Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @ShibaEars that is super great news!!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I just got a phone call regarding the bat and it is negative for rabies! I wasn't consciously thinking about it much over the last few days, but I was very relieved to hear the good news! :grin:

It's such great news @ShibaEars, I'M going to celebrate!
  • BodyByBex
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Confession: I was REALLY cranky with my mom, uncle, and dad yesterday. Like REALLY bad. I snapped at EVERYONE and it wasn't until my friend canceled our shopping trip for today(my ONE day off this week) that I realized WHY I was SO CRANKY!

I was upset that my ONE day to get to do what I want to do was taken and it was really upsetting me. It's not that I don't like shopping with my friend Alycia, because I do. I just felt like I had NO control over anything and I HAD to do all of it.

Now that it's canceled I'm thinking about all the things I have the time to do now like cook more egg frittata things for my family, go grocery shopping with my mom and dad, work on the yard, wash my laundry, and clean my room!
    Or...I could just sleep...maybe get a workout in. :wink:

ETA: I think I'm going to teach my MOM how to make the frittatas and then I'll make a nice dessert for everyone. Some kind of molten chocolate monstrosity with some Blue Bell Vanilla Ice Cream on top!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    ejb060793 wrote: »
    Someone sent me a pretty nasty message earlier. In return, I ate 5 pieces of bacon (was going to be a pound but it burnt me and fell on the floor, and as mopey as I was, I won't eat floor bacon), grape juice (I've been drinking water only for quite a while, with the exception of an occasional glass of OJ) a big bowl of cereal (I didn't measure, but I guestimate it was 3 cups), and chicken tenders pan fried with mozzarella cheese. My normal 1000 - 1200 calories is pretty well shot. I tried to exercise to make up for it, but I just didn't want to. I'd rather go play a video game and sleep.

When did mothers stop telling their kids, "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything?"

We've all had our share of grief bacon here. I am sad that some of yours went to waste. It's sad to drop bacon in the floor. Well, I think it's sad. My lab thinks it's fantastic!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

I did the same thing!! Except instead of water I put dish soap in it. I didn't think drowning it in water would be enough to keep from digging it out of the trash can...

My kids would murder me if I stopped buying peanut butter...
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Someone sent me a pretty nasty message earlier. In return, I ate 5 pieces of bacon (was going to be a pound but it burnt me and fell on the floor, and as mopey as I was, I won't eat floor bacon), grape juice (I've been drinking water only for quite a while, with the exception of an occasional glass of OJ) a big bowl of cereal (I didn't measure, but I guestimate it was 3 cups), and chicken tenders pan fried with mozzarella cheese. My normal 1000 - 1200 calories is pretty well shot. I tried to exercise to make up for it, but I just didn't want to. I'd rather go play a video game and sleep.

When did mothers stop telling their kids, "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything?"

We've all had our share of grief bacon here. I am sad that some of yours went to waste. It's sad to drop bacon in the floor. Well, I think it's sad. My lab thinks it's fantastic!

This made me laugh. Ah yes. Tessa(my chow/lab mix) is ALL ABOUT dropped bacon.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Still doing confessions?

If so, I drink....a lot.

Like to the point where I have to save massive amount of weekend calories to get my drink on.

Sad....

Yes, we still do confessions. Please just tell me you don't drive drink. And consider asking yourself if you chose not to this weekend, how hard would it be?

It also matters WHY you drink. I enjoy the flavors of alcohol. I LOVE different kinds of wine(I'm persuading my dad to try a new pinot noir tonight!). I also enjoy whiskey and sipping vodkas.

Because my reason is I enjoy the alcohol, I work in a serving a day(plus wine is allegedly 'good for you') in a carefully calculated manor that wont deprive me of my nutritious food. Because I love food too much to EVER let that go.

Others drink just to get drunk or to self medicate a pain issue. Be it physical or emotional.

It does matter why. My dad self medicated for PTSD. When he went to rehab, his BAL was 1.3 and he functioned with that level of alcohol in his system all of my life until I was 20. He also got drunker than that and wasn't functional.

I don't mind social drinking. I don't mind daily drinking. Genetics aren't in my favor so I don't do it often, maybe six times in the last year. (bourbon, hard cider, Baileys for my coffee) I asked how hard it would be to not do it because it was a confession and most of us don't confess to what we feel we can control. You've thought about what, why and when you drink. I like that.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

I did the same thing!! Except instead of water I put dish soap in it. I didn't think drowning it in water would be enough to keep from digging it out of the trash can...

@MoHousdon, have you gotten BINGO yet?

That was my thought too o:)
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your kind words. It's frustrating because even if I KNOW I'm not the cause of someone's anger, I am not fully able to convince myself. Just like with any anxiety I suppose :tongue:
    Anyone watch Wayward Pines? I am just watching the first episode now.....
    I just finished watching it with my boyfriend and we both agreed that it was a huge letdown. I especially hated the ending. You might think otherwise, though. Right now I'm watching True Detective and it is brilliantly acted!

@ShibaEars I'm happy to hear about the rabie-less bat! @raelynnsmama52512 Good news on all fronts! Even if your baby growing up is bittersweet... but she'll always be your baby deep down :blush:

Oh no!! I watched the first season of True Detective and was NOT impressed.......
    May I ask, can you tell me what you did not like about it, without spoilers, or no?
    Maybe we just have different tastes :tongue: I liked Wayward Pines for a while and thought it had interesting ideas.... but I didn't particularly like any of the characters and the ending was by far the worst part. I think more than anything I was dissatisfied :lol: Plenty of people do love the show, though. If you continue watching it I want to know what you think!

Why didn't you like True Detective? I think I'm six episodes in.
    In general, I found it drawn out and boring. I stuck with it because of the reviews and thought for sure it would pay off in the end.....it did not. I cannot say why until you are finished though. Is this season one you are watching? I never bothered with season two.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @ShibaEars that is super great news!!

Ditto so happy for you & Freya.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your kind words. It's frustrating because even if I KNOW I'm not the cause of someone's anger, I am not fully able to convince myself. Just like with any anxiety I suppose :tongue:
    I just finished watching it with my boyfriend and we both agreed that it was a huge letdown. I especially hated the ending. You might think otherwise, though. Right now I'm watching True Detective and it is brilliantly acted!

@ShibaEars I'm happy to hear about the rabie-less bat! @raelynnsmama52512 Good news on all fronts! Even if your baby growing up is bittersweet... but she'll always be your baby deep down :blush:

Oh no!! I watched the first season of True Detective and was NOT impressed.......
    May I ask, can you tell me what you did not like about it, without spoilers, or no?

I didn't like true detective either, although I didn't give that one much of a chance, I'm not even sure I got through a full episode. I work away quite often and there are definitely shows I give up on a lot quicker at times I'm not around much. Right now the only thing I want to watch is criminal minds though. Been working through from the beginning, can't believe I'd never watched it before.

Me too!! I just started season one last week.....
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I confess when I am on the stationary bike I have been watching Young & Hungry on Netflix.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options

I didn't like true detective either, although I didn't give that one much of a chance, I'm not even sure I got through a full episode. I work away quite often and there are definitely shows I give up on a lot quicker at times I'm not around much. Right now the only thing I want to watch is criminal minds though. Been working through from the beginning, can't believe I'd never watched it before.

We're on season 6, started in about March. It's my favourite thing on TV, I think the cast are great, I like the different characters in the team and its about the only thing that I actually pay attention and don't text or read this thread during because I want to pay attention.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options

Yep, still have the season on my DVR. Loved it. It's strange but it kept my interest.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I just got a phone call regarding the bat and it is negative for rabies! I wasn't consciously thinking about it much over the last few days, but I was very relieved to hear the good news! :grin:

Oh, that's great to hear! I actually was thinking about it. On your behalf.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Miss you guys! I'm skimming to see what's going on, but am so busy at work. Have a big, big, big case that is getting ready to break wide open. If it makes the news, I'll try to post the link. Hugs to everyone that needs them, and "good jobs" to those who are rocking it!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

I love Criminal Minds!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options

Maybe we just have different tastes :tongue: I liked Wayward Pines for a while and thought it had interesting ideas.... but I didn't particularly like any of the characters and the ending was by far the worst part. I think more than anything I was dissatisfied :lol: Plenty of people do love the show, though. If you continue watching it I want to know what you think!

Why didn't you like True Detective? I think I'm six episodes in.
    In general, I found it drawn out and boring. I stuck with it because of the reviews and thought for sure it would pay off in the end.....it did not. I cannot say why until you are finished though. Is this season one you are watching? I never bothered with season two.
    I can see why you would find it boring. Wayward Pines might indeed be more your thing :tongue: I am watching the first season... I heard that the second season is much worse so I probably won't be bothering with it. I'm curious... have you seen Mad Men and if so did you like it?
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Well, you all were busy over the weekend and just now I am getting a chance to really catch up. @ShibaEars so glad the bat was negative. Huge relief for you!! I don't really get migraines, but I have seen my sister go through them and can sympathize with those of you that do get them. I have been trying to figure out what I want to watch next, but I have been walking more and losing interest in TV and movies pretty much. Give me a good book.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I love both seasons of TD. Vince Vaughn was the weakest part of season 2 but I even liked how his character's arch ended.

I'm really just watching Narcos (...well, trying to stay still long enough to watch it on the desktop) and Fear the Walking Dead atm
    I WAS watching Hannibal, but that ended prematurely last week. It did have a perfect ending.

Glad to hear the bat was negative @ShibaEars !
    Why do people do this? I hope today turns out better!