Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @jthurman. We missed you !!

Agreed! You'll be rid of those three pounds in the blink of an eye.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Welcome back @FroggyBug ! Glad you had a great time and are still making progress with your boyfriend.

I second all of this :)
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Welcome back @FroggyBug ! Glad you had a great time and are still making progress with your boyfriend.

I third it!! :smiley:
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I missed you guys.

I just got caught up and wanted to write a quick note before I get back to work.

I had a blast on my vacation. Camping from Mon-Weds. Weather was amazing and we saw a bunch of deer and moose. My sister and her husband were with us the first night and then they had to leave. My boyfriend and I had time to talk and bond while hiking, sitting by the fire etc (no cell service yay). We talked a lot about things and I think he finally is realizing how bad things were and we are both working on improving ourselves and the relationship. There were only about 3 other sites taken at the campgrounds so we had the whole section we were at to ourselves. It was so quiet (I purposely tried to find something after kids returned to school but before labor day weekend so it would be quiet). I'm so sad to be back. We also went to see his mom and we went to the zoo on Friday too. I had 25,000 steps Monday and Tuesday and about 15,000 Weds so I walked a lot which was good. I think I still gained a lot of weight back though (too much yummy food). :-P I'll try to post pictures later today in the cave. The week was amazing and relaxing.

As for candy corn-I love it and I think it smells so good! I'm also in the, 'nothing is too sweet' for me group. Sweets are definitely my downfall.

@ShibaEars -I hope that the bat didn't have rabies (poor bat) and that your dog is cleared. I love the new avatar picture. Such a great picture.

@rungirl1973 -I like your new picture as well.

@Italian_buju -I laughed at your cat food story. I do the same thing too. I like stocking up on food so I don't have to go as often and they always ask me how many cats I have. I have one...

@jthurman3 -I'm sorry your vacation wasn't as good as you were hoping. I hope the smoke clears out soon. It makes me so sad that the fires are bad there this year (my favorite part of the country :( ). We've had smoke from your fires in our state too so I can't imagine how bad it is where you are. Hope you had an awesome birthday though.

Ok, time to go to work for a while. :) Hope everyone else is doing well.

welcome back!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    We leave for Peru on Saturday!

I think I posted this on my feed as well, but I think I'm more excited about not having to run stairs anymore than I am about travelling right now :lol: 2 more stair runs and 5 more sleeps until we go!!

Our den has been my staging area for weeks already, where I've got all our gear and everything stored/laid out, and I'm starting to get it all organized and double-checked and into our bags now. I'm a fairly meticulous packer and organizer, so I've got each of our bags packed with extra-large Ziplocs storing everything (one for socks, one for cold-weather tops, one for rain gear, one for first aid, etc etc.) with spares for stuff that can be worn again and stuff that is dirty.

Because of this, my husband doesn't have a clue what he's bringing (nor does he intend to find out until we're already travelling)...I'll wake him up on Saturday morning, hand him his duffle and his daypack, and tell him to make sure he has his wallet and his phone and charger. Then all the way to the airport he'll say "Do I have a water bottle? Do I have some Benadryl? Do I have my Swiss Army knife? Did you pack my flip-flops? What about Kleenex? Where did you put my iPad? Do I have a toque? How many pairs of socks did you bring me? What time do we get back again?" Invariably, because he's a creature of habit and I can pack him a bag in five minutes flat if necessary, he's got everything he needs...but there is a part of me that is shocked that he doesn't do it himself. I could NEVER let him pack for me, I can't even imagine what I would end up with. Yet he just blithely assumes everything is fine (ETA : until it's too late and we're already on the way.) It's exactly like when you have a four-year-old and you get everything ready and then tell them to pick out one toy to bring (except the one toy is his phone.)

This happens every time we travel, lol.

He also has no idea what I've booked or even what cities we'll be in, I'm pretty sure, although I keep telling him and have sent him copies of all my bookings. I'm kind of terrified security is going to ask him questions and he's going to be like "Uhhhhhh...hiking....somewhere....?" and they're going to think he's hiding something because he hasn't got a clue what he's doing in Peru. We went to see his mom over the weekend and she was asking us questions about what we've got planned and he kept just looking at me helplessly.

The man is a ton of fun and a good travel buddy and all and he's obviously very go-with-the-flow and trusts me and all (and I was a travel agent so I guess he assumes I always just know what I'm doing) but sometimes I just have to laugh at him a bit.
    That's awesome! My dad is pretty disorganized when it comes to trips as well. Family trips growing up were always him yelling at us because he wanted to do everything at the last minute.

Like Home Alone?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

That came up fast! Have an AMAZING vacation!

I was thinking the same thing! Have an amazing time @peleroja

Agreed it seems like just yesterday she said she was going. I cannot wait to see all the pictures & hear about your amazing trip!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

That came up fast! Have an AMAZING vacation!

I was thinking the same thing! Have an amazing time @peleroja

Agreed it seems like just yesterday she said she was going. I cannot wait to see all the pictures & hear about your amazing trip!

It pretty much WAS yesterday because we booked pretty last-minute for such a big trip, haha. See, I can be sort of spontaneous.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @FroggyBug !!! Happy you had a great vacation!

Yay @peleroja I'm sooo excited for you guys going on your trip!! It's going to be amazing! Can't wait for pictures!
  • Oberon21
    edited August 2015
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Friday night ball game was great!! Son's team won!! We hope to get to the state finals again this year. They are off to a good start so far. Thanks for all the well wishes on my fall. Hate to be so absorbed in what I am doing that I can't see things, but this thing really wasn't very visible. My hand looks better, but I don't think I will be able to do squats until next week. My knee is a bit twingy when I bend it, so I am taking it easy on that. I can walk pretty well, so my fitbit people, I am after you this week!!

You are on! I have to check if we are in the same group, I just accepted. I'll go look!

I did not get any invite this week : (

I didn't either. I figured people got busy :smile:

Oh, maybe my invite wasn't for this week? Want to do one together... I am not good on keeping up with fitbit...

ETA: Nope looks like I am still in a group with the last week folks. Shall we add one?
  • Oberon21
    Options

Nice! We (US) get next Monday off. Can't wait. I need a 3 day weekend (although there are lots of rumors the union is going to walk this week as talks with the MA region broke down so I may be working all weekend!).

Your vacation is next week? Is that Crete (or Cypress or whatever hot place you booked...my memory is terrible)?

Yes off to Cyprus on Saturday for 3 weeks, so won't be around in threads as much

Wow THREE weeks! Post pics! (if you have to wait til you come back okay...but we will miss you! I will miss saying Good Morning when I wake up super early! I laugh at myself every time I do that!)

*ahem* Aren't you supposed to be working?

sigh. yes. I really can't focus today.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Confession: I'm SEETHING at my employer right now.

I'm already scheduled to be at a different lab location (Teterboro, NJ) for two seperate weeks this fall (one in September, one in October) and NOW they also want to send me to Baltimore for a two day "new leadership training" in early November.

Exactly when am I supposed to do my actual job? I feel like I can't even schedule time off around any of those events, since I'll already be behind!

They don't even remotely pay me enough for this kind of travel schedule.

Teterboro isn't that far from my office. 35 - 45 minutes depending on traffic. Are you staying at a hotel or commuting given its relatively close to Philly?

Staying both times, since it's Monday-Thursday for training sessions. September 21-24 and October 26-29. Not that they'd have bothered giving us the hotel information yet, of course, because that would be helpful.

Well let me know, maybe we can go for a walk/run/dinner/drink to meet!

Will do!

(Who's jealous?!)

Me!!!

I have 4 work days left before I go on holiday, including a day in meetings in central London, or I'd so be scheduling a meet with @girldownsouth

I'm going to start getting some running practice in ready for once you're back!

Hint... I sent Nicci a 1/2 marathon training plan. :wink:

Mind throwing one of those my way? You know, in case I do decide to try lol? :wink:

will forward it!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Friday night ball game was great!! Son's team won!! We hope to get to the state finals again this year. They are off to a good start so far. Thanks for all the well wishes on my fall. Hate to be so absorbed in what I am doing that I can't see things, but this thing really wasn't very visible. My hand looks better, but I don't think I will be able to do squats until next week. My knee is a bit twingy when I bend it, so I am taking it easy on that. I can walk pretty well, so my fitbit people, I am after you this week!!

You are on! I have to check if we are in the same group, I just accepted. I'll go look!

Oh, maybe my invite wasn't for this week? Want to do one together... I am not good on keeping up with fitbit...

ETA: Nope looks like I am still in a group with the last week folks. Shall we add one?

Sure, as long as we are not at ten people already, I am good with it.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @FroggyBug ! Sounds like you had a great vacation.
  • stickers456
    stickers456 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I ate 2 packs of protein bars in one sitting because they tasted like chocolate. Never will I buy them again.

How much fiber did you get? How many bars in total?

They were 2 different brands.
    The first brand was south beach, and it had 10g of protein and 5g of fiber.
    The second brand was life choice, and it had 18g of protein and 1g of fiber.

Both boxes had 5 in, so I ate 10 bars in total. 1,700 cal. My maintenance is 1,500. However, I did push mow for 4 hours and strength train after that. Still not healthy with all that chocolate.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Sure, as long as we are not at ten people already, I am good with it.

I think @Italian_Buju is going to send out the rest of the invites to get the challenges going again.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Confession: I'm SEETHING at my employer right now.

I'm already scheduled to be at a different lab location (Teterboro, NJ) for two seperate weeks this fall (one in September, one in October) and NOW they also want to send me to Baltimore for a two day "new leadership training" in early November.

Exactly when am I supposed to do my actual job? I feel like I can't even schedule time off around any of those events, since I'll already be behind!

They don't even remotely pay me enough for this kind of travel schedule.

Teterboro isn't that far from my office. 35 - 45 minutes depending on traffic. Are you staying at a hotel or commuting given its relatively close to Philly?

Staying both times, since it's Monday-Thursday for training sessions. September 21-24 and October 26-29. Not that they'd have bothered giving us the hotel information yet, of course, because that would be helpful.

Well let me know, maybe we can go for a walk/run/dinner/drink to meet!

Will do!

(Who's jealous?!)

Me!!!

I have 4 work days left before I go on holiday, including a day in meetings in central London, or I'd so be scheduling a meet with @girldownsouth

I'm going to start getting some running practice in ready for once you're back!

Hint... I sent Nicci a 1/2 marathon training plan. :wink:

Mind throwing one of those my way? You know, in case I do decide to try lol? :wink:

will forward it!

plan sent!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »

D to the itto! Ha!
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me how many cookies you get from the simple peanut butter recipe? (and how big)
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me how many cookies you get from the simple peanut butter recipe? (and how big)

I get twelve "standard" sized cookies, which are pretty big. They're the same size as the cookies I get from my standard recipe (with flour and such), which weigh around 35 grams per ball of dough, if that helps at all. I make the cookie from dough balls close to the size of ping pong balls, slightly smaller. Remember that they don't spread at all, so shape them into cookie shapes.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Soooo... Today was a fail. I've been horribly depressed and spent most of the day ugly-crying in my bed, almost hysterically at one point so that I couldn't breathe at all and started wheezing like I was dying. Good times. And then Mr. Susie and I went to Tamimi and bought baking ingredients and made cookies AND brownies. Yay me?

Oh, and the best part? I have NO idea why I was crying. At all. I just woke up completely depressed with no known reason.