Options
    3.75 miles, 70 minutes. I'm lovin' it! :smile:
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    4.1 miles today :-)
  • kevingrant1970
    Options
    Hello and good luck to all in the Walking Program. Walking is a great way to lead into jogging and then running long distances. For example, in January 2009, I wasn't in the best shape, but I walked everyday and watched what I ate. After losing some weight, I started to jog and that led to running 5k fun runs on a weekly basis. In June of 2009, I ran the Indianapolis 500 Mini marathon without stopping and looking back during my training, I remember walking started it all off. Good luck to everyone!
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    Only got in 25 min today.Didn't put on my HRM because my hubby was walking with me and I didn't really push myself.So tomorrow I will walk my 45 minin the morning with the baby, and try to do another later in the day.Oh and I am starting the 30 day shred in the morning.
  • NoMoreThickyMickey
    NoMoreThickyMickey Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Slowly but surely i will get to my 30 hour goal... I'm gonna make this week count
  • lindaj07
    lindaj07 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    3.75 miles, 70 minutes. I'm lovin' it! :smile:

Whhhooooooooooo! Mary, what a fantastic walk! That must be your best yet?? :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    You really are moving on up there!!!! You amaze me!!!

4.2 for me today - I did a personal best today too: Best speed - I did my 3.4 miles route round the park and my speed was 4.1 mph!!!! This is down to Flausa's tip about moving my arms and taking smaller steps! I really didn't expect the effect to be so dramatic!! (Though it DOES seem a bit strange, doesn't it?) THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • cjnolt
    cjnolt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I did not walk this weekend - BUT we mountain biked a trail for 13 miles on Sat. and then Kayaked on Sunday. It was so much fun!

This morning I walked my dog for 2.25 miles. What a beautiful morning.
  • lindaj07
    lindaj07 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Hey! I just realised I already beat my June Walking Challenge!!!! (To increase my speed to 4 mph) I'm going to keep on pushing the speed when I can.
  • candlelady1
    candlelady1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I WOULD LOVE TO JOIN IF NOT TO LATE. I NEED TO START EXERCISING. I HAVE A GAZZELE I BOUGHT A WHILE AGO. CAN IT COUNT . IT IS LIKE WALKING. LET ME KINOW SO I CAN GET STATRED. I AM ALSO A VIRGO, SOMETIMES CRAZY AND LAZY.

CANDLELADY1
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    45 min done 400 calories burned.
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    posting another 60 minutes for last night. Hoping to get out today but it's not looking that great. So glad Dance class for my girls is almost over. I can then reclaim my evenings
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    52 minutes. An odd amount, I know. That is when the children's patience ran out.:tongue:
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    55 min. tonight
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    Did 20 minutes of kettle bell w/o and 3 miles !!!!! I even got my ticker updated :laugh: Thank you Eliza!!! Counting today as a winner. Take care everyone!!!

Have a great nite,
    Janet:heart:

No problem, Happy Walking! :drinker:
  • mimi7grands
    mimi7grands Posts: 616
    Options
    3.25 miles today for me, at 3.25 mph. I'm almost half way to my goal and it's still the first week of June. I must have a competitive streak in there somewhere. This challenge is motivating. The cool weather we're having doesn't hurt either! Linda, awesome speed!
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    I'm up to 10 miles as of today!
  • harderfasterstr0nger
    Options
    Well I am already required to get 3 miles a day this week. Maybe I can find a nice mile route to walk my puppy on to cool down.:smile:
  • Danthewatcher
    Options
    Darn weekends...stick in the spokes anyone?
    Didn't fall off the wagon, but didn't accomplish what I had planned.

But I did sign-up at Nike+.

A reminder to myself of what the next step will be.

Thanks for the words Mr. Grant.
    It was inspiring to me.

Have a great day folks!
    :)
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I did my 3.4 miles route round the park and my speed was 4.1 mph!!!! This is down to Flausa's tip about moving my arms and taking smaller steps! I really didn't expect the effect to be so dramatic!! (Though it DOES seem a bit strange, doesn't it?) THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Feels strange, but soooo good, and I'm well pleased for you! :bigsmile:

Only one more walk left this week before THE BIG ONE, so I'm doing short distances with speedwork. I was so chuffed, I actually powered up to 5mph for about 45 seconds and held at 4.5mph for 10 minutes which is a personal best. 2.4 miles in 35 minutes.

exercise.png
  • cjnolt
    cjnolt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Got in a another 2.25 mile this morning with my dog. Awesome morning.

How do you ladies know how fast you are walking? What gadgets are you using? That is pretty neat.

I have been using a sportline pedometer watch to tell me my miles - I'll have to check the book to see if it can show speed.