SAY "NO" TO LATE NIGHT SNACKING IN SEPTEMBER 2015

Options

Replies

• weirdingwayward
    weirdingwayward Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Me: 3 - LNS: 0

This might be the longest I've ever gone without saying 'screw it' and munching away anyway, actually.
  • SaMa544
    SaMa544 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Riel of thumb is after 7 no more food. Drink water or even do some light cleaning or crunches to help you curve your hunger.
  • julia123xyz
    julia123xyz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Late to the party, but I'm in too!
    Making time for exercise after work, then dinner after exercise, my late night will start at 8:00
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    ME 2 LNS 0
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Can I join too? Even if it's late?
  • Mariang165
    Mariang165 Posts: 2,104 Member
    Options
    Can I join too? Even if it's late?

Welcome, and of course you may! Anytime is a great time to start new, improved habits, good luck!
  • Mariang165
    Mariang165 Posts: 2,104 Member
    Options
    Me: 2*
    LNS: 0
    Streak: 2!

Had a tough day today, so one of my tricks is to report the previous day's progress late the next day. This helps me to re focus for tonight and not let the binging LNS take over. See, now I have told you all, I must not let myself and all of you down tonight. Yep, I'm going to drink lots of water!

Happy to see some of our regulars from the past few months' challenge and a warm welcome to all of you new folks, sorry too many of you to acknowledge individually, but looking forward to getting to know you all better! It is a huge step just to commit and report regularly, pat yourselves on the back, well done!
  • believeandyoushallachieve
    Options
    This is the best thread ever!! Always eating late or lns. Its gotta stop!
    Goal is no lns after 7 !
    Me:2
    Lns:0
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Me: 3*
    Streak: 3

I'm starting to realize how much of a habit LNS had become for me. I'm not hungry. I can still taste dinner... and yet I'm thinking about snacking! The scale is responding to less food though, so I'm sticking to it!!!
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Nothing but water after 9:15pm is one of my biggest rules.
  • Pudding1980
    Options
    Yay! Thanks. I am a binge eater and have realized that eating in front of the TV is my biggest problem. It's like "kids in bed + TV + time to relax = MUST EAT" and that's not necessary. I'm not quite sure I can set a definitive cut off time for eating because sometimes I eat dinner at 5pm and need a snack in the evening, and sometimes I don't eat dinner until 8pm and then that's it. I may start trying for a cutoff of 9pm most nights. It's more that after my planned snack, I need to switch over to herbal tea or flavored calorie free sparkling water and stop eating. I'll start tonight.
  • Leeleelahlah
    Leeleelahlah Posts: 44 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I already failed. Last night I had a cookie before I went to bed, and went over my calorie limit by 150 cals. I also just logged my dinner (quinoa, broccoli, and Daiya "cheese"),and didn't realize as I was making it how many calories it would be. (I don't have a food scale, and I never made this before. I also had a large portion.) 870 cals for JUST DINNER. So I'm not even having popcorn tonight. Just water, maybe some herbal tea.

For Sept 2
    Me: 1
    LNS: 1*
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Me:2*
    Lns:1
    Streak:2 :-)
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,853 Member
    Options
    Day 3

Steak: 3

Sept. goals
    1. Lose 10 pounds
    2. Make only eat fruit after 7:30.
    3. I will not eat after 7:30 at night.
  • Elisabuffy19
    Elisabuffy19 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Ok I'll try this for September! My goal for September is to lose 5 more lbs so I need some new ideas and motivation.
    My plan is a snack is allowed only if I stay in the green!! I have to stick to that.
    So far -
    Me: 0
    LNS: 3

Sept goal- lose 5 lbs
  • sufufitness
    sufufitness Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Me:3
    LNS:0
  • CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    ivyivy wrote: »
    I already failed. Last night I had a cookie before I went to bed, and went over my calorie limit by 150 cals. I also just logged my dinner (quinoa, broccoli, and Daiya "cheese"),and didn't realize as I was making it how many calories it would be. (I don't have a food scale, and I never made this before. I also had a large portion.) 870 cals for JUST DINNER. So I'm not even having popcorn tonight. Just water, maybe some herbal tea.

For Sept 2
    LNS: 1*

Today is a new day! Keep it up! :)
  • zkjmum
    zkjmum Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Joining in because this is my biggest food trap...the late-night snacking is the number 1 thing holding me back from losing weight and keeping it off. I started logging again on the 31st August, so for September so far I'm at:

Sept 4 (Sydney time)
    LNS: 1

I do allow myself a snack or dessert after dinner, as long as I don't go over my calorie limit or feel out of control of eating. My one LNS so far is because I had some upsetting news, and caught myself emotional eating. Managed to stop myself just before going over my limit, but it's a habit I need to break.
  • Pudding1980
    Options
  • allyj128
    allyj128 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Me: 2

:)