Let's have an actual chat - no "would you date/*kitten*/marry/add the person below you" games

Options

Replies

• Yogi_warrior
    Yogi_warrior Posts: 5,464 Member
    Options
    Ehhh I'm alright just at work have 2 more days left then I get laid off

Sorry, it sucks! Try to do something on your own if its possible while you are looking. Good luck.
  • paul199madrid
    paul199madrid Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I'm sure *kitten* will get better
  • tylahquartez323
    tylahquartez323 Posts: 1,478 Member
    Options
    Keep positive thoughts and good will come ur way
  • paul199madrid
    Options
    Thanks bro really means a lot
  • PandaBWA
    PandaBWA Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    suzreen wrote: »

Are you worried, excited, happy, or what about getting laid off? Will you look for another job right away or take a break?

I have no idea my wife wants to work so maybe just stay at home dad ??

My husband was a SAHD for a year. Whatever works for you both! How old are your kids? :) I have a preschooler and a toddler.
  • PandaBWA
    Options
    It was going to be an awesome Saturday, but work came in. Ahhh! Now I'm going to be stressed about getting it all done on deadline.
  • paul199madrid
    Options
    PandaBWA wrote: »

Are you worried, excited, happy, or what about getting laid off? Will you look for another job right away or take a break?

My husband was a SAHD for a year. Whatever works for you both! How old are your kids? :) I have a preschooler and a toddler.

I have 3 kids 6 year old 2 year old and a 7 month
  • PandaBWA
    Options

I have 3 kids 6 year old 2 year old and a 7 month

Oh, fun! We are 3.5 and 10 months old here. Hopefully all works out well for you guys!
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Hello. I thought I'd jump in.

I'm just going to say to Paul... every friend of mine who has done the SAHD thing for a period of time has loved it. I know that as a kid I would have loved to see my dad more, too. Even if you're actively looking for a job during this time and it ends up being short, I hope you're able to create some amazing memories for yourself and your kids.
  • paul199madrid
    Options
    Mezzie1024 wrote: »

I'm just going to say to Paul... every friend of mine who has done the SAHD thing for a period of time has loved it. I know that as a kid I would have loved to see my dad more, too. Even if you're actively looking for a job during this time and it ends up being short, I hope you're able to create some amazing memories for yourself and your kids.

Thank you!!! and yes it's gonna be amazing to be home with my kids especially cause my rotating shift work and my 7day work week where I could barely see them. It will be tough just have to stay positive.
  • PandaBWA
    Options
    Mezzie1024 wrote: »

My husband hated being a SAHD only because he felt he should have been the one working. But he treasured the time he got with our son! He also doesn't get a lot of time with them, so what time he gets now is precious. I think being a SAHD is awesome!

It also set a solid foundation for him to understand my struggles as a SAHM, too. :) and for me to understand his needs as the working parent.
  • Greenmm92563
    Greenmm92563 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone... Hope you all have a great day !!!! Paul199madrid all things happen for reason, hang in there and think positive!!!!
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Must remind myself not to drink Platinums so quickly
  • PandaBWA
    Options
    It's 2 and I'm already ready for the day to be over. So tired... probably because I'm hungry.

I have a chuck roast in the fridge and no idea what I want to do with it.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    It's 2 and I'm already ready for the day to be over. So tired... probably because I'm hungry.

Give it to me!
  • PandaBWA
    Options

Give it to me!

Haha! I'm going to make a pot roast tomorrow with it I think.
  • tylerthacreator321
    tylerthacreator321 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hmm, pretty new to MFP and I've just been looking around, seems like their is more to this app than I thought!
    Any random people that read this feel free to add me,
    Today is a beautiful day here in Texas, about to go get some light cardio in.
    Hope everyone is having a good day as well!
  • PandaBWA
    Options
    It's so weird to out the kids to bed before the sun is down and wake when it's still dark and lightening up. So backwards ... now if these two would just fall asleep, I could get my work done and maybe log 6 hours of sleep if I'm lucky!
  • suzreen
    suzreen Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    Noelv1976 wrote: »
    Must remind myself not to drink Platinums so quickly

What's a platinum?
  • JewellGarcia
    JewellGarcia Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi, i'm jewell, i'm a single mom from the philippines. 5'3 and 110 lbs. want to lose a little weight since i gained 10 lbs recently from a trip and i havent lose it yet :)