How to quit dessert.

Options

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you can have desert- just make it fit in your calories.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    This post literally made me sit up in bed (I've been lying down on my side munching on popcorn) and think "SAY WHAT?!"

Why no dessert?? Log something you like at the beginning of the day. I'm getting my popcorn and frozen yogurt on tonight.

It took me a while to work out a reply that didn't make me sound like a lunatic sugar fiend.

I know. I almost spit out my popcorn and started typing in a fury.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    ttfnweight wrote: »
    Unless you have trouble sticking to one portion and fitting it into your calorie allowance, dessert isn't a bad thing.

So today I still have a small amount of Cals left. I can eat them and still have a deficit?

I have 185 left. I love dessert. It's my fav meal of the day! Lol

185 calories? Have some ice cream. Most brands (NOT Ben & Jerry's) is 160-170 calories a serving.

I serving of double chocolate Milanos is 140 calories.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Unless you have trouble sticking to one portion and fitting it into your calorie allowance, dessert isn't a bad thing.

So today I still have a small amount of Cals left. I can eat them and still have a deficit?

MFP has a deficit already in place, so eat your calories.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Pre-log your food, so you can fit in dessert. Then, come back and tell me how it tastes! I miss sugar. I had to give it up, docs orders. If you don't have to give it up, don't! Just work it into your day.
  • ttfnweight
    ttfnweight Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    2Poufs wrote: »
    Pre-log your food, so you can fit in dessert. Then, come back and tell me how it tastes! I miss sugar. I had to give it up, docs orders. If you don't have to give it up, don't! Just work it into your day.

Thanks. I did in fact have THREE mini candy bars. And they tasted delicious.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options

Awesome!

Learning how to work in treats will help you be successful in the long run.
  • ttfnweight
    Options

I will try to keep that in mind. I just get really hungry and eT more Cals by the end of the day I don't have extra. Also I thought maybe skip it so I don't sleep on it.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I eat dessert every night. Last night was gelato. If I have very few calories left, then I get a couple pieces of dark chocolate.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Of course you can still eat dessert and lose weight. And it can be whatever dessert you like. Most evenings I have a glass or two of wine and a couple of pieces of dark chocolate, but often I have cookies, gelato, etc.

Lost 30 lbs and am currently maintaining and never gave up any of the things I enjoy.
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options

Yay!!! I came back to see what you chose :) Yummo!!
  • lynnclorina
    lynnclorina Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Anyone else have a sweet tooth after dinner?

Yes! It seems I always do. Sometimes I can kill the urge with some ginger or mint tea, sometimes I can't.
  • alt5057
    alt5057 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I buy fruit pops that are 25 cal if I need something sweet but don't have many calories left. Mini chocolate candies for if I am craving chocolate. If I have more calories left I have enjoyed the Yasso greek frozen yogurt bars that come in all kinds of flavors (I like chocolate and mint chip). If I have many calories left because I ate a low cal lunch and dinner, I will splurge a little for dessert...last night was a grilled peach with a little cinnamon sugar and a scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt. I am someone that tends to crave something sweet at night so I make sure to have options based on the calories I have left at the end of the day.
  • ttfnweight
    Options
    alt5057 wrote: »
    I buy fruit pops that are 25 cal if I need something sweet but don't have many calories left. Mini chocolate candies for if I am craving chocolate. If I have more calories left I have enjoyed the Yasso greek frozen yogurt bars that come in all kinds of flavors (I like chocolate and mint chip). If I have many calories left because I ate a low cal lunch and dinner, I will splurge a little for dessert...last night was a grilled peach with a little cinnamon sugar and a scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt. I am someone that tends to crave something sweet at night so I make sure to have options based on the calories I have left at the end of the day.

Wow. Good job. I can't say I do THAT well.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Everyone's been so calm, I feel better enough to say, yes, please still have dessert. What's life without dessert? I'm reducing calories again but I'm still going to fit in my treats. Because yum.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Anyone else have a sweet tooth after dinner?

I love my sweet food.

Don't quit desert. Work it into your calorie goals.
  • SLLRunner
    Options

I love mini candy bars. I don't have them often, but they are delicious!
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    This post literally made me sit up in bed (I've been lying down on my side munching on popcorn) and think "SAY WHAT?!"

Why no dessert?? Log something you like at the beginning of the day. I'm getting my popcorn and frozen yogurt on tonight.

LOL, love it!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,507 Member
    Options
    No need to ditch it if you have room. I eat ice cream practically every night. And not that diet ice cream stuff. I'm talking Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey, Cherry Garcia, or Hazed and Confused.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of Moirs instant pudding, the box kind that you mix with milk. You can eat the whole box yourself if you plan it right (450mls) as it is pretty low calorie if made with fat free or low fat milk. Not sure what brands are in the rest of the world though, or how it compares.

Sometimes instant pudding is my entire dinner *evil grin*

On more sensible days, I share it with my boyfriend and have regular food too.