June Walking Challenge - Break a sweat!

Options

Replies

• cjnolt
    cjnolt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Just did my morning walk with my dog - added 2 more miles... today we saw a turkey on our walk.
  • frogy_98
    frogy_98 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Ok so I got my ticker set up for the month, and got a 2 mile walk in yesterday, going to do the same today while little one is down for a nap! Hope everyone has a succesful weekend!
  • lindaj07
    lindaj07 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    3.4 miles for me today but faster.

I went back to my original walk that I did when I started logging here:
    3.4 miles round the park in 61 minutes burned 296 calories. Today, I did it in 53 minutes and burned 342 calories.
    I've decided that I want to try to get up to 4 miles an hour but not sure how long that will take.
  • bex481
    bex481 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Walked 4 miles ad it felt great!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    2.5 miles today, and enjoying the nice weather.
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi walkers!!!
    Nice to see so many posting today , that just awesome. Another 3 miles done for me; yes!!!!:drinker:

Can some one tell me how to update my ticker?

Make it a fantastic nite and enjoy your families!!!

Janet:heart:
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Amazing weather here today and got in another 45min. Happy walking everyone!
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hi walkers!!!
    Nice to see so many posting today , that just awesome. Another 3 miles done for me; yes!!!!:drinker:

Can some one tell me how to update my ticker?

Make it a fantastic nite and enjoy your families!!!

Go to your signature page and the web address for your ticker is copied there. Go to that address and click on Update Ticker and put in your pin and plug in your miles and then click next. Good luck!
  • Danthewatcher
    Options
    A beautiful weekend to all!

:happy:
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I've decided that I want to try to get up to 4 miles an hour but not sure how long that will take.

The best way to up your speed is to shorten your stride and punp your arms to propel you. It feels a bit silly at first, but it really makes you move!

I finally got another walk in today - 6 miles.

exercise.png
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I got in 86 minutes yesterday.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    40 minutes today!
  • lindaj07
    lindaj07 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

The best way to up your speed is to shorten your stride and punp your arms to propel you. It feels a bit silly at first, but it really makes you move!

I finally got another walk in today - 6 miles.

exercise.png

Great! Thanks for the info and glad you got your walk in - won't be long now till the Moonwalk - are you getting anxious?

I had a great walk today, it seems the weather was better on the east coast - I've logged 6 miles cross country but I actually switched my phone app off at 7.6... Too many cals burned to think about!!!! Too tired! Treated myself to some Whittards luxury hot chocolate! Didn't push my speed as I was with the rambling group and difficult to do walking on rough ground.... :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    30 minutes today!
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    Did 20 minutes of kettle bell w/o and 3 miles !!!!! I even got my ticker updated :laugh: Thank you Eliza!!! Counting today as a winner. Take care everyone!!!

Have a great nite,
  • mimi7grands
    mimi7grands Posts: 616
    Options
    Thank you, NV, for organizing this challenge. And thank you, Linda, for letting me know about it. It was just what I needed to boost my motivation. So far, so good! Had a wonderful 3.25 mile walk today at about 3.25 mph. That's a longer walk than usual and a little faster pace. And I did it without stopping to rest. I even jogged a little!! Helped that the weather was cool. I jumped on the stairstepper at the end of the day because I'd used up my calories and wanted a salad. :tongue: I feel good! :happy:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    30 minutes in today. :) Doing C25K...I might adjust my goal to a smaller one. I was going to try to walk on the other days, but I decided to either rest or do some AB stuff and give my legs a rest.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Thank you, NV, for organizing this challenge. And thank you, Linda, for letting me know about it. It was just what I needed to boost my motivation. So far, so good! Had a wonderful 3.25 mile walk today at about 3.25 mph. That's a longer walk than usual and a little faster pace. And I did it without stopping to rest. I even jogged a little!! Helped that the weather was cool. I jumped on the stairstepper at the end of the day because I'd used up my calories and wanted a salad. :tongue: I feel good! :happy:

This is awesome! Hope you do really well :)
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    I have had a VERY busy weekend!Haven't been able to get a walk in,but today when it cools down I am going to get about 2.5 miles in.I am going to have to double up this week to make up for what I missed.
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Not sure it it's cheating, but I am counting the hour I spent mowing the grass yesterday... hey, I am still taking steps, plus I am pushing a heavy mower (not self propelled)
    I also got up this morning & taking an hour and 7 minute walk. I was bookin it, almost 4 miles an hour. I pushed my son in his stroller.