What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    momwow17 wrote: »
    In July I started doing more cardio and added strength training. The effect on my Heart Rate really surprisedpo65aqd8qfcr.png
    1ih3e2k10ula.png
    me!

That's bleeping fantastic!
  • brandyosu
    brandyosu Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm down two full sizes to a size 14. Went to the store today and on a whim decided to try on pants the next two sizes down. Got the 10s up to my hips and got the 12s all the way up and almost buttoned. They would have been too tight to wear out in public if they HAD buttoned/zipped but just seeing that made me realize how close I am to being a size I haven't seen in at least 10 or 11 years!

Oh, and this probably says a lot about the ratio of my booty to my top but many of my XL tops are starting to look saggy and droopy on me. And here I always thought I was an hourglass, not a pear!
  • hugheseva
    hugheseva Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    @momwow17 - This is excellent!
  • chrysalis2015
    chrysalis2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Just went to Kohl's. I dropped 2 jean sizes, 2 shirt sizes, 2 coat sizes....scale hasn't budged much but that fat is melting off!! Big STFU to my mom who keeps telling me to stop lifting weights because I'll get bulky and look like a man. For once, I bought everything in the "regular" department versus plus. My biggest issue with the jeans was they were too long (I'm 5'4")...versus fitting my belly/fat butt in them. I actually have a WAIST in the coat I bought, too.

Long way to go...but man just the NSV that I needed today <3
  • hugheseva
    hugheseva Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I never would say that to my mom...if she were still with me. @chrysalis2015
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    RavenLibra wrote: »
    turning point for me was my belt... 2 years ago or was it 3... I was thinking that maybe I should start using the last hole... THAT was a moment... I said to myself... what the F**K!!! are you doing to yourself!!! so...almost a year ago to the day... my doctor calls me... it was a Saturday... Saturday morning to be exact... who's doctor calls them on a Saturday??? I had blood work done just that Friday morning... anyway.. DOC says...Go to the emergency room your blood sugar is putting you in danger... talk about freaking a person out... so.. it was almost a year ago that I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes... today... same belt... I have made it to the first notch... I have gone from working out... ONCE in a while... to cardio and weights 3 days/week... and HIIT 2 days a week... from about... 2 hours/week of exercise.. to at least 5... and today's NSV... breathing :) everyday above ground folks... is a NSV IF you are doing something to be better, stronger, healthier, so everyone.. give yourself a pat on the back and have a great weekend!!!

Thanks for sharing. And thanks to the other posters on this thread. Love reading this stuff.

• chrysalis2015
    Options
    hugheseva wrote: »

Yeah, didn't actually say that to her with those words - I said it way more tactfully. However, my mom has been nothing but verbally (and sometimes physically) abusive all my life, and her newest tangent is that I shouldn't lift because I'll look like a man and be "more monstrous" than I already am.

My condolences on the loss of your mom, however.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    hugheseva wrote: »

Yeah, didn't actually say that to her with those words - I said it way more tactfully. However, my mom has been nothing but verbally (and sometimes physically) abusive all my life, and her newest tangent is that I shouldn't lift because I'll look like a man and be "more monstrous" than I already am.

My condolences on the loss of your mom, however.

Well I'm likely old enough to be your mom, and I say lifting weights is going to make your body feel and look beautiful.

• ntinkham88
    ntinkham88 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to see abs!! I got rid of my scale because I started gaining muscle so my weight isn't a great way to measure my progress anymore. I still have a ways to go but I'm so happy to finally start seeing definition :)
  • sonyaruns
    sonyaruns Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Not a great victory, but I passed on the bread and oil with pesto at Bonefish grill - and I LOVE that bread :)
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I was able to wrap a towel completely around myself... with room left :) It used to not even close... this was a big deal to me because I don't actually see a difference in my body yet :/
  • chrysalis2015
    Options
    sonyaruns wrote: »
    Not a great victory, but I passed on the bread and oil with pesto at Bonefish grill - and I LOVE that bread :)

I've had that stuff...are you kidding, that's a great victory! :smile:
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Today I had my daughter help me do a major clean out of my dresser, closet and under the bed. I have several huge piles to donate. I also found quite a few things that will fit me now too. I don't know why I had so many clothes, everything from 12-18. I was sad to see a few things go, but very glad overall. Daughter was a big help, she's 19 and brutally honest about how it looks on, so I would of probably kept a lot of things I shouldn't of.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    RavenLibra wrote: »
    turning point for me was my belt... 2 years ago or was it 3... I was thinking that maybe I should start using the last hole... THAT was a moment... I said to myself... what the F**K!!! are you doing to yourself!!! so...almost a year ago to the day... my doctor calls me... it was a Saturday... Saturday morning to be exact... who's doctor calls them on a Saturday??? I had blood work done just that Friday morning... anyway.. DOC says...Go to the emergency room your blood sugar is putting you in danger... talk about freaking a person out... so.. it was almost a year ago that I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes... today... same belt... I have made it to the first notch... I have gone from working out... ONCE in a while... to cardio and weights 3 days/week... and HIIT 2 days a week... from about... 2 hours/week of exercise.. to at least 5... and today's NSV... breathing :) everyday above ground folks... is a NSV IF you are doing something to be better, stronger, healthier, so everyone.. give yourself a pat on the back and have a great weekend!!!

Massive high fives and congrats!!!!
  • kristinleanne1
    kristinleanne1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I bought a pair of size 10 jeans. A couple months ago I was in a 14. Such a great feeling
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,429 Member
    Options
    casawtelle wrote: »
    I can do 1 pull up! I weigh around 185 so I think that's pretty good. Now I'm working toward doing a couple in a row:)

That's fabulous - strong woman, you - yay!

• chrysalis2015
    Options
    casawtelle wrote: »
    I can do 1 pull up! I weigh around 185 so I think that's pretty good. Now I'm working toward doing a couple in a row:)

I can't wait for this to be an NSV for me! I don't remember the last time I was able to do a pull up :(
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!