Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Charlie. We've had a manic party afternoon and I've just left, as I have to make the drive back to London tonight. He's had a brilliant day and is busy telling everyone he's 3.

That is so cute!!! Nowadays when my daughter meets new people, the first thing she says is 'I am five.'

My friend Heather's daughter is 4 and introduces herself, "My name is Maggie Lucille and I am a leader."

When I was 3-4 I introduced myself, "My name is Sawsan. S-A-W-S-A-N." To everyone. :p I was absolutely obsessed with my name being spelled right, apparently...

That is do cute. Is it an unusual name in Oman? And how is your back? Did you ever make it to the movies?

Well, I lived in the United States at the time, so it was an extremely rare name. ;) It's actually an uncommon name in Oman as well, but it's extremely common in Sudan (I know like... Three Sudani ladies with my name, and that's with my very limited social circle!) and fairly common in Saudi Arabia.

My back is finally starting to improve, and we went to Bahrain today! We saw Inside Out, and I LOVED it. It was amazing and super great! I didn't even need painkillers today, and that's with 5 hours in the car and two hours of sitting in the movie theater. :)

YAY!!! I'm so glad to hear your back is getting better!! I want to see Inside Out, too. I rarely go to the movies as it's such an expensive date here and I nearly always leave the theatre with a headache. I think I'm easily over-stimulated by loud audio and whatnot and it gives me a splitting headache. The last movie I saw in the theatre was... ummm.... Les Miserables a couple years ago. Heh... I'm a weirdo.

The last film I saw in the cinema was Les Misérables too! We can be weirdos together.

Last film I saw in a cinema was...The Other Boleyn Girl, about 10 years ago ! I hate going to the cinema. I'd rather sit in my pajamas, on my comfy sofa, with popcorn and drinks, with the ability to pause for wee breaks.

^This x 1000 for me! I :heart: Netflix. I'm so glad I'm not the only one! @spamarie @orangesmartie
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Had quite a down day yesterday, very negative. Realised I hadn't taken my medication for 5 days. Yes, naughty I know. I get so out of routine at home on weekends, and by the time the reminders go off on my phone, Charlie and I are already out for the day. I know its no excuse.

I am just generally fed up with looking in the mirror and seeing roll of fat stacked on top of roll of fat to make up my body (sorry @girldownsouth ). I know change doesn't happen over night, but this is week 5 damnit!

I did hit the gym yesterday, did 6k run, PT session (full body work out) and a spin class. That will hopefully mitigate some of the cake batter and biscuit dough.

I'm sorry some of you guys are struggling with motivation. Is there anything we can do to help? What motivates you? Challenges? Accountability? Work out buddy? Competition?

I think we all need some more positivity in here. Changes won't be instant so we need to find a bit more happiness in who we are right now. So I want everyone to share something that they like about themselves now, not something that could be good after losing some weight, or with a bit of toning, but something about you that is already great. Because other people don't look at you and only see the negative, especially if you are focusing on the positive yourself. And your much more likely to succeed in the long run if it's not all a means to an end.

So I want to hear all about your great long legs, pert bums (@MoHousdon, I'm looking at you), delicate wrists, emerging collarbones etc. Go and look in the mirror and find something that makes you smile, right now!

I'll go first and say that I like my waist. I appreciate that whatever size I have been I have distinct curves, and that makes me feel better about myself.

Would it be totally bad if I said the only things on my body I like are my boobs? :neutral:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    abatonfan wrote: »
    Just need to vent for a moment:

I hate diabetes. Been struggling to get below 140 (currently cruising between 150-170 even with more correction insulin than normal and upped basal rates), and I can't eat any "real food" until I get to a lower level (unless I want to deal with BG readings in the 200s+). My head's killing me because of these highs, I'm sick of low-carb protein shakes and am starving, and I want to curl into a corner and cry.

That sounds miserable. I assume the shakes are on doctor's orders?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Had quite a down day yesterday, very negative. Realised I hadn't taken my medication for 5 days. Yes, naughty I know. I get so out of routine at home on weekends, and by the time the reminders go off on my phone, Charlie and I are already out for the day. I know its no excuse.

I am just generally fed up with looking in the mirror and seeing roll of fat stacked on top of roll of fat to make up my body (sorry @girldownsouth ). I know change doesn't happen over night, but this is week 5 damnit!

I did hit the gym yesterday, did 6k run, PT session (full body work out) and a spin class. That will hopefully mitigate some of the cake batter and biscuit dough.

I'm sorry some of you guys are struggling with motivation. Is there anything we can do to help? What motivates you? Challenges? Accountability? Work out buddy? Competition?

I think we all need some more positivity in here. Changes won't be instant so we need to find a bit more happiness in who we are right now. So I want everyone to share something that they like about themselves now, not something that could be good after losing some weight, or with a bit of toning, but something about you that is already great. Because other people don't look at you and only see the negative, especially if you are focusing on the positive yourself. And your much more likely to succeed in the long run if it's not all a means to an end.

So I want to hear all about your great long legs, pert bums (@MoHousdon, I'm looking at you), delicate wrists, emerging collarbones etc. Go and look in the mirror and find something that makes you smile, right now!

I'll go first and say that I like my waist. I appreciate that whatever size I have been I have distinct curves, and that makes me feel better about myself.

Would it be totally bad if I said the only things on my body I like are my boobs? :neutral:

Boobs are a pretty good feature to like! ;)
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Where have @m1xm0d3 and @FluffySandwich been? They're both MIA...unless I've missed some posts??

@m1xm0d3 just posted on his wall that his grandmother had passed and that's why hes been MIA. In case any of you don't have him on your list.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Where have @m1xm0d3 and @FluffySandwich been? They're both MIA...unless I've missed some posts??

@m1xm0d3 just posted on his wall that his grandmother had passed and that's why hes been MIA. In case any of you don't have him on your list.

Oh my! Please let him know I'll be keeping him and his family in my prayers! ❤️
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    NSV: I know it's not totally accurate, but when I tested my body fat% at the Y in February, it was 26.3. Tonight it was 25.3% Recomp.is happening!!!!

Wow!! That's fantastic!! Nice job!

Nice
  • jthurman3
    Options

This is brilliant @girldownsouth ! You have made my morning.

I have the physique of an athlete. I feel confident in my ability to overcome physical challenges re: exercise or hiking or cycling. I know I'll never be 135lbs, but I don't want to be. I want to be muscular and fit and I see that emerging in myself.

Also, while some women might not like them, I love my smile lines. I am almost 39 years old and have done a lot of smiling and laughing in my life. My smile lines remind me of that and I appreciate that!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Charlie. We've had a manic party afternoon and I've just left, as I have to make the drive back to London tonight. He's had a brilliant day and is busy telling everyone he's 3.

That is so cute!!! Nowadays when my daughter meets new people, the first thing she says is 'I am five.'

My friend Heather's daughter is 4 and introduces herself, "My name is Maggie Lucille and I am a leader."

When I was 3-4 I introduced myself, "My name is Sawsan. S-A-W-S-A-N." To everyone. :p I was absolutely obsessed with my name being spelled right, apparently...

That is do cute. Is it an unusual name in Oman? And how is your back? Did you ever make it to the movies?

Well, I lived in the United States at the time, so it was an extremely rare name. ;) It's actually an uncommon name in Oman as well, but it's extremely common in Sudan (I know like... Three Sudani ladies with my name, and that's with my very limited social circle!) and fairly common in Saudi Arabia.

My back is finally starting to improve, and we went to Bahrain today! We saw Inside Out, and I LOVED it. It was amazing and super great! I didn't even need painkillers today, and that's with 5 hours in the car and two hours of sitting in the movie theater. :)

YAY!!! I'm so glad to hear your back is getting better!! I want to see Inside Out, too. I rarely go to the movies as it's such an expensive date here and I nearly always leave the theatre with a headache. I think I'm easily over-stimulated by loud audio and whatnot and it gives me a splitting headache. The last movie I saw in the theatre was... ummm.... Les Miserables a couple years ago. Heh... I'm a weirdo.

The last film I saw in the cinema was Les Misérables too! We can be weirdos together.
    No wonder you haven't been back! That was the most boring, depressing film I've seen for years.

Blasphemy! I love a bit of Les Mis. Love Eddie Redmayne as Marius and even Anne Hathawy was bearable. Although I did find Russell Crowe a bit comedic, I appreciated the effort that went into it.

I can't sing for toffee so it's a pity that when I do try I tend to go for such beautiful songs and destroy them. And I can't remember lyrics. I mostly only sing in the car when alone as it seems like cruel and unusual punishment to inflict it on anyone else.

I love Les Mis! The play! The music. Even the film was OK and I love Eddie Redmayne. :)
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options

Boobs are a pretty good feature to like! ;)

I'll quote my hubs on this: "If you want to lose weight, go for it, but please don't lose your butt or your boobs!"

He thinks I'm perfect as is, but I'm not exactly happy with me right now. I'm trying to fix it now so Raelynn doesn't have to see her mom being unhappy with her image and then start the same thing, like I did. :/
  • jthurman3
    Options
    Ack! Prayers and positive thoughts please...my friend Kristie's son was just in a gas station during a robbery!!! Zac is fine, but his carpool partner was shot. Zac is a wreck; Kristie is a wreck. They stopped for breakfast after a night shift. Zac's coworker is older and has three kids....so sad and senseless.

Oh no!!! I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending good thoughts for Zac and his coworker.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I haven't been very active recently, but I have been reading along. Am struggling a bit at the moment, for no particular reason. I really need to get back to exercising, but seem to have mislaid my motivation.

I totally understand... I've been doing ok so far, but next week is vacation. I think I may lose all sorts of mojo then, and I'm down to the last 15lbs I'd like to lose. Eep! Anything we can do to help, @Tubbs216 ?
    Aw, you're all so sweet. Thank you, and anyone else who wants to give me a giant kick in the pants.
    The next couple of weeks belong to other people - I need to (want to) be running my sister around, helping #1 son find a job, getting #2 son through his Learner's test and started at high school, getting my daughter's health under control (she sees the Gyno on Friday), etc etc. THEN I will take some time to really get myself together. Things aren't terrible at all - I'm the lightest I've been in about 15 years, and I'm very happy about that. I just know that I feel better with a bit more exercise, so I need to get back to it.

Maybe we should start a little Batcave challenge for anyone who's losing it a bit...?
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Confession: I'm so sick of school.

Other confession Awesome fact: If I can keep it up, I'll be done by the end of the year!!!!!!!!!
  • Oberon21
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Anyone seen an update from Laura B? I really hope her trip's going well.

Nope, but I've been wondering about her! I hope she's having an absolute blast and forgets all about us until she comes back. ;) Does anyone remember how long she said she was going to be in the UK?

She posted an update a bit ago (here/in home feed?) that she was having a blast. She has been logging in as I get her "logged in for XXX number of days in a row". I think she was gone at least 3 weeks so maybe she'll be returning soon (if she DECIDES to come back).

ETA: Cindy gave a better answer!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »

Oh yikes! Ok, hadn't checked the home page in a bit so I missed his update! :(
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Anyone seen an update from Laura B? I really hope her trip's going well.

She should be back - I think she was flying in last night. Probably sleeping off the jet lag.

Ah well there you go... never mind my post!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

This is brilliant @girldownsouth ! You have made my morning.

I have the physique of an athlete. I feel confident in my ability to overcome physical challenges re: exercise or hiking or cycling. I know I'll never be 135lbs, but I don't want to be. I want to be muscular and fit and I see that emerging in myself.

Also, while some women might not like them, I love my smile lines. I am almost 39 years old and have done a lot of smiling and laughing in my life. My smile lines remind me of that and I appreciate that!
    I love that!!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options

Other confession Awesome fact: If I can keep it up, I'll be done by the end of the year!!!!!!!!!

I've still got 2 years to go! I guess that's what I get for changing my major after one year in lol!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options

I've still got 2 years to go! I guess that's what I get for changing my major after one year in lol!

What are you going for? I'm working on my MBA in a self-paced program, so it really is all on me as to WHEN I finish. Though, any sooner than the end of the year just isn't reasonable considering the amount of assignments I have to complete per class, especially working full time.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Sending many, many prayers and positive thoughts for your friend, @MelissaPhippsFeagins!!!! That is just terrible!

Plus 1

Thanks, everyone. I just heard on the news that Zac's friend is in critical condition. So he is still alive, but it's not looking good. OTOH, my employer has some of the best trauma docs in the business. I'll keep you posted if I hear more.

Reading backwards but this is so awful and my prayers are with him. Thank goodness he is still alive!