Me: 2
    LNS: 1
  • Mariang165
    Mariang165 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,

Me: 3*
    LNS: 0

Happy to report I got through yesterday, both scheduled meals and the LNS gremlin as well! I feel today will be a good one as I have planned my full menu and allowed for a evening glass of red wine! I know, just one!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone to the September challenge!!! It has been a very busy week for me, first with a doctor's appt on Tuesday and then the dentist on Thursday and since yesterday and today I'm having work computer problems and am about to leave the house to get different work computer...argh!! Fortunately, I've been doing great with no LNS so far.

Sept 3

• WalkerPop
    WalkerPop Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    @ivyivy, I'm relieved to see @care180 posted their encouragement. Don't fall into the "this day/week/month is blown, so I'll start again next..." trap! Every morning is a new one.

If your struggle is anything like mine, the biggest victory is see and acknowledging the pitfall LNS is! No more mindless eating, in front of the TV or anywhere else.

Me: 3* …
    LNS: 0 …
    Streak: 3 … (33 overall) … Like others observed, I've never gone this long without some LNS!
  • Leeleelahlah
    Leeleelahlah Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    WalkerPop wrote: »
    @ivyivy, I'm relieved to see @care180 posted their encouragement. Don't fall into the "this day/week/month is blown, so I'll start again next..." trap! Every morning is a new one.

If your struggle is anything like mine, the biggest victory is see and acknowledging the pitfall LNS is! No more mindless eating, in front of the TV or anywhere else.

Streak: 3 … (33 overall) … Like others observed, I've never gone this long without some LNS!

Thank you! I don't think anything is blown except for that one night. I was hoping to go a little longer without messing up, though!
  • Leeleelahlah
    Leeleelahlah Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    care180 wrote: »
    ivyivy wrote: »
    I already failed. Last night I had a cookie before I went to bed, and went over my calorie limit by 150 cals. I also just logged my dinner (quinoa, broccoli, and Daiya "cheese"),and didn't realize as I was making it how many calories it would be. (I don't have a food scale, and I never made this before. I also had a large portion.) 870 cals for JUST DINNER. So I'm not even having popcorn tonight. Just water, maybe some herbal tea.

For Sept 2
    Me: 1
    LNS: 1*

Today is a new day! Keep it up! :)

Thank you!
  • d8nni
    d8nni Posts: 49 Member
    Options

Damn you chips and salsa.
  • Mariang165
    Mariang165 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    d8nni wrote: »

That's ok, next time just dance the salsa!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    September Weekly Goals:
    I think I'm going to raise the bar slightly.
    • Daily water goal: Full gallon (128 oz) at least 5 of 7 days per week. …
    • Daily sleep goal: Seven hours at least 5 of 7 days per week. …
    • Late Night Snacking: Eat nothing after 9 p.m. 6 of 7 days per week. …
    Specifically, I plan to end September with a 30-night streak of no late night snacking, but am allowing for ...life! I decided to stick with 9 p.m., because I regularly don't eat dinner until 8 or 8:30.

I realize the first two goals are off-topic. (I hope you'll indulge me.) You friends have become secondary accountability partners, so I'm just puttin' it out there. These are my Achilles heals, as it were. Coffee, tea, and Dt Coke are diuretics and contain caffeine. Both aspects make them counterproductive for me. (The more I drink the less hydrated I am, but the more muchies - LNS - I succumb to.) I've replaced them with water, only having an occasional coffee. Concerning the sleep goal, besides being healthier, the earlier I go to bed the less LNS I give in to.

Way to go! :) Managed to get the hospital wifi working. I am immobile so no LNS :lol:

Streak: 9

• Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    LNS: 2
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Me: 3 - LNS: 0

This might be the longest I've ever gone without saying 'screw it' and munching away anyway, actually.

Wonderful!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    d8nni wrote: »

Oh yes, chips and salsa, I know that snack!!!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    zkjmum wrote: »
    Joining in because this is my biggest food trap...the late-night snacking is the number 1 thing holding me back from losing weight and keeping it off. I started logging again on the 31st August, so for September so far I'm at:

Sept 4 (Sydney time)
    LNS: 1

I do allow myself a snack or dessert after dinner, as long as I don't go over my calorie limit or feel out of control of eating. My one LNS so far is because I had some upsetting news, and caught myself emotional eating. Managed to stop myself just before going over my limit, but it's a habit I need to break.

Welcome! :-)
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Yay! Thanks. I am a binge eater and have realized that eating in front of the TV is my biggest problem. It's like "kids in bed + TV + time to relax = MUST EAT" and that's not necessary. I'm not quite sure I can set a definitive cut off time for eating because sometimes I eat dinner at 5pm and need a snack in the evening, and sometimes I don't eat dinner until 8pm and then that's it. I may start trying for a cutoff of 9pm most nights. It's more that after my planned snack, I need to switch over to herbal tea or flavored calorie free sparkling water and stop eating. I'll start tonight.

I have the exact same problem with eating while watching TV. It's a comfort thing, I think. Your LNS plan is what you decide, so experiment with it and see what works for you. :smile:
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options

Well said..."every morning is a new one." I, too, struggle with the "this day/week/month is blown" trap.
  • judithgreene2014
    judithgreene2014 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    GA Everyone and great to be back! Thanks for setting up the challenge :)
    My goals are to continue not eating after 8 pm and to continue the no yo/yo effect!

I held to my goals while on vacation in Israel and my final numbers for August were: ME: 31 LNS: 0 Streak: 43 AND I hit another goal and lost 5 lbs! Not hard in an environment where there is good fresh food and plenty of walking up and down hills, mountains and caves! So my goal is to continue being and doing fit stuff instead of eating empty calories!

September 1: ME: 1* LNS: 0 Streak: 44
    There is no place like home! Let's go and remember the goal is to be the best you can be! Good luck everyone! o:)

ME: 2* LNS: 0 Streak: 45 o:)

ME:4* LNS:0 Streak: 47 o:)
    Happy Labor Day!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Sept 4

Me: 4*
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,916 Member
    Options
    Day 4

Me: 4*
    Steak: 4

Sept. goals
    1. Lose 10 pounds
    2. Make only eat fruit after 7:30.
    3. I will not eat after 7:30 at night.
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    lamlam2013 wrote: »
    Welcome everyone to the September challenge!!! It has been a very busy week for me, first with a doctor's appt on Tuesday and then the dentist on Thursday and since yesterday and today I'm having work computer problems and am about to leave the house to get different work computer...argh!! Fortunately, I've been doing great with no LNS so far.

Sept 3

Tough week! & no LNS. Whoop whoop! :-)