Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Charlie. We've had a manic party afternoon and I've just left, as I have to make the drive back to London tonight. He's had a brilliant day and is busy telling everyone he's 3.

That is so cute!!! Nowadays when my daughter meets new people, the first thing she says is 'I am five.'

My friend Heather's daughter is 4 and introduces herself, "My name is Maggie Lucille and I am a leader."

When I was 3-4 I introduced myself, "My name is Sawsan. S-A-W-S-A-N." To everyone. :p I was absolutely obsessed with my name being spelled right, apparently...

That is do cute. Is it an unusual name in Oman? And how is your back? Did you ever make it to the movies?

Well, I lived in the United States at the time, so it was an extremely rare name. ;) It's actually an uncommon name in Oman as well, but it's extremely common in Sudan (I know like... Three Sudani ladies with my name, and that's with my very limited social circle!) and fairly common in Saudi Arabia.

My back is finally starting to improve, and we went to Bahrain today! We saw Inside Out, and I LOVED it. It was amazing and super great! I didn't even need painkillers today, and that's with 5 hours in the car and two hours of sitting in the movie theater. :)

YAY!!! I'm so glad to hear your back is getting better!! I want to see Inside Out, too. I rarely go to the movies as it's such an expensive date here and I nearly always leave the theatre with a headache. I think I'm easily over-stimulated by loud audio and whatnot and it gives me a splitting headache. The last movie I saw in the theatre was... ummm.... Les Miserables a couple years ago. Heh... I'm a weirdo.

The last film I saw in the cinema was Les Misérables too! We can be weirdos together.
    No wonder you haven't been back! That was the most boring, depressing film I've seen for years.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Ack! Prayers and positive thoughts please...my friend Kristie's son was just in a gas station during a robbery!!! Zac is fine, but his carpool partner was shot. Zac is a wreck; Kristie is a wreck. They stopped for breakfast after a night shift. Zac's coworker is older and has three kids....so sad and senseless.

OH NO!!!!!!!!! Fingers crossed everything will be ok.
    Yes to this. I hope he is going to be ok.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I haven't been very active recently, but I have been reading along. Am struggling a bit at the moment, for no particular reason. I really need to get back to exercising, but seem to have mislaid my motivation.

@Tubbs216

I think we all get like that from time to time. Maybe you just need to take a small mental break from dieting/exercise & eat at maintenance for a few days or weeks to give yourself a vacation from counting calories.
    Thanks Kelly. My diet is ok actually - it's the exercise I'm struggling with really. I was running 5k's and just stopped for some reason (vacation, got busy etc - all excuses) and haven't been able to get started again.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Had quite a down day yesterday, very negative. Realised I hadn't taken my medication for 5 days. Yes, naughty I know. I get so out of routine at home on weekends, and by the time the reminders go off on my phone, Charlie and I are already out for the day. I know its no excuse.

I am just generally fed up with looking in the mirror and seeing roll of fat stacked on top of roll of fat to make up my body (sorry @girldownsouth ). I know change doesn't happen over night, but this is week 5 damnit!

I did hit the gym yesterday, did 6k run, PT session (full body work out) and a spin class. That will hopefully mitigate some of the cake batter and biscuit dough.

I'm sorry some of you guys are struggling with motivation. Is there anything we can do to help? What motivates you? Challenges? Accountability? Work out buddy? Competition?

I think we all need some more positivity in here. Changes won't be instant so we need to find a bit more happiness in who we are right now. So I want everyone to share something that they like about themselves now, not something that could be good after losing some weight, or with a bit of toning, but something about you that is already great. Because other people don't look at you and only see the negative, especially if you are focusing on the positive yourself. And your much more likely to succeed in the long run if it's not all a means to an end.

So I want to hear all about your great long legs, pert bums (@MoHousdon, I'm looking at you), delicate wrists, emerging collarbones etc. Go and look in the mirror and find something that makes you smile, right now!

I'll go first and say that I like my waist. I appreciate that whatever size I have been I have distinct curves, and that makes me feel better about myself.

I'm loving my butt lately. Squats are working wonders. I look fabulous in the dress pants I have on today.

I have super long thin fingers and terrific fingernails (I should have been a hand model LOL).

And there is this new muscle, right at the top of my inner elbow (the bottom of my biceps?), that I am currently loving on. It was never noticeable before, and I keep touching it.

I also love my feet. Although they are size 11, they aren't funky/lumpy/ugly like some feet I've seen. (I hated my feet growing up.)

Honestly, there is more to my body that I like than I dislike. SL 5X5's is responsible for a lot of that.

@quiksylver296 I'm not sure if you've mentioned this before, but how long have you been doing SL?
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Anyone seen an update from Laura B? I really hope her trip's going well.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I'm still way behind on the forum but I have letters ready to send out to the people who were on the card exchange page (I think the thread in the batcave is gone). Who should I send something for Susie to? I couldn't remember who said they would stockpile everything and send it FedEx.

To @riderfangal :)

• MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Ugh I weighed myself this morning. Why did I do that? I knew I wasn't going to like what I saw.

I'm nearly 20 weeks pregnant with a fairly obvious bump now. I know logically I should be putting on weight. And I think most of the weight I've put on is bump- and boob-centric. I just worry I'm putting on too much, too fast. At this rate I will be enormous by the time I give birth. And I don't know how to slow it down since I've not been eating for two. Sure, my diet has relaxed from when I was losing weight before, but it's not terrible. It's all very well the midwife saying just don't put on weight too fast, but I have no idea how to actually apply that in real life.

I'm finding it hard to adjust to my body changing so fast since I didn't have a bump at all 4 weeks ago, and now none of my clothes fit. Takes me 4 attempts to get dressed every morning as even the stuff that fits just irritates me. I'm waiting for this supposed 2nd trimester bloom to start...

I'm having a woe-is-me day. I'm happy to be pregnant really. Thanks for putting up with my rant!

What's a 2nd trimester bloom? Could you find some sort of chart or information on roughly how much weight you should gain? I feel for you, I hate vague advice.

The advice for someone whose BMI is overweight is to gain 15-25 pounds at most. I'm already at 15 pounds gained and only halfway through the pregnancy, and you put on more towards the end, so I feel like I'll easily blow 25 pounds out of the park. In my defense, I've always felt like BMI as a measure of 'overweightness' is a bit rubbish. As a shorty my BMI always struck me as very high for my size. It was about 28 when I was a UK 12. I got down to a UK size 10 once and it was still about 26. Even so, if I put on another 15-20 pounds in the next 20 weeks, which I feel I could very easily do at my current rate, it will be 'too much' according to the NHS.

The advice seems to assume I am currently eating nothing but cake and chips and double portions at that. I'm not. I know not to eat for two, and I know what healthy eating looks like - I lost weight healthily before getting pregnant. Your hormones go crazy and your metabolism changes during pregnancy and what worked before does not work the same way now. I'm trying to not let it bother me and go with the flow but it's not easy.

I guess in summary, I just dislike feeling out of control and out of sync with my body. Better get used to it I guess!

Don't be so hard on yourself while you are pregnant!! Do not over do it, but you can get back to it after birth. Sometimes during pregnancy you cannot control what you gain, you have no idea how much of that is baby!!

When I was pregnant with my son, I was already heavy, around like 220lbs or so. I was gaining weight at a faster rate than my OBG wanted and he hassled me for it. I ate a DR prescribed diabetic diet to a tee because I was so scared of something bad happening to baby.

By the time I went to give birth, I had gained 72 pounds, and my DR accused me of lying and eating more than I should have etc. When they weighed me after birth, I lost 57 pounds giving birth. Mind you, I had a 12lbs baby and a 10lb placenta. I made sure when my OBG came in the next morning I let him know that I only actually gained 15lbs.

Just saying, since I never had kids it didn't occur to me that the placenta could weigh that much. It makes sense but it surprised me! Lol
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Ack! Prayers and positive thoughts please...my friend Kristie's son was just in a gas station during a robbery!!! Zac is fine, but his carpool partner was shot. Zac is a wreck; Kristie is a wreck. They stopped for breakfast after a night shift. Zac's coworker is older and has three kids....so sad and senseless.

I'm so sorry! That's terrible. Is the co-worker alive, or did the shot kill him? His poor family. :( I hope Zac and Kristie will be alright--that must have shaken them right up.

Kristie says alive, but they sent him to our trauma center in Bristol instead of to the closest ER, so it's not good. I'll let you know when I hear from Kristie again.

For his family's sake, I sure hope he'll be alright. Thoughts and prayers for him and his family.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

She should be back - I think she was flying in last night. Probably sleeping off the jet lag.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Nope, but I've been wondering about her! I hope she's having an absolute blast and forgets all about us until she comes back. ;) Does anyone remember how long she said she was going to be in the UK?
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Charlie. We've had a manic party afternoon and I've just left, as I have to make the drive back to London tonight. He's had a brilliant day and is busy telling everyone he's 3.

That is so cute!!! Nowadays when my daughter meets new people, the first thing she says is 'I am five.'

My friend Heather's daughter is 4 and introduces herself, "My name is Maggie Lucille and I am a leader."

When I was 3-4 I introduced myself, "My name is Sawsan. S-A-W-S-A-N." To everyone. :p I was absolutely obsessed with my name being spelled right, apparently...

That is do cute. Is it an unusual name in Oman? And how is your back? Did you ever make it to the movies?

Well, I lived in the United States at the time, so it was an extremely rare name. ;) It's actually an uncommon name in Oman as well, but it's extremely common in Sudan (I know like... Three Sudani ladies with my name, and that's with my very limited social circle!) and fairly common in Saudi Arabia.

My back is finally starting to improve, and we went to Bahrain today! We saw Inside Out, and I LOVED it. It was amazing and super great! I didn't even need painkillers today, and that's with 5 hours in the car and two hours of sitting in the movie theater. :)

YAY!!! I'm so glad to hear your back is getting better!! I want to see Inside Out, too. I rarely go to the movies as it's such an expensive date here and I nearly always leave the theatre with a headache. I think I'm easily over-stimulated by loud audio and whatnot and it gives me a splitting headache. The last movie I saw in the theatre was... ummm.... Les Miserables a couple years ago. Heh... I'm a weirdo.

The last film I saw in the cinema was Les Misérables too! We can be weirdos together.
    No wonder you haven't been back! That was the most boring, depressing film I've seen for years.

Blasphemy! I love a bit of Les Mis. Love Eddie Redmayne as Marius and even Anne Hathawy was bearable. Although I did find Russell Crowe a bit comedic, I appreciated the effort that went into it.

I can't sing for toffee so it's a pity that when I do try I tend to go for such beautiful songs and destroy them. And I can't remember lyrics. I mostly only sing in the car when alone as it seems like cruel and unusual punishment to inflict it on anyone else.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

Blasphemy! I love a bit of Les Mis. Love Eddie Redmayne as Marius and even Anne Hathawy was bearable. Although I did find Russell Crowe a bit comedic, I appreciated the effort that went into it.

I can't sing for toffee so it's a pity that when I do try I tend to go for such beautiful songs and destroy them. And I can't remember lyrics. I mostly only sing in the car when alone as it seems like cruel and unusual punishment to inflict it on anyone else.

You can use this as a form of discipline of your future child.

• MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options

Holy crow! Tons and tons of good thoughts and crossed fingers! So unreal.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Just need to vent for a moment:

I hate diabetes. Been struggling to get below 140 (currently cruising between 150-170 even with more correction insulin than normal and upped basal rates), and I can't eat any "real food" until I get to a lower level (unless I want to deal with BG readings in the 200s+). My head's killing me because of these highs, I'm sick of low-carb protein shakes and am starving, and I want to curl into a corner and cry.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    abatonfan wrote: »
    Just need to vent for a moment:

I hate diabetes. Been struggling to get below 140 (currently cruising between 150-170 even with more correction insulin than normal and upped basal rates), and I can't eat any "real food" until I get to a lower level (unless I want to deal with BG readings in the 200s+). My head's killing me because of these highs, I'm sick of low-carb protein shakes and am starving, and I want to curl into a corner and cry.

I'm sorry that you're going through this. :( Diabetes is a horrible disease. I really hope it eases up on you soon!
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I didn't get to do SL tonight, but we unloaded the first of the new weights. All the plates, some dumbells, olympic dumbell bars, curl bar and stuff. It was heavy enough, plus we moved the other machine out of the garage. That had two 250lb weight stacks we had to move. Enough heavy stuff for me!! That counts.

Yay!!! I'm excited for you to get all set up at home!!
  • jthurman3
    Options
    NSV: I know it's not totally accurate, but when I tested my body fat% at the Y in February, it was 26.3. Tonight it was 25.3% Recomp.is happening!!!!

Wow!! That's fantastic!! Nice job!
  • jthurman3
    Options
    Hello everyone. I haven't been very active recently, but I have been reading along. Am struggling a bit at the moment, for no particular reason. I really need to get back to exercising, but seem to have mislaid my motivation.

I totally understand... I've been doing ok so far, but next week is vacation. I think I may lose all sorts of mojo then, and I'm down to the last 15lbs I'd like to lose. Eep! Anything we can do to help, @Tubbs216 ?
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Where have @m1xm0d3 and @FluffySandwich been? They're both MIA...unless I've missed some posts??
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Morning all. Had quite a down day yesterday, very negative. Realised I hadn't taken my medication for 5 days. Yes, naughty I know. I get so out of routine at home on weekends, and by the time the reminders go off on my phone, Charlie and I are already out for the day. I know its no excuse.

I am just generally fed up with looking in the mirror and seeing roll of fat stacked on top of roll of fat to make up my body (sorry @girldownsouth ). I know change doesn't happen over night, but this is week 5 damnit!

I did hit the gym yesterday, did 6k run, PT session (full body work out) and a spin class. That will hopefully mitigate some of the cake batter and biscuit dough.

I'm sorry some of you guys are struggling with motivation. Is there anything we can do to help? What motivates you? Challenges? Accountability? Work out buddy? Competition?

I think we all need some more positivity in here. Changes won't be instant so we need to find a bit more happiness in who we are right now. So I want everyone to share something that they like about themselves now, not something that could be good after losing some weight, or with a bit of toning, but something about you that is already great. Because other people don't look at you and only see the negative, especially if you are focusing on the positive yourself. And your much more likely to succeed in the long run if it's not all a means to an end.

So I want to hear all about your great long legs, pert bums (@MoHousdon, I'm looking at you), delicate wrists, emerging collarbones etc. Go and look in the mirror and find something that makes you smile, right now!

I'll go first and say that I like my waist. I appreciate that whatever size I have been I have distinct curves, and that makes me feel better about myself.

I'm loving my butt lately. Squats are working wonders. I look fabulous in the dress pants I have on today.

I have super long thin fingers and terrific fingernails (I should have been a hand model LOL).

And there is this new muscle, right at the top of my inner elbow (the bottom of my biceps?), that I am currently loving on. It was never noticeable before, and I keep touching it.

I also love my feet. Although they are size 11, they aren't funky/lumpy/ugly like some feet I've seen. (I hated my feet growing up.)

Honestly, there is more to my body that I like than I dislike. SL 5X5's is responsible for a lot of that.

@quiksylver296 I'm not sure if you've mentioned this before, but how long have you been doing SL?

Started November 2014. Not quite a year yet.