Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Page 1500!!!!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I gotta get in on page 1500!!! I can't believe we've kept this going for 1500 pages, yous guys!

I love you all, good day!

I keep meaning to ask have you seen the step daughter lately? How are things on that end?

She came over (for the first time in 3 weeks) last Thursday with her new boyfriend. I had NO idea she was coming because she didn't bother telling anyone beforehand. I was not up for having a house full of people after coming home from a major workout, so I separated myself from everyone as long as I could by taking a shower. My mother was also at my house when I got home. When I got out, my mom was gone, but SD and BF were still there, and stayed for a long time of which she never introduced me. I didn't really care I was just hungry and wanted them to leave so we could eat dinner and run our already scheduled errands.

I try not to talk about that relationship because it isn't much of one and I just get upset when I think about it too much. I do appreciate you asking though.

I realized the above statement made me sound like a total jerk, but she never lets us know she's coming so we can properly plan something, she just shows up with a tagalong.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    I confess that about 2/3 of my desk (it's a big U shape) is currently covered in paperwork that I have to complete on my employees annually, mainly competency assessments and mid-year reviews (they changed the formatting so we're a little behind this year). I could make it all tuck away nicely and get it out as I need it...but I look so much busier this way. >:)

My desk is also covered in papers...and a plate of homemade French fries. >:)

• craftyfox2014
    craftyfox2014 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    nellysen wrote: »
    soloelixir wrote: »
    I resent thin people. I've been fat my whole life, and have no idea what it's like to be thin. I know I shouldn't resent them, but damn, when I see a thin girl complaining about how those jeans make her *kitten* look big, I want to slap her in the face.

Me too!!!!!! In fact it pisses me off. I think it is because I just WISH that the hunt fr the perfect jeans on a perfect body was my biggest issue. Maybe it is jealousy? But either way.... I feel the same!

Or they say 'I really need to lose wight', I did tell some one to shut up before now come to think of it, in a friendly way of course
    :smile:
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    I gotta get in on page 1500!!! I can't believe we've kept this going for 1500 pages, yous guys!

I keep meaning to ask have you seen the step daughter lately? How are things on that end?

She came over (for the first time in 3 weeks) last Thursday with her new boyfriend. I had NO idea she was coming because she didn't bother telling anyone beforehand. I was not up for having a house full of people after coming home from a major workout, so I separated myself from everyone as long as I could by taking a shower. My mother was also at my house when I got home. When I got out, my mom was gone, but SD and BF were still there, and stayed for a long time of which she never introduced me. I didn't really care I was just hungry and wanted them to leave so we could eat dinner and run our already scheduled errands.

I try not to talk about that relationship because it isn't much of one and I just get upset when I think about it too much. I do appreciate you asking though.

I realized the above statement made me sound like a total jerk, but she never lets us know she's coming so we can properly plan something, she just shows up with a tagalong.

I hate, hate, hate unexpected company especially when I am hungry or have things planned to do. She sounds like she hasn't changed any.

Sorry if I upset you with my asking. Just tell me to butt out lol
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

I hate, hate, hate unexpected company especially when I am hungry or have things planned to do. She sounds like she hasn't changed any.

Me too, @MoHousdon and @riderfangal. We moved into our apartment three years ago, it has one of those buzzers you have to connect to a phone line and we had problems with getting it hooked up...three years later, we haven't ever gotten it fixed because it means no one can show up unexpectedly. I mean, someone can show up and call one of us, but if we don't answer or whatever we're safe, haha. It is SO WORTH the minor inconvenience of having to go down to the lobby to meet visitors.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Conversation between me and my sister:

Me: "I'm really liking jogging! It's fun with the zombie app. Though my lower back is a little sore."

Sis: "Sounds like you might want to do some core exercises to help take the strain off your back..."

Me: "I'd rather take ibuprofen every day than do crunches." :wink:

I find that if my lower back is sore after a ton of walking, I try to hold my stomach in, using my core muscles while I am walking and it usually takes the strain off my back.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

Me too, @MoHousdon and @riderfangal. We moved into our apartment three years ago, it has one of those buzzers you have to connect to a phone line and we had problems with getting it hooked up...three years later, we haven't ever gotten it fixed because it means no one can show up unexpectedly. I mean, someone can show up and call one of us, but if we don't answer or whatever we're safe, haha. It is SO WORTH the minor inconvenience of having to go down to the lobby to meet visitors.

Hah my front doorbell doesn't work either and I haven't bothered to fix it. Oops you knocked must have been upstairs and didn't hear you >:)
  • MoHousdon
    Options

You didn't upset me at all. :)

I wouldn't mind unexpected company if I wasn't in sweaty workout clothes, we didn't have previous plans, I had enough food for everyone, and the house wasn't a wreck from being out of town over the weekend.

@peleroja I love that you can screen your visitors. I need to figure out how to do that more precisely.

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Charlie. We've had a manic party afternoon and I've just left, as I have to make the drive back to London tonight. He's had a brilliant day and is busy telling everyone he's 3.

That is so cute!!! Nowadays when my daughter meets new people, the first thing she says is 'I am five.'

My friend Heather's daughter is 4 and introduces herself, "My name is Maggie Lucille and I am a leader."

When I was 3-4 I introduced myself, "My name is Sawsan. S-A-W-S-A-N." To everyone. :p I was absolutely obsessed with my name being spelled right, apparently...

That is do cute. Is it an unusual name in Oman? And how is your back? Did you ever make it to the movies?

Well, I lived in the United States at the time, so it was an extremely rare name. ;) It's actually an uncommon name in Oman as well, but it's extremely common in Sudan (I know like... Three Sudani ladies with my name, and that's with my very limited social circle!) and fairly common in Saudi Arabia.

My back is finally starting to improve, and we went to Bahrain today! We saw Inside Out, and I LOVED it. It was amazing and super great! I didn't even need painkillers today, and that's with 5 hours in the car and two hours of sitting in the movie theater. :)

YAY!!! I'm so glad to hear your back is getting better!! I want to see Inside Out, too. I rarely go to the movies as it's such an expensive date here and I nearly always leave the theatre with a headache. I think I'm easily over-stimulated by loud audio and whatnot and it gives me a splitting headache. The last movie I saw in the theatre was... ummm.... Les Miserables a couple years ago. Heh... I'm a weirdo.

The last film I saw in the cinema was Les Misérables too! We can be weirdos together.

Last film I saw in a cinema was...The Other Boleyn Girl, about 10 years ago ! I hate going to the cinema. I'd rather sit in my pajamas, on my comfy sofa, with popcorn and drinks, with the ability to pause for wee breaks.

^This x 1000 for me! I :heart: Netflix. I'm so glad I'm not the only one! @spamarie @orangesmartie
    I'm kind of the opposite, I love going to the movies but I have a really hard time making myself watch something on the computer. I fidget and want to check websites, or do something physical. I've been trying to watch Fargo this week because the trailers for season 2 look interesting and it's becoming REALLY apparent.

The last thing I saw the free screening of Straight Outta Compton. It was a great movie and experience. I'm kinda miffed at the people who held the screening because they chose not to give out any t-shirts. I ran down the stairs as soon as the credits rolled with the hopes of getting one.

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Did I make 1500?

ETA: Yay! I made it!

Ok, carry on.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Charlie. We've had a manic party afternoon and I've just left, as I have to make the drive back to London tonight. He's had a brilliant day and is busy telling everyone he's 3.

That is so cute!!! Nowadays when my daughter meets new people, the first thing she says is 'I am five.'

My friend Heather's daughter is 4 and introduces herself, "My name is Maggie Lucille and I am a leader."

When I was 3-4 I introduced myself, "My name is Sawsan. S-A-W-S-A-N." To everyone. :p I was absolutely obsessed with my name being spelled right, apparently...

That is do cute. Is it an unusual name in Oman? And how is your back? Did you ever make it to the movies?

Well, I lived in the United States at the time, so it was an extremely rare name. ;) It's actually an uncommon name in Oman as well, but it's extremely common in Sudan (I know like... Three Sudani ladies with my name, and that's with my very limited social circle!) and fairly common in Saudi Arabia.

My back is finally starting to improve, and we went to Bahrain today! We saw Inside Out, and I LOVED it. It was amazing and super great! I didn't even need painkillers today, and that's with 5 hours in the car and two hours of sitting in the movie theater. :)

YAY!!! I'm so glad to hear your back is getting better!! I want to see Inside Out, too. I rarely go to the movies as it's such an expensive date here and I nearly always leave the theatre with a headache. I think I'm easily over-stimulated by loud audio and whatnot and it gives me a splitting headache. The last movie I saw in the theatre was... ummm.... Les Miserables a couple years ago. Heh... I'm a weirdo.

The last film I saw in the cinema was Les Misérables too! We can be weirdos together.

Last film I saw in a cinema was...The Other Boleyn Girl, about 10 years ago ! I hate going to the cinema. I'd rather sit in my pajamas, on my comfy sofa, with popcorn and drinks, with the ability to pause for wee breaks.

^This x 1000 for me! I :heart: Netflix. I'm so glad I'm not the only one! @spamarie @orangesmartie
    I'm kind of the opposite, I love going to the movies but I have a really hard time making myself watch something on the computer. I fidget and want to check websites, or do something physical. I've been trying to watch Fargo this week because the trailers for season 2 look interesting and it's becoming REALLY apparent.

The last thing I saw the free screening of Straight Outta Compton. It was a great movie and experience. I'm kinda miffed at the people who held the screening because they chose not to give out any t-shirts. I ran down the stairs as soon as the credits rolled with the hopes of getting one.

I like that I can access Netflix on our TV in the living room. The screen is great and it feels more like being at the movies. I hate the rude cellphone users, the people who bring very small children and expect they will be quiet for 2+ hours, the conversationalists who want to continue their convo while the movie is playing. At my house, I can tell them to leave the room.
  • peleroja
    Options

You didn't upset me at all. :)

I wouldn't mind unexpected company if I wasn't in sweaty workout clothes, we didn't have previous plans, I had enough food for everyone, and the house wasn't a wreck from being out of town over the weekend.

@peleroja I love that you can screen your visitors. I need to figure out how to do that more precisely.

Keeping the lights out in the front-facing rooms and the vehicles in the garage, then hiding in the backyard-facing family room is my parents' method, lol...but that's only practical when you're expecting the company you need to hide from, which means they aren't in fact "unexpected" at all...

There are a lot of annoying things about apartment living but no one being able to see if you're home is not one of them. No shame in my anti-social game :grin:
  • peleroja
    Options

I like that I can access Netflix on our TV in the living room. The screen is great and it feels more like being at the movies. I hate the rude cellphone users, the people who bring very small children and expect they will be quiet for 2+ hours, the conversationalists who want to continue their convo while the movie is playing. At my house, I can tell them to leave the room.

I like movies at the 18+ theatres, where there are no children, the theatre and bathrooms are clean, and there's a bar, but going to one at a regular multiplex is usually not a lot of fun for me between the sticky floors, ear-splitting sound system, and crowds.

We hardly ever watch movies at home either though because I'm constantly getting up to do stuff (put away the dishes or fold laundry, pee, fix a snack, Google something that just occurred to me, etc etc.) I barely even fast-forward through the commercials on PVRed stuff because I use them to do my fidget-y stuff.

I have this incessant need to be "busy" that isn't served well by sitting still through a whole movie. I will be up and cleaning out the fridge or starting a new knitting project or wiping down all the kitchen cabinets or baking some bread because I can't just sit there. Drives my husband and our roommate up the wall sometimes but hey, at least they only have one household chore each as a result (husband cleans the floors, roomie does garbage/recycling.)
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Did I make 1500?

ETA: Yay! I made it!

Ok, carry on.

You are the last post on 1500! Nice!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Ugh, can I just go to bed now? I've been struggling all day. I feel like I've been run over by an 18 wheeler, and I have so much to do, but I can't bring myself to do it. Hubby told me to not even bother with cooking dinner tonight and we'll eat Wendy's instead. Total housewife/mom fail today...
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Ugh, can I just go to bed now? I've been struggling all day. I feel like I've been run over by an 18 wheeler, and I have so much to do, but I can't bring myself to do it. Hubby told me to not even bother with cooking dinner tonight and we'll eat Wendy's instead. Total housewife/mom fail today...

Not a fail! It's ok to be tired and take a day off from being supermom/wife! I hope you feel better soon, though! Try not to be hard on yourself, especially if you're getting sick. Take care of you and get some rest! Hugs!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! There has been 1,788 posts since I left I love you all and I'll try my best to catch up but no promises! I've missed this thread and the batcave and all of you tons! I had the BEST trip of my life!! Took tons of pictures I'll post a few in the batcave, so happy to be back and hope things are going well for everyone <3
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

Not a fail! It's ok to be tired and take a day off from being supermom/wife! I hope you feel better soon, though! Try not to be hard on yourself, especially if you're getting sick. Take care of you and get some rest! Hugs!

Thanks! I'm just hoping I'm feeling better tomorrow. I've got so much to do before I start school next week, especially with getting the house good and clean so I can just spot check and pick up here and there. Hopefully I'll be able to get some decent sleep tonight and be better tomorrow!
  • peleroja
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!! There has been 1,788 posts since I left I love you all and I'll try my best to catch up but no promises! I've missed this thread and the batcave and all of you tons! I had the BEST trip of my life!! Took tons of pictures I'll post a few in the batcave, so happy to be back and hope things are going well for everyone <3

Glad you're back! I can't wait to hear about it - don't wait until you've caught up to post ;)