What Marijuana Does to Your Metabolism

Options

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I wish they'd legalize the stuff where I live. I was thin back when I used to smoke it regularly.
    I was thin back in my 20s, too.

<nods>
  • kmajor2015
    kmajor2015 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    What's the yippee for? Do you feel justified to smoke pot because it might lower your risk for the 'beetus and obesity?

Maybe that person doesn't need to feel they need to justify their private habits to anyone. Chill.

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Natural as potato and tomato greens, right? Or perhaps a little nightshade.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    Correlation != causation. Same with the red wine being good for you theory.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Natural as potato and tomato greens, right? Or perhaps a little nightshade.

Or arsenic :)
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    I find it funny that people still go on about medical marijuana for glaucoma when it does nothing for glaucoma last I saw any medical review.
    I'm perfectly fine with adults doing it because they want to. I find it kind of sad that people have to invent medical properties for it as a means to justify legalizing it to a bunch of people.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    doge_like_smoke_weed_everyday_by_justine_linfeh-d8x7gqa.png
    hahaha! like this 1

• curvy_gamer_loses
    curvy_gamer_loses Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Yipee for living in Colorado ;)
  • senecarr
    Options
    Your profile picture goes too well with that statement.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Guess it's a good thing I live in Washington then huh?
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,534 Member
    Options
    No one should have to "justify" it, even to themselves. If you like doing it and accept the health risks that it does come with, then don't worry about what other people think. Personally, I used to smoke weed every day for about 3 years. I quit because I felt I wasn't personally capable of restraining myself enough for it to not affect my life. However, there are plenty of people who are much better at controlling it, so they can do it daily without issue.

tl;dr: Don't worry about what other people think.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    kmajor2015 wrote: »
    What's the yippee for? Do you feel justified to smoke pot because it might lower your risk for the 'beetus and obesity?

Maybe that person doesn't need to feel they need to justify their private habits to anyone. Chill.

If OP didn't need to justify it, why post on an open forum? If he wants to toke up, it's his business. I didn't understand what the yippee was for, so I asked, which he agreed with it being for what I asked in my second question. Apologies for wanting clarification on something I don't understand.

And I thought pot smoking mellowed people out.
    tumblr_ljrsxm6Wtu1qd2avdo1_500.gif
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    I find it funny that people still go on about medical marijuana for glaucoma when it does nothing for glaucoma last I saw any medical review.
    I'm perfectly fine with adults doing it because they want to. I find it kind of sad that people have to invent medical properties for it as a means to justify legalizing it to a bunch of people.

Hahaha! That is funny. ::laugh:: Wait, maybe not. :| Unless we're smoking weed. ;)

One thing it does help with is curbing nausea associated with chemotherapy.
  • curvy_gamer_loses
    curvy_gamer_loses Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Your profile picture goes too well with that statement.

Yup. Probably why I look so happy in it
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

Then perhaps starting this thread wasn't such a good idea.

I remember a long time ago when I used to smoke weed, I thought I came up with all sorts of absolutely brilliant ideas when I was high. I even wrote some of them down, so I'd be sure to remember them in the morning.

The next day? They weren't so brilliant. LMAO.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    doge_like_smoke_weed_everyday_by_justine_linfeh-d8x7gqa.png

Haahahahaha
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

Then perhaps starting this thread wasn't such a good idea.

I remember a long time ago when I used to smoke weed, I thought I came up with all sorts of absolutely brilliant ideas when I was high. I even wrote some of them down, so I'd be sure to remember them in the morning.

The next day? They weren't so brilliant. LMAO.

Yeah, I think there's some palliative qualities for people who are suffering, but I'm not sure about any true medicinal effects. I think the research is still out.

When I partake, it's to get high. Full stop. I don't feel the need to justify it any more than I feel the need to justify my beer guzzling on a party weekend. Sometimes I wanna get crunk, and that's okay.
  • senecarr
    Options

Hahaha! That is funny. ::laugh:: Wait, maybe not. :| Unless we're smoking weed. ;)

One thing it does help with is curbing nausea associated with chemotherapy.
    I'm aware of that. I felt incredibly sad for the woman who went before the Supreme Court to testify that it was the only thing that gave her the capacity to eat enough to stay alive while in treatment.
    That and pain management are about the only areas I see marijuana having real medical benefits. I get really irate when people talk about using cannabis oil to cure all the big pharma diseases and "oh man, it's a conspiracy. They don't want to lose their profits because nature can cure your everything man. I smoked pot last week and now the scab I had was gone, think what it could do to actually get rid of cancer. Oh and Tommy Chong self diagnoised with prostate cancer and now he self diagnosed as not having it, so it cures stuff, man. Conspiracy that big pharma wants to protect their profits, man."
    To which my best response is, "good thing marijuana has never been thought to make anyone paranoid. Otherwise I might doubt all these conspiracies you've uncovered."
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Betcha y'all be drinkin' that wine and smokin' them tweeds....
This discussion has been closed.