Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Charlie. We've had a manic party afternoon and I've just left, as I have to make the drive back to London tonight. He's had a brilliant day and is busy telling everyone he's 3.

That is so cute!!! Nowadays when my daughter meets new people, the first thing she says is 'I am five.'

My friend Heather's daughter is 4 and introduces herself, "My name is Maggie Lucille and I am a leader."

When I was 3-4 I introduced myself, "My name is Sawsan. S-A-W-S-A-N." To everyone. :p I was absolutely obsessed with my name being spelled right, apparently...

That is do cute. Is it an unusual name in Oman? And how is your back? Did you ever make it to the movies?

Well, I lived in the United States at the time, so it was an extremely rare name. ;) It's actually an uncommon name in Oman as well, but it's extremely common in Sudan (I know like... Three Sudani ladies with my name, and that's with my very limited social circle!) and fairly common in Saudi Arabia.

My back is finally starting to improve, and we went to Bahrain today! We saw Inside Out, and I LOVED it. It was amazing and super great! I didn't even need painkillers today, and that's with 5 hours in the car and two hours of sitting in the movie theater. :)

YAY!!! I'm so glad to hear your back is getting better!! I want to see Inside Out, too. I rarely go to the movies as it's such an expensive date here and I nearly always leave the theatre with a headache. I think I'm easily over-stimulated by loud audio and whatnot and it gives me a splitting headache. The last movie I saw in the theatre was... ummm.... Les Miserables a couple years ago. Heh... I'm a weirdo.

The last film I saw in the cinema was Les Misérables too! We can be weirdos together.
    No wonder you haven't been back! That was the most boring, depressing film I've seen for years.

Blasphemy! I love a bit of Les Mis. Love Eddie Redmayne as Marius and even Anne Hathawy was bearable. Although I did find Russell Crowe a bit comedic, I appreciated the effort that went into it.

I can't sing for toffee so it's a pity that when I do try I tend to go for such beautiful songs and destroy them. And I can't remember lyrics. I mostly only sing in the car when alone as it seems like cruel and unusual punishment to inflict it on anyone else.
    Haha! Yeah, Russell Crowe. Haha!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Had quite a down day yesterday, very negative. Realised I hadn't taken my medication for 5 days. Yes, naughty I know. I get so out of routine at home on weekends, and by the time the reminders go off on my phone, Charlie and I are already out for the day. I know its no excuse.

I am just generally fed up with looking in the mirror and seeing roll of fat stacked on top of roll of fat to make up my body (sorry @girldownsouth ). I know change doesn't happen over night, but this is week 5 damnit!

I did hit the gym yesterday, did 6k run, PT session (full body work out) and a spin class. That will hopefully mitigate some of the cake batter and biscuit dough.

I'm sorry some of you guys are struggling with motivation. Is there anything we can do to help? What motivates you? Challenges? Accountability? Work out buddy? Competition?

I think we all need some more positivity in here. Changes won't be instant so we need to find a bit more happiness in who we are right now. So I want everyone to share something that they like about themselves now, not something that could be good after losing some weight, or with a bit of toning, but something about you that is already great. Because other people don't look at you and only see the negative, especially if you are focusing on the positive yourself. And your much more likely to succeed in the long run if it's not all a means to an end.

So I want to hear all about your great long legs, pert bums (@MoHousdon, I'm looking at you), delicate wrists, emerging collarbones etc. Go and look in the mirror and find something that makes you smile, right now!

I'll go first and say that I like my waist. I appreciate that whatever size I have been I have distinct curves, and that makes me feel better about myself.

This is brilliant @girldownsouth ! You have made my morning.

I have the physique of an athlete. I feel confident in my ability to overcome physical challenges re: exercise or hiking or cycling. I know I'll never be 135lbs, but I don't want to be. I want to be muscular and fit and I see that emerging in myself.

Also, while some women might not like them, I love my smile lines. I am almost 39 years old and have done a lot of smiling and laughing in my life. My smile lines remind me of that and I appreciate that!

This all of this! I am pretty damn proud of where I am considering where I started (Physically, emotionally and mentally) when I started off on MFP. Yes there are days where I feel like its not enough and I still want to drop more weight (who doesn't?) but I am living and loving so that is a win.
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I haven't been very active recently, but I have been reading along. Am struggling a bit at the moment, for no particular reason. I really need to get back to exercising, but seem to have mislaid my motivation.

@Tubbs216

I think we all get like that from time to time. Maybe you just need to take a small mental break from dieting/exercise & eat at maintenance for a few days or weeks to give yourself a vacation from counting calories.
    Thanks Kelly. My diet is ok actually - it's the exercise I'm struggling with really. I was running 5k's and just stopped for some reason (vacation, got busy etc - all excuses) and haven't been able to get started again.

My first inclination was to shout "ZOMBIES!", but then I realized that probably people are tired of hearing me go on about how much I enjoy the Zombies. :wink:
  • jthurman3
    Options
    Anyone seen an update from Laura B? I really hope her trip's going well.

Nope, haven't gotten a trip update, but she is logging in and whatnot. I hope she's having a wonderful time!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Had quite a down day yesterday, very negative. Realised I hadn't taken my medication for 5 days. Yes, naughty I know. I get so out of routine at home on weekends, and by the time the reminders go off on my phone, Charlie and I are already out for the day. I know its no excuse.

I am just generally fed up with looking in the mirror and seeing roll of fat stacked on top of roll of fat to make up my body (sorry @girldownsouth ). I know change doesn't happen over night, but this is week 5 damnit!

I did hit the gym yesterday, did 6k run, PT session (full body work out) and a spin class. That will hopefully mitigate some of the cake batter and biscuit dough.

I'm sorry some of you guys are struggling with motivation. Is there anything we can do to help? What motivates you? Challenges? Accountability? Work out buddy? Competition?

I think we all need some more positivity in here. Changes won't be instant so we need to find a bit more happiness in who we are right now. So I want everyone to share something that they like about themselves now, not something that could be good after losing some weight, or with a bit of toning, but something about you that is already great. Because other people don't look at you and only see the negative, especially if you are focusing on the positive yourself. And your much more likely to succeed in the long run if it's not all a means to an end.

So I want to hear all about your great long legs, pert bums (@MoHousdon, I'm looking at you), delicate wrists, emerging collarbones etc. Go and look in the mirror and find something that makes you smile, right now!

I'll go first and say that I like my waist. I appreciate that whatever size I have been I have distinct curves, and that makes me feel better about myself.

I have really cool coloured eyes - they are undefineable. They are greeny, browny, hazelly, with flecks of yellow and blue. I never know what colour to write on forms so I just say hazel as I'm not sure what that's supposed to look like. Always liked my weird eye colour, it is a good reflection of me.

Also, for the first time in my life, my fingernails are growing uniformly and are strong. I think they look great! I'm enjoying it now since I think it's only temporary.

I like my eyes also. They change colors depending on what I wear and sunlight- sometimes they're yellow-gold, other times hazel and the green comes out more. I have them on my license as hazel, too, because gold-yellow-green with some ambery brown spots is too long to type lol :wink:

I have eyes like this. Sometimes they look blue, sometimes green. I have blue on my license and everywhere, but they are really blue with a lot of yellow. Hence they look green sometimes. People either love my eyes or think they are creepy (well I had a sister that said they were creepy so I have never forgotten that).
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    abatonfan wrote: »
    Just need to vent for a moment:

I hate diabetes. Been struggling to get below 140 (currently cruising between 150-170 even with more correction insulin than normal and upped basal rates), and I can't eat any "real food" until I get to a lower level (unless I want to deal with BG readings in the 200s+). My head's killing me because of these highs, I'm sick of low-carb protein shakes and am starving, and I want to curl into a corner and cry.

That sounds miserable. I assume the shakes are on doctor's orders?

Nope. It's because I experience wicked post-meal highs if my pre-meal BG is elevated. I could have 30g of carbs when I'm at 100 and only go to 160 1-2 hours later, while the exact same meal would send me to at least 220 if my pre-meal BG was 120. Just yesterday, I had some cottage cheese and carrots for lunch (about 17g net carbs, with roughly 63% of the calories coming from fat and protein), and it sent me from 119 to 200 within two hours, while it didn't spike me at all the day prior (starting BG around 95).

At least with the protein shakes, the macro distribution doesn't cause me to experience huge spikes (it works pretty well with the timing of my insulin). I could have one while I'm at 140 and might only go up to 170, while eating a similar number of carbs elsewhere might send me into the 250s.

What's frustrating me is that I'm taking more insulin than normal (I typically correct a 140 reading with 0.33 units of insulin. I took 0.75 units for a 140 reading today and did not come down one bit during the four hours after correcting), and I have absolutely no clue as to why I'm suddenly more insulin resistant. I don't know if I am coming down with something, or if I have been honeymooning for the past two years and am now starting to come out of it.

Edit: And it finally is starting to come down! The stuffed bell peppers in the refrigerator are calling my name! *happydance*
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Ack! Prayers and positive thoughts please...my friend Kristie's son was just in a gas station during a robbery!!! Zac is fine, but his carpool partner was shot. Zac is a wreck; Kristie is a wreck. They stopped for breakfast after a night shift. Zac's coworker is older and has three kids....so sad and senseless.

How awful! Definitely thinking of them all today.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I think everyone must have a case of the August blahs.

Going to look hard for my motivation this morning as well, it's pouring here which means all my steps are going to have to be on the treadmill today. Plus the rain makes me more blah.

Sorry I wasn't around much the last little bit - had Monday off and spent it with my husband. Yesterday was busy at work and then I did a bunch of housework when I got home last night.

Hope everyone has a better day today!

I know I've had a lack of motivation the past few months, & that's why I gained around 7-8 pounds from 153-161. Yesterday I decided enough is enough & put in a plan to eat around 1861 calories & exercise around 4-5 days a week. The main thing I need to do is stop mindlessly eating, keep eating more vegetables, & drink more water. I don't really have a new set goal weight in mind & hope to get to at least 145-155.

I'm also going to try making more homemade meals & not relying on frozen meals since I find I am more satiated.

I am getting worried about myself as well, lack of motivation, eating candy, drinking more diet soda, less water. It only takes a bit to derail me. I am sticking with water and no candy today. :)
  • jthurman3
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Charlie. We've had a manic party afternoon and I've just left, as I have to make the drive back to London tonight. He's had a brilliant day and is busy telling everyone he's 3.

That is so cute!!! Nowadays when my daughter meets new people, the first thing she says is 'I am five.'

My friend Heather's daughter is 4 and introduces herself, "My name is Maggie Lucille and I am a leader."

When I was 3-4 I introduced myself, "My name is Sawsan. S-A-W-S-A-N." To everyone. :p I was absolutely obsessed with my name being spelled right, apparently...

That is do cute. Is it an unusual name in Oman? And how is your back? Did you ever make it to the movies?

Well, I lived in the United States at the time, so it was an extremely rare name. ;) It's actually an uncommon name in Oman as well, but it's extremely common in Sudan (I know like... Three Sudani ladies with my name, and that's with my very limited social circle!) and fairly common in Saudi Arabia.

My back is finally starting to improve, and we went to Bahrain today! We saw Inside Out, and I LOVED it. It was amazing and super great! I didn't even need painkillers today, and that's with 5 hours in the car and two hours of sitting in the movie theater. :)

YAY!!! I'm so glad to hear your back is getting better!! I want to see Inside Out, too. I rarely go to the movies as it's such an expensive date here and I nearly always leave the theatre with a headache. I think I'm easily over-stimulated by loud audio and whatnot and it gives me a splitting headache. The last movie I saw in the theatre was... ummm.... Les Miserables a couple years ago. Heh... I'm a weirdo.

The last film I saw in the cinema was Les Misérables too! We can be weirdos together.
    No wonder you haven't been back! That was the most boring, depressing film I've seen for years.

Blasphemy! I love a bit of Les Mis. Love Eddie Redmayne as Marius and even Anne Hathawy was bearable. Although I did find Russell Crowe a bit comedic, I appreciated the effort that went into it.

I can't sing for toffee so it's a pity that when I do try I tend to go for such beautiful songs and destroy them. And I can't remember lyrics. I mostly only sing in the car when alone as it seems like cruel and unusual punishment to inflict it on anyone else.

I agree 100% with @spamarie on the Les Mis front. I LOVED Samantha Barks as Eponine and Helena Bonham Carter was fabulous. Russell Crowe tried really hard, but was clearly out of his league vocally. Anyhow, I actually have a bunch of songs from Les Miserables on my workout playlist (not the movie Les Mis, the 10th anniversary London Theatre cast version). I'm a Broadway kinda girl. :)
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

I have really cool coloured eyes - they are undefineable. They are greeny, browny, hazelly, with flecks of yellow and blue. I never know what colour to write on forms so I just say hazel as I'm not sure what that's supposed to look like. Always liked my weird eye colour, it is a good reflection of me.

Also, for the first time in my life, my fingernails are growing uniformly and are strong. I think they look great! I'm enjoying it now since I think it's only temporary.

I like my eyes also. They change colors depending on what I wear and sunlight- sometimes they're yellow-gold, other times hazel and the green comes out more. I have them on my license as hazel, too, because gold-yellow-green with some ambery brown spots is too long to type lol :wink:

I have eyes like this. Sometimes they look blue, sometimes green. I have blue on my license and everywhere, but they are really blue with a lot of yellow. Hence they look green sometimes. People either love my eyes or think they are creepy (well I had a sister that said they were creepy so I have never forgotten that).

Yup, mine will change depending on what I'm wearing. They will match the shade of my shirts almost exactly...blue, green, or grey. I've had people think I was wearing colored contacts matched to my shirts...uhhh, no.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm so sick of school.

Other confession Awesome fact: If I can keep it up, I'll be done by the end of the year!!!!!!!!!

I've still got 2 years to go! I guess that's what I get for changing my major after one year in lol!

What are you going for? I'm working on my MBA in a self-paced program, so it really is all on me as to WHEN I finish. Though, any sooner than the end of the year just isn't reasonable considering the amount of assignments I have to complete per class, especially working full time.

Accounting. I'm right now going for my associates degree, not sure if I'm going any further or not. I was going for nursing, then physical therapy assistant, but I realized I missed what I normally do (taxes) so I changed again to stay in that field.
  • jthurman3
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Where have @m1xm0d3 and @FluffySandwich been? They're both MIA...unless I've missed some posts??

@m1xm0d3 just posted on his wall that his grandmother had passed and that's why hes been MIA. In case any of you don't have him on your list.

Oh no! Thinking of him. :(
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I confess that complimenting myself makes me feel... Guilt. Like I shouldn't be saying such things or I'm telling a huge pack of lies. :/

Why??? Do you ever wonder about what in your history or childhood causes this? I always do. Because I don't feel guilt but I sure don't like myself much. And logically that is sad.

I'm really not sure, but I do wonder. For me, I think it's most likely because I was very overweight as a child--that takes a huge toll on self-esteem and self-confidence, especially when it starts at a young age. That's possibly why it feels so wrong to like myself, because everyone seems to think that fat people should despise themselves--and many do. :-/

I think for me it was middle child syndrome and really tough parents. I was never the prettiest, smartest, the heavy kid, and always socially awkward. With 5 kids there was always someone better! Plus my parents always found faults, never positives. You could always have done something better. Luckily age has made me care less, and I have turned out OK, but I still feel like the fat, awkward, struggling kid sometimes. So I have a split personality on this one. :)
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I think everyone must have a case of the August blahs.

Going to look hard for my motivation this morning as well, it's pouring here which means all my steps are going to have to be on the treadmill today. Plus the rain makes me more blah.

Sorry I wasn't around much the last little bit - had Monday off and spent it with my husband. Yesterday was busy at work and then I did a bunch of housework when I got home last night.

Hope everyone has a better day today!

I know I've had a lack of motivation the past few months, & that's why I gained around 7-8 pounds from 153-161. Yesterday I decided enough is enough & put in a plan to eat around 1861 calories & exercise around 4-5 days a week. The main thing I need to do is stop mindlessly eating, keep eating more vegetables, & drink more water. I don't really have a new set goal weight in mind & hope to get to at least 145-155.

I'm also going to try making more homemade meals & not relying on frozen meals since I find I am more satiated.

I am getting worried about myself as well, lack of motivation, eating candy, drinking more diet soda, less water. It only takes a bit to derail me. I am sticking with water and no candy today. :)

As soon as you get back into your exercise routine now that you're cleared to do so, you'll be back at it.
  • jthurman3
    Options
    @pofoster21 How was your ride last night? Was that your first ride since being on restrictions?
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    I confess that complimenting myself makes me feel... Guilt. Like I shouldn't be saying such things or I'm telling a huge pack of lies. :/

Why??? Do you ever wonder about what in your history or childhood causes this? I always do. Because I don't feel guilt but I sure don't like myself much. And logically that is sad.

I'm really not sure, but I do wonder. For me, I think it's most likely because I was very overweight as a child--that takes a huge toll on self-esteem and self-confidence, especially when it starts at a young age. That's possibly why it feels so wrong to like myself, because everyone seems to think that fat people should despise themselves--and many do. :-/

I think for me it was middle child syndrome and really tough parents. I was never the prettiest, smartest, the heavy kid, and always socially awkward. With 5 kids there was always someone better! Plus my parents always found faults, never positives. You could always have done something better. Luckily age has made me care less, and I have turned out OK, but I still feel like the fat, awkward, struggling kid sometimes. So I have a split personality on this one. :)

I think you have turned out more than ok, fabulous actually. There is also 5 kids in my family so I totally get the feeling that there was someone always better, thinner, smarter or more athletic. Even when I went home this weekend the feeling of inadequacy crept in a bit although I did my best to ignore it.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Okay, I have to stop checking in again after this but here is what I like about myself:

I am smart
    I am creative
    I am really hardworking (I feel like we did this before but I'll repeat myself :))
    I like that I do things not everyone does and am willing to try new things
    I like that I don't have talent in a lot of things but don't care, I do it anyway (ride, run, bike, swim)
    I like my taste in shoes (and I like shoes!)
    I like that when I decide to do something, I can get it done no matter what the obstacle is (but I don't like that I am a major procrastinator)

Bodywise:
    I have a tiny waist (people comment on it all the time)
    I like my eyes (already made a comment about that)
    I like my hair (I have a lot of hair, even if its not 'thick' strand wise)
    I do think my feet are OK (but I don't like my hands)
    I like how I look in clothes now that I have lost weight (not so much naked but ah well)

I think that is it! That seems like a longer list than everyone else, but there you go!

Back to work. I'll pick up reading backwards later. Have a great day all!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    NSV today: A guy at work asked me if I had to stand up twice to make a shadow now. I was like "What?" He said well you have lost so much weight I don't think just one of you would make a shadow. I had never heard it put like that before :)
  • jthurman3
    Options
    NSV today: A guy at work asked me if I had to stand up twice to make a shadow now. I was like "What?" He said well you have lost so much weight I don't think just one of you would make a shadow. I had never heard it put like that before :)

Aw!! That's adorable AND fabulous! Total NSV!!

(Also - welcome back!! Glad you're here! I caught a CFL game on ESPN the other night and loved it.)
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

That's funny :smile: