Replies

• Mariang165
    Mariang165 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    August Results:
    LNS: 6
    Streak: 11

Sept Goals
    LNS: less than 6, maybe only 3! Yep, I am an optimist!
    Streak: more than last month's 11, which was the longestttttt I ever had!

Sept 1
    Me: 1*
    LNS: 0

I'm on a roll!
  • Leeleelahlah
    Leeleelahlah Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm changing my method-- I will still only be consuming air-popped popcorn after dinner, but I'm not going to put a time limit to it.
    Sept 1
    Me: 1*
  • WalkerPop
    WalkerPop Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    September Weekly Goals:
    I think I'm going to raise the bar slightly.
    • Daily water goal: Full gallon (128 oz) at least 5 of 7 days per week. …
    • Daily sleep goal: Seven hours at least 5 of 7 days per week. …
    • Late Night Snacking: Eat nothing after 9 p.m. 6 of 7 days per week. …
    Specifically, I plan to end September with a 30-night streak of no late night snacking, but am allowing for ...life! I decided to stick with 9 p.m., because I regularly don't eat dinner until 8 or 8:30.

I realize the first two goals are off-topic. (I hope you'll indulge me.) You friends have become secondary accountability partners, so I'm just puttin' it out there. These are my Achilles heals, as it were. Coffee, tea, and Dt Coke are diuretics and contain caffeine. Both aspects make them counterproductive for me. (The more I drink the less hydrated I am, but the more muchies - LNS - I succumb to.) I've replaced them with water, only having an occasional coffee. Concerning the sleep goal, besides being healthier, the earlier I go to bed the less LNS I give in to.
  • WalkerPop
    Options
    Me: 1* … 
    LNS: 0  …  
    Streak: 1 … 30, here we come!
  • Mariang165
    Mariang165 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    WalkerPop wrote: »
    September Weekly Goals:
    I think I'm going to raise the bar slightly.
    • Daily water goal: Full gallon (128 oz) at least 5 of 7 days per week. …
    • Daily sleep goal: Seven hours at least 5 of 7 days per week. …
    • Late Night Snacking: Eat nothing after 9 p.m. 6 of 7 days per week. …
    Specifically, I plan to end September with a 30-night streak of no late night snacking, but am allowing for ...life! I decided to stick with 9 p.m., because I regularly don't eat dinner until 8 or 8:30.

I realize the first two goals are off-topic. (I hope you'll indulge me.) You friends have become secondary accountability partners, so I'm just puttin' it out there. These are my Achilles heals, as it were. Coffee, tea, and Dt Coke are diuretics and contain caffeine. Both aspects make them counterproductive for me. (The more I drink the less hydrated I am, but the more muchies - LNS - I succumb to.) I've replaced them with water, only having an occasional coffee. Concerning the sleep goal, besides being healthier, the earlier I go to bed the less LNS I give in to.

@walkerPop sounds like a great plan, as we all are learning, we need to find out what works for us, not always copy what works for others, because sometimes it may not be the best for us. Good luck, I'm looking forward to following your great progress for another month! Cheers, Marian
  • WalkerPop
    Options
    Thanx, @Mariang165 !
  • sbaby22
    sbaby22 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Jazz1979P wrote: »
    I am already doing Steptember, so doing 10k every day for 28days. I still wanted to share some of my hints. After dinner just before cravings hit or right on time I drink a green tea or matcha tea. If I still have cravings afterwards I check the time and wait for at least 20-30min. If I still have cravings I weight out a small snack to log it, like nuts or dark chocolate and the I fully enjoy it one by one! Good luck everybody!

I love these hints thanks so much!!!!!

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,918 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Day 2

Me: 2*
    Steak 2

Sept. goals
    1. Lose 10 pounds
    2. Make only eat fruit after 7:30.
    3. I will not eat after 7:30 at night.
  • sufufitness
    sufufitness Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Me:2
    LNS:0
  • d8nni
    d8nni Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Me 1
    LNS 0

LNS and I go waaay back. In fact, I think that's pretty much how I got all the extra pounds. We should break up. For EVER. Keep track of who's running things sounds like a good idea. Thanks!
  • CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Me: 2*

:)
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Me: 1
    Night Monster: 0
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    September 3:
    Me: 0
    LNS:3
  • JennyLee1956
    JennyLee1956 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Me 2
    LNS 0
  • Badw0lf1
    Badw0lf1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me: 2
  • allyj128
    allyj128 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is such a great thread. It's always so reassuring to know that you're not alone!

I can't set a specific time to stop eating, because I tend to eat dinner late (it varies from night to night), but for me it needs to be nothing after dinner unless it's fruit or vegetables. I tend to crave sweets after dinner, so need to keep those at bay!

Me: 1
  • Skippie1234
    Skippie1234 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Me: 2
  • fmadika
    fmadika Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Me 1
    LNS 0