New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    @Francl27 loved the bread! Can't wait to try it as French toast!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    My favorite is still the chocolate chips one, lol. There was some caramel apple or something at some point but I didn't get to try them sadly.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I can't think of the brand right now but last year someone gave me pumpkin butter from William Sonoma that was awesome, I bet it would be great on that bread! I need to get more of that...
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    While we are on the subject, my honey farmer usually has pumpkin honey this time of year. No, he does nothing to the honey to flavor it, he places his hives in the middle of the pumpkin growers' fields and the bees gather the nectar from the pumpkin blossoms (mutually beneficial arrangement since having the bees increases the pollination rates). It actually has a slight taste of pumpkin. My favorite is his chokecherry honey which is a touch sweet-sour and very dark. Like most around here, the majority of his honey is wildflower which is the term they use when they have no idea what blossoms the bees went to (or there is a variety of blossoms).
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Husband finished off my package of S'moreos (dang it!) and so I opened the Brownie Batter oreos last night. They were really interesting - the filling definitely has the texture of brownie batter, totally different than all other Oreo fillings that I have tried. I'm not sure I got a strong brownie batter taste out of them, but definitely a very rich chocolate flavor. These are definitely my favorites of the non-traditional Oreo flavors. They are also so rich that one cookie was plenty (blasphemy I know!).

More summery, but I have a great recipe using lemon Oreo's. Crush them up, mix with cream cheese that has had a little lemon juice and vanilla added, form into balls, and dip in white chocolate.

• FASTFUELXXX
    FASTFUELXXX Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    COTTON CANDY GRAPES. DELICIOUS!!!!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »
    P28 protein pancakes. Have so far tried the buckwheat and the strawberries and cream...both are delicious! Flapjacked pancakes are also really good. And also recently discovered Quest protein chips...like them a lot.

I tried the Carrot Spice flavor from Flapjacked and was very impressed (and had 100% Vitamin A per serving with actual flakes of carrot which blew me away); the P28 Buckwheat Pancakes in my opinion are a little dry, but I'm in love with their White Chococolate Chip flavor!!! Have yet to try their Strawberries & Cream version, or their coconut one! Can't wait to give those a go ;)
  • Francl27
    edited September 2015
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    SuggaD wrote: »
    P28 protein pancakes. Have so far tried the buckwheat and the strawberries and cream...both are delicious! Flapjacked pancakes are also really good. And also recently discovered Quest protein chips...like them a lot.

I tried the Carrot Spice flavor from Flapjacked and was very impressed (and had 100% Vitamin A per serving with actual flakes of carrot which blew me away); the P28 Buckwheat Pancakes in my opinion are a little dry, but I'm in love with their White Chococolate Chip flavor!!! Have yet to try their Strawberries & Cream version, or their coconut one! Can't wait to give those a go ;)

Hmm I got to try and find them. I still like Kodiak mixes a lot though!

Still no luck finding the pumpkin spice almonds, the pumpkin Fiber Ones, or those triple chocolate Kit kats... even went to Target for them... Nope :(
  • Francl27
    Options
    I forgot to add - I bought this after all

th?id=JN.V6KlxyCYTx%2f56Ixvt9gaVw&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

French toast for breakfast tomorrow. Will report (just got to figure out the topping... thinking maybe just some powdered sugar).

I also got my Graze box, I don't know if any of you subscribe to it (I get 8 snacks once a month), and I just had their snickerdoodle dip (with cinnamon pretzels) and it's absolutely fantastic.
  • grwrn
    grwrn Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    COTTON CANDY GRAPES. DELICIOUS!!!!

I ditto this. Although I am sure it is a GMO.
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Tried thisj2q70edbjm5g.jpg

Tried this today in the store on braised chicken! Amazing!
  • TamLam99
    TamLam99 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Just picked up some more pumpkin items.
    Pumpkin spice bagels and almonds
    8hdwz7sbutfc.jpg
  • TamLam99
    TamLam99 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    @wearmi1 that pumpkin mole sounds awesome.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    wearmi1 wrote: »
    Tried thisj2q70edbjm5g.jpg

Tried this today in the store on braised chicken! Amazing!
    I love, love, love WS sauces. I usually can't afford any of their gadgets, appliances, or cookware so I satisfy my spending urges by trying their sauces. I've never had a bad one!
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

French toast for breakfast tomorrow. Will report (just got to figure out the topping... thinking maybe just some powdered sugar).

I also got my Graze box, I don't know if any of you subscribe to it (I get 8 snacks once a month), and I just had their snickerdoodle dip (with cinnamon pretzels) and it's absolutely fantastic.

My mom always used to just do butter and powdered sugar on French Toast, I never even knew people ate it with syrup until well into my adult hood. She also used to just use plain white sandwich bread, and we only had it as breakfast for dinner. It was such a special treat, I love French Toast!

Also I've never done Graze boxes, are the things in them available retail? If so, what brand is the snickerdoodle dip?

• scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @vinegar_husbands That Kevita pineapple drink looks right up my alley, I'll be on the lookout for it!
  • doosalily15
    doosalily15 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Ahhh reading thread til 4 a.m.
    Goodnight or morning I should say
  • Francl27
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »

My mom always used to just do butter and powdered sugar on French Toast, I never even knew people ate it with syrup until well into my adult hood. She also used to just use plain white sandwich bread, and we only had it as breakfast for dinner. It was such a special treat, I love French Toast!

Also I've never done Graze boxes, are the things in them available retail? If so, what brand is the snickerdoodle dip?

No it's only per subscription, you can try them out and get a box free though... I really like it a lot, but I got the old pricing... not sure I'd spend what they ask for now.

The apple caramel bread was ok. It seemed pretty mild flavored, but it might be because I had some ricotta with it. I might try a slice plain at some point, but the calories are pretty high compared to the others (120, but really 125-130 when you weigh the slice).
  • deeS3211
    deeS3211 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ips are pretty good. I like quest bars when you cut them up and nuke them for a few seconds