Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Whew....working nights can suck sometimes because everyone else posts during the day...

@MoHousdon Your step-daughter will eventually realize how her actions affect other people but it may take a while. I am 26 and it has taken me this long to REALLY have it sink in, although, it did initially start when I was 17 in my senior year of high school.

Confession #1: It's that TOM and I have become an over eating, over emotional, train wreck. I didn't log everything I ate yesterday and I likely will not log ANYTHING today and I will just keep my workouts going and forgive myself later... :disappointed:

Confession #2: The emotional train wreck part, I have been taking my crazy emotions out on my boss(who I am dating, judge not!). I apologized to him via text and wasn't planning on seeing him until Tuesday(this morning) but I asked if I could come over today(still Monday in my mind) and he said he was good with it. I told him I was super sorry for being all 'woman crazy' as I call it and he thanked me for acknowledging how my overemotional tendencies affect him and, because I KNEW he would be so accepting about everything, I also bought him some apology beer. :smiley:

Confession #3: I have never been with someone who is so considerate and accepting of my feelings before and it terrifies me :scream: but at the same time makes me want to be a more considerate and accepting person too. :blush:

@Susieq_1994 Every time I play 'catch up' on this thread, you are on the list of top posts I look for. When you are gone you are missed VERY much. Sometimes working on yourself is the best way to worship. So, if you have to, focus on yourself a little more than your prayers. I feel Allah will be grateful that you are taking the time to care for the body he so carefully molded for you so that you can better worship and serve him in the future. I'm sure he sees your struggle and knows you will come out better for it. :smile:
  • Coastalpath
    Coastalpath Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Just leaving this here, since everyone loves dogs so much. Hoping we can all have the same willpower!

Love that dog. My phone has updated and I am not seeing pics on the app. Sad times. I've tried an uninstall to no avail. Have to look at work to see cute pups *ahem*

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Quiz to see how well you Yanks and C'nucks understand proper British English, just in case we do all get together for a tea party one day:
    http://en.what-character-are-you.com/d/en/1041/index/5577.html

Thank God I got 15, that would have been embarrassing!
    Out of curiosity, which one's did you struggle with? It never even occurred to me people wouldn't understand some of those sayings. lol

I got them all, but I had to guess on the 'her majesty's pleasure' and 'spending a penny'. Her majesty's pleasure makes sense enough but spending a penny still makes no sense ;)

I believe it has something to do with pay toilets??? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I missed the one that meant '6 to one, half dozen to another.' Something about swinging...

Ha ha it's all swings and roundabouts, the long version is "What you lose on the swings you gain on the roundabout" which is basically there are equal problems as there are advantages. It's normally used to describe an argument that is going no-where. and 6 to one, half dozen to another is used when you compare something that is the same. Again, used to describe and argument that is going no-where because it's all the same.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    Caught up!

We went camping this weekend and I ate EVERYTHING (did you know you can roast Pillsbury cinnamon rolls over the fire in foil? Or that you can do pizza dough from scratch as long as it's warm enough to let it rise in the sun?)

We also had my friend's dogs with us and I was in tears laughing at them when we put their puppy life jackets on to swim in the river. They have little handles on the back so you can pick them up like a suitcase...

IMG_2966_zpsdxnjug3d.jpg

IMG_2965_zpsst2ebw8f.jpg

They look hilarious. And even better is that when you hold them over the water they just start paddling in the air. If you hold them up high, they paddle slowly, but the closer you put them to the water, the faster their little legs go. So freaking cute.

I have one of those jackets for my Mastiff. She loves to swim, sinks like a brick without it. On the plus side, i have my own trolling motor in the river when I am on the float. Attach the leash and let her swim!

Oh, so cute! Large dog, though, right? How big is your Mastiff? My youngest son has a Mastiff / Boxer mix and he's like 120 lbs. I think. He's a tank. I call him "Roadblock" because he will stop abruptly right in front of you and turn around to see if you're still there. Then I either fall over him or come to a complete stand still until he decides to move again. His other dog is an Australian Blue Heeler and she's a smarty-pants. Very mischievous and smart.

Yes, she is a large dog. She is actually small size for her breed and is about the size of your Mastiff/Boxer mix. I used to have an Australian Sheperd/ Heeler mix and loved that dog. Unfortunately he ended up with my ex who didn't take good care of him.

I'm requesting pictures of all these dogs please :):) I LOVE dogs so much!!

Here is a picture of our dog Sarabi, she was put down February last year because she had pancreatic cancer which spread to her liver. :disappointed: She was 12 years old, I was 24 at the time so I had known her for half of my life.

ujf60vw9vpca.jpg
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Caught up!

We went camping this weekend and I ate EVERYTHING (did you know you can roast Pillsbury cinnamon rolls over the fire in foil? Or that you can do pizza dough from scratch as long as it's warm enough to let it rise in the sun?)

We also had my friend's dogs with us and I was in tears laughing at them when we put their puppy life jackets on to swim in the river. They have little handles on the back so you can pick them up like a suitcase...

IMG_2966_zpsdxnjug3d.jpg

IMG_2965_zpsst2ebw8f.jpg

They look hilarious. And even better is that when you hold them over the water they just start paddling in the air. If you hold them up high, they paddle slowly, but the closer you put them to the water, the faster their little legs go. So freaking cute.

I have one of those jackets for my Mastiff. She loves to swim, sinks like a brick without it. On the plus side, i have my own trolling motor in the river when I am on the float. Attach the leash and let her swim!

Oh, so cute! Large dog, though, right? How big is your Mastiff? My youngest son has a Mastiff / Boxer mix and he's like 120 lbs. I think. He's a tank. I call him "Roadblock" because he will stop abruptly right in front of you and turn around to see if you're still there. Then I either fall over him or come to a complete stand still until he decides to move again. His other dog is an Australian Blue Heeler and she's a smarty-pants. Very mischievous and smart.

Yes, she is a large dog. She is actually small size for her breed and is about the size of your Mastiff/Boxer mix. I used to have an Australian Sheperd/ Heeler mix and loved that dog. Unfortunately he ended up with my ex who didn't take good care of him.

I'm requesting pictures of all these dogs please :):) I LOVE dogs so much!!

Here is a picture of our dog Sarabi, she was put down February last year because she had pancreatic cancer which spread to her liver. :disappointed: She was 12 years old, I was 24 at the time so I had known her for half of my life.

ujf60vw9vpca.jpg

Beautiful! She looks like a sweetheart!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

Woo hoo! Now YOU have my permission to meet orangesmartie, Lois and girldownsouth. And I think Tubbs is from England too. As you are visiting your boyfriend not celebrating an anniversary. :)

Although I admit I will be wildly jealous.

Yes we should have an MFP confessions meet up when you're over! We're all int he south East, so getting into London isn't that difficult.

ETA: Buggered up the quotes

And so the planning begins! Take pictures!
  • Coastalpath
    Options

Woo hoo! Now YOU have my permission to meet orangesmartie, Lois and girldownsouth. And I think Tubbs is from England too. As you are visiting your boyfriend not celebrating an anniversary. :)

Yes we should have an MFP confessions meet up when you're over! We're all int he south East, so getting into London isn't that difficult.

I'm in the SE of England too :smile:

• Oberon21
    Options
    Confession: I'm seriously considering the intermittent fasting diet. I'm clearly not getting anywhere with the old fashioned calorie counting and I'm actually getting quite desperate now. I want to book a doctors appointment but I think they will say the same thing as my mum "Why don't you join weight watchers or slimming world" Yea, I don't want to pay someone to watch me stand on a scale.

I'm also considering taking all the money I have saved for a deposit on a house and getting someone to just suck all the fat out of me.

It's all feeling very hopeless at the moment

*hugs* give IF a try. Slimming world and Weightwatchers are not long term solutions. If they were, the companies would go bust! Their model is predicated on you keep going to meetings and buying their tasteless shite.

Its hard not to be disheartened, but you've done so well up to here. Maybe its worth trying to switch up the diet? Eat a little more for a couple of weeks, or try some different exercises?

Do not blow deposit money on surgery. It won't fix the problem.

Is there any activity that you fancy trying? pole dancing? ice skaing? abseiling? Wall climbing? All great, but different workouts. I watched an episode of the biggest loser yesterday (don't judge) and Jillian took her contestant freerunning, which looked really cool.

I agree with orangesmartie, Lois. Experiment and try new things til you figure out what works. Don't waste your money. You'll get there!

@orangesmartie what was freerunning?
  • Coastalpath
    Options
    @Lois_1989 Sarabi was beautiful, look at her little paws all crossed over. I have a Golden Retriever (in my profile pic) he's 3 and balmy, I love him. Dogs really are part of the family. I am sorry for your loss.

• girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I see Wonder Woman, also, @quiksylver296. Also, I'm a bit dyslexic (which another reason I have a hard time remembering full screen names) and I always call you "Quickysilver" in my head. That "y" seems to trip me up every time!

Confession: I have to go buy my husband a Father's Day card and gift after work and we're not even on speaking terms right now. This should be fun.

I hope you guys are doing better now. What is going on? I know a lot of people who are having relationship issues right now.

Yes it seems to be spreading...I am not overly impressed with my SO myself....

I think that I am the problem in my relationship.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    This one is pretty awesome...it should be a Friday thread.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10193742/why-am-i-gaining-weight/p2

This one just aggravated me! I don't understand why people are so against using a food scale?! I get not using one if you're having success without it but I LOVE knowing exactly how much of something I'm eating. I was losing before I started using one but I bought one because I really wanted to know EXACTLY how much I was eating each day!

Exactly. If I didn't use my food scale I'm pretty sure I'd still be around 250 pounds.

I pretty much weigh everything except for yogurt cups like Chobani, Dannon, or Yoplait.

Some of my protein bars/fiber bars can be 15-30+ calorie higher than they should & if you're at a smaller deficit with not much to lose it can hinder your progress greatly if you're off on everything you're eating. I also use it to weigh stuff like cereal, ice cream, & peanut butter since it's so easy to overestimate what a serving is. The first time I weighed out cereal on my food scale I thought what a ripoff & then put two more servings in the bowl:D. There are times I am shocked at how big a serving of peanut butter is, but if it's something like Cookie Spread or Nutella then again I am like what a ripoff.

I'll admit I've even weighed & measured one chip or cracker which I did today with my Triscuit cracker today.

At least I am not as OCD as the lady who takes her food scale to the grocery store.

I don't get people who use cups but think a food scale is too OCD either. It's easier, less dishes, and more accurate, so it just puzzles me. Plus it helps with eyeballing skills as at least you know what a 'cup' of broccoli is actually supposed to look like.

And packaged goods... gosh. Just my shortcake yesterday was 50 more calories than what the package said. Those delicious Graze flapjacks? I had one that was 80 more calories. It really adds up when your deficit is small...

What gets to me though is people who don't weigh their food then complain that their TDEE is so low. It's really not... they're just eating more than they think. I have some friends on here who have about the same stats as me, about the same activity, but maintain 400 calories lower. So either I'm a special snowflake, or they're really clueless about food portion.

But I guess if you keep a bigger deficit or underestimate your TDEE and don't weigh your food, it works too. People just have to find something that works with them. Me, I like having as much information as I can, because my relationship with food is pretty unhealthy in the first place (or I wouldn't be here!).

The funny thing though is that even when I know that I weighed all my foods, on days like today when I'm so full after 1200 calories (don't get me wrong, I still found things to get to my 1800 calories), I can't help wondering if I did something wrong.

A lot of people; unfortunately, still think they have to eat 1,200 calories or less to lose weight which is just sad. Think about how many people post on here routinely saying they can't eat over 1,000 calories & have a 100+ pounds to lose. Most of the times in that case they aren't weighing their food on a food scale & are vastly eating over their calories & possibly maintenance.

Just look at health magazines & the bogus diets & claims they offer such as Women's World. Women's World a few weeks ago had a cover that said lose 30 pounds in 30 days. Yeah lose 30 pounds in 30 days & then gain 60 pounds back.

Usually with my Fitbit (I find it to be pretty reliable) I burn anywhere from 2100-2300 calories a day; occasionally, a little more if I am more active with exercise.

I always laugh at the fact that I can weigh something & then one minute later I find I forget how much it weighed & then just overestimate how much it was.

Can I ask what you are doing to burn that many calories? That seems like a lot.

You weren't asking me, but those are my numbers too. I'm 5'5 130-135, and average 12-15k steps a day, so moderately active. Some days that's all walking, some days it includes weightlifting (SL 5x5 3ish days a week), some days it includes playing rec soccer or taking Wilbur on a run.

Hmmmm. I walked 23000 steps on Sunday and rode 2 horses and got about 1200 calories. Will need to do some more investigation.

1200 plus calories you burn just living. I'm guessing you probably got eat (or would maintain at) 3000ish for that day. Fitbit tells you your TDEE, not just your exercise burn, if that makes sense.

Ah well then that makes more sense.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Ok so...orangesmartie, Lois, GDS (girldownsouth is too long to type with one finger) and coastalpath! I think from another post from last night Tubbs is actually a Brit living in Canada. So she might not be able to join (I can't always keep everyone straight!).

Laura, I think you are getting your tea party! I am inordinately excited about this!
  • Jazzybrass
    Jazzybrass Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Jazzybrass wrote: »
    I finally found PB2 in a shop. I like making it up to a paste and eating it. I also like putting it with banana and yoghurt for breakfast

Just don't mix it with cottage cheese blech. That's one of the most vilest creations I ever thought to try. It's also pretty good on a rice cake.

I forget who mentioned Justin's peanut butters & today I bought a small snack size Almond Butter & Maple to compare to the MaraNatha at Giant today.

Thanks for the advice! I am not planning on eating cottage cheese any time soon. I am off to ENGLAND soon from Aus and am super excited. I am a bit nervous about overeating but am going to try (GULP) to eat for the two weeks without loggin to see how I go.
  • Oberon21
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Leadership meeting today, dinner tonight, all day tomorrow.

I am frightened at how much I will have to catch up on when I get back.

Friends, message me if something is happening so I can check in. Or if you need a friendly chat. Or just need some sympathy. Or a kick in the butt!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options

Yay!! sorry i missed you off Coastalpath :)

I suggest we do something like tea at the Ritz (or the Dorchester or...i'll find out where the kitchens are good and clean/cheap) and have our MFP afternoon tea.

Not limited to people in the South East! Any Brits who can get there (wherever) is welcome (or other visiting 'Mericans)!
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Hey guys. Haven't really been on here but I logged on on my laptop for the first time in a while and noticed I had a few notifications just wondering how things are so I thought I would check in. Thank you for thinking of me! It's been a tough couple of weeks.

My Grandma is still in hospital. As they said the bruising on her brain caused it to swell. In the first few days she was opening her eyes and acknowledging when we were there by making sounds but then it stopped and she kind of drifted. The pressure on her brain has caused her to have confirmed brain damage on the left side but no one knows how this will affect her yet. They were trying to find out why she was become less alert and her temperature was spiking and they discovered she has pneumonia which she's on antibiotics for now. They are wanting her to have an operation to relieve some of the pressure but have to wait until any signs of infection have gone - also she's an anesthetic risk.

She had two lumbar punctures to drain some of the fluid on her brain over the weekend and when I went to see her today she seemed to have improved. She was opening her eyes, although not really focusing but I could tell she knew I was there. Still unable to talk though. Just hoping she gets well enough for this operation and then shows some further improvement.

The whole situation is so heart-breaking. I've spent every day with my Grandma for so long I hate seeing her like this so much. But it's just a waiting game and I have to try and stay positive.

Anyway like I said it's just a bit of an update and now I'm probably gonna go 'poof' again for a little while but I can't wait to come back and catch up on this thread soon as I do miss it. I've caught up on a months worth of posts before so I'm sure I can do it again haha

Awww, I'm so sorry to hear this :cry: All the best to you and your Grandma
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    @orangesmartie what was freerunning?

its urban running and jumping over obstacles, using them to jump onto/from. Wiki says: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freerunning clear as mud!

The place Jillian went to was an indoor arena and it looked pretty cool. There's probably youtube vids, but i can't look at them at work.

• girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Why's everyone so excited about England?!! Out of my office window all I can see is grey clouds and an office park. In my office in VA if you stepped outside you could see the blue ridge mountains (although that was it's only redeeming feature).

@KylerJaye regarding your mum, if she's anything like me she probably is empathetic, just not so good at being sympathetic. I will listen to someone, but I'm not going to boohoo over things with them, I'm very much in the just get on with it camp. It's part of the reason I don't reply to as many things on here as some people, because probably a lot of people don't really like the stop crying about it and deal with it attitude, they'd rather someone sit and poor them for a while. Although, saying that, a lot of people do tell me their problems, so maybe they do. But anyway, I think your mum was empathetic, and probably very concerned about what had happened, but if she's like me her thought would have then been, well how do you deal with it, slow down, so offered that as practical advice rather than going down the oh no how terrible route.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    Is anyone who hangs out here a volume eater who's also successful with their weight loss and fitness? I am referring someone over here to MFP from the 'loseit' subreddit on reddit.com (the 'loseit' community is fantastic, btw). She binges on junk because she just needs to feel full, but really liked the suggestion I picked up here about cooking a whole bag of frozen veggies and eating those instead. I'm pretty sure I've seen similar suggestions from other volume eaters but was hoping I could either get more suggestions or maybe even a name or two to refer her to.

I'm useless to her because I'm one of those 'three small meals and two medium snacks per day' people who's never been able to eat high volume even when I was eating too many calories.

Thanks kindly for any help or information.

I am sometimes a volume eater. You can eat a lot of cucumber, cauliflower, tomatoes, peas, broccoli, celery, or basically any veggie for small calories.

Dannon Plain yogurt is 100 calories for 225 grams & I will sometimes have two servings & add in cereal or peanut butter for a pretty big meal.

My lunch tomorrow will be brown rice, spinach, grape tomatoes, Kraft Fat free dressing, & a whole can of reduced sodium green beans.
    This is not a confession and I don't care because I'm SUPER excited - my passport came in the mail today woo hoo!!!!

(For those unaware I've never left the country and I'm headed to London in August!!)

True, but I live in western Canada, so it'll be a bit too far for me to go for a tea party, unfortunately.

Definitely up for a tea party if the others are?
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Confession: I'm seriously considering the intermittent fasting diet. I'm clearly not getting anywhere with the old fashioned calorie counting and I'm actually getting quite desperate now. I want to book a doctors appointment but I think they will say the same thing as my mum "Why don't you join weight watchers or slimming world" Yea, I don't want to pay someone to watch me stand on a scale.

I'm also considering taking all the money I have saved for a deposit on a house and getting someone to just suck all the fat out of me.

It's all feeling very hopeless at the moment

*hugs* give IF a try. Slimming world and Weightwatchers are not long term solutions. If they were, the companies would go bust! Their model is predicated on you keep going to meetings and buying their tasteless shite.

Its hard not to be disheartened, but you've done so well up to here. Maybe its worth trying to switch up the diet? Eat a little more for a couple of weeks, or try some different exercises?

Do not blow deposit money on surgery. It won't fix the problem.

Is there any activity that you fancy trying? pole dancing? ice skaing? abseiling? Wall climbing? All great, but different workouts. I watched an episode of the biggest loser yesterday (don't judge) and Jillian took her contestant freerunning, which looked really cool.

Totally not judging. I watch it, and I watch Jeremy Kyle, JK always helps you realise your life actually isn't that bad after all. lol

The problem I have is my SO has extreme tunnel vision. So right now I have got him into running, and he wants to run every day. This time last year we did ice skating for a laugh and something to do. Our longest streak was ice skating for 10 days in a row. It cost us a fortune and I got so bored of it I never want to do it again. So I have to juggle him as well, and running works at the moment because I don't have to go with him and he can go when he wants to rather than us doing it as a pair. And before someone say "You can do something without him" We don't actually have friends, it's just the two of us, and going to do something fun without the other is kind of heartbreaking. He did Cricket lessons every Monday for a while and I didn't know what to do with myself and he said it felt too weird me not being there. But I hate cricket, I was rubbish at it at school and I fear getting smacked in the face with the ball.