emmoen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    cmtigger wrote: »
    PTs are not dietitians.
    Concur
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    i've just begun my 90 days transformation. Day 2 and I'm struggling already. I'm not used to following macros. Or a meal plan. I'm trying but my god I am struggling to stay away from little treats. Any words of wisdom?

Yes. Forget about 90 day transformation, or any day transformation, and just work on making lifestyle changes that will enable you to successfully manage your goals on a long-term basis.

If you want to lose weight, all you have to do is eat at a calorie deficit. You can even eat all the foods you love in moderation as long as you stay in your calorie goals.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I don't think the carbs are stopping you from getting lean.

If that is you in your profile picture, your body is on point and I am insanely jealous right now - but I couldn't cut out my carbs, not for anyone or anything!! Haha :)

Thank you. Its a struggle, I love carbs!! But I will carry on trying

Why, if you love carbs? I lost 44 pounds eating carbs, have been maintaining for over a year and a half eating carbs, and I believe in carbs. :)

Every time I tried food type restriction or the next big diet on the market I failed. It was only when I decided to eat all the foods I love in moderation that I became successful.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    90 transformation implies that in 90 days it will end. Then what? I know I have a long journey to go, but I plan on eating healthy and making this transformational thing a lifelong journey.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    What sort of body transformation do you expect from this eating plan? How much weight are you trying to lose? Because with just 1350 calories for 90 days, this will be quite a lot and if this is a recent picture, it will probably be more than is healthy. Unless the expected transformation is to look anorexic?
  • Quinn_Baker
    Quinn_Baker Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm on a fat loss diet as provided by my PT. i should be consuming 1350 calories a day and no more. I'm eating super clean. Which means no cheats whats so ever. I'm eating very little carbs, infact my only carb intake is a kiwi and half an avocado. My energy levels are super low. The only reason im fancying treats is because im so hungry and i know they will feel me up. A rice cake and almond butter doesnt quite cut it nor does an oat shake

Yeah, this isn't healthy at all. If your energy levels are low, that should tell you something. EAT.
    Do you think this plan is sustainable for 90 days (and forever after)? :(
  • Quinn_Baker
    Quinn_Baker Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I don't think the carbs are stopping you from getting lean.

If that is you in your profile picture, your body is on point and I am insanely jealous right now - but I couldn't cut out my carbs, not for anyone or anything!! Haha :)

Thank you. Its a struggle, I love carbs!! But I will carry on trying

Don't cut out carbs.. they aren't "the enemy". You need them for energy!!
  • SachaMarinus
    SachaMarinus Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This current diet is only for 3 weeks. I will then change the diet again once ive got my body fat down to a number im much happier with. My goal is to look lean. Once i'm lean i will then try to add on size whilst retaining the same level of body fat.
    Annr wrote: »
    90 transformation implies that in 90 days it will end. Then what? I know I have a long journey to go, but I plan on eating healthy and making this transformational thing a lifelong journey.

The transformation is merely a challenge for myself to push myself to limit and see how far i can push myself pyhscially and mentally. I should mention that after 90 days i wont snap back and start eating crap. This is a new lifestyle change for me. Im just struggling at the first hurdle.
    aggelikik wrote: »
    Because with just 1350 calories for 90 days, this will be quite a lot and if this is a recent picture, it will probably be more than is healthy. Unless the expected transformation is to look anorexic?

My goal isn't to look anorexic. I wont push myself that far. I am working out 5 days a week to increase my muscle hypertrophy in order to achieve my desired look. Like stated above. My diet will change in 2 weeks.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    My goal isn't to look anorexic. I wont push myself that far. I am working out 5 days a week to increase my muscle hypertrophy in order to achieve my desired look. Like stated above. My diet will change in 2 weeks.

To?
  • thatsillyshana23
    thatsillyshana23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    If you want this, do it. You're still getting used to the change. If you don't like it, talk to your PT and/or a licensed nutritionist to come up with a plan with you that you can agree on. Keep it up! Communicate with your PT, he/she won't know if it's not right for you if you don't say anything. Again, it's only day two. Keep it up for the 2 weeks and see what happens.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    This current diet is only for 3 weeks. I will then change the diet again once ive got my body fat down to a number im much happier with. My goal is to look lean. Once i'm lean i will then try to add on size whilst retaining the same level of body fat.
    Annr wrote: »

The transformation is merely a challenge for myself to push myself to limit and see how far i can push myself pyhscially and mentally. I should mention that after 90 days i wont snap back and start eating crap. This is a new lifestyle change for me. Im just struggling at the first hurdle.
    Because with just 1350 calories for 90 days, this will be quite a lot and if this is a recent picture, it will probably be more than is healthy. Unless the expected transformation is to look anorexic?

You are working on muscle hypertrophy but are reducing calories to 1350? I do not think it works this way.
  • SachaMarinus
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    My diet will change in 2 weeks.

To?

My calorie intake will increase in order to do a lean bulk. I'm only on the diet to reduce my body fat %.

You are working on muscle hypertrophy but are reducing calories to 1350? I do not think it works this way.

My overall goal is hypertrophy. I'm aware i wont be making massive gains atm because of my diet.

• SachaMarinus
    Options
    If you want this, do it. You're still getting used to the change. If you don't like it, talk to your PT and/or a licensed nutritionist to come up with a plan with you that you can agree on. Keep it up! Communicate with your PT, he/she won't know if it's not right for you if you don't say anything. Again, it's only day two. Keep it up for the 2 weeks and see what happens.

It's been a whole week now!! I'm feeling much better. My diets exactly the same but after a few words with my pt i feel more educated about why I'm eating what i am. And why its important to eat them.