's awesome!!

I love Moe's! And Chipotle too though. I want another trip to America! But, I don't like cheese that much and always asked them to put less, half the time they didn't understand and tried to put more. I think it just didn't make sense to them that anyone would want less cheese than they were entitled to!

So, who all is going?
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

Ha! That's awesome!!

I agree.....being Italian 80% of what I eat is covered in tomatoes and cheese, and another 10% in just cheese, lol.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

Ha! That's awesome!!

it doesn't make sense to me either :p
  • wherethetrailends35
    wherethetrailends35 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    if i know i have had a few days of not eating healthy/excess drinking i wont weigh myself for week and a half ignorance is bliss
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

Ha! That's awesome!!

This would be my own personal version of hell, lol. Not dissing those who like it, but so NOT for me!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    @KylerJaye I can TOTALLY relate! Had some crazy, weird, and even fun first dates until I came across SO (who happens to live across the pond haha) I know I've said it before but we have to kiss a lot of frogs to get to the prince! So happy you posted, we've missed you! <3

PS- I also couldn't understand why people put up pictures that don't look like them? Uhm, you're planning on meeting others outside of the internet right? C'mon we're not blind!!

I don't get it either. I'm hesitant to put up pictures of me really done up because I don't feel it's a true representation of myself lol.

Why my profile pic is what it is. lol

@Italian_Buju My sister will only talk to ONE therapist that she has had before and she hasn't been able to find/get a hold of her and where he new practice is. My mother and my sister's fiance are working on that one. Hopefully, she'll start getting out more.
    The Freelee the banana girl thing was for the confessor who came in about eating 4 peaches in one sitting. Reminded me of Freelee. She will eat whole bowls of figs, peaches, pomegranates, or a half a watermelon in one sitting! I like her overall messages about how we need to stop poisoning our bodies with constant fast food consumption and we need to get fit and active. What I DON'T like is she has a very strong 'my way or the highway' attitude about it. She's a strict raw 'til 4 vegan who lives off of a fruit based diet. Works great for her but might not be so great for EVERYONE.

And about Chipotle, it's 'okay'. SSP LOVES it but as for me, I'm half Mexican, I make my own burritos. :laugh:

This is why I love you @Susieq_1994! Cheese IS life! I believe I confessed long ago about how I was suffering without cheese in my life because I thought it was affecting my skin. Well it wasn't, and I now have as much cheese as my calories will let me! Cheese is my one true love. :heart:

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

Ha! That's awesome!!

So, who all is going?

So far me, Nicci and my friend and her daughter are definitive. You in?
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    i'm suddenly stupid busy at work and never get to go on here anymore. :(

just wanted to let you guys know how much i appreciate everyone's support. <3

and in my endless quest to keep on keepin on....

*post date update*

First date #10

i had previously posted about this creeper, but had a moment of embarrassment and shame so i deleted it. so here's the abridged version. met dude at a local bar, had fun, but totally not my type and i already knew there would be no second date, but i'm still all about being able to have a good time. and it was fun, just talking about random junk and whatnot...end of the evening rolls around i say goodnight to the dude and go home.

it's not until i pull into my driveway that i realize that he followed me home. he was not invited. i was super freaked out and he wouldn't leave. i should stood up for myself and told him to gtfo, but i didn't. such a strange situation. so i let things happen that i really had no interest in, in order to deescalate a potentially worse situation.

yes, he's been blocked.

First date #11

dude shows up in a grungy three stooges tshirt. really? really?? smh
    he was nice, kinda awkward and i had to basically hold up the entire conversation. he looked like his pictures, but kinda not like them as well? strange. but i'm still nice and try to have a good time. after a while the bar becomes swarmed with college kids. yeah not my scene. so i'm thinking well let's just call it a night, but then he suggests we go somewhere else. yeeeeeaaaaah, ok, suuuuuure. so we go over to one of my fav local places and i ran into one of my friends. my friend who also needed a ride home. so i take dude back to his motorcycle and because my friend was there, he totally wrecked it for any type of goodbye hug or kiss or anything for the dude. total c-block. i felt bad, but it still kinda makes me giggle. sorry dude.

First date #12

yesterday. this was originally supposed to be on sunday, but i hadn't heard from the dude and thought i was getting the blow off. ok, no biggie. turns out he thought i wasn't interested, yay confusion! so we rescheduled for yesterday. ok, go to a local place, and the dude is nice. literally looks nothing like his pics though. why do ppl do this? do ppl not realize that they look different with age? ok, so regardless, didn't look bad, just wasn't the person i was expecting to see, still alright though. ok, basic chit chat, what do you do etc. but didn't really get into much conversation because literally after two beverages dude's like ok, i'm gonna get going. umm...alright then! maybe the second shortest date i've ever had? but then i get home and i have a text from him telling me what a nice time he had and would really like to see me again. huh? ok?? then we text for a bit and he tells me how he was so nervous and usually likes to start off with just like a simple short meeting to get a feel for people etc. i can understand that.

i'm still kinda on the fence about a second date. prior to the first one, a few red flags popped up with things he said. like overly affectionate without ever meeting me stuff. but like, A LOT of it. soooo....i'm not sure.

well, i'm still trying to catch up, i miss you guys!!

Sorry you haven't had better luck with these guys. I can't get over how many weirdos there are out there!

As for that last guy, I haven't been on a lot of dates, but I've been on enough to realize that if I'm uncomfortable with a guy on a first date (aside from some normal nervousness about meeting someone new) it doesn't get better on a second date. If I were in your position, I probably wouldn't go out with him again.

BUT, that's just my opinion. Of course, you're the one who's actually gone out with him, so you should go with your gut on whether or not you go out with him again.

I agree with @ShibaEars that my gut opinion of the guy didn't change from first to second date (or from phone call to first date). I will also add to that thought that while I love to give the benefit of the doubt it is rarely warranted. Red flags are red flags. I "get" socially awkward, heck I'm a scientist and a lot of the dates I went on were with engineers or scientists or MD's, but red flags are different and I know you've got good instincts as to how you size up a person and if that man is right at least enough to get to know more.

ETA - a lot of these guys were a bit socially awkward but great guys - just not the right man for me.
    ETA #2 - The one guy (an aerospace engineer) who in our predate phone call (I got to really screening them) sounded fine until he spouted anger at his ex and described in detail how his bird slept on his pillow with him. I thought - OUCH anger issues and drama that I don't want and who the heck wants a jealous parrot in the room which potentially romantic behavior? I've lived with a big bird (roommate's bird) and I know full well how much work they are and that they live 50+ years. I'm not sharing my pillow with a bird so why would I date a man who does? I cancelled our first date and didn't offer to reschedule.

I also screened out a man who felt very strongly about his religious views (fine, just don't push them on me) and who tried to equate religion and science. They are not the same thing, one is based on believing in something and faith while the other is looking at the data we have with the best explanation we have for it at the time, that is up for constant review and debate and revision, but based on data. I told him I could not date him as we are so far apart in something that is important to me (and I said it about like that) and he replied with such bitter hatred that I felt I ducked a bullet by not even having given him my name or contact information yet! Yikes, he was one very angry man!

It sounds like your screening is coming up to speed and that you have a better and better idea of what constitutes a "right" for you man. Follow your gut and keep watching for those red flags. <3
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Chipotle I liked a lot until I got food poisoning there - not once but twice! Coincidentally the last two times I got food poisoning was from Chipotle. I was vegetarian at the time, and dairy free and gluten free so either beans or rice or guacamole was the culprit. I have had it once since at a family event where they were used as caterers and I was fine, but I stopped going to Chipotle about 2007 or 2008. There is plenty of great Mexican food and Sonoran food in my area!

On a similar note - cheese does not love me and many Mexican places around here do not put cheese on tacos. But to be sure, I always ask for "no cheese, no sour cream". Tacos, tamales, and some other foods can easily be prepared without cheese. However I do understand the love of cheese. :smiley:
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    ejb060793 wrote: »
    I'm working to lose weight so I can get into medical school, but a big part of the reason that I haven't told anyone is that I'd like to have children some day. My husband and I haven't actively been trying, but we also haven't been trying not to, and that's for the last 5 years. I'm scared as hell that I will never be able to conceive, which I've also never told anyone (with the exception of my husband). We've bought our first car together, working on a first house, already have 2 dogs, but I still want more.. I want my own rugrats.

Good luck to you on the family front. I hope it works out for you. Having kids was my main motivation to lose weight too.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options

Why my profile pic is what it is. lol

@Italian_Buju My sister will only talk to ONE therapist that she has had before and she hasn't been able to find/get a hold of her and where he new practice is. My mother and my sister's fiance are working on that one. Hopefully, she'll start getting out more.
    The Freelee the banana girl thing was for the confessor who came in about eating 4 peaches in one sitting. Reminded me of Freelee. She will eat whole bowls of figs, peaches, pomegranates, or a half a watermelon in one sitting! I like her overall messages about how we need to stop poisoning our bodies with constant fast food consumption and we need to get fit and active. What I DON'T like is she has a very strong 'my way or the highway' attitude about it. She's a strict raw 'til 4 vegan who lives off of a fruit based diet. Works great for her but might not be so great for EVERYONE.

And about Chipotle, it's 'okay'. SSP LOVES it but as for me, I'm half Mexican, I make my own burritos. :laugh:

This is why I love you @Susieq_1994! Cheese IS life! I believe I confessed long ago about how I was suffering without cheese in my life because I thought it was affecting my skin. Well it wasn't, and I now have as much cheese as my calories will let me! Cheese is my one true love. :heart:

I can't really stand the banana girl after she reckoned losing her period when she first went strict low fat vegan was a good thing. Um, no, that usually indicates there is a problem. Apparently it came back eventually so I'm not doubting her overall health (like you say, if it works for her then great for her), but to tell other young women that losing your period is fine is pretty bad advice in my book. I can imagine teenage girls getting some pretty damaging messages from that.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I started my fitness journey about 3 weeks ago. My initial weight was 215 lbs. and I am now at 203 lbs. I follow a strict Low-Carb diet ( 1500 calories) and a 25-minute fitness program. I want to reach 160 lbs. in the next 3 months. Any fitness and health advice are welcome and a special person to be my inspiration. :blush:

Congrats on the weight loss so far.

A few questions:

1. Do you have a medical condition to eat low carb?
    2. Why do you want to reach 160 pounds in 3 months?

My advice is if you don't have a medical condition to eat low carb then don't do it. Most people who eat low carb think they're losing weight since they're limiting their carbs when in reality they're eating less overall than they're burning thus creating a deficit to lose weight. Most once they're down to their desired weight go right back to the way they were eating before & gain weight from eating over their deficit. I always try & tell people to eat in a way that will be sustainable for life. Do you see yourself always limiting carbs once you reach your desired weight?

Why are you only eating 1,500 calories a day? Do you weigh your food on a food scale? If not then you could be eating way more than you think. Since you're a 34 year old male I am sure you would need a lot more than 1,500 calories a day. You should look up Scooby's accurate calorie calculator & input your numbers in there & see what it tells you to eat.

Why do you have to reach 160 pounds in 3 months? Event coming up?

Some people do better on low carb...like myself. I feel better, I sleep better...I think everyone is different.

Ditto. I haven't had pasta, rice or a sandwich in 7-8 weeks and I really don't care. I allow myself some potato every now and then. Some people adapt to low carb quite well, and I do think I could do this for the rest of my life. I miss fruit the most, but once I reach my goal weight I can lift it up to 100-150g carbs a day and easily squeeze in fruit :smile:
    I say don't knock it til you try it.

Edit, I'm a bit behind on this thread so apologies
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Sons updates!

Son #1 has a job interview tomorrow. Please send him positive vibes. It actually sounds like a nice little first job. I hope so much he can present himself well.

Son #2 I took him to the doctor to get antibiotics for his raging ingrown toenail infection. He has a podiatrist appointment next week to get it resected (sp?) but they won't do it if it's still infected. Hoping the meds will improve it enough - I want him to be all done before he goes back to school the following week.

How are they doing now?

Again, if this has already been answered later on don't worry. lol
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I started my fitness journey about 3 weeks ago. My initial weight was 215 lbs. and I am now at 203 lbs. I follow a strict Low-Carb diet ( 1500 calories) and a 25-minute fitness program. I want to reach 160 lbs. in the next 3 months. Any fitness and health advice are welcome and a special person to be my inspiration. :blush:

Congrats on the weight loss so far.

A few questions:

1. Do you have a medical condition to eat low carb?
    2. Why do you want to reach 160 pounds in 3 months?

My advice is if you don't have a medical condition to eat low carb then don't do it. Most people who eat low carb think they're losing weight since they're limiting their carbs when in reality they're eating less overall than they're burning thus creating a deficit to lose weight. Most once they're down to their desired weight go right back to the way they were eating before & gain weight from eating over their deficit. I always try & tell people to eat in a way that will be sustainable for life. Do you see yourself always limiting carbs once you reach your desired weight?

Why are you only eating 1,500 calories a day? Do you weigh your food on a food scale? If not then you could be eating way more than you think. Since you're a 34 year old male I am sure you would need a lot more than 1,500 calories a day. You should look up Scooby's accurate calorie calculator & input your numbers in there & see what it tells you to eat.

Why do you have to reach 160 pounds in 3 months? Event coming up?

Some people do better on low carb...like myself. I feel better, I sleep better...I think everyone is different.

Ditto. I haven't had pasta, rice or a sandwich in 7-8 weeks and I really don't care. I allow myself some potato every now and then. Some people adapt to low carb quite well, and I do think I could do this for the rest of my life. I miss fruit the most, but once I reach my goal weight I can lift it up to 100-150g carbs a day and easily squeeze in fruit :smile:
    I say don't knock it til you try it.

Edit, I'm a bit behind on this thread so apologies

I think I'd miss fruit the most too. I'm happy it's working out so well for you!!
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Hey friends... stopping in to say hello and thanks for the condolences and PM's I received. My grandmother did pass. She was 89, almost 90 and lived a great life and was at peace with herself and a servant of the Lord so we celebrated her life as she would have us do.
    I hope everyone is doing well and that Kelly is getting her walks in, Mo is getting her 5x5 in, Buehrle had a great time across the pond and Pofoster is getting her cute shoe photos in! :wink: And everyone else of course. I hope to be all caught up tomorrow so I can be a little more active here.

Awww I'm sorry to hear this m1xm0d3 :disappointed: I Hope you and your family are doing well, it's always nice when people are at peace with themselves before they pass, it makes a tragic thing more bearable.