Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Ack! Prayers and positive thoughts please...my friend Kristie's son was just in a gas station during a robbery!!! Zac is fine, but his carpool partner was shot. Zac is a wreck; Kristie is a wreck. They stopped for breakfast after a night shift. Zac's coworker is older and has three kids....so sad and senseless.

Prayers going up now. So sorry to hear this.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Ack! Prayers and positive thoughts please...my friend Kristie's son was just in a gas station during a robbery!!! Zac is fine, but his carpool partner was shot. Zac is a wreck; Kristie is a wreck. They stopped for breakfast after a night shift. Zac's coworker is older and has three kids....so sad and senseless.

Whoa! Super scary. Prayers for all of them!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Morning all. Had quite a down day yesterday, very negative. Realised I hadn't taken my medication for 5 days. Yes, naughty I know. I get so out of routine at home on weekends, and by the time the reminders go off on my phone, Charlie and I are already out for the day. I know its no excuse.

I am just generally fed up with looking in the mirror and seeing roll of fat stacked on top of roll of fat to make up my body (sorry @girldownsouth ). I know change doesn't happen over night, but this is week 5 damnit!

I did hit the gym yesterday, did 6k run, PT session (full body work out) and a spin class. That will hopefully mitigate some of the cake batter and biscuit dough.

I'm sorry some of you guys are struggling with motivation. Is there anything we can do to help? What motivates you? Challenges? Accountability? Work out buddy? Competition?

I think we all need some more positivity in here. Changes won't be instant so we need to find a bit more happiness in who we are right now. So I want everyone to share something that they like about themselves now, not something that could be good after losing some weight, or with a bit of toning, but something about you that is already great. Because other people don't look at you and only see the negative, especially if you are focusing on the positive yourself. And your much more likely to succeed in the long run if it's not all a means to an end.

So I want to hear all about your great long legs, pert bums (@MoHousdon, I'm looking at you), delicate wrists, emerging collarbones etc. Go and look in the mirror and find something that makes you smile, right now!

I'll go first and say that I like my waist. I appreciate that whatever size I have been I have distinct curves, and that makes me feel better about myself.

I'm loving my butt lately. Squats are working wonders. I look fabulous in the dress pants I have on today.

I have super long thin fingers and terrific fingernails (I should have been a hand model LOL).

And there is this new muscle, right at the top of my inner elbow (the bottom of my biceps?), that I am currently loving on. It was never noticeable before, and I keep touching it.

I also love my feet. Although they are size 11, they aren't funky/lumpy/ugly like some feet I've seen. (I hated my feet growing up.)

Honestly, there is more to my body that I like than I dislike. SL 5X5's is responsible for a lot of that.
  • michelleellis
    michelleellis Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    this thread is funny.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I think everyone must have a case of the August blahs.

Soon it will be September, and we will have the September awesomes! Yes/yes/definitely yes?

(It will be spring in September, so my mood will take a definite upswing in conjunction with the increase in temperature.)

I'm also looking forward to September! College football season!!!!!!!!!

Me, too!!! Boise State v Washington (our old coach) is September 4th. Hurry up! Hurry up! Hurry up!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

I'm so sorry! That's terrible. Is the co-worker alive, or did the shot kill him? His poor family. :( I hope Zac and Kristie will be alright--that must have shaken them right up.

Kristie says alive, but they sent him to our trauma center in Bristol instead of to the closest ER, so it's not good. I'll let you know when I hear from Kristie again.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I'm still way behind on the forum but I have letters ready to send out to the people who were on the card exchange page (I think the thread in the batcave is gone). Who should I send something for Susie to? I couldn't remember who said they would stockpile everything and send it FedEx.

That was riderfangal.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Had quite a down day yesterday, very negative. Realised I hadn't taken my medication for 5 days. Yes, naughty I know. I get so out of routine at home on weekends, and by the time the reminders go off on my phone, Charlie and I are already out for the day. I know its no excuse.

I am just generally fed up with looking in the mirror and seeing roll of fat stacked on top of roll of fat to make up my body (sorry @girldownsouth ). I know change doesn't happen over night, but this is week 5 damnit!

I did hit the gym yesterday, did 6k run, PT session (full body work out) and a spin class. That will hopefully mitigate some of the cake batter and biscuit dough.

I'm sorry some of you guys are struggling with motivation. Is there anything we can do to help? What motivates you? Challenges? Accountability? Work out buddy? Competition?

I think we all need some more positivity in here. Changes won't be instant so we need to find a bit more happiness in who we are right now. So I want everyone to share something that they like about themselves now, not something that could be good after losing some weight, or with a bit of toning, but something about you that is already great. Because other people don't look at you and only see the negative, especially if you are focusing on the positive yourself. And your much more likely to succeed in the long run if it's not all a means to an end.

So I want to hear all about your great long legs, pert bums (@MoHousdon, I'm looking at you), delicate wrists, emerging collarbones etc. Go and look in the mirror and find something that makes you smile, right now!

I'll go first and say that I like my waist. I appreciate that whatever size I have been I have distinct curves, and that makes me feel better about myself.

I finally appreciate my natural hair color. I spent YEARS turning it various shades unnatural colors. Now, I embrace the blonde.

Also, my big 'ol booty. Doesn't matter how small I get, my butt is always the same. :p
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Sending many, many prayers and positive thoughts for your friend, @MelissaPhippsFeagins!!!! That is just terrible!
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »

I have really cool coloured eyes - they are undefineable. They are greeny, browny, hazelly, with flecks of yellow and blue. I never know what colour to write on forms so I just say hazel as I'm not sure what that's supposed to look like. Always liked my weird eye colour, it is a good reflection of me.

Also, for the first time in my life, my fingernails are growing uniformly and are strong. I think they look great! I'm enjoying it now since I think it's only temporary.

I like my eyes also. They change colors depending on what I wear and sunlight- sometimes they're yellow-gold, other times hazel and the green comes out more. I have them on my license as hazel, too, because gold-yellow-green with some ambery brown spots is too long to type lol :wink:
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options

OH NO!!!!!!!!! Fingers crossed everything will be ok.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Sending many, many prayers and positive thoughts for your friend, @MelissaPhippsFeagins!!!! That is just terrible!

Plus 1
  • riderfangal
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I'm still way behind on the forum but I have letters ready to send out to the people who were on the card exchange page (I think the thread in the batcave is gone). Who should I send something for Susie to? I couldn't remember who said they would stockpile everything and send it FedEx.

That was riderfangal.

Yep I sure will :)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

I am ALSO in love with my waist. Now that I've lost weight my shirts(the slightly tighter ones) now have this horribly annoying habit of riding up and settling at my natural waist. :grin:

I would also like to point out that I am oddly happy about my pancake butt. I had a fatty round-ish booty and now it's like a test for me. I get to do a squat challenge and see how it improves my shape! :lol:

I want a booty like @MoHousdon :love:

You guys! You're making me blush. :blush: I can't wait to see what my bum/booty/rear end is going to look like now that I'm doing weighted squats.

The things I like about myself are my long fingers and fingernails, and my strong muscular shoulders. I've always had broad shoulders for my size, and I've never really liked them until recently when I started working out and shaping them. I also LOVE that I'm starting to see muscle definition in my quads. I love to stare at them when I'm doing squats. :smiley:

I also like my booty. :smiley:

• riderfangal
    Options

My eyes. I like my eyes. They are big and brown. My brothers call them cow eyes lol
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

Plus 1

Thanks, everyone. I just heard on the news that Zac's friend is in critical condition. So he is still alive, but it's not looking good. OTOH, my employer has some of the best trauma docs in the business. I'll keep you posted if I hear more.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

Plus 1

Thanks, everyone. I just heard on the news that Zac's friend is in critical condition. So he is still alive, but it's not looking good. OTOH, my employer has some of the best trauma docs in the business. I'll keep you posted if I hear more.

I'm so sorry about your friend's son and his friend. There's never a reason for violence. I pray that he heals soon and they catch the person that did this.

It edited out my word, so I changed it.

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

Plus 1

I'm so sorry to hear this Melissa. What terrible news. I will continue to send positive thoughts and hope for a better outcome.
  • Tubbs216
    edited August 2015
    Options

My eyes. I like my eyes. They are big and brown. My brothers call them cow eyes lol
    I have big brown eyes too, and they look nicer now because I've lost some weight from my face.
    Um, also I have nice thick hair and I'm in the Normal weight category again.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Charlie. We've had a manic party afternoon and I've just left, as I have to make the drive back to London tonight. He's had a brilliant day and is busy telling everyone he's 3.

That is so cute!!! Nowadays when my daughter meets new people, the first thing she says is 'I am five.'

My friend Heather's daughter is 4 and introduces herself, "My name is Maggie Lucille and I am a leader."

When I was 3-4 I introduced myself, "My name is Sawsan. S-A-W-S-A-N." To everyone. :p I was absolutely obsessed with my name being spelled right, apparently...

That is do cute. Is it an unusual name in Oman? And how is your back? Did you ever make it to the movies?

Well, I lived in the United States at the time, so it was an extremely rare name. ;) It's actually an uncommon name in Oman as well, but it's extremely common in Sudan (I know like... Three Sudani ladies with my name, and that's with my very limited social circle!) and fairly common in Saudi Arabia.

My back is finally starting to improve, and we went to Bahrain today! We saw Inside Out, and I LOVED it. It was amazing and super great! I didn't even need painkillers today, and that's with 5 hours in the car and two hours of sitting in the movie theater. :)

YAY!!! I'm so glad to hear your back is getting better!! I want to see Inside Out, too. I rarely go to the movies as it's such an expensive date here and I nearly always leave the theatre with a headache. I think I'm easily over-stimulated by loud audio and whatnot and it gives me a splitting headache. The last movie I saw in the theatre was... ummm.... Les Miserables a couple years ago. Heh... I'm a weirdo.

The last film I saw in the cinema was Les Misérables too! We can be weirdos together.

Last film I saw in a cinema was...The Other Boleyn Girl, about 10 years ago ! I hate going to the cinema. I'd rather sit in my pajamas, on my comfy sofa, with popcorn and drinks, with the ability to pause for wee breaks.

I love the cinema! At times I go nearly weekly and will occasionally take in a double feature!
    Me too. I don't go as often as you, but I do go probably monthly. We have a great second run cinema near us and I'll happily pay $5 to see pretty much anything there. I also am quite happy to see a movie by myself.