Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    fr3smyl wrote: »
    kpfry67 wrote: »
    I pretty much skip entering bad snacks on my food
    festerw wrote: »
    Today marks 1 year of food logging for me, this time last year I was 250lbs and wearing 42" waist pants and couldn't run an 1/8 of a mile. Now I'm 180lbs, wearing 32" waist pants and run 3 miles a few times a week.

The really surprising part to me is that with the exception of the first month it just seems too easy and I feel like if I stop logging the weight will show back up overnight.

Happy anniversary! Great loss and fitness gain!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    DSC_0553.JPG

I don't if this works!

ETA: it did! This was Charlie and I at the end of our day at the zoo

and i might be a little bit biased, but i do think he really is a beautiful kid

He is adorable!!! Looks like those 8 miles paid off...so tuckered out at the end!!
    Sorry to hear about your mom.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Today marks 1 year of food logging for me, this time last year I was 250lbs and wearing 42" waist pants and couldn't run an 1/8 of a mile. Now I'm 180lbs, wearing 32" waist pants and run 3 miles a few times a week.

The really surprising part to me is that with the exception of the first month it just seems too easy and I feel like if I stop logging the weight will show back up overnight.

Great job!
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I am on p 992. Here is my most embarrasing (or perhaps a tie) moment.

My most embarrassing moment.

Too funny! Breastfeeding, for me, was always uncomfortable. My son, the first kiddo, never took to it which was probably in part due to the fact that I wasn't that excited about it. I joked at the time that he was the first male to ever refuse...my chest area. LOL! I did BF, mostly pumped because I'm OCD, my daughter, the second and last kiddo, for about six months. I justified BF'd her because she had to go to daycare at six weeks while I was able to stay home with my son for the first eight months.

I didn't breast feed my son and sometimes I feel guilty about that especially because he was premature.

I tried my hardest with both my boys- got to 6 weeks with my oldest and 8 weeks with my youngest. He was a bit premature and has a milk allergy, but we didn't know it, so as soon as the Pediatrician and I figured it out, I stopped BFing. I wanted to badly, but it never worked.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    MitsuShai wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    MitsuShai wrote: »
    Confession: I feel like stress-eating a batch of brownies I made.
    Have one and freeze the rest in individual baggies.

I heard frozen brownies are good :blush:
    No, it's a filthy lie promoted by the frozen brownie purveyors. Don't believe a word of it.

Same with those frozen cheesecake bites you can find at TJ. You really don't want to eat them frozen...
    So...I made crockpot Mac n cheese tonight. I added everything up and fit it into my goal. Well it would of fit if I wouldn't have 3 servings of it! I went way over. 2 things I cannot eat in.moderation: icecream and pasta.

Yeah I always make just the right amount of pasta for my goal or forget it.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    Options
    shawnaes91 wrote: »
    I want to confess this to see if anyone else does this.
    Something I do to motivate myself to keep losing is once I've lost enough weight to fit into the next size down no matter how well that next size fits even if I'm slightly sucking in to fit I switch all my clothes to that new size and get rid of all my others to motivate me to keep going.

I've did this with getting out of maternity clothes, getting out of XL, and now out of large and into size mediums. My husband hated this at first and questioned it and now he goes with it and encourages me to buy whatever clothes I need in that next size. :smiley:

I do this too. My husband thought I was nuts at first, too, but now he's like whatever. I do wear the bigger/looser sizes at work, though, because I don't want to get told I'm not office appropriate.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Happy anniversary! The first year was easy for me too. Honestly it's when I got closer to my goal that I started getting hungrier and that it's been harder.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    Options
    Ok so I finally got around to the friending spree from this thread, so if you see a friend request it's me, not some random creeper :)

Orange- Charlie is the cutest! I love his eyes!

Hope you all had an awesome weekend. I did not. I came in to the thread this weekend for a brief pity party then left lol. I feel awful. How is it possible to lose so much weight but still feel badly about yourself? I look lumpy and not at ALL what I looked like at this weight before my youngest. I keep thinking I'm close to my weight goal, but I'll have to adjust it when I get there. I won't look good in 16 lb. It's gonna end up being like 25 lb to go :( Talk about demoralizing!

Still waiting to hear back about my MS program which isn't helping. I have meetings all day at work, my 3 year old went nuclear at daycare this morning, and my hamstrings are KILLING me (I helped my mom lay down flooring in the house she's flipping).
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    minijump21 wrote: »
    Confessions.
    I have been a sleep walker since I was a child. Every time I seriously start trying to get healthy again, my sleep walking stirs up. Hubby says when I get up to pee in the middle of the night (sleep walking isn't all bad, I can literally do this in my sleep), after I'm done I take off everything I'm wearing and weigh myself. Wedding ring and all. He says he hears the scale beep, me step on, it beeps again when it figures my weight, i mumble dang it, get redressed and come back to bed. Even if i were awake, it doesn't light up, I wouldn't be able to see what it says.

My best friend has always been the hot one and I've always been the fat friend. I know it drives her nuts when I start getting around her weight. I get pleasure from this somehow. She's never really put work into her body, and now that we're in our 30's it's starting to show. I dream of finally passing her, and her being the fat friend.

Maybe you should have your hubby hide the scale so you can't weigh yourself in the middle of the night. Is it possible for you and your best friend to workout together? Maybe you could motivate each other and you could both be hot!
  • kellienw335
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    One of my favorite and most inspiring posters on reddit.com/r/loseit/ just posted a quote that I wanted to share here: "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not a one-time act, but a habit." - Aristotle

That pretty much sums up what's important to me in this whole weight loss/fitness thing. I'm screwed if I sit around hoping for a burst of motivation. Motivation is fabulous when it happens, but motivation isn't always going to be there. I need something beyond motivation to help me push through the days when I just don't feel like it or I'm feeling pressured or stressed or whatever. And that's when the habits of working out as soon as I get up, and weighing/logging food, and checking in to be sure I keep that deficit going will save me.

Love that quote! Something that has really resonated with me lately is something I read. The article talks about PURPOSE! Instead of waiting for motivation think about your purpose. What is your purpose? I've been trying to remember my purpose for this journey when I can't find the motivation!
  • Rossergirl
    Rossergirl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    I wear the same stinky workout clothes for several days without washing. Ewww gross, I know. Always change my socks though lol

You are not alone, my friend, you are not alone! I change my socks too!
  • kellienw335
    Options
    I suck it in every time my husband looks at me or at the gym, I feel fat after I had my baby 2 months ago and My husband always says wow baby your losing weight :(

2 months and working out already? Good for you! I finally lost the baby weight after two years and still have more to go!
  • kellienw335
    Options
    irenehb wrote: »
    Do many people get mfp mail/messages after posting in the forum?
    Just got a message that said you can do it, look at yourself in the mirror and get rid of your insecurities. Umm weird!
    Apparently I am insecure because I said I like to snack on frozen food even in Winter lol
    Nope, I just enjoy it and have maintained my weight loss for over a year now. I think I am just fine :)

I got that exact same message! DELETE!
  • kellienw335
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I don't if this works! ETA: it did! This was Charlie and I at the end of our day at the zoo and i might be a little bit biased, but i do think he really is a beautiful kid

He is absolutely adorable!!

He is adorable! That is a great picture of the two of you! Looks like you had so much fun!

Sorry your Mom isn't doing well. My Dad is having a similar issue with incision site infection and strong antibiotics. Dealing with a sick parent isn't fun!

Glad you took your meds again and you know we are all checking on you!!!
  • kellienw335
    Options

Wow! That's amazing!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Just got a message that said you can do it, look at yourself in the mirror and get rid of your insecurities. Umm weird!
    Apparently I am insecure because I said I like to snack on frozen food even in Winter lol
    Nope, I just enjoy it and have maintained my weight loss for over a year now. I think I am just fine :)

I'm pretty sure I've gotten that exact message.

Yea, I think I've had something very similar.
    It's odd because your a bit weirded out by it, but at the same time I think maybe they just wanted to encourage and brighten up someones day?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Not really. The weirdest message I had was some person probably with a fetish asking how tall I was. I wanted to be facetious & say either really, really, really tall or short haha.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Looks like now I need to figure out how to burn off 700 calories to put myself back into the green again.......damn Talenti....

That's why I won't even buy that stuff. I looked at the calories of that last time I was at Kroger and couldn't even put it in my cart! You all recommend too much good food! Sometimes I don't like this thread at all...OK, just kidding!

Hahahaha. That's why I hate the Impulsive Buy website because it lists all this new food items that I cannot find & yet I keep going back for more.
  • Lois_1989
    Options

Awww congratulations! You must be so proud of yourself! :smile:
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Morning all, I read up to page 1000 (super great) but have skipped another 18 whoops.

I'm feeling pretty bloated and massive (I'm 11 weeks pregnant but it's not visible) and was actually rather pleased to discover I've only put on 3 lbs so far. I had hoped to put on no more than 3-5 lbs during the first trimester so that's a win for me. The part I don't understand; I'm still about 13 lbs lighter than 6 months ago, but I feel huge, bigger than I did back then! It's probably hormonal.

Anyway, the confession is, boy am I glad I hung on to my larger clothes. I'm nowhere near needing maternity wear yet, so it's nice to have a larger size option without spending money on something I'll only wear for a couple of months. Hurrah for my fat trousers!

Awww but it's a good fat!

So would it be considered really bad if you didn't put any weight on?