Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Oh, well, I'm 47 which probably sounds ancient to you young'uns. I promise it comes around surprisingly quickly. I certainly don't feel old, but I guess the driver's licence says otherwise.

I admit you're technically old enough to be my (teen) mom, but my actual mom is in her 60s and most of my friends are in their later 30s, so you definitely would fall more into "older-sister" than "mom" category :smiley:
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Shameless SPD mom brag moment:

Raelynn did so good at the pool today!!!!

She freaked out a little at first, but I backed off and let her go at her own pace, and she LOVED it!!! She's been talking about how she went swimming all day lol. We had to cut the fun short because it started raining and looking a little stormy but she enjoyed herself. I'm so proud of my big girl! ❤️

yay!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Oh, well, I'm 47 which probably sounds ancient to you young'uns. I promise it comes around surprisingly quickly. I certainly don't feel old, but I guess the driver's licence says otherwise.

Nah, that's still young! ;)
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »

She freaked out a little at first, but I backed off and let her go at her own pace, and she LOVED it!!! She's been talking about how she went swimming all day lol. We had to cut the fun short because it started raining and looking a little stormy but she enjoyed herself. I'm so proud of my big girl! ❤️

yay!

:)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

I admit you're technically old enough to be my (teen) mom, but my actual mom is in her 60s and most of my friends are in their later 30s, so you definitely would fall more into "older-sister" than "mom" category :smiley:
    Yay! My own mum was a young mum. She was married at 17, had my sister at 19 and me at 23. I liked having young parents.
  • Tubbs216
    Options

She's really making progress - that's awesome!

• Tubbs216
    Options

Nah, that's still young! ;)
    Phew! Thanks!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options

She's really making progress - that's awesome!

It really is! It's days like this that really keep me optimistic for the future for her!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Way to go Raelynn! It's been storming all day here too. The poor dogs are terrified.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    edited August 2015
    Options

Way to go Raelynn! It's been storming all day here too. The poor dogs are terrified.

Geez, phone, let me type a reply first!

Anyway, we left when it started raining, but as soon as we all got dried off and my friend's mom and I got ready to head to town, it had already stopped and the sun was out again. SC is just weird...
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Haha yayyy way to go Raelynn!! So happy she had fun swimming!! :)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Yay! My own mum was a young mum. She was married at 17, had my sister at 19 and me at 23. I liked having young parents.

Another with younger parents- my dad is 55 and mom is 54, they're still young to me! <3
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    In Africa, I once left a bag of chips in the kitchen open and unsealed, then my ex stuck his hand in the next day and ate a chip without looking...they were COVERED with ants.

I don't eat chips out the bag anymore for any reason. Scarred.

That's one way to reach your protein goal.

That was my first thought when @FluffySandwich mentioned weevils... I wonder what the protein value is on those little buggers?

Bowing in admiration to @MissKalhan for getting 170 grams... I have days when I total only 50 or 60, and 25 of that is protein shake.
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Haha yayyy way to go Raelynn!! So happy she had fun swimming!! :)

YAY!!! Glad she had fun swimming!!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Sons updates!

Son #1 has a job interview tomorrow. Please send him positive vibes. It actually sounds like a nice little first job. I hope so much he can present himself well.

Son #2 I took him to the doctor to get antibiotics for his raging ingrown toenail infection. He has a podiatrist appointment next week to get it resected (sp?) but they won't do it if it's still infected. Hoping the meds will improve it enough - I want him to be all done before he goes back to school the following week.

Positive thoughts heading westward for both sons! My SO's daughter had ongoing ingrown toenail issues and the only longterm solution in the end was removal... she went through a lot of useless treatments to get there, though. Hope your son fares better!
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    In Africa, I once left a bag of chips in the kitchen open and unsealed, then my ex stuck his hand in the next day and ate a chip without looking...they were COVERED with ants.

I don't eat chips out the bag anymore for any reason. Scarred.

That's one way to reach your protein goal.

Is there an entry for African ant covered chips, or do you log them each separately? :D
    You have to weigh them separately, which is why ants are one of the few negative value foods. The energy required to wrangle the ants on the scale is more than the ants provide, nutritionally. ;)

:D AHAHAHAHAHA!!! I think you may really be my birth mom with your quick wittedness, @tubbs216.
    Am I that old?! Can't I be your cool older sister who moved out when you were 7 and comes home to take you out for amazing outings and then disappears back to her glamourous grown-up life?

I always wanted one of those!

I didn't know I wanted one until I read that description. I want one!!!!

I always wanted a cool, fun, popular older brother and a younger sister.

I recieved a geeky younger brother.

I'm an only child, but my mom runs a dayhome and has since I was three, so I had plenty of younger-sibling stand-ins. I would have liked a big brother or sister...until I really thought about it, anyway. I don't think I've ever had serious regrets about being the only one, but it is fun to think about!

I'm an only child also and always wanted a big brother. I think what I really wanted was someone to protect me from my parents and, sexist little thing that I was, thought that role would best be filled by a male.

Now that I'm considerably older and my family has dwindled to two (me and my dad), I'd love to have siblings.

The majority of my serious romantic relationships have been with men from large (6+ kids) families.

Soooo awesome! Glad she had a good experience, that'll be such a confidence-builder for her.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I've been out most of the day..but managed to keep up.
    Happy about Raelynn's pool day!
    Positive thoughts for both of Tubb's sons!
    Sending many positive thoughts for the shooting victim/victim's family.
    I know I'm missing some but I'm tired - so congrats to everyone else with good stuff...and a big sorry to anyone with bad stuff going on.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Concord Grapes (Blue grapes) are officially in season! I am excited and scared about it because I love them and binge eat them when they are in season lol

They have seeds :(
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Charlie. We've had a manic party afternoon and I've just left, as I have to make the drive back to London tonight. He's had a brilliant day and is busy telling everyone he's 3.

That is so cute!!! Nowadays when my daughter meets new people, the first thing she says is 'I am five.'

My friend Heather's daughter is 4 and introduces herself, "My name is Maggie Lucille and I am a leader."

When I was 3-4 I introduced myself, "My name is Sawsan. S-A-W-S-A-N." To everyone. :p I was absolutely obsessed with my name being spelled right, apparently...

That is do cute. Is it an unusual name in Oman? And how is your back? Did you ever make it to the movies?

Well, I lived in the United States at the time, so it was an extremely rare name. ;) It's actually an uncommon name in Oman as well, but it's extremely common in Sudan (I know like... Three Sudani ladies with my name, and that's with my very limited social circle!) and fairly common in Saudi Arabia.

My back is finally starting to improve, and we went to Bahrain today! We saw Inside Out, and I LOVED it. It was amazing and super great! I didn't even need painkillers today, and that's with 5 hours in the car and two hours of sitting in the movie theater. :)

YAY!!! I'm so glad to hear your back is getting better!! I want to see Inside Out, too. I rarely go to the movies as it's such an expensive date here and I nearly always leave the theatre with a headache. I think I'm easily over-stimulated by loud audio and whatnot and it gives me a splitting headache. The last movie I saw in the theatre was... ummm.... Les Miserables a couple years ago. Heh... I'm a weirdo.

The last film I saw in the cinema was Les Misérables too! We can be weirdos together.

Last film I saw in a cinema was...The Other Boleyn Girl, about 10 years ago ! I hate going to the cinema. I'd rather sit in my pajamas, on my comfy sofa, with popcorn and drinks, with the ability to pause for wee breaks.

^This x 1000 for me! I :heart: Netflix. I'm so glad I'm not the only one! @spamarie @orangesmartie
    I'm kind of the opposite, I love going to the movies but I have a really hard time making myself watch something on the computer. I fidget and want to check websites, or do something physical. I've been trying to watch Fargo this week because the trailers for season 2 look interesting and it's becoming REALLY apparent.

The last thing I saw the free screening of Straight Outta Compton. It was a great movie and experience. I'm kinda miffed at the people who held the screening because they chose not to give out any t-shirts. I ran down the stairs as soon as the credits rolled with the hopes of getting one.

I like that I can access Netflix on our TV in the living room. The screen is great and it feels more like being at the movies. I hate the rude cellphone users, the people who bring very small children and expect they will be quiet for 2+ hours, the conversationalists who want to continue their convo while the movie is playing. At my house, I can tell them to leave the room.

I like movies at the 18+ theatres, where there are no children, the theatre and bathrooms are clean, and there's a bar, but going to one at a regular multiplex is usually not a lot of fun for me between the sticky floors, ear-splitting sound system, and crowds.

We hardly ever watch movies at home either though because I'm constantly getting up to do stuff (put away the dishes or fold laundry, pee, fix a snack, Google something that just occurred to me, etc etc.) I barely even fast-forward through the commercials on PVRed stuff because I use them to do my fidget-y stuff.

I have this incessant need to be "busy" that isn't served well by sitting still through a whole movie. I will be up and cleaning out the fridge or starting a new knitting project or wiping down all the kitchen cabinets or baking some bread because I can't just sit there. Drives my husband and our roommate up the wall sometimes but hey, at least they only have one household chore each as a result (husband cleans the floors, roomie does garbage/recycling.)

I do this at home too, which is why it takes me 3 hours to watch a 90 minute movie lol.

Me too when I am at home......another reason to go to the movies!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Charlie. We've had a manic party afternoon and I've just left, as I have to make the drive back to London tonight. He's had a brilliant day and is busy telling everyone he's 3.

That is so cute!!! Nowadays when my daughter meets new people, the first thing she says is 'I am five.'

My friend Heather's daughter is 4 and introduces herself, "My name is Maggie Lucille and I am a leader."

When I was 3-4 I introduced myself, "My name is Sawsan. S-A-W-S-A-N." To everyone. :p I was absolutely obsessed with my name being spelled right, apparently...

That is do cute. Is it an unusual name in Oman? And how is your back? Did you ever make it to the movies?

Well, I lived in the United States at the time, so it was an extremely rare name. ;) It's actually an uncommon name in Oman as well, but it's extremely common in Sudan (I know like... Three Sudani ladies with my name, and that's with my very limited social circle!) and fairly common in Saudi Arabia.

My back is finally starting to improve, and we went to Bahrain today! We saw Inside Out, and I LOVED it. It was amazing and super great! I didn't even need painkillers today, and that's with 5 hours in the car and two hours of sitting in the movie theater. :)

YAY!!! I'm so glad to hear your back is getting better!! I want to see Inside Out, too. I rarely go to the movies as it's such an expensive date here and I nearly always leave the theatre with a headache. I think I'm easily over-stimulated by loud audio and whatnot and it gives me a splitting headache. The last movie I saw in the theatre was... ummm.... Les Miserables a couple years ago. Heh... I'm a weirdo.

The last film I saw in the cinema was Les Misérables too! We can be weirdos together.

Last film I saw in a cinema was...The Other Boleyn Girl, about 10 years ago ! I hate going to the cinema. I'd rather sit in my pajamas, on my comfy sofa, with popcorn and drinks, with the ability to pause for wee breaks.

I love the cinema! At times I go nearly weekly and will occasionally take in a double feature!
    Me too. I don't go as often as you, but I do go probably monthly. We have a great second run cinema near us and I'll happily pay $5 to see pretty much anything there. I also am quite happy to see a movie by myself.

On Tuesdays movies are only $5.20. That is why I mostly go on Tuesdays. There is also a rewards program where you get 100 points for every movie ticket you buy, and 1,000 gets a free movie ticket, so I save them up for when I go on a full price night. The program also gives you a 10% discount on snacks!

There are times I go a month or even two without going cuz I am kinda picky about what movies I see.

I :heart: Scene points :smile:

Me too! And I love that you can collect AND redeem them at Sportchek now!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Concord Grapes (Blue grapes) are officially in season! I am excited and scared about it because I love them and binge eat them when they are in season lol

... I never even knew blue grapes existed. Are they REALLY blue?!

Someone in the New Foods thread in the Food forum said they had seen Cotton Candy Grapes. Anyone try those?

OMG they taste EXACTLY like cotton candy!! I have only seen them once!