"5 foods to never eat"...?

Options
Has anyone ever figured out what those are, without having to actually buy the ....so called report?
And what about the one about losing stomach fat...5 foods to help eliminate stomach fat....
just curious is all!!

Replies

• slimnik129
    Options
    One is banana's...although I don't know why...I think moderation is a key for me. If I agreed never to eat any of a particular food, ever again, I would probably crave it immediately! :ohwell:
  • Elaine_NY
    Elaine_NY Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Bread, Pasta and White rice. Especially white rice sits on the lining of your tummy.....Get rid of sugar drinks. Good Luck.
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    One is banana's...although I don't know why...I think moderation is a key for me. If I agreed never to eat any of a particular food, ever again, I would probably crave it immediately! :ohwell:

I just read a topic about how bananas are the #1 food to make you feel full. :laugh:
  • 2fat4life
    Options
    Judy, Judy , Judy....you are a wise one...I got sucker into buying the flat stomach books and have yet to receive them I sent emails about my order with no response. So, I am very afraid to look for the 5 foods to never eat.
    Hope you the best!
  • Senta7
    Senta7 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi there. Where are you seeing these reports for sale? There is so much free (and accurate) information on the internet. I would start with Dr. Oz's book, YOU on a Diet. Or check out his web site. I would have to say that the top five foods never to eat are:
    1. High Fructose Corn Syrup
    2. Trans Fats (hydrogenated fat)
    3. enriched flour
    4. saturated fat (limit intake)
    5. sugar (limit intake)

And I know Oz has info about foods that help eliminate belly fat. Green tea comes to mind. My best advice is to go to his site and do a search. Good luck!
  • jcholliday
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

I heard bananas were good for you in ...moderation, like maybe one a day. But I SOOOO dont like them, I like the flavor....just not the fruit.. weird huh??

I just thought maybe I'd get some responses to this topic and be able to pass around some information on MFP....talking to those of you who have done research!! (is that selfish of me.....???)
  • Cortx
    Cortx Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    actually, i got a list of foods that will prevent you from losing weight from my doctor this week, and bananas is one of them.
  • mapexdrummer69
    Options
    Here goes nothing....

There is no one food that will make you gain weight or lose weight in it of itself. Ingesting food=intaking calories.

Weight loss is determined by fat/protein/carb intake and comes down to energy balances, or the difference between calories in vs. calories out. As long as you remain in a deficit, you will lose weight, no matter where you get the calories from.

Now micronutrients like vitamins and minerals should be considered too, so getting a wide range of whole foods can be beneficial.

Fruit SHOULD NOT be avoided and DOES NOT slow weight loss.
  • mapexdrummer69
    Options

UNLESS your doctor advised you to because of diabetes or some other MD.
  • gagirl89
    gagirl89 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    oh could you maybe post that on here, Cortex?? That would be amazing if you could..
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options

I heard bananas were good for you in ...moderation, like maybe one a day. But I SOOOO dont like them, I like the flavor....just not the fruit.. weird huh??

I just thought maybe I'd get some responses to this topic and be able to pass around some information on MFP....talking to those of you who have done research!! (is that selfish of me.....???)

I HATE bananas. Even the smell makes me nauseous and the more ripe it is, the worse the smell to me. I do get plenty other fruit though so I'm okay not eating them.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options

I HATE bananas. Even the smell makes me nauseous and the more ripe it is, the worse the smell to me. I do get plenty other fruit though so I'm okay not eating them. I don't think there is anything wrong with them, just not for me.
  • mapexdrummer69
    Options

I've done the research, read my post:-)

If you don't like bananas, don't eat them, if you like them, eat them. They are rich in vitamins and minerals.
  • Pseudocyber
    Pseudocyber Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    The 5 foods ad is on this website - funny.

As for bananas - when I joined WW, they said "fruit is free" as long as you don't abuse bananas.

I think it's because they're naturally sweet, and therefore naturally contain sugar, which naturally translates to Carbohydrates. So, people that are concerned about sugar and Carbohydrates - diabetics - or "Atkins freaks" (not my words) - think they're bad.

I'm diabetic, I eat bananas, but I don't abuse them - because the fruit police would come get me. :laugh: (we need a dancing banana smiley btw) - and I've been doing GREAT dropping my blood sugar glucose levels and my A1C into the almost non-diabetic, normal range JUST WITH DIET.

So, I think the ad is FUD - Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt - to get people to buy something.

Hope this helps.
  • Angiebug1969
    Angiebug1969 Posts: 152
    Options
    Bread, Pasta and White rice. Especially white rice sits on the lining of your tummy.....Get rid of sugar drinks. Good Luck.

I THOROUGHLY blew this one last night!!! LoL! Boo Hiss at myself! :noway: :grumble:
  • Pseudocyber
    Pseudocyber Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough, googling "diet banana" comes up with a "banana diet" which goes something like eat a schnitload of bananas in the am, eat WHATEVER YOU WANT, in the day and lose weight.

Riiiiightttt .... WHAT EVER! :noway:
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Here goes nothing....

There is no one food that will make you gain weight or lose weight in it of itself. Ingesting food=intaking calories.

Weight loss is determined by fat/protein/carb intake and comes down to energy balances, or the difference between calories in vs. calories out. As long as you remain in a deficit, you will lose weight, no matter where you get the calories from.

Now micronutrients like vitamins and minerals should be considered too, so getting a wide range of whole foods can be beneficial.

AMEN!!
  • mapexdrummer69
    Options

AMEN!!

:-)
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    the worse 5 foods to eat...

(1) Chocolate!
    (2) Burgers.
    (3) Fries.
    (4) Pizza.
    (5) Cheese. (I think..).
  • mapexdrummer69
    Options
    the top 5 tastiest calorie dense foods to eat...

(1) Chocolate!
    (2) Burgers.
    (3) Fries.
    (4) Pizza.
    (5) Cheese. (I think..).

Fixed